Hello! After 7 weeks weve made it, Road to Kingdom final!

Now we have 5 comeback songs for the 5 surviving groups:

1. ONF - New World
  2. The Boyz - Checkmate
  3. Pentagon - Basquiat
  4. Verivery - Beautiful X
  5. Oneus - Come Back Home

...as well as a vocal performance from the vocalists of each group. By next week we will know the one or two group/s going to Kingdom!

And then we have the case of the new voting system for the final. International fans can participate in voting and it will be broadcast LIVE for us all to watch!

So now for the questions - what do you think of everything? Feel free to pick apart all 5 songs, which is youre favourite and why? How do you feel about the sudden change of voting? And most importantly... who do you think will take the crown?!

i thought id post my thoughts separately just to keep it less lengthy haha

first the songs, let me start by saying i think they all fit the groups so well - 

ONF - What on earth is this song?! ITS INSANE!! I get anime intro vibes mixed with rock yet it still sounds like an onf song? wow i actually love it, its really like nothing ive ever heard before, i cant wait to see how they perform it

The Boyz - oohhh i love the classy feeling, i get the feeling we'll get another epic performance. The chorus feels a bit like Nu'est Action? The really cool deep voices are really impactful, nice song :)

Pentagon - wow wow again it fits Pentagon so well, they use Hui's voice so well and love the raps too. The chorus is so addictive!

Verivery - were getting retro verivery back again!! I was obsessed with their debut as they really stood out, i cant wait! Verivery really suit this sort of concept, im sure the stage is going to be a great one

Oneus - oooh when the chorus hit i was screaamingg...damn it hits hard! And love the rap bridge, again cant wait for the stage

My opinion on the new voting system...hmmm.... honestly? Im disappointed. Dont get me wrong its nice to have the opportunity to  vote but i feel the system was working perfectly before, to suddenly throw in international fans at the last minute will completely shake up the votes...unfortunately it seems the final will be a popularity competition. Ugh it breaks my heart because groups like ONF and Verivery have a small international fanbase compared to Oneus, The Boyz and Pentagon, the chances of this being as fair is slim. 

As for who's going to win, i really have no idea! Before i wouldve said its between The Boyz, ONF and Pentagon but now with the change in voting it could really be anyone's game. Honestly i dont 100% understand the rules for two groups going through, but i wouldnt be surprised if two groups do end up proceeding to Kingdom. I would be over the moon if ONF made it, The Boyz definitely deserve to go through too, and Pentagon shouldve been in the main Kingdom anyway! 

But at the end of the day, if all 7 groups grow and gain new fans, then this show has all been worth it. Apart from the eliminations they all seemed to have so much fun and have made new friendships, i hope they are recognised more in such a competitive industry, theyve sure done us proud! Well done to them all :)

The songs (after having listened to each of them a couple of times):

ONF - Ehhh...not my cup of tea, but the performance could make me change my opinion. It sounds like a mix of different songs or something??? idk.

The Boyz - My favorite along with Pentagon's. It has this mysterious vibe and it's sooo good from the beginning until the end. I'm dying to see how they'll be styled.

Pentagon - IT SOUNDS SO EPIC! If it looks like it sounds it could be a first place song (what a shame I won't get to see and listen to Jinho slaying those high notes).

Verivery - Totally my style of song!! Verivery have been growing on me as the show progressed so I'm sure it'll be even better than the rest of their performances.

Oneus - This song is AMAZING and different from what Oneus has done so far, very excited for this performance!

Tbh I don't really understand the voting system other than part of the votes will be live (and also from international fans? idk). I'm not voting for anyone because I'll be happy no matter who wins (and I don't have the time or the energy to stream anything lol) but especially on Twitter things are getting out of hand with streaming and fanwars...it's ridiculous.

Catico:
.unfortunately it seems the final will be a popularity competition. Ugh it breaks my heart because groups like ONF and Verivery have a small international fanbase compared to Oneus, The Boyz and Pentagon, the chances of this being as fair is slim. 

Sadly in the end it's always about popularity *sighs*. I don't know how much international votes count though (probably not much??) so it could depend on the Korean fanbase and tbh idk how well any of these groups are doing in Korea, but probably it won't be very different from what you've just said.

Maybe it's because I don't understand how changes in voting could affect the scores lol but I still The Boyz are going to win. At first I though maybe ONF had a chance but if the audience can vote they won't make it UNLESS the two winner groups criteria applies?? As for Pentagon, they've always been almost there but not quite.

Catico:
I would be over the moon if ONF made it, The Boyz definitely deserve to go through too, and Pentagon shouldve been in the main Kingdom anyway! 

Couldn't agree more with you.

Overall this show was so much fun to watch and made me both discover and become interested in groups that I didn't know or I had overlooked before. Each of them has gained a new fan from now onwards :)

Songs are difficult to rank, there are many times when I have to let the song grow on me, like these rankings could change if I listen to the songs more. Plus I think performance could change everything haha...

My rankings based on first listen:

1. checkmate (tbz) - I love how dramatic this song is, like its a story and something is about to happen (just like their mysterious performances). The name too, checkmate?? Like in chess with the king?? Hell yeah.

