I suggest adding Indonesian drama movies to MyDramaList. Indonesia is a developing country with a population of currently around 260 million where people like to watch movies. According to filmindonesia.or.id "Warkop DKI Reborn: Jangkrik Boss! Part 1" an Indonesian movie in 2016 got nearly 7 million viewers in the cinema.

I hope this can help increase the number of contributors and grow the community. Indonesia has a number of good actors and actresses at the national and international levels. An Indonesian film in 2008 "Laskar Pelangi" was once nominated for the best film at The 3rd Asian Film Awards as part of the Hong Kong International Film Festival in a ceremony on March 23, 2009 which "Tokyo Sonata" from Japan become the winner.

Thank you for your attention, stay cool and have a good one!

Prima

87votes

Netflix has added so many Indonesian movies lately and it really bums me out not being able to add them on MDL. I hope that we'll see it happen someday. As of now I have to keep track of them in a random notepad haha!

agreed! so many good indonesian dramas, movies, actors and actress that is well-known globally. There's so many new movies and series available in OTT such as Netflix, WeTV and Viu!

i don't think they should add indonesia to this website, 'cause they don't have big international fanbase unlike japan, Korea, thai, etc.

nanami aikawa:

i don't think they should add indonesia to this website, 'cause they don't have big international fanbase unlike japan, Korea, thai, etc.

Indonesian dramas is going global rn. They started to have big international fanbase too. Here's the most recent and (right now) most popular Indonesian Drama, "Layangan Putus" 

Agree!!! There will be a lot of series coming from OTT platforms like Disney+ Hotstar. To name a few: "Mendua" (adapted from Dr. Foster), "Tira" (Indonesian superhero series), and "Hubungi Agen Gue!" (remake of Dix Pour Cent). Not to mention original series from other OTT platforms: "Dapur Napi" and "Drama Ratu Drama" from Vidio; also "Imperfect The Series" and "Layangan Putus" from WeTV. They've been garnering attention lately. I predict that there will be an influx of original series from OTT platforms in the following year.

*Kinda related, I'm currently watching Indonesia's "Tunnel" (yes, a remake of that Korean drama) on Netflix and I feel bummed that I can't record my watching history on MDL. It has been good (I'm on ep 8) and I want to tell the world about it on MDL but I can't 🥴

**If you ask me if I'd be willing to volunteer to fill in the database: hell yes, with pleasure!

Although I haven't seen any Indonesian titles, I've voted for it as I'd love to explore. 

I'm watching Sri Asih and I'm liking it. I thought this site already had an Indonesian database, how wrong was I.

I checked and found out that I don't have a lot of access to Indonesian tv shows or dramas, but there are a lot of movies.  Maybe because this is a drama site, maybe that's why it hasn't been added?

It's not just a drama site but there are a lot more dramas in the database. It depends on how many movies each country produces I suppose. But at the moment there is a vote for the next country that should be added to the database. If you'd like Indonesia to be added, you can ask your friends also to vote on this thread (first post). But you'll need over 600 votes at least.

MDL is an informational site that shares dramas/movies information in one place. So that a person can choose some good drama/movie of his choice.

It does not depend on how many dramas movies a country produces, rather (1) it depends on how popular the dramas movies of that country are that can attract the audience and (2) how active the media/people of that country is that can deliver the information to the people.  (3) What's more important is  availability, availability in your location and your language.

ASTER:

MDL is an informational site that shares dramas/movies information in one place. So that a person can choose some good drama/movie of his choice.

It does not depend on how many dramas movies a country produces, rather (1) it depends on how popular the dramas movies of that country are that can attract the audience and (2) how active the media/people of that country is that can deliver the information to the people.  (3) What's more important is  availability, availability in your location and your language.

I agreed on this. Availability is the main reason why it's hard to find other Southeast Asian or Asian dramas and movies. As someone who enjoys Indonesian and Indian movies, I understand the frustration of not being able to find much information about the drama or movie you're excited to watch. 

I agree. I just watched the Indonesian show "cigarette girl" and it was excellent! I love this site because I am able to have discourse on shows and get others opinions. I would've loved to see what other people thought about this show and have dialogue but it's a shame there is no option for that. I believe Indonesian shows should be added! 

i'm always down for more non-east-asian dramas and films rec! 

Came here to show my support! Recently, Netflix came out with Cigarette Girl. Truly an amazing drama, that will probably gain immense international popularity. The show portrays some of Indonesia's history through the eyes of a young lady aspiring to take over her dad's kretek (cigarette factory).  This show alone has all the elements to entertain an international audience that loves dramas! Since then, I have been on the hunt for more shows. Sadly, Mydramalist has not recorded any Indonesian shows or movies. Hoping that this platform becomes more inclusive

**I'm also offering myself as a volunteer.