What's Wrong with Secretary Kim (Korean)

Because of you (Chinese)

Coffee and Vanilla (Japanese)

• About Time
  • Crash Landing On You
  • Flower Of Evil
  • Just Between Lovers
  • Mystic Pop-Up Bar
  • Prison Playbook
  • Vagabond
  • Touch Your Heart
 Charlisa Ben:
What's Wrong with Secretary Kim (Korean)

The ML's brother also pursues the FL and for a period of time the FL believes that a formative experience she had as a child with the ML actually happened with his brother

honey_boo:
Crash Landing On You

The ML has a fiancee. He doesn't have romantic feelings for her, but she has romantic feelings for him for a good portion of the drama. The FL's ex-fiancee (or ex almost fiance?) is the SML. He never had romantic feelings for the FL and she never had romantic feelings for him, but they both hate the FL's brother and are the only South Koreans in North Korea in the context of the story, so they have a bit of a bond for those reasons. Even though there are no romantic feelings between them, the ML still gets jealous and at one point the FL accepts a wedding ring from the SML and chooses to stay with him over the ML (for reasons). She quickly changes her mind and goes after the ML, and later pawns the ring.

honey_boo:
Just Between Lovers

iirc, the FL's boss had some romantic interest in the FL, although I think he ended up with someone else

Thx for all responses but again - it seems that there're triangles or rivals everywhere...

BTW - it came to my mind - is there a drama without any secondary leads? Just ML&FL, no secondaries, just background for their story. This might not have triangles, hmm... Or it may have with additional background characters too :-/

It's Okay, That's Love FL have a bf in like first 2? ep and he disappears afterwards. 

Listen dude, i was like you and was searching for the perfect dramas without triangles and shit but realistically you won't find exactly what you want.  Most dramas are catered to women (a lot of them love triangles) so there's always gonna be some kind of triangle or something similar.

If you look at my list, theres a lot of dramas with triangles but i still enjoyed them a lot.
What i do is just skip the annoying parts, most of the time you won't miss anything important.

I still can't stand them, really. Maybe I just can't watch dramas then.

Sylar_Rose:

I still can't stand them, really. Maybe I just can't watch dramas then.

I think some Chinese dramas are more catered towards men. like  Wuxia dramas. Although those usually don't have modern themes and the focuses are not usually on romance. But since it is catered to men, those dramas usually have a higher chance of either no love triangles/rivals, or if there is, it's usually just multiple females chasing the same man.

honey_boo:
Flower Of Evil

Was going to say it, I loved that this drama was that much great so it didn't need triangle or any other interested person to add emotional "salt" on romance (triangles, jealousy are for that - to sharp feelings in romance) and that romance was so crazy emotional and greatly acted, amazing chemistry..

I also loved that men and women are close as friends, male co workers of FL deeply care for her, her partner even says "I love her", but it is 100% friendly and he loves his wife very much. usually in Asian dramas close friendship between men and women means romantic feelings from one side; so this drama was refreshing even in this subject 

I hate them too. I detest them. We are in the same boat. I have a list for that, you can check it out, I wrote details about every show. Love triangles are the cheapest and easiest plot that writers could use especially when it is completely predictable. Such a stupid drama for a typical female audience.

Dating in the Kitchen.  A secondary guy likes FL briefly, but she never notices and doesn't sway from ML.  Age difference between the characters, but I thought it was terribly romantic.

Do you like historicals? Ancient Detective might work. It is more of a detective show but the romance is still there. There are two couples. I think one of the female characters likes the ML but the ML never notices and nothing is ever really said. 

Also the historical Maiden Holmes. There are two couples in that one and I don't remember any love triangles. 

For non historicals, try Tale of the Nine-Tailed and DOTS.

I am not sure, but I think Love 020 can be considered. There is a guy interested in FL but I don’t see it as a real triangle. 

Gerline:

If you do not mind chinese drama i would say check it out:

Go go squid(slow romance till ep. 20 or something like that but after is is fluffy)

Intense love (Fluffy)

Flipped(drama but i loved the main couple)

General and I

Far away love(lots of drama but strong ML)

Memory lost(1 till 3) i think, it has been a while since i watched this one.

Put your head on my shoulder(innocent school drama)

Korean:

Clean with passion for now(No rivals, but some angst and a very steamy kiss ;) 

Devilish joy 

Golden bride( one of my favourit)

introverted boss

my secret romance

oh my venus(i loved this)

Shopping king louie

Something about 1 procent

Ugly alert( long but so good)

You could also check BL, a lot of them are good with out a love triangle. 

Love me if you dare is very good, the romance is not super strong but is importent to the storyline. 

I hope you find something to watched, i hope i did not make a mistake .Some i watched a long time ago.

shopping king Louie DEFINITELY has a love triangle lol, that’s like 30% the plot