2. basquiat (ptg) - dramatic too but it felt like it needed something more but the performance/listening to it more will probably change that, I still like it a lot - love how hui yells at the end oml

3. come back home (oneus) - I love the beginning with woong and then the chorus (do you think about me :D), some parts of the song threw me off but again maybe I need more listening - I think it should've had less of that EDM/trap sound?? IDK what to call it.

4. beautiful-x (vv) - don't really like the chorus, but its okay? beat could've been better but much more listening is needed.

5. new world (onf) - its a mix of many different things, some parts are catchy and nice but others not so much, the diff parts just don't blend as well together so its confusing, sorry lol :(( 

I'm looking forward to literally everyone though.

mrspartypoison:
I don't know how much international votes count though (probably not much??) so it could depend on the Korean fanbase and tbh idk how well any of these groups are doing in Korea, but probably it won't be very different from what you've just said.

I agree, I don't think international votes will count that much unless the kfans give the same votes to everyone... or if all the i-fans give it to one group. I heard The Boyz have a really big fanbase in korea so ppl say they're likely to win, but thats just based on what I heard. It just feels likely that they'll win since they're really popular in korea and internationally + performances make them rank high. I'm ofc okay with anyone winning :) They all worked their butts off. Hopefully two groups will win like Catico said!!

Catico:
Pentagon shouldve been in the main Kingdom anyway! 

Yes. Yes. Yes. They're seniors and it just made me sad to see them so desperate to win rtk and get 1st each round. Like y'all should be in Kingdom anyways, they'd get more popularity from it too because of the popular groups joining it. 

And then we have Kingdom too! Ppl are already discussing who might be on there like txt, ateez, sf9, skz etc.. ppl say svt, nct, and monsta x would be too big to join. What do you guys think? Heard any rumors?

mrspartypoison:
Tbh I don't really understand the voting system

yea i cant really get my head around it either, but i think international fans are 30% of the votes? I can imagine things are going insane on twitter, agh fanwars are just the worst :(

mrspartypoison:
it could depend on the Korean fanbase

from what ive heard, The Boyz are easily the most popular in Korea. ONF have gained a lot of attention since RTK(#4 on group brand ranking). I think Pentagon and Oneus are pretty similar in that they are very popular internationally, i havent heard much about VV's popularity though. 

mrspartypoison:
UNLESS the two winner groups criteria applies??

i dont really get this rule? Is it the group with the most votes at the end goes onto Kingdom, and if another group has the highest accumulated votes they go too? ah its so confusing! 

Catico:
i dont really get this rule? Is it the group with the most votes at the end goes onto Kingdom, and if another group has the highest accumulated votes they go too? ah its so confusing!

If I understood correctly when they first explained it (probably not) there could be two winners if in the final episode the group that wins round 4 is different from the one that has the most accumulated points e.g. ONF is 1st as of right now in total accumulated points, if by the end they get first in round 4 and still have the most points only they would participate in Kingdom, but let's say if Pentagon won first place in that round and ONF second (thus having still the largest amount of accumulated votes), both groups would go to Kingdom. I don't really see this happening unless Verivery, Oneus or maybe Pentagon won the final round because the gap in votes between ONF and The Boyz isn't that big.

ncteez:
And then we have Kingdom too! Ppl are already discussing who might be on there like txt, ateez, sf9, skz etc.. ppl say svt, nct, and monsta x would be too big to join. What do you guys think? Heard any rumors?

I've heard rumors about Ateez and hopefully they'll be true because they're one of my favorites! The thing with bigger groups...it would be nice but they're probably too busy or might feel like it's not worth dedicating so much time to a show just for promotion (since they already have a lot of fans). Sadly I don't think NCT will be in it ;_; or any SM artists in general, as they haven't promoted on Mnet for a couple of years now.

ncteez:
Songs are difficult to rank,

agreed, its all down to personal taste too! I notice im the only one who's favourite is ONF's hahah I think the performances will really be the deciding factor

ncteez:
They're seniors and it just made me sad to see them so desperate to win rtk and get 1st each round.

this makes me think they were 'destined' to be in Kingdom, i really wouldn't be surprised if they went though. Like i get this feeling they were put in RTK because they never had a win, but the intention was for them to go through (which would explain the 2 group rule...The Boyz have a huge Korean fanbase, and Pentagon could win on accumulative votes) oops sorry if thats controversial 

ncteez:
Ppl are already discussing who might be on there like txt, ateez, sf9, skz etc.. ppl say svt, nct, and monsta x would be too big to join. What do you guys think? Heard any rumors?

Ooh i cant wait! I dont think any big 3 + bighit groups would be included, idk i just dont think they would participate? However some groups i would put in Kingdom have members in the military....Some i think could be included: Ateez, Monsta X, Nu'est, Stray Kids, Astro, Victon? And then possibly a solo too, Kang Daniel? I havent heard any rumors but i cant wait to find out :D

mrspartypoison:
but let's say if Pentagon won first place in that round and ONF second (thus having still the largest amount of accumulated votes), both groups would go to Kingdom

ooh thanks for the explanation, i was sure two groups would go through but now that sounds less likely!