So like the subject says, I want a show where the male lead is grey and in any other show you would think he would be an antagonist (but he's definitely a protagonist). Something like money game's Eugene han and hye joon but with an ending where they are actually together (or atleast implied that they will end up together eventually)

Something like a cat mouse dynamic between the two leads? 

Also I don't like light, fluffy, comedy. I like somewhat serious kdramas, melodrama or dark themes. 

Please don't recommend Vincenzo because I dropped it. And please don't recommend flower of evil because I do plan on watching it (lee joon gii is one of my faves) but since the leads are already married and it's pretty heavy on the romance (the first episode was atleast) so that's not what I'm looking for 

Those who have seen money game will understand what I'm talking about. Basically I need a rec where the male lead is kinda intense and kinda frightens the female lead but they have good chemistry and he doesn't bring out his evil side when the FL is around (but she still thinks he's somewhat shady lol)

If there are recs I'd be really grateful  :)

Spoiler warning for every drama I will mention, it will be related to the OP's requirement though. 

Okay the shows below mightn't be  like Money Game, but have an sort of evil ML and he either ends up with FL or it's implied that they might or it's ambiguous: 

I think you have already watched Moon Lovers and Cheese in the Trap, but for anybody who hasn't , they seem to fit in a way, depending how you interpret the endings. 

My Heart Twinkle Twinkle (  the drama as a whole is kinda annoying, but if you don't mind skipping the ML fits the bill sort of) - whether they end up together or not is very ambiguous 

Born Again -  he is as gray as you get, the drama is quite dark at times and in my opinion unusual for the kdrama world. 

Falling for Innocence- this isn't without the fluff, but from everything I recommended I think the closest to the Money Game imho.

When the Man is in Love - the guy is a loan shark at the beginning  - I felt the happy romantic ending was implied but not everybody agrees with me.

Now non of these fit the bill perfectly and some are less so than others, but all of them have gray ML, in some cases more so than others. So I am not sure whether you'd like them, but perhaps check them out just in case ;-)

@Meg thankyou for taking the time out to reply! Yes you're right I have watched (and loved) both cheese in the trap and moon lovers. 

Born again....I like to pretend that the drama does not exist. It made my blood boil. I have never hated a drama as much as I hated this one.

I'll check the rest out! Thankyou!

Vampirehunter007:

@Meg thankyou for taking the time out to reply! Yes you're right I have watched (and loved) both cheese in the trap and moon lovers. 

Born again....I like to pretend that the drama does not exist. It made my blood boil. I have never hated a drama as much as I hated this one.

I'll check the rest out! Thankyou!

No problem.

Okay we might have somewhat different opinion about Born Again as it's one of my favourite dramas ever ;-))) But since you like Cheese in the Trap , Moon Lovers and Kill Me, Heal Me, dramas I very much love too, there might still be a hope you might enjoy some of my suggestions :-)))

Born again just wasn't it for me especially since I was so sure that lee soo hyuk's character would get the girl. I was invested in their story and when midway the plot began to change in favour of Jang ki young's character  I was so disappointed. Also the female lead couldn't act. I thought she was fine in the beginning but as the drama progressed and began demanding more of her, her limitations as an actress became obvious. I had never seen any other drama with her so I was clueless about her.

That being said, my heart twinkle twinkle (who the heck came up with that name?) Sounds like it'll be something I might like. It's It's bit longer than the dramas I have watched though. I might be skipping quite a few scenes

ArniA:

Black    

A Korean Odyssey    

Boys Over Flowers    

I've dropped black because while the mystery was very intriguing, it was a little messed especially towards the last few episodes 

Boys over flowers is....not what I'm looking for. I tend to stay far far away from lee minho's dramas. The heirs was enough for me and I've heard people say that the heirs was basically boys over flowers 2.0.

A korean odyssey isn't my type of drama either. 

