Still got the issue with Youtube videos disappearing when editing profile.

Also when will we be able to embed playlists again?

For now they told me to use post images.org  which in my opinion doesn't work 

Images are fine, I'm using dropbox to host those; it's the YouTube videos that are disappearing and having to be replaced each time editing the profile.

They don't allow us to us videos anymore and they don't know if or when it will ever be allowed again. I hate that postimages.org and drop box. Why should people who are viewing my profile be lead away from the page to view pics and stuff? It's quite stupid imo 

There's an embed YouTube video option in the profile edit section, so it's definitely allowed.  It's just currently faulty.

As for hosting images on another website, I've been doing that for years anyway as the images are kept to the same quality then, whereas when uploading straight to MDL, the images would get uploaded at a smaller file size to save server space and therefore be of a lower quality (particularly bad for when images have text on them, which the text went blurry then).  And it's understandable them removing it completely to clear up server space, particularly as they are running the website for free so need to keep the costs down.

And regarding people being led away, when hosting images via another website, people aren't being led away to that website, as the images are embedded directly on the page, just as they were before, but via something like postimages or dropbox rather than the mdl's file hoster.  People still therefore view the images on your profile as they did so before.

DyingtobeinKorea:

They don't allow us to us videos anymore and they don't know if or when it will ever be allowed again. I hate that postimages.org and drop box. Why should people who are viewing my profile be lead away from the page to view pics and stuff? It's quite stupid imo 

it does work and doesn't take the viewer away from MDL.   if you check my profile the very last photo (which is a collage) in the gallery is being hosted by postimages.org.  Once you upload the photo, to share it, they give you a bunch of options.  Use the Direct Link and punch that into MDL.   

Its transparent to the person viewing as to where its hosted.    Maybe try again? 

SilverCloud:
There's an embed YouTube video option in the profile edit section, so it's definitely allowed.  It's just currently faulty.

It's not faulty, they don't want us using it anymore so they made it so it doesn't work. I already emailed them 5 times about it and that's what they said. I am not trying to argue with you I am trying to make you understand that this is a fact now. I can grab my email and copy and paste it her to show you if you want or you can visit other posts about the embed videos that don't work and you will see the answers are all the same.  Sorry 

joannesmith:

it does work and doesn't take the viewer away from MDL.   if you check my profile the very last photo (which is a collage) in the gallery is being hosted by postimages.org.  Once you upload the photo, to share it, they give you a bunch of options.  Use the Direct Link and punch that into MDL.   

Its transparent to the person viewing as to where its hosted.    Maybe try again? 

Ok so if that works how to I make the pic move further down on the page, I don't want it way at the top and it doesn't seem to want to move. How about videos? How did you manage to input videos on your page? 

DyingtobeinKorea:

It's not faulty, they don't want us using it anymore so they made it so it doesn't work. I already emailed them 5 times about it and that's what they said. I am not trying to argue with you I am trying to make you understand that this is a fact now. I can grab my email and copy and paste it her to show you if you want or you can visit other posts about the embed videos that don't work and you will see the answers are all the same.  Sorry 

It wasn't an argument, I was just trying to help with what you were saying.

If you'd have mentioned about emailing them and their reply, then I would have believed you (no need to show it), so I could only go off the limited information you were saying.

But if that is the case then it is very disappointing them doing so, as they were supposed to be improving MDL and giving us more options, not lessening the options.

However when I originally queried about the YouTube issues, I was told by the admins that they were looking to fix it and possibly bring back the option for playlists again, so it seems like some are saying one thing and others another.  Whether they have changed their mind on the issue, I don't know, all I can hope is that they take into consideration what we as users of MDL like and want from the website, so that it can keep user-friendly as it was before.

SilverCloud:
It wasn't an argument, I was just trying to help with what you were saying.

oh I know it wasn't an argument and like I said I wasn't trying to argue lol but I did mention that I spoke with them,  There are many posts about the youtube vids and how they don't work and many have said they were going to fix it and then they have come back and said it lead to viruses blah blah and more blah blah so I emailed them and they finally told me they weren't going to allow us to add vis anymore until they could find a proper solution for everyone. This nonsense with the postimage crap is highly stupid cuz I can't place my pics where I want. I asked but I haven't gotten a reply back. argh :) 

DyingtobeinKorea:

Ok so if that works how to I make the pic move further down on the page, I don't want it way at the top and it doesn't seem to want to move. How about videos? How did you manage to input videos on your page? 

I'll play around later today with picture location.  I just hit enter after my last pic and slapped the pic in there for that particular one.  I can't recall what picture editing features work/don't work anymore.    Regarding the videos,  I used the Youtube option on the editing menu. (Meaning, I didn't mess with  editing the HTML)  I inserted the link.  Note that none of the "embedding" features for autostart, starting at a specific time, and so on are supported yet.  There is a security risk with embedding.  So, just insert a standard youtube link that is generated when you hit SHARE in youtube.   Sometimes in MDL, there is a tiny delay before the video appears while you are in editing mode.  I just added another video at the bottom of my profile as a quick test.   You can see it if you want to check it out.  

Adding individual YouTube videos is fine, but my original query was regarding the issue of them disappearing when we go to edit the profile page again.

SilverCloud:

Adding individual YouTube videos is fine, but my original query was regarding the issue of them disappearing when we go to edit the profile page again.

Understood, I am still having problems with both argh 

DyingtobeinKorea:

Understood, I am still having problems with both argh 

About the images, I've just tested and they are working fine when clicking on a certain line/section of the page where we want to place them, and then clicking insert image, pasting the url from the website we're hosting them on (such as dropbox), and clicking insert.  There's then various options like align and change size.

SilverCloud:

Yeah, I hear ya, that's why i subscribed to keep an eye on this topic you posted.   When the MDL update occured, the next day  i edited something....i think just some text...hit save and all my youtube videos disappeared.   I can't get anything to save in the HTML editing mode, but i can insert a video from the toolbar and have it not disappear at this phase in time.