Wow...it's been 2 months but the day has finally come. I ended up watching yesterday the live episode and I understood enough but I'll have to go back to see some parts (mainly the segments that go before and after the performances) .I don't even know how to structure this so sorry in advance D:

- The main performances: they ended up being what I expected and so my ranking stays the same (minus Sunwoo throwing himself from those stairs, that was totally unexpected and so cool!). They all felt not as immersive? but I guess it's due to not being able to use the stage on its entirety.

- The collab: there I was on the verge of crying and out of nowhere I'm attacked by 5 vocalists singing It's Okay??? sadness x2: RtK ending and being reminded of how much I miss BTOB.

- The winner: yay!!! Tbh the moment Checkmate ended I immediately though theirs was the winning performance. It was so entertaining throughout since second 1, they looked great and that dance break! and the concept! Of course the rest of their performances are equally astonishing and I'm dying to see how they'll outdo themselves in Kingdom.

- The votes: I still think the voting system was kinda messy and yeah it seemed pretty clear that The Boyz were going to win but since ONF didn't make it does it mean that The Boyz have both the most accumulated points and also won the last round...? or what. I'd just like to see like an actual ranking and some percentages or something (not that Mnet is in need right now of some transparency lol)

Anyways, I had so much fun both watching and commenting RtKand hopefully I'll get to read you all when Kingdom airs! Some final questions:

- Which were your favorite moments of the show?

- And your favorite performances?

- Are you hoping for any changes to be made in Kingdom?

I especially loved seeing the groups interacting and ONF's reactions. My favorite performances were (in no particular order):

- Lit (Oneus)

- Heroine (Oneus x The Boyz)

- Shine + Spring Snow (Pentagon)

- It's Raining (ONF)

- Checkmate/Reveal/Danger sos I can't choose one(The Boyz)

I know that this program happened under special circumstances aka a worldwide pandemic but hopefully the voting system will be less confusing. I'm also aware of this most likely not happening but could they distribute screen time a bit more equally?? not showing always the same 5 people all the time??? I get that these 5 people make good TV but it's not that hard showing others from time to time.

editing this to say that while I'm super excited for Kingdom, if it's true that it will happen in august (that's what I've read online, I'm not sure though) it'll be too soon!!! The Boyz need to rest and recover from the injuries!! It was a very demanding show for everyone and K-con is coming soon too so like ???? and of course the rest of the groups that participate might have just had a comeback, participated in K-con and then boom 3 months straight of program etc etc

ahh i cant believe its the end :(( its been a fun journey, i watched the live too but im going back to watch it with subs to get all emotional haha

some of my thoughts on the final performances:

-Oneus - really liked the concept, all of them killed the dancing too! The graphics during the bridge were so gorgeous ahh

-Verivery - brave to go for a lighter concept, though tbh Verivery are most suited of all the groups to it, it made my heart melt! SO CUTE, i got the same vibes i felt from Lovleyz Cameo in Queendom

-Pentagon - woowww they totally owned the concept, their agressive dancing and the rap parts really stood out to me

-ONF - oh no here comes my bias head again (i apologies haha) IM OBSESSED, this song is sort of a love it or hate it, i just love it soooo much, and the performance was amazing too! ONF actually have a storyline in their mv's about human androids, so they continued it through this performance (hence the metallic outfits and robot dance stuff). It was my favourite stage, I feel this song really showed their vocals and dance off perfectly, Hyojin's high note had me screaming omg

-The Boyz - our worthy winners! The Boyz really utilize the camera angles so well, the way they used the stage and dancers was GENIUS. That part when the stage became a box was soo cool, the changing tables, the sword fight...wowow i have no idea how theyre going to top these stages

mrspartypoison:
but I guess it's due to not being able to use the stage on its entirety.

exactly what i noticed, when the camera zoomed out there was just....empty space. While having a bigger stage was cool i think it was TOO big to the point where they looked small. A stage more like the one in Queendom wouldve probably been better

mrspartypoison:
The collab: there I was on the verge of crying

awww it was emotional! So nice to see the 5 groups come together despite the fanwars going on, hopefully people take notice and stop fighting!

mrspartypoison:
it seemed pretty clear that The Boyz were going to win but since ONF didn't make it does it mean that The Boyz have both the most accumulated points and also won the last round...?

yes im pretty sure The Boyz got both wins, and well deserved! It wouldve been nice to have ONF move on with them (imagine them both supporting each other as the rookie groups!) but The Boyz's performances were all on another level, i cant wait to see what else they'll bring

mrspartypoison:
- Which were your favorite moments of the show?

where to start!

favourite moments- Golden Child and ONF's reactions (Jangjun was gone too soon), ONF X Pentagon friendship, TOO X VV friendship, everyone's reactions to The Boyz Danger stage (hahah they were all going insane!)

favourite performances- ONF We Must Love + Its Raining, Oneus Lit, The Boyz Danger and Reveal, TOO Rising Sun, Pentagon Shine + Spring Snow, Oneus X The Boyz Herione (looks like weve got quite similar ones)

changes- yep the voting system wasnt the clearest, and better screentime would be great (Oneus were let down :( ). I might be asking too much but i really felt the absence of a live audience, they probably wont be able to get one still because of the pandemic but it just gave the performances more energy (in my opinion!). and maybe a better stage design, not one that is tooo big 

Kingdom in August?! Woah thats a lot sooner than i expected, like you said i hope The Boyz rest, theyve done so well, they really deserve a break. RTK has been awesome, even though it wasnt the easiest to watch at times we got some amazing stages and all groups put in so much effort. I cant wait for Kingdom and hopefully we can continue our intense discussions soon, its been fun :)

