joannesmith:

Yeah, I hear ya, that's why i subscribed to keep an eye on this topic you posted.   When the MDL update occured, the next day  i edited something....i think just some text...hit save and all my youtube videos disappeared.   I can't get anything to save in the HTML editing mode, but i can insert a video from the toolbar and have it not disappear at this phase in time.    

Yes that's when it began, and I thought they had fixed it, as it had been working for a while, at least about a month ago, as I had a video on the page, went to edit the profile once or a few times and it kept it no problem; but then suddenly today the original issue from when they first updated MDL came back again.

I finally figured out the youtubes thank gawd thank you Joanne!!! but the pics I still haven't and I have tried to align them and it doesn't work, anyway I will try later I need to go for a ride now before it gets any colder and the snow hits. I cycle in the winter in Montreal but not when it gets colder than -4 F Thanks very much to both of You 

SilverCloud:

Yes that's when it began, and I thought they had fixed it, as it had been working for a while, at least about a month ago, as I had a video on the page, went to edit the profile once or a few times and it kept it no problem; but then suddenly today the original issue from when they first updated MDL came back again.

i'll keep this in mind and my eye out.  It was kinda overwhelming when it happened!   i didn't have any of the links or html saved....LOL.  Now i just keep a text playlist (with links)with links at the bottom of my page and i deleted all the videos except one that I use to test if autostart is working yet!  i miss having my song autoplay but I'm surviving till @ji-n determines a solution.   

DyingtobeinKorea:

I finally figured out the youtubes thank gawd thank you Joanne!!! but the pics I still haven't and I have tried to align them and it doesn't work, anyway I will try later I need to go for a ride now before it gets any colder and the snow hits. I cycle in the winter in Montreal but not when it gets colder than -4 F Thanks very much to both of You 

i am so glad you got further along.   I know how crazy one gets.  I think i spent a whole day trying backdoor ways to get youtube parameters to work without embedding syntax (the security issue). When i saw @silvercloud was having same issues, i felt my sanity come back. LOL

Anyway.  you've inspired me to get my bike tuned.  i was supposed to last month and then decided to wait till spring.  Where I live, outside washington DC, we have freakish weather where it snows one day and then you can wear shorts the next week.    

joannesmith:

i am so glad you got further along.   I know how crazy one gets.  I think i spent a whole day trying backdoor ways to get youtube parameters to work without embedding syntax (the security issue). When i saw @silvercloud was having same issues, i felt my sanity come back. LOL

Anyway.  you've inspired me to get my bike tuned.  i was supposed to last month and then decided to wait till spring.  Where I live, outside washington DC, we have freakish weather where it snows one day and then you can wear shorts the next week.    

LOLOL Montreal has freakish weather too, one day hot one day cold, some days snow up the wazoo and maz cold temps up to minus 40 C plus win so minu 60 and that's beyond cold to bike. To boot we have the craziest nastiest drivers in the world, I say this with knowledge lol 

Shop around for tune ups don't let bike shops take you for a ride! I've got a friend that works out there, he flies to and from every Friday, he seems to like it enough but the politics lol

thanks for the help, let me know if you get more info on the pics I can't seem to place them where I want Check out my profile you will see what I mean, I need them placed every 4th or 6th not back to back Tell me about the biking too :)

OK

DyingtobeinKorea:

OK,  i couldn't quote your last response because there's a limit to how much text can be quoted..WHO KNEW?....Anyway,  go over to my profile now and scroll all the way to the bottom.   I added photos in different places.   What you need to do is insert a Table.  Make it was many rows and colums as u want.   Then, go to an individual cell in the table, click to make your cursor be in that cell.  Then go to the toolbar above and use the insert photo function as usual.  Then hit Insert.  Make sure you are using a photo with a url with a Direct Link that you've already successfully used.

Perhaps play around with that for spacing and so on to see if that works for u.  

joannesmith:
OK,  i couldn't quote your last response because there's a limit to how much text can be quoted..WHO KNEW?....Anyway,  go over to my profile now and scroll all the way to the bottom.   I added photos in different places.   What you need to do is insert a Table.  Make it was many rows and colums as u want.   Then, go to an individual cell in the table, click to make your cursor be in that cell.  Then go to the toolbar above and use the insert photo function as usual.  Then hit Insert.  Make sure you are using a photo with a url with a Direct Link that you've already successfully used.

