I have a friend who loves Korean romance drama. Recently she start to take interest in watching Japanese drama after i recommend her to watch some of my favourites. She admit Japanese have a lot of interesting dramas, but she said, "...but when i want to watch romance stories, i'll go to Korean drama" To her, Japanese dramas are lack of romance. Of course i can't agree with her since she have only watched a very few of Japanese romance dramas. Then she ask for more recommendation. I myself have watched a bunch of them, and want to recommend some from my list. The problem is, I'm not really a fans of romance drama, so i don't have many romance drama that i rated high. Besides, our taste of romance genre are quite different. The best romance drama on my list is Saikou no Rikon which have smart script and realistic plot. I have recommend this to her, but although she really enjoyed it, she thought it lack of romantic scene so it doesn't count as a "romance" drama. Well, i think she just being spoiled by Korean romantic stuff =p So, anyone can help me to choose some Japanese romance dramas for her? Anything that Kdrama lover will enjoy (and find it romantic enough).. It can be from my list or dramas that i haven't watch. (just ignore my rating for the dramas, like i said, i myself didn't enjoy a lot of romance dramas, thats why i need your help!) Thanks! note: J-romance drama she have watched are.. saikou no rikon, orange days, hotaru no hikari, h2, itazura na kiss (both), boku to star no 99 nichi, ando llyod, hana yori dango, propose kyoudai, last cinderella (this one is either on hold or dropped)
Sapuri One Pound Gospel Sorry for the small recommendation. Most of my rom-coms are way more comedy than romance. :)
Majo no jouken Koizora :)
Is she looking for romantic "cheesy" scenes??? or just romantic scenes? yes, Japanese dramas don't have that very often right? they don't show their feelings the way Korean dramas do. So... these are some that I beleive are a must for her: * Tatta hitotsu no koi (definitely!) * Rich man, Poor woman * Paradise Kiss (although it is a movie) Maybe one these: * Buzzer Beat * Dokushin Kizoku * Love Shuffle * Pride * Beautiful life * Tsuki no koibito And if she doesn't have problem with youth love: * Sprout * Koizora (the movie or drama, either of them)
femmedesneiges wrote: Buzzer Beat

Ara99 wrote:
* Buzzer Beat
* Love Shuffle

I third and second these.
- tatta hitotsu no koi - byakuyakou (<-- it's depressing and twisted, but it's all focused around a love theme so if she can handle that type of drama, she might like it anyway :P)
Well she already saw most of what I would recomend but here it is: Romance with comedy: - Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Ikemen Desu Ne (same as you are beautiful) Dramatic Romance: - Nagareboshi (one of my favorites of all time) - Innocent Love - Koizora (I like the drama better then the movie but...) Hope you can find what you are looking for to convince your friend. :D
I agree with your friend! :)
Japanese dramas tend to have better storytelling and more meaningful romantic scenes (as opposed to cheesiness) than Korean dramas, BUT that's only when they go all the way with the romance, eg Buzzer Beat, Pride. In the vast majority of cases, though, the actual romance in so-called romantic dramas is really half-baked. There's lots of warm feelings between the characters but no real intimacy. No kissing, no cuddling and certainly no bed scenes (not that bed scenes are a requirement to be romantic). Like your friend I am always disappointed by this. That's why when I'm in the mood for romance I go to Korea.

Anyway, I second the recommendations for Buzzer Beat and Pride. I'd also like to recommend Aishiteru to Ikketure and Sweet Room.

A little note about Aishiteru to Ikketure - this is a great drama for romance lovers, however the ending is a little disappointing due to certain choices the characters make. Still it is not an unhappy ending, per se, and is definitely worth the watch for romance fans.

Nagareboshi and Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose are also nice, but no kissing or physical interaction between the leads at all (not even holding hands).
[LIST=1]
[*]Densha Otoko Romance-Drama-Comedy
[*]Orange Days Romance-Drama
[*]Tatta Hitotsu no Koi Drama-Romance
[/LIST]
MrsLeeSeoJin wrote:
Nagareboshi and Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose are also nice, but no kissing or physical interaction between the leads at all (not even holding hands).

In Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose they just hug 2 times that is right, but in nagareboshi besides huging they do kiss in the end. :)
Thanks all for the help! Now i have a long drama list for her to watch ;) (and for me too since i haven't watch some of them and they look interesting!) Bzzer beat seems really popular among kdrama fans, so i think she should watch this first before the other :D
AnitaGuida wrote: In Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose they just hug 2 times that is right, but in nagareboshi besides huging they do kiss in the end. :)

Re Nagareboshi ... they kissed? Are you sure? I can't remember a kiss! What scene? I feel like I would have remembered a kiss because I thought Yukata and Risa had such amazing chemistry ... all I wanted was for them to kiss! :)

And you're right, there was that hug in the church in Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose. Thx for jogging my memory! :)