I also recommend Faith. Queen In-Hyuns man has the sweetest, most devoted male lead I've ever seen. He's like a second lead if the overbearing guy never got in there lol. It's one of my top 3.
i second kingyo club ( really good) reply 1997 9 end 2 outs (they are friends but i don't remember if he was a self sacrificing guy)
Nice guy/Innocent Man or Loveholic.
Queen of Ambition - up till a certain point though
I also recommend Kingyo Club. The male lead (and ultimately, the couple) is very endearing and sweet, but not in a exaggerated way. One of my favourite dramas.
Queen In-Hyun's Man! It was like the second male lead finally getting the girl, haha.
Hmmm these have nice guys as leads but I don't know about self-sacrificing. The leads aren't cold-hearted and "bad-boyish" for these following dramas: Queen In Hyun's Man Reply 1997 Faith Baker King Kim Tak Goo ---Dramas with Nishikado Ryo except for Last Friends like Zenkai Girl Seigi no Mikata The Musical X-Family Tokujo Kabachi Hi my Sweetheart
For movies, I'd recommend Always and The Beast and the Beauty. Both feature a guy who is really nice and good to the girl he likes, but then sacrifices himself when circumstances lead him to believe he'll make the girl unhappy in some way... The second one is more of a comedy than the first, though ^^

For dramas, I'd recommend Sad Love Story and Nagareboshi.

If you want to see Guy Sacrifices Himself for His One True Love embodied in a drama, definitely check out Sad Love Story. It's a bit on the old side and a bit on the slow side for how the plot unfolds, but it fits your criteria to a tee. The male lead doesn't stop sacrificing himself for the sake of his female lead for the entire drama; even in the last scene, that's the case.

Nagareboshi also has a slowly unfolding plot line, and a noticeable age-gap between the lead guy and the lead girl, but their story is very sweet. I'd say both the male lead and the female lead sacrifice themselves at some point for each other in the drama, which makes for an interesting watch at the very least...
I strongly recommend Shibatora. It fits perfectly in the self-sacrificing nice male lead.
Witch's Romance is a perfect example of that. The lead guy always wants the best for the female lead, encouraging her and being her biggest champion.
Queen of Ambition and Innocent man. Male leads in both dramas sacrificed themselves till they reached the lowest points in their lives. Both are melodramas.