First time posting here and new to dramas, I hope you guys can help me! I recently finished watching Hi, My Sweetheart, The Fool, and Celeb to Binbo Taro. Some spoilers down below if you havent seen these! In Hi, My Sweetheart (even though its really cheesey and cliche) you can really feel the love Chen Bao Chu has for Xue Hai. She was in love with him for a total of 7 years; dated him for 3, looked for him for 3 more and then almost killed herself to save him. When she crawled out of her hospital bed towards Xue Hai's room in episode 13, I felt really touched. You can tell nobody can match her love. In The Fool, the romance between the 2 leads was very small. You can tell she doesnt feel for him at all and he only admires her because she's a celebrity. After spending almost every day together over 5 months, their chemistry grows better and better. Even you start to see how much the male lead is occupying her mind everyday and vice versa. She was ready to sacrifice her fortune and well-being to be with him, I really liked that. However, in Celeb to Binbo, most of the episodes barely had any screen time for the 2 leads. It was mostly about the neighborhood and the well-being of its inhabitants. All of a sudden romance sparks between the two because they spent one episode together? It's not very believable and feels very shallow. During the last episode when the male lead "died", i felt absolutely nothing because they did such a poor job developing the chemistry between the two characters. TLDR;Looking for a drama where the romance between the 2 leads are real and fleshed out. There should be good reason why one loves the other, not a "love a first sight" sort of thing.
The first dramas to come to my mind were Coffee Prince and Reply 1997. These are also dramas where the romance doesn't develop because of love at first sight: Protect The Boss Buzzer Beat I Need Romance Can we get married? Padam Padam I think the romance in Queen Inhyun's Man starts out with a bit of the love at first sight feeling but I still want to recommend it because their chemistry is really good (the actors started dating in real life). It's actually pretty common in K-dramas that the two leads don't like or even hate each other in the beginning (like in That Fool) but then they fall in love over the course of the drama.
The Fierce Wife You have to wait awhile to get to the pairing, but when it does come you really cheer for her to keep him.

My Girl A bit slapstick in the beginning, with lots of comedy peppered through out, and the attraction between them builds into a great gut-wrenching romance.

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon Probably the most realistic of all of them.

Still Marry Me The series builds a lot of cute, romantic chemistry moments between them. And Kim Bum is the lead. That's a whole reason to watch it, by itself.
I saw that you have HYD on hold, and if you give this one a chance and get to about ep 3 or 4 i think you won't be able to stop until you see the last scene of the movie finale, that being said i have some other suggestions for some other countries.. Korea: Rooftop Prince, Arang and the Magistrate and Secret Garden all have an element of magic/supernatural but all the couples go through ups and downs making the romance seem more real, and the actors had great chemistry together. Taiwan: Fated to Love You and MARS are two of my all-time favorites, they may be a few years older than what you're expecting BUT they really delve deeply into the construction of these couples, great story lines, plot and chemistry for them both.
Buzzer Beat The Princess' Man Innocent Man Cruel City Arang and the Magistrate
Family's Honor (Lee Kang Suk - Dan Ah sweet couple)
New Tales of Gisaeng (Da Mo - Sa Ran)
recently finished Buzzer Beat, thanks a lot guys! I liked the couple in that show. They started out friends and worked their way up to lovers. However, it was one sided for almost the entire drama. I couldn't really feel any love the male lead had for the female lead until the very end where suddenly he loves her.
Smile, You - more rom com with little serious moments. leads dont get along at first but they fall in love. Its fairly long and progress slow. Believable couple, None of that love at first sight. I haven't seen any better chemistry than these two.. Starring lee min jung and jung kyung ho. It also has the best OST ive heard. Smile, You OST 1Smile, You OST 2
If you like hi my sweetheart. you will like this.
I second Smile You!
It's such a great drama and even though you'll hate some of the characters in the beginning you'll grow to like (or even love) them later on. The character development in this drama is great! I also love the humor, especially after episode 15+, it's so fun and sweet. Hopefully it will make you laugh as much as I did! But the best part about this drama is without doubt the chemistry between the main couple. I've never seen such great chemistry in another drama! You might not see it in the beginning, but when they grow fond of each other you'll definitely see their chemistry.
Gu family book reason: cuz of prediction My girlfriend is gumiho reason: to be human I hear ur voice reason: promise Missing u reason: meeting after 10 years after true love Sad love song reason: childhood friends
I agree with:
Innocent Man
Cruel City
My lovely Kim Sam Soon

and I'll add
Sorry I love you
Pride
Love Generation: Kimura Takuya just has a really great Chemistry with Matsu Takako
One Million Stars falling from the sky