Pijush:

Yeah, I need Indian content on MDL.

Seen so many bollywood movies, would love to share them

I'm  an Indian and I'm against it. It'd be a pointless decision. A minimum of 1000 films are produced every year and the total count might have crossed a lakh by now. There are tens of languages, hundreds of shows, thousands of serials and countless actors n actresses. So adding only Hindi is just a drop in the Ocean.  

One day, a few years ago, I realized that there were no movies out of Hollywood that I wanted to see, so I wondered what movies were being made in the rest of the world.   Following some research, I decided to try a movie titled "Barfi."  I fell madly in love with it.  I probably watched it six times, in spite of a scene that was too much 'plagiarism' rather than 'homage.'  That started me down the road to watching over a hundred films from Bollywood, and some from surrounding regions as well.  I finally came to the conclusion that Barfi was pretty much a one-off.  With the exception of a few films by Aamir Khan, there is not much quality coming out of India.  There were only a few that would have gotten a '7.0' from me.  Shah Rukh Khan is probably the richest actor in the world, but I have yet to see anything from him that did not leave me wanting to grab him by the ear and suggest a number of changes.  Perhaps he should bring in some Korean film-makers for consultation on future projects.

Of course, there are few movies of high quality coming out of the rest of Asia either, with the exception of Korea, which I consider to be the world's current standard.  A rare gem comes out of Japan, but I wish that they could find the next Akira Kurosawa.

THE ASIAN WORLD LOVER:

We need India added to mydramalist immediately, Bollywood movies are amazing and entertaining then American films, their are so many Bollywood films that alot of the people on here don't know about and are missing out like crazy, please add India, so the mydramalist community can get to know Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif, and many more out there!

I totally agree with this. In a forum dedicated for asian shows missing out Indian content is such a loss. And come on Indian population(ahem, Indian viewers population) is no joke!

Also not only bollywood, there are lots of amazing shows/movies in various other Indian regional languages too.

I think we should stress that MDL is not dedicated to Asian dramas as a whole currently, but specifically to East Asian dramas (South Korea, Japan, China, Philipines, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand).

If India is added this is most likely going to cause a domino effect for other Asian countries to be added, no matter how different the culture from what is currently popular on here. I don't think that this would be ideal.

bamboo:

I think we should stress that MDL is not dedicated to Asian dramas as a whole currently, but specifically to East Asian dramas (South Korea, Japan, China, Philipines, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand).

If India is added this is most likely going to cause a domino effect for other Asian countries to be added, no matter how different the culture from what is currently popular on here. I don't think that this would be ideal.

Till date I have always thought that MDL is focused on Asian dramas. I suppose it is also because that is what they have stated in both their FAQ and About Us pages. 

I have not read East Asian written specifically there. 

Perhaps  that is why such an expectation of adding India into the database ever came to be. ^^ 

I read in one of the threads (that I cannot recall), but in essence, they want to make sure they have as complete of a database for the countries they have now before adding another. I can also imagine they would want to make sure if they add another country, that the support from the community and the ability to add to its database would be strong as well.

If the current databases get to a point where MDL wants to add another, I would vote for other East or SE Asian countries to be added first. Countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, or Singapore over South and West Asian countries like India, Turkey, or Israel.

I do think India has an advantage in that there is a large number of Indians who can understand English making it easier to participate on the website and add information.

THE ASIAN WORLD LOVER:

Yea, alot of Asian best films were made from the 40s to 90s.

For me the best Bollywoodfilms are 2000s

DramaHeroine:

I'm out of votes right now, but I 100% agree with this. There are some super fun Indian movies out there that I would love to be able to add to my watch lists and give reviews for, etc.

Edit: I guess there's disagreement on whether Indian media should be added immediately or not, so I'll just add to my comment that I don't mind waiting awhile for Indian media to be added. I would just like to see it added to the site.

I totally agree.

one last thing I want to add:

Looking at it from a different angle, India could also attract many new users. 

I became aware of this website through Thai drama. Korea drama came much later. And i only get to know Thai drama because of Bollywood-Thai drama youtube mix videos.

So you see my point.

Soju:
Till date I have always thought that MDL is focused on Asian dramas. I suppose it is also because that is what they have stated in both their FAQ and About Us pages.

This doesn't change that the indexed content is exclusively east asian, which is what has driven everyone to sign up here.

bamboo:

This doesn't change that the indexed content is exclusively east asian, which is what has driven everyone to sign up here.

I understand what you are saying. However, that does not diminish the validity of my statement. "To date" is the keyword as everything starts from something and then expands later on. The focal point, in the beginning, may have been a certain country, such as Korea. But it has since then expanded to other countries.

The site's name is "MyDramaList".  The site in their "About Me"  section has not specified or limited the site to a specific region of Asia. This means that while it may be focusing to date on completing the database of East-Asian countries' dramas, it is not limited or dedicated solely to that region's dramas, and will/may expand in the future to other "Asian" countries — again, which is why the idea of putting India on the list ever arose in the minds of the users. 

If this site had catered to Indian dramas/movies from the beginning, it would be one of the other reasons why people would join this site because we have a big population of English literate people watching Indian dramas/movies (from any region),  and who does not love the ability to have a spot where they can note down drama/movies they want to or have watched? <3

Finally,  If a clear distinction was made from the beginning, people would not make requests. If a clear distinction is made now and people are made aware, we will understand and limit our expectations to what is intended to be offered on this site. 

That's all ˆˆ

It would be amazing if India were added to MDL. We could all help to add movies and actors to the database.