profile achievement badge

This discussion has been closed.

Ji-N:

It's actually on our to-do list

yeah!! *-*

make them cute like the ones on Viki:

Feels free to throw us ideas on what kind of badges to add. That would help us with the development speed.

There's a club on Myanimelist, Graph. They have a code on github:

https://github.com/anime-plus/graph/blob/master/achievements.md

Those are the achievements based on the drama completed, genre wise & overall.

Ji-N:

Feels free to throw us ideas on what kind of badges to add. That would help us with the development speed.

You could make a MDL competition. A person who makes the most voted and unique badges for MDL gets the credits and a reward. That would be cool and fun.

Not everybody knows how to do that. 

Ceki:

You could make a MDL competition. A person who makes the most voted and unique badges for MDL gets the credits and a reward. That would be cool and fun. 

We just need ideas for badges. e.g. Completed profile, 100 added dramas. first reviews, etc.

I don't know if someone is working on this but here a few ideas, hope it will help:

type of badge --> WELCOME BADGE 

• added your first title
  • make your first post 
  • added your first friend
  • complete your profile 
  • make your first review 

type of badge --> COMPLETATION

• number of titles completed  
  • number of titles dropped

type of badge ---> CONTRIBUTORS 

• number of edits
  • number of reviews
  • number of trailers added 

type of badge----> FRIENDLY

• number of posts
  • number of comments
  • number of topics 

The numbers can be divided like this: 

• 50   newbie
  • 100 apprentice
  • 1000  over achiever 

This is just a general example. 

Poia:

I don't know if someone is working on this but here a few ideas, hope it will help:

type of badge --> WELCOME BADGE 

• added your first title
  • make your first post 
  • added your first friend
  • complete your profile 
  • make your first review 

type of badge --> COMPLETATION

• number of titles completed  
  • number of titles dropped

type of badge ---> CONTRIBUTORS 

• number of edits
  • number of reviews
  • number of trailers added 

type of badge----> FRIENDLY

• number of posts
  • number of comments
  • number of topics 

The numbers can be divided like this: 

• 50   newbie
  • 100 apprentice
  • 1000  over achiever 

This is just a general example. 

So nice that you put all this together!   

Under the Welcome one,   by Add first title, you mean add a new title to MDL database?    That might be aggressive.     I think filling in their currently watching list and their plan to watch list to some required number..  is a process that takes awhile and needs to be encouraged right off the bat.    

For the badge when u have the Completed list - it should also include giving a rating.    That helps people better give new people recommendations (as everyone knows!) 

Yup! we need more people invole in this for brainstorming. 

For the WELCOME badge the adding titles is only for the lists, add your first title in one of your list. 

adding titles to the site is considered an “edits” so it’s under Contributors badge. 

Each type of badge can have a different basic color to use to develop all the sub-category badge.

For example the welcome category can have the green color as a basic, every badge related will have green in it. 

I will update my list with other ideas other user will post here. We also need to came up with names for the numbers. If possibile using words that came from dramaland. 

I'm a huge fan of badges (having goals to complete) so I would really love to see this added at some point. I would even go as far as suggesting a small team of official volunteers who can focus on brainstorming, graphic design and perhaps even programming just so the workload can be distributed, finalized and pushed to the site. I shamelessly volunteer to be on the brainstorming side of things if the admins are on board with this idea.

In addition to the great suggestions in this thread I would like to add:

- years you have been registered on the site (a different badge for every year with the number)
- completed movies and/or dramas that a particular actor/actress appeared in (5, 10, 25)
- completed dramas that are rated below a particular threshold at the time of completion, say, 6.5 or 7.0 (1, 5, 25, 50, 100 etc)
- completing user made or official site watch challenges (a different one for each)
- total time watched (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year)
- total episodes completed (25, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 1500 etc)
- every genre and country should have its own set
- completed dramas and movies that aired in specific decades (1950-1959, 2000-2009)
- completed remakes and sequels
- completed multiple dramas or movies with specific tags (this depends on tags being accurate of course)
- for "friendly" include amount of friends accepted
- lurker: be registered on the site for at least 6 months (or 1 year) without ever making a single post on your feed, the forum, no reviews etc (their sole purpose here is to watch and rate dramas)
- helpful: 5, 15, 25 people found your review helpful
- visited MDL 7 days in a row (expand to 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year)
- some of Hessa's watch challenge options if she is fine with it
- meta badge of completing a certain percentage of badges (25, 50, 75, 100)
- separate total completed movies, shows, specials, variety into their own categories

awesome, we need more of these

Ji-N:
I was planning to work on this feature but not sure when. If this get enough of votes it will bump the priority higher.

I think it's a cool idea. Let me know if you need help creating the icons of the badges (with graphic programs like photoshop). 

emmagucci:

I think it's a cool idea. Let me know if you need help creating the icons of the badges (with graphic programs like photoshop). 

We definitely do need help!

I can second a volunteer if we're working in photoshop~

On the brainstorming side, badges per genre (Completed X Action Titles) would be cool. I also second completion by year (I find quality dramas seem to come in waves, like there were a lot of hit dramas in 2016, then 2018, so it would be a way to mark the balance of when you're viewing from). On the other side of that coin, there could also be badges for completing a certain amount of badges in a certain amount of time; per week, month or year. I don't know if this is complicated, but these could stack (just adding a little x2 to the badge for example) when you repeat the achievement.