I really appreciate you taking out the time to recommend dramas though  :)

Vampirehunter007:

Born again just wasn't it for me especially since I was so sure that lee soo hyuk's character would get the girl. I was invested in their story and when midway the plot began to change in favour of Jang ki young's character  I was so disappointed. Also the female lead couldn't act. I thought she was fine in the beginning but as the drama progressed and began demanding more of her, her limitations as an actress became obvious. I had never seen any other drama with her so I was clueless about her.

That being said, my heart twinkle twinkle (who the heck came up with that name?) Sounds like it'll be something I might like. It's It's bit longer than the dramas I have watched though. I might be skipping quite a few scenes

Well Born Again definitely has its flaws, but I love it anyway, it just hits all the right buttons for me, so to say...  I will not go into details why, because it'll be totally off topic.

People who like   real gray /partially evil  guys in dramas who do get the girl in the end   might find the series interesting, it's so very rare in kdramas... Especially since now that the drama is complete most people can read spoilers anyway and know what they get themselves into. 

I know there are lurkers who might be reading your thread in search for recommendations for themselves :-) I certainly often do wander into other people's threads and tastes may vary...

As for My Heart Twinkle Twinkle don't get me started on that name or the synopsis on MDL, while technically it isn't wrong, it really kind of is.  Mind you as I have said parts of that drama are quite annoying in my opinion. 

@Meg, you are making me reconsider watching it now (my heart twinkle twinkle I mean)

Ugh , why can't there be more shows with male leads like Eugene han? 

I'm still gonna try and give MHTT a try but if it gets too annoying, I'll probably drop it. Most of the dramas I've watched have been thrillers and very fast paced but then again I do like the occasional slower paced drama like My Mister (which in my opinion is a masterpiece)

Like @Meg I loved Born Again too. It very much pass the requisite for a villianish Hero. Somebody else might find it of interest. I absolutely loved the Drama, and though the acting was okay by the FL , but the two male leads, especially Jang Ki Yong, OMG !!  Enough said ;)

I haven't watched money game so I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but here I go:

• Maou
  • Todome no kiss
  • Extracurricular
  • Byakuyakou
  • Cheap Love
  • I'm sorry I love you
  • Que sera sera
 emaureeng:

Behind Your Smile (2016) - Taiwan. The ML seems to be helping the FL, whose mother is an accused embezzler in hiding. The actuality is that he wants to find the mother to get revenge. The problem here is that the daughter is REALLY nice.

Hi! Thankyou for taking the time out to recommend a show, I really appreciate it! 

I have a few bad experiences with Taiwanese dramas and I didn't try any other after that but I guess I can give this one a go. A lot of people seem to say that the lead actress didn't act that well though, what's your opinion? Is her acting really that bad?

Dawnshane:

Like @Meg I loved Born Again too. It very much pass the requisite for a villianish Hero. Somebody else might find it of interest. I absolutely loved the Drama, and though the acting was okay by the FL , but the two male leads, especially Jang Ki Yong, OMG !!  Enough said ;)

I usually like jang ki yong (liked him come and hug me though I did find the show boring after a certain point) but this show just wasn't it for me. I would have loved it if the makers hadn't destroyed the plot the way they did. It wasn't even just about the final pairing, there were just so many plot holes! It was a wasted opportunity. Also the kind of grey character I'm looking for fits lee soo hyuk's character more than jang ki yong's. So to anyone following this thread, if you have seen money game and loved Eugene han, don't watch born again since the prosecutor is the closest to Eugene's character 

fanitha:

I haven't watched money game so I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but here I go:

• Maou
  • Todome no kiss
  • Extracurricular
  • Byakuyakou
  • Cheap Love
  • I'm sorry I love you
  • Que sera sera

Thankyou for your recs!

I haven't yet developed a taste for Jdramas. Maybe I havent found the right ones yet? So I'll check these out but I prefer korean and the occasional Chinese

I did watch a bit of extracurricular (but had to leave it because I was busy at that time) and while it's good show, it doesn't exactly fit the criteria I'm looking for