profile achievement badge

This discussion has been closed.

So ... so far we agree that we need separate badge types for countries and categories, right? I also read that you want them look cute like Viki's ones, correct? I think we could use the colours and shape to separate the categories and symbols/animals for the countries (when needed). For example: 

• Category related to social aspect of the website (such as years on the website, friends, visiting in a row, articles written on the home feed, edits made, number of comments,  number of completed challanges). -  round , website blue colour. Maybe this one needs some sub categories (just different shade of blue) 
  • Category for dramas (completed episodes etc) - square, purple colour (?) + country flag (and maybe animal to make it look cute. I thought of national ones like a panda or a dragon for China, Siberian tiger for Korea, elephant for Thailand, green pheasant for Japan ect)
  • Category for movies -rhombus, red colour (o maybe green? Idk) + country flag (and animal?) 
  • Category for specials  -  Do we need one? XD
  • Category for favourite actors and actresses maybe? It can be simply their profile pic on the website with number of titles watched with them.  We need the website statistic for this ones tho. 
  • Country badges - different level of animals (just for fun) like if you watch little Chinese dramas and movies, you get a little baby panda , but if you completed xx+ titles you get the warrior panda , emperor panda for xxx+ titles and similar for other animals like baby pheasant, ninja pheasant (?) LMAO This one as well would require website statistics (similar to the end of the year ones). 

The most important ones can be shown next to "verified" and "star" badges maybe? For example the one with years on the website and total of x hours of watch. Idk. Let me guys know what you think so I can make some examples  and then we can discuss together how they can be improved etc. I'm totally open for your ideas, suggestions and criticism!  

Voting for this and pushing the thread so more people see it hopefully. I like the idea and emmagucci's concept. Vote for pandas. xD

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff

@emmagucci's idea is great! I want all those cute badges like right now. <3

Yuanwei:

@emmagucci's idea is great! I want all those cute badges like right now. <3

Even if they are not official I would put those badges in my profile. ^.^

moonchild:

Even if they are not official I would put those badges in my profile. ^.^

Oh well. I guess I'll just try to do them then! 

Thanks everyone who replied! 

emmagucci:

Oh well. I guess I'll just try to do them then! 

Thanks everyone who replied! 

YAY! *goal achieved* :D

I love the idea of badges. so you have all 3 of my votes (:

here are some of my ideas:
What about badges for the amount of drama/films you have watched for one genre Example: completed- 50 dramas of the Horror genre-you will get a horror junkie badge and for 100+Completed horror you will get a Scream Queen/king badge
 Each Genre badge will correspond to that genre  

Badges for the amount of dramas you have completed & Number of days spent

Actor badges For the amount of Movies and/or dramas completed that a particular actor/actress. example 15+ of the actors drama/ movies seen you will get an number 1 (actor/Actress name here) fan Badge

BabyNandos :

I love the idea of badges. so you have all 3 of my votes (:

here are some of my ideas:
What about badges for the amount of drama/films you have watched for one genre Example: completed- 50 dramas of the Horror genre-you will get a horror junkie badge and for 100+Completed horror you will get a Scream Queen/king badge
 Each Genre badge will correspond to that genre  

Badges for the amount of dramas you have completed & Number of days spent

Actor badges For the amount of Movies and/or dramas completed that a particular actor/actress. example 15+ of the actors drama/ movies seen you will get an number 1 (actor/Actress name here) fan Badge

So many good ideas!!! 

I love the idea of badges!!

It's kind of like some forums do where once you make a certain amount of posts you get another star and a new rank name (examples 1 post - new fan, 100 - part-time fan, 500 - dedicated fan, 1k - loyal fan, extreme fan, passionate fan, idol fan, supreme fan, elite fan, legendary fan  etc.) Except it'd be based on how many dramas you watch and what countries the dramas are from and the numbers to make the badge goals would be way smaller.

On a personal note, I think badges would also help me be more motivated to watch more because I love collecting badges!!

Voted, love badges! 

Where we can see our badges? I think I received one and then they revoke.

Xiao tuzi:

We can only be patient because they’re still working on this feature, I’m not sure if the badges are designed.

Xiao tuzi:

Go to your profile link and then add     /badges      to the url code. Your badges should appear there.

Chun Mo Rionnag:

Go to your profile link and then add     /badges      to the url code. Your badges should appear there.

It appears a week later. Thank you ?

kanade:
if you collect enough badges will you qualify for a region's Pokémon League?

bahahha that's what I thought