I don't know why, but I can't get enough of this trope. Any good recommendations for more dramas like this?

Examples: It's Okay to Not Be Okay, True Beauty, The Good Detective, My Mister, King2Hearts, Ojakgyo Brothers, Just Between Lovers, You're All Surrounded, etc

Hyde, Jekyll, Me - fits what you want, plus good character development and very very emotional, but dont judge it with few first episodes, there was many clieches and poor writing/low quality, I was going to rate 7 or 7,5 but then it become so good, deep and emotional I gave 9 (would do more if not primitiveness of beginning)

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes fits perfectly 

Chicago Typewriter also fits perfectly

I'm Not a Robot 

The Innocent Man 

Cruel City great drama, but trauma isn't point, or at list one trauma, he had very difficult life and it continues to be complicated and difficult, because of his "life style" he just can't be normal boyfriend material. Romance isn't main theme but even that I think it was one of best (without taboo) romance, also the whole drama is very great, full of plot twists. 

Also check out:

• Go Ahead
  • Bride of the Century
  • Kingyo Club
  • Good Detective
  • Flower of evil
  • Find Me In Your Memory 
  •  Cheese in a Trap
  • School 2013
  • Snow Queen
 fanitha:
30 but 17

Overall is this drama good? I was just thinking to watch, ML and FL are both my favorite and really good actors

NiSkywalker:

Overall is this drama good? I was just thinking to watch, ML and FL are both my favorite and really good actors

It's one of my favorites, it has great chemistry of the leads and also the story is very engaging. Highly recommended.

fanitha:

It's one of my favorites, it has great chemistry of the leads and also the story is very engaging. Highly recommended.

thank you, I'll start it now ))

Mad dog (SUCH AN AMAZING DRAMA)

fanitha:

30 but 17

I'm in the middle of the drama and it's so great. It's rare when all characters are soo good and multilayered, and they have healthy relationships, beautiful friendships and even ML and his father, or sister, their relationships aren't main theme but I feel relieved that it isn't too much good or too much bad, it's realistic healthy relationship.  Chan and his guys <3 Chan and his uncle <3 

at this moment Chan is too good and his relationship with FL is more sweet, better chemistry (at list from beginning) believable (in fact they are more same age/mind and would be realistical for her to like him, not rude uncle, who now gets better but when she started to like him, I couldn't see reason of it. 

p.s. as I said I love both actors ML and FL, but in this drama ML is quite shadowed from FL and Chan. and SHE IS SOOO GOOD, hw can this actress overshadow everyone (even great actor MLs) and full drama EVERY TIME???? she is really amazing!

NiSkywalker:

I'm in the middle of the drama and it's so great. It's rare when all characters are soo good and multilayered, and they have healthy relationships, beautiful friendships and even ML and his father, or sister, their relationships aren't main theme but I feel relieved that it isn't too much good or too much bad, it's realistic healthy relationship.  Chan and his guys <3 Chan and his uncle <3 

at this moment Chan is too good and his relationship with FL is more sweet, better chemistry (at list from beginning) believable (in fact they are more same age/mind and would be realistical for her to like him, not rude uncle, who now gets better but when she started to like him, I couldn't see reason of it. 

p.s. as I said I love both actors ML and FL, but in this drama ML is quite shadowed from FL and Chan. and SHE IS SOOO GOOD, hw can this actress overshadow everyone (even great actor MLs) and full drama EVERY TIME???? she is really amazing!

I'm glad you're liking it, I get what you're saying about the chemistry of the FL and Chan, thy had really good rapport. But I also like how the ML cares about the FL and how she slowly starts melting his ice core. 

fanitha:
I also like how the ML cares about the FL and how she slowly starts melting his ice core. 

I like them too, but it is slow burn and before you feel for them and see their connection you see how sweet is her chemistry with Chan (and how great human and sweet boy is Chan). I'm not saying they should be couple, if I was writer would change only one thing, she wouldn't like ML so early, when there wasn't anything to like. Drama would show more FL/Chan time/connection/friendly chemistry  first 6-7/12-14 episodes and only after ML realises he likes her and changes, shows her his good sides, she would start to like ML, plus in the beginning mentally she really is 17 who wouldn't see uncle like guy as a man. She had to grow up fast and for that time (7-9 ep) she is more adult who could see ML as a man.

The Untamed (cdrama , this is truly the best drama ever and the ML became one of the biggest role models in my life! This is exactly what you're looking for and the ML becomes distant as the drama goes on I don't wanna give any more spoilers xD This drama will impact you greatly and you will not be able to move on from it! The most important thing is to avoid reading ANY spoilers!!! and watch from the beginning and not skip a part. It gets better and better it is insane and deals with personal struggles, mature and life-changing dialogues,  sacrifice, family, friendship, romance etc. Read the reviews and you'll  get what I mean xD   it is a MUST WATCH)