Perhaps play around with that for spacing and so on to see if that works for u.  

wow so complicated my my pea sized brain lol I will try and see it I can handle this nonsense thanks so much, maybe I will add you as a friend if I haven't already :) 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 DyingtobeinKorea:

wow so complicated my my pea sized brain lol I will try and see it I can handle this nonsense thanks so much, maybe I will add you as a friend if I haven't already :) 

another option (after you insert the pics) will be to use the options Inline and the other one which name I forgot (Outline or Break line lolz) and then you can hit enter and move the pic... I'll test it later and explain it better with screenshots and all

Yuanwei:

another option (after you insert the pics) will be to use the options Inline and the other one which name I forgot (Outline or Break line lolz) and then you can hit enter and move the pic... I'll test it later and explain it better with screenshots and all

I agree.   I FINALLY sat down and did some samples on my profile with the editing options that come with the tool bar MDL provides.   I went ahead and left my profile with some samples of picture placement, sizing, with a link to a URL, before and after a video, inline vs. break in text.  ETC.  I'll leave it up there for a bit for @dyingtobeinkorea to examine.   Its all at the very bottom of my profile after the gallery.  

DyingtobeinKorea:

check out samples at end of my profile  of pic placement i commented on above.   See if that is working for you or not .  

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 joannesmith:

I agree.   I FINALLY sat down and did some samples on my profile with the editing options that come with the tool bar MDL provides.   I went ahead and left my profile with some samples of picture placement, sizing, with a link to a URL, before and after a video, inline vs. break in text.  ETC.  I'll leave it up there for a bit for @dyingtobeinkorea to examine.   Its all at the very bottom of my profile after the gallery.  

yeah, the table is a good idea if you want to have the pics organized like that and for better control...though you still need to have the same size for the pics or else everything is a mess =))

Ok I totally appreciate the help that I am getting from everyone but I don't understand a bloody thing, first of all if you look at "my" profile I have pics up already. I don't want my pics at the bottom or in squares I want them in between the pics I already have up and have been up since last year. Is that possible? 

Does your break inline way that I don't understand do that?  I am not trying to sound ungrateful I just don't understand why MDL changed everything and made it harder for us to figure this shit out. I want to open MDL open images and upload that's it that's all, not go through hoops hurdles bridges caverns and oceans just to add 3 bloody images or vids arghhhhhhhh so frustrating   again not mad just frustrated  

Also there's this huge gap between my pics and vids cuz I had more vids before the change and they have disappeared but now the gap stays and I can't fix it. When I try to the new vids disappear and I have to start all over. As for adding vids I have to add them one by one in the embed with the youtube link code but if I hit back space to edit my words they all disappear again   Argh  I'm getting so pissed that I can't have my profile the way it was. Pics can't be added I tried the break thing makes no sense I give up 

DyingtobeinKorea:

Also there's this huge gap between my pics and vids cuz I had more vids before the change and they have disappeared but now the gap stays and I can't fix it. When I try to the new vids disappear and I have to start all over. As for adding vids I have to add them one by one in the embed with the youtube link code but if I hit back space to edit my words they all disappear again   Argh  I'm getting so pissed that I can't have my profile the way it was. Pics can't be added I tried the break thing makes no sense I give up 

I just added that cat picture all over my profile in different places  and different sizes, etc.  yes you can add pics between other pics you had before the mdl update.   that is what i just did temporarily for u to review.    there is no limitation as to putting it at bottom of profile, i was trying to put it down lower so testing stuff would be less noticeable.  I can't answer all the question about the new design changes except for there are still  some quirks, bugs and new features.   Even though it might drive u nuts, since the mdl update,  i read and followed all open cases regarding editing profiles and saw all of @ji-n's responses... so that gave me an idea of the status, current issues, and security limitations outstanding.    That, in some cases, will give specific reasons.      

As an FYI, there is some weird nuance that i've gotten used to...that it is better to use the "delete" button instead of cut/paste or "backspace" button when you are anywhere near a youtube video.   

Sorry I can't help more!

You have been a great help, don't say nonsense. I just can't understand how to add images it makes zero sense I got these little empty boxes everywhere that had to be deleted Argh and I have this huge gap between my pics and vids 

I will try and look over what you wrote again and try to figure it out, doubtful that I will understand it all  thank you very much