MyDramaList Phone App

This discussion has been closed.

This is something that years now members ask..I opened this thread again today by replying to this post because we really do need an app. Many of us watch dramas via tablets or phones and it would be really nice to just have an app for our lists..  Is the problem financial or something? 
The main problem is simply one of time and finances. J-IN (the other admin who's in charge of MDL from a technical standpoint) has a full time job that takes up most of his time and so he's only able to work on MDL in the evenings/weekends. Once the site starts bringing in enough money to support him full time, we can get a lot of new features (like the very, very needed mobile app) a LOT quicker. 
If its financial why dont we fund this? Open a donation option just for app! i'm here since 2012 and almost online everyday! I know people that are here since 2012 also and spent so much time in here. Our community is like a big family. We will gladly support you people. we spent so much money on stupid things i think we can donate 5$ for something we use everyday. :)
That's a great idea. We may try something of that nature in the near future!
Generally, i've been proud of the fact that we've grown MDL so much without asking for a single dime from our users, but the fact is that if we can all come together to financially support MDL (and thus have J-In working on MDL full time), we can make it so much better, so much faster. 
I think opening donations would be amazing. I'm sure there are many fans out there who would be able to spare a couple of dollars, including me, to make this site move forward. I am also sure that there might be people who would voluntarily help in terms of technical support. 

Who knows, maybe in the future this site might become as popular as MAL and start hiring people. ^^
@Ceki91,
That'd be our dream come true :) 
I would love to donate too!
I agree, i would love to support MDL in any way I could! 
How about a mydramalist fan create an open source app, to help make this happen?
I am a programmer if you wish I could look into app making and see if I can come up with some stuff, cannot promise it will be soon. It is a huge amount of effort etc.
This is awesome! I don't have programmer's skills but I'd gladly donate money. I'm sure many would want to help with their talents or money ;))
It's okay if you can't provide us the app, 'cos I understand that it takes time. You can just make the website a bit responsive for all gadgets, like when we access MDL form our browsers, the whole screen will appear as it should be in a mobile. When it fits the mobile screen, it's just like having an MDL app, it's just that we access it in our browsers through the same domain or it can be a mobile version (ex. m.mydramalist.com)
We're working on both creating a responsive version as well as a mobile app. The app will take a little bit longer of course.