Yaaaay!  3 million reservations!

Kokuto:

I don't know where that brown pic on the right, with the date is from.  It looks look like Douban or Mayoran, but I don't know for sure.  I don't know why they are keeping it such a big secret.  smh

Okay, Douban has the premiere date as 8/23 ... so tonite.

Sifang Pavilion (Douban) 

It exceeded 3 million reservations about an hour ago!

Argh! But iQiYi still says nothing on my end!

Apparently it's 37 episodes... wonder what the broadcast schedule is like.

liddi:

It exceeded 3 million reservations about an hour ago!

Argh! But iQiYi still says nothing on my end!

Apparently it's 37 episodes... wonder what the broadcast schedule is like.

Weirdly, the international iQiyi says 38 episodes.

But yes, nothing about an air date.

Kokuto:

Weirdly, the international iQiyi says 38 episodes.

But yes, nothing about an air date.

IQiYi has finally confirmed airing date as 23 Aug. Yay!

6 episodes today, followed by 2 episodes daily. 

liddi:

IQiYi has finally confirmed airing date as 23 Aug. Yay!

6 episodes today, followed by 2 episodes daily. 

YES!!!!

But SIX episodes.  OUCH.  Who needs sleep, am I right?  lol

I'll post the airing schedule on the first page of this topic, for reference.

Truly enjoyable 6 episodes - the comedic elements is just right without being over the top, and I love the chemistry of the ensemble performances from the Yu Deshui down to Wang Kunwu, Yuchi Hua, A Shu, the East and West factions of Sifang Pavilion, and of course Yuan Mo. The cases are fast paced but interesting and fun, and beautifully balances between serious and lightheartedness. TJC nails it as Yuan Mo, whom we are slowly getting to see, is far more than what he lets on, and I particularly love his relationship with mentor Yu Deshui, who, by the end of Ep6, has strong-armed him into working at Sifang Pavilion, something he balks at because of its ties to his own past.

Am very glad to see that Yuan Mo was not a pushover especially after what A Shu did. It is only a matter of time before the relationship mends, but for now, it is so good to see that he did not let things slide, even if he is normally an easy-going fellow.

In short, a great easy watch in this first 6 episodes filled with laughter and I look forward to more. Definitely what the doctor ordered after all!

liddi:
In short, a great easy watch in this first 6 episodes filled with laughter and I look forward to more. Definitely what the doctor ordered after all!

I have to agree with most of your points, but especially this last line.  I'm really enjoying it.  It's plot driven, but it's not an intricate or dense plot, and there's some great characterization and interactions between everyone.

Yes, it's funny, but with episode six, you can see there's the emotional depth we've come to expect from a Tan Jian Ci role. 

More later.  Six episodes took a lot of sitting.  lol

Wow u all managed to finish 6 episodes last night? I finished 3 and going to watch the rest today. 

Yes im glad YM is more than how the initial trailers showed him to be. I was a little hesitant before watching because it looked so slapstick. Turns out, it wasn't. I did see some FFB when YM leaned over to whisper into ASs ear. And when the waiter asked for payment, i was worried he couldnt pay again.. Lol..

By the way, how do u quote parts of a long post here? It does not allow me.

joas:
By the way, how do u quote parts of a long post here? It does not allow me.

Highlight the part you want to quote.  A pop up tab that says QUOTE should appear on the top left of the highlighted text.  Click on that and it should copy the highlighted part into the reply box.  If the QUOTE tab doesn't appear, right click on the highlighted text and it should appear.

And no, sadly, MDL doesn't let us quote much with the bottom Quote button.

joas:
Wow u all managed to finish 6 episodes last night? I finished 3 and going to watch the rest today.

O_O

I paid for it, though.  I was dragging, even after sleeping late today.  But I enjoyed it while I was watching.  lol

joas:
Yes im glad YM is more than how the initial trailers showed him to be. I was a little hesitant before watching because it looked so slapstick. Turns out, it wasn't. I did see some FFB when YM leaned over to whisper into ASs ear. And when the waiter asked for payment, i was worried he couldnt pay again.. Lol..

He's poor!!!  LOL!  I definitely see some FFB in Yuan Mo.  And when he takes Wang Kun Wu to the brothel!  We just can't let go.

Yes, there were a few scenes that toppled into slapstick, but the actual episodes are more well rounded -- though still funny.  And episode 6 shows, there's going to be more depth to the characters.  I'm really enjoying it.

Using Google Translate, and from the official weibo, I think iQiYi doing a livestream today at 18:30.  Tan Jian Ci, Zhou Yi Ran, and Du Chun.  

https://live.iqiyi.com/s/9xq7135i6fOvhpvazass.html

Kokuto:

O_O

I paid for it, though.  I was dragging, even after sleeping late today.  But I enjoyed it while I was watching.  lol

He's poor!!!  LOL!  I definitely see some FFB in Yuan Mo.  And when he takes Wang Kun Wu to the brothel!  We just can't let go.

Yes, there were a few scenes that toppled into slapstick, but the actual episodes are more well rounded -- though still funny.  And episode 6 shows, there's going to be more depth to the characters.  I'm really enjoying it.

Oh yes yes the brothel too. Hahahha 

Arghhh! Why does it end with the intriguing clue in Ep8? I need Ep9 pronto!

The narrative continues to delight - fast paced, fun with the right amount of humour and intrigue. Love love love the chemistry between the characters. Wang Kunwu is proving to be an utter softie behind that gruff exterior after all. Yuchi Hua is just as sweet with her thinking outside the box to allow Yuan Mo and A Shu to meet. There is no trace of Xiang Liu or Fangfeng Bei to distract me from Yuan Mo - which is as it should be. The latest case is fascinating, with clearly something going on between Mu Yikuan and Hong Ye, the former being far more than he appears. What I really enjoy about the cases thus far is that it is not overly heavy nor overly complicated, and yet there is a lesson that is relayed, and sometimes a sense of regret when it is solved, particularly the fate of Asst. Minister Tan Lin.

Yuan Mo is proving to be a softie through and through - his monologue with the white snake had me chuckling even if it annoys me that he allows A Shu to get away with what she did so easily. We have the romantic reunion and the tender care afterwards, but it's so good to see them back to their bickering selves again over that all-important thing called money! 

I sound like a broken record but once again... am so happy with the drama so far. Ep9 please! 

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!!