Security & Privacy - Who Can Message You ?

This discussion has been closed.

Lately, I've observed a surge in instances where individuals are receiving hurtful or offensive messages from either automated bots or real users, often stemming from disagreements or controversies.

So I would like to suggest to extend the privacy option to messages as well on similar lines as the below image.

Feel free to extend the discussion to add more points, I'll join you all tomorrow 

33votes

Also profile feed posts. Like, who can post to your profile (to go along with the currently present "who can see your feeds posts on your profile.").

Bullying cannot be expected to stay restricted to the comment pages or end with blocking/banning. Not in such an age when creating new emails and proxy email addresses are so easy.

Agreed, there should be some account age restriction as well.

And upon blocking the user that message thread should be locked and the both users shouldn't be allowed to send a new messages

Having more controle over your profile's visibility and voer who can send you messages etc is also important for (younger) users, who might not be confident enough to report or block individuals, who bother them. Restricting access to your profile and messages could be used as a "soft block".

xxmai locked this Oct 19, 2023 09:22 pm