Does anyone have any Chinese romance drama recommendations where the male lead isn’t super quiet and cold? I’ve watched The Romance of Tiger and Rose and Skate Into Love and I like both of the male leads in those because they’re pretty outgoing. I also like how the female leads in both of those don’t have the personality of a brick lol. Thanks in advance!

I personally love the Cold ML plots but here are four that I remember:

The Eternal Love - A second season, ML starts cold but not for long, he is outgoing and so is the FL.

The Princess Wei Young - The ML is a prince and is sometimes serious due to the politics part of the story but is outgoing with most people, including the FL.

The Romance of Hua Rong - Highly recommend this. No cold ML or FL, they bicker often like the leads from TROTAR.

My Fantastic Mrs Right: Season 1  - Another season to this. Prince ML starts cold for a few episodes but he is secretly outgoing.

• +1 The Princess Wei Young
  • +1 The Romance of Hua Rong
  • Sound of the Desert - Outgoing, flirtatious, devoted, and head-over-heels from the very beginning. 
  • The Story of Ming Lan - He's always outgoing / never quiet. He's sort of cold to his enemies (understandably) and for a while he makes not great choices which sort of pit him against the FL, but after he figures that part out he's very warm and attentive towards her.
  • The Eternal Love / The Eternal Love 2 - He starts off a bit cold but quickly warms up. He reminds me of the ML from The Romance of Tiger and Rose if he were just a tiny bit older.
  • Accidentally in Love - Has some aloof moments in the beginning, but definitely not quiet and generally quite outgoing.
  • Arsenal Military Academy - Never cold or quiet / always outgoing.
  • Across the Ocean to See You - Not cold or quiet. He's sometimes a bit of a stick in the mud, but also thoughtful, principled, attentive and warm. 
  • Lost Love in Times - Not super warm and outgoing, but not extremely quiet and cold either.
  • Lucky's First Love - Some aloof moments, but not really cold and not quiet.
  • The Legends - He's quite shy and quiet in the beginning, but not cold. Then circumstances change and he becomes a little bit cold but also powerful and not quiet or shy. As the drama progresses he becomes more warm and outgoing.

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO 

Arsenal Military Academy
Where the Lost Ones Go
The Princess Weiyoung
Siege in Fog

Youth

Sweet Combat

The Brightest Star in the Sky

Put Your Head on my Shoulder

My Little Princess

Chasing Ball 

Take My Brother Away - but it not romance

Love Designer. He is so playful with the FL. The most expressive CEO  I've seen so far.

Recommend: Find Yourself and Well Intended Love

A warning about Well-intended love, season 1. The ML plans and executes a deception on the FL that is quite unimaginably horrible.  So vicious that it could be argued he's actually VERY cold, to be able to plan and carry out such a thing entirely for his own selfish interest.

Oh yeah, i stopped watching it when it came to that part cause it creeped me out lol. thanks!