Hello!^^. So I love romance/action/comedy/mystery type stuff and am looking for a new drama. The following are some dramas I have recently watched: Secret Garden, Que Sera Sera, My name is Sam Soon, the Heirs, Secret Love, Rich man Poor woman. I watched them cause I love romance dramas, but at the same time I cant help but loathe some of the things the main characters did. The guys are the biggest DOUCHEBAGS in the world sometimes; tossing around girls, kissing them when they dont want it, pretty much pushing them on a bed and trying to "snuggle" or in another case "express their desire" when its not wanted. It makes the viewer uncomfortable. I'm not anti-male or something LOL. But I'm just not sure why the CEO's/the arrogant guys/the main leads always have to act like the biggest bigots in the world sometimes. I've seen this pattern repeated constantly and I'm at wits end. I'm ready to give up korean dramas haha. See, I love cold males in dramas,but I hate abusive ones. A good example of a proper storyline with good characters that I loveeee is The Masters Sun. FAV <3 So PLEASE help me find a good romance with none of that male bigotry, and with female leads who will dice the balls of men who try and do that shit to them. ...I'll be waiting. ^^ hahahahaha please forgive me if I've offended anyone!
King2Hearts
Protect The Boss
I Hear Your Voice

Not sure about anything else, but all these had strong female leads. The first two have arrogant guys, but they can never win against the girls.
I've actually only seen a couple where the guys are overly pushy, or maybe I'm just indifferent.

I know what you mean about wanting a strong female lead, but they seem hard to come by in dramas sometimes. Often the guys are jerks at the beginning but come around by the end of the series, but sometimes the end is too far away.

I can try some recommendations, but I won't be offended if they don't appeal to you. My interpretations of the characters could be different from yours too.

Strong Female Leads:

Protect the Boss
Me Too, Flower
Coffee Prince
I Love Lee Tae Ri

Ones where the guy isn't [too much of] a jerk.
Who Are You
Haeundae Lovers
Cheongdamdong Alice
49 Days
Queen InHyun's Man
I Miss You/Missing You
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Shut Up Flower Boy Band
From the top of my head: Dal Ja's Spring Can we get married? (if you have a very low tolerance for meddling mother in laws, this might not be the best drama though...) Soulmate Protect the Boss (yes there's chaebols in this one but compared to other dramas they're pretty nice, bonus: the second female lead gets pretty cool after a while) From your PTW list these might be good as well: Sungkyunkwan Scandal Nine Times Time Travel (though for me it wasn't as romance centered as the other ones i mentioned) The Princess' Man Queen Inhyun's Man (imo this drama has one of the best male leads)
Taiwanese Dramas Queen of SOP (Male Lead is such a nice guy; with a strong female lead) In a Good Way, (but it is still on-air right now) In Time With You (surely with a strong female lead) Chinese dramas Startling by Each Step (its a historical drama with a strong female lead) Korean Dramas Dream High I Hear Your Voice Thats all I can think of right now.
I agree with you!! I am currently watching My Name Is Kim Sam Soon, and I have exactly the same "complaint" about it. Like you say, guys can be cold, but I don't like it when they are douchebags. I see that you have mostly Korean titles on your list, but maybe you'd like Kimi wa petto. The female lead is... well, strong but also weak depending on how you look at it, and the male lead is "different"... trying very hard to please, at least! A drama that don't exactly fit all your criteria but that I recommend is Orange Days. ...But maybe you'll like the other suggestions better, I haven't seen them.
I have yet to watch The Masters Sun, but I do have a couple of suggestions you could look into. Does it matter if I suggest a couple movies? Korean- The Beast and the Beauty (movie) Postman to Heaven (movie) 49 Days Japanese- Kimi wa Petto (totally agree w/ Lily on this) Densha Otoko Hotaru no Hikari Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Taiwanese- MARS I admit that not all of my suggestions have kick-ass females, but they are still loveable in their own way.
erazzly wrote:

Ones where the guy isn't [too much of] a jerk.

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

The lead guy is one of the biggest jerks in any drama I have watched.. I know it gets better but man, I almost dropped it because I just couldn't

Dramas with great male leads:
Orange Days
Missing You
MARS
Queen in-Hyun's Man
Thanks everyone! Got so many good suggestions so far ^^ @egobandit - ah! MARS, I remember that was a manga that so many people used to recommend to me. Didn't know there was a drama based on it. I think I'll give it a shot ^^. But I watched like 15min of my gf is a gumiho and the guy didnt seem so bad. Maybe I watched a rare scene. Just as long as he doesnt force himself on her or emotionally/physically/sexually assault her in any way shape or form lol. @Lily_b and Fulldex; i just read the description for kimi wa petto - hahaahhaha oh my goodness it sounds so strange. Is there enough conflict in it though? One of my main problems with romances is fluff; I need a solid storyline to accompany them. I know, i'm super picky. @the rest of ya'll. I've watched "I hear your voice" and its super cute :) I think Im going to try queen in-Hyun's man since so many people recommended it. Also gonna try city hall, i la-la looove me some politics.
jasg83 wrote: @egobandit - ah! MARS, I remember that was a manga that so many people used to recommend to me. Didn't know there was a drama based on it. I think I'll give it a shot ^^. But I watched like 15min of my gf is a gumiho and the guy didnt seem so bad. Maybe I watched a rare scene. Just as long as he doesnt force himself on her or emotionally/physically/sexually assault her in any way shape or form lol.

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho is very sweet in the later episodes, but he's incredibly bad to her during the first half. It's definitely worth watching, but it deserves a disclaimer. I don't mean bad like forcing himself on her, just treating her poorly.

I haven't read the MARS manga, but I hear the adaptation keeps very true to it. It's a really, really good romance - easily the best TWdrama I have seen.

I also can't stand forceful male leads - maybe it's a big cultural difference between America and Asia, but it makes my spine crawl when I see some guy force a kiss on the girl or something like that. Not a fan of female leads that do the same thing, but it's far less common. Luckily, the "surprise kiss" thing is more commonly found in romantic comedies, because I guess forcing yourself on someone is funny.. ha ha ha.. ha..