Hi everyone, I just finished watching the masterpiece drama called Giant and I am looking for something similar. Generally I don't enjoy Korean family dramas too much because there is a lot of exagerated shouting, crying and makjang in general however I really liked Giant because it had a very well balanced script and the actors were very good. Could anyone recommend me a similar drama, possibly not historical for now? Thanks very much indeed.
Well I haven't seen Giant yet, but judging from what I know about the plot A Man's Story might fit what you're looking for. The hero wants to get revenge by bringing down the antagonist's company and he finds a group of friends that help him with all the business and stock schemes. Add to that Kim Kang Woo who plays one of my favourite villains in dramaland!
East of Eden :) Siblings, fighting against a big villain, long drama, revenge.
thanks so much @Croocked and Samsoons...I will go and check these two dramas out immediately. ;-)
Incarnation of Money - I think its same writing team as Giant
Hm...definitely Incarnation of Money ^^ it's a really great drama about revenge!
Not exactly the same but Incarnation Of Money and History Of A Salaryman are by the same writer I believe and History Of A Salaryman was awesome.
Out of curiosity, why don't you check out the recommendation feature on MDL? http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/365/giant/recommendations
Lee Bum Soo is also in History OF A Salaryman!!! I love him!!!
Hi yes I have already seen both History of a Salaryman and Incarnation of Money and they are both absolutely brilliant (I think they are both written by the same screenwriter too). Thanks so much for your recommendations anyway. Thanks very much to Skye too...I will go and see the link that you attached. For the moment I will watch East of Eden and then I will go on to A Man's Story. Thanks again to all of you.
Empire of Gold , the excitement and thrilling of how to find solutions for your business so you don't fail and lose is kind of the same, also there is some family issue and inheritance I know that Giant is one of it kind and Empire of gold won't be at the same level, but it's so good in whole and the actors did really great