Favorite moments:
- leedo tryna communicate with the kid cause he took pre-school education uwu
- leader presenting yaja time to his golcha kids: "sure dongheon! (informal)" "it hasn't started yet, calm down" and them scolding leader for being harsh then appreciating him
- host sangkyu awkwardly questioning other groups about the performances and getting awk responses lol
- pentagon surprising hui aw: hui - "I told you not to make any surprises" (the caption - his smile means 'I have been waiting for this') LOLLL
- onf talking about how the boyz and pentagon have many views on their videos and they don't have as much aw and then: "I watched my fancam a few times haha" wyatt - "instead of watching that you should be watching our full version"
- when the host told the boyz to ask viewers to vote number 3 and new prepared something but messed it up in the end and they started beating him up LOLL sunwoo "we'll see you back at the dorm"

mrspartypoison:
The collab: there I was on the verge of crying and out of nowhere I'm attacked by 5 vocalists

- YESS singing performance at the end for the fans awh my heart was beating fast <3

Performances:
1. come back home
2. basquiat/checkmate
3. beautiful-x/new world

come back home (oneus) - oneus did sooo good, their best performance and I love the storyline (the kid crying at the end and then they disappear awh) I'm really proud of them with this one!! so many cool moments like the dance break near the end, I'm LOVING the song too (the 4 step vocals from seoho)! I wish they were the second team that made it because of final poll voting!

basquiat (ptg) - powerfulllll !! my fav moment was when hui did the high note near the end, it just hit me you know? LOVING the song (chorus stuck in my head) and I think this is one of their best performances other than shine! I could feel the desperation and it almost made me cry re-watching it. Also wish this group could've moved on to kingdom with final poll voting.

checkmate (tbz) - so many cool stunts as always (sunwoo falling, them playing chess at the beginning ooh, juyeon and hyunjae's string fight in the box, throwing the king piece at the end), I don't believe this was their best (cause they already gave realllly good performances before) maybe cause they were trying to do too much?  but it was still REALLY good and I really like this song + I just think ptg and oneus did better after re-watching the finale

beautiful-x (vv)
- nice refreshing concept! didn't blow me away like their aladdin one but the concept did remind me a bit of svt's mansae without the girl lol and most choreo parts looked REALLY powerful! it seemed messy at times tho --- re-watching it made me love it way more.

new world (onf) - DEFINITELY made me like the song better cause I didn't like the song at all at first! not their best best (again theyve given really great performances before) but I like some moments? re-watching it and it just didn't click with me as much as the other final performances which is a pity because onf gave really good ones before (its raining, everybody, we must love)

After re-watching the finale performances a few days later:

1. Come Back Home/Basquiat (the songs themselves are unforgettable and bring out emotions)
  2. Checkmate
  3. Beautiful-x
  4. New World

mrspartypoison:

Answering mrspartypoison....

Favourite Moments:

Catico:
Golden Child and ONF's reactions (Jangjun was gone too soon), ONF X Pentagon friendship,

Literally most of what Catico said, I agree!!!

Overall Performances:

• ONF: It's Raining/We Must Love
  • The Boyz: Danger/Reveal
  • VeriVery: Gogobebe (rewatched this and loved it even more ugh)
  • TOO: Rising Sun/Hard Carry
  • ONEUS: Come Back Home 
  • Pentagon: Shine/Basquiat
  • Golcha: Wannabe

Changes:

The elimination part :( and what Catico said about better stage design!! Totally agree.

Final thoughts:
ngl I'm happy the boyz won, they really deserve it imo! wish another team could advance (onf, oneus, ptg) but its okay... Sunwoo (my bias lol) said something beautiful at the end and it warmed my heart:

"the rankings don't determine our values, we truly become valuable when we perform for those we love so I want the 7 teams to continue loving those who love us and advance into the new world together (my dude almost cries again haha)"

AND I love how the hosts/mnet let onf (and other groups) talk in the end too since they were 2nd! usually 2nd placed ppl are brushed to the side... love this show, contestants, hosts, and I just wanna say MNET ain't as bad because if it weren't for them and all the workers/staff this beautiful show wouldn't exist!! Gonna patiently wait for Kingdom now - heard it starts late August to late October! (ugh during school time).

Sorry for the long post! I tried to organize it. And I'm thankful for these fun convos here guys, lets be friends and talk again when Kingdom airs~ <3

Catico:
ONF actually have a storyline in their mv's about human androids

Really? guess I'll have to go back and rewatch their MVs because I hadn't noticed!

Catico:
better screentime would be great (Oneus were let down :( )

Glad to know we were thinking about the same group lol, but even within some of them if I hadn't looked them up I wouldn't know part of the members because they had 0 screen time.

Catico:
i really felt the absence of a live audience

Ugh yes, I didn't think of it as much in eps 1-7 maybe because of the editing but ep 8 felt so awkward at times and having a live audience would've made the whole experience more exciting (just imagine Sangyeon lifting the trophy with a roaring crowd in the background lol). I guess it's true that you never know what you have until you have until you lose it.

Catico:
Kingdom in August?! Woah thats a lot sooner than i expected

It kinda makes sense not wanting to leave much time in between to keep the hype going 

ncteez:
I'm really proud of them with this one!!

It was the grand finale I was waiting for! Oneus is such a talented group and they definitely showed their full potential for this last performance.

ncteez:
"the rankings don't determine our values, we truly become valuable when we perform for those we love so I want the 7 teams to continue loving those who love us and advance into the new world together (my dude almost cries again haha)"

*almost crying in Spanish*