Hessa Volunteer Staff
I noticed that when there is more than one airing version/formats of the show, people get confused because of the number of episodes.

Let's take Queen of the Ring for example, those would be the 2 versions/formats
Online version TV version
Type: Drama
Episodes: 20
Aired: Mar 6, 2017 to Mar 23, 2017
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday
Network: Naver TV Cast
Duration: 10 min.
Type: Drama
Episodes: 6
Aired: Mar 9, 2017 to Mar 23, 2017
Aired On: Thursday
Network: MBC
Duration: 30 min.

I wish we had something like this:
pKcJTFw.png
OyJyIbm.png

This way users know there are different airing version/format and they can add them to the list as such. It could also help in case of a Director's cut. e.g. Diamond Lover and Diamond Lover (Special Cut)
182votes
I like this idea it's also make it easier to find things.
that would be very helpful. 
it would clear the confusion many have when it comes to dramas that simultaneously air on tv and online.

unrelated but is it necessary have pages dedicated to compilation episodes of dramas like goblin special: every moment of it shined or bts specials like strong woman do bong soon special?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
@Fay
For the specials, I actually suggested this before: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/277...
OMG Moon Lovers Come to my mind...
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@Juniko
OMG! Yes, totally forgot about that. Maybe we can have a option for both, if you watched both of them.
My biggest worry is that it'd become too complicated. People already have trouble with simple things, throw in different versions and it may be too much for some people to understand. 
Hessa Volunteer Staff

I think the user would only have to choose the version when adding it their list, so it would not be complicated. We could explain it in an FAQ thread or something. Personally, I think the relations are more complicated than this.

Moreover, if you think it would be hard to edit, we could keep it for staff to add, and users just choose the version to add to their list.

We would need:

• TV Version
  • Online/Web Version
  • DVD Version
  • Different Cut/Director's Cut
  • International Version
I definitely think this is a good idea. I suggested this ages ago too. 

http://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/174...

It can be annoying & hard to track when watching something that has 2 different episode count.Seems to be the case with a lot of Dramas lately; especially web Dramas.
Hessa Volunteer Staff

@Pantheria

Oh, I did not see yours. Maybe the forum mods should merge it.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
Bump!!
Cause we have the same problem with Wednesday 3:30 p.m..
It might be helpful to update "Wednesday 3:30 p.m." by listing the network as Oksuku platform.

Most MDL viewers are not going to watch this show via the Oksuku platform because it is purely a South Korean platform and most MDLers do not speak or write Korean and require English subtitles.  The format which the English subbers used for their subbing was the SBS Plus version of 10 episodes at 30 minutes, thus, this is the platform version that most MDLers are currently watching.

Although a majority of MDLers are pretty savvy about how to obtain data on their dramas, not all of them have the time to do the actual research.  This is why they use MDL in the first place:  quick access to, for the majority, accurate drama data, and a way to organize that data to help fine tune and simplifying watching your dramas.  Reviewing, commenting, forums, articles are the icing on the cake.

I, for one, was confused about the episode numbers along with those in the comments section.  [I take particular care to watch shows that have finished airing and are already completely subbed, call me OCD, because I hate unfinished things and have been burned by lack of subs way too often.] Since there was confusion, I went to the locations I go to first to verify data, namely, wiki.d-addicts and the wikipedia page in that shows/movies respective native language.  For this show, that would be:  Drama-Wiki link AND Korean Wikipedia link.  I also checked the Official Site for this drama, and it currently only list the data for SBS Plus.  Looking at this as my source, I only see the data for the SBS Plus airing with no indication that it also aired on another platform.  After my data update request was denied by Hessa and this suggestion post was linked to me in a PM, did I look at the ENGLISH version of the wikipedia page for this drama and release there was another version that aired.  My savvy-ness was to OP that I didn't catch it.

Again, it might, for the time being, clear matters up if the network portion of "Wednesday 3:30 p.m." drama page is updated to say "Oksuku" platform so people aren't confused that the data is for SBS Plus.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
That is why this would help.
If I add "SBS Plus", I'll keep getting submissions for the "Oksuku" info.
If I add "Oksuku", I'll keep getting submissions for the "SBS Plus" info.

It is a never ending cycle. 
Well I added my votes for it.  Needless to say, not going with this suggestion makes a few entries confusing...and poor Hessa has to deal with the revolving door.

I would enjoy this. Especially with all of my Chinese and Taiwanese dramas. The versions I watch almost always have a different episode count than what is on MDL. So it's hard to track progress.