Kleeun Cheewit is my first ever thai drama and I haven't stopped raving about it since I finished it like 2 weeks ago..Its seriously amazing! Even though some of my fellow MDL'ers have suggested me a few lakorns,I would like to know if there are any more out there.First off let me tell you what I loved about KC so you can recommend me something based on that :

Story - This story was so Dramatic but I never skipped any episode,everything was portrayed really well and it never felt boring.

Acting - let me just say that Yaya has become on of my fave actresses ever and I just watched her in this drama for the first time! I mean she blew me away! Especially when she cried....I could literally feel the pain.Mark was amazing too.There's a kind of subtelty and rawness in his expressions and you really feel for the guy. Even the supporting actors were really good and matched well with the leads.

Characters - I love that the main point of the story was not just about the romance,It explored some really intense topics like Guilt,Revenge,Jealousy.... and they were all portrayed really well.Even throughout the show,when the male lead is just being a jerk to the female lead because he can't deal with his own pain,other characters are always there to plant some sense in him or at least make him aware of this.And there are just soooo many more things that I can't possible pin down!

Chemistry - OMGOMGOMG!!! where do I even start? The chemistry between Yaya & Mark is soooo amazing!! Everytime they are in the same frame,you can feel the tension and the emotions leap through the screen.I couldn't believe it when I found out that not only was Mark already dating someone but this was his First serious role...Like WHAT?!?! And is also involved with another actor Nadech? I don't know how but these two really hit it out of the park with their roles & now I'm following both of them.

Whoo! this was a really long post but I hope you got what I'm looking for.The story doesn't necessarily have to be dramatic or as intense but t the story needs to be good and the chemistry has to be good (I'm a sucker for romance!).

These lakorns are just as intense, with a jealous male lead , great chemistry, but they do have rape in them.  Roy Leh Sanae Rai (2015) couple has good chemistry, some nice kisses. H tries to play her but ends up playing himself. Rahut Rissaya, love this one too. h is really cool  sort who blackmails H into marrying her. H is emotional but he keeps pressing her buttons. They even get to tie each other up.  H was possessive of her, great chemistry.

jazzy36:

These lakorns are just as intense, with a jealous male lead , great chemistry, but they do have rape in them.  Roy Leh Sanae Rai (2015) couple has good chemistry, some nice kisses. H tries to play her but ends up playing himself. Rahut Rissaya, love this one too. h is really cool  sort who blackmails H into marrying her. H is emotional but he keeps pressing her buttons. They even get to tie each other up.  H was possessive of her, great chemistry.

"tries to play her but ends up playing himself" LOL Ain't that the truth! The lakorns you mentioned seem intense but i'll check them out.Thanks for the suggestion and if you have more,you're always welcome!

Hey Ali!!

Other similar revenge Thai dramas you might like to try out

1. Sawan Biang
  2. Jai Luang
  3. Ra Rerng Fai

A lot of people seem to recommend sawan biang so i'll definitely check that out and the others will go on my watchlist.Thank you so much for the recommendations!

Ali_101:

A lot of people seem to recommend sawan biang so i'll definitely check that out and the others will go on my watchlist.Thank you so much for the recommendations!

Yeah, Sawan Biang is like a 101 Slap/kiss revenge drama lol!!

AdeNike:

Yeah, Sawan Biang is like a 101 Slap/kiss revenge drama lol!!

I am just about to finish Leh Ratree and its REALLY GOOD! I'm falling for Sean's goofy smile.....DAMN HIM!! Even the second couple is sooo damn cute! 

I cringe whenever anyone recommends Sawan Biang .   I hesitate to recommend it, unless I am certain of the person's taste.   

It is my absolute favorite lakorn , by far the best written and the best acted!!!  Even though the plot is simple  and typical lakorn slap/kiss, the insight into the very well-developed characters  is excellent and rare to find .... A tight script, a tough heroine that never breaks,  and a vulnerable hero in emotional turmoil.....  Yet, I feel it must always come w/ a warning -->

BEWARE: Sawan Biang is intense and shocking!!!  It is not for everyone!  The lead not only rapes her several times, he also uses emotional blackmail and psych abuse. ..... .....  Despite the warnings, so many people still end up watching out of curiosity, then rate it a 1.0 or very low, just for the subject matter, w/out appreciating the tight script or complexity of the characters.  

Ali_101:

I am just about to finish Leh Ratree and its REALLY GOOD! I'm falling for Sean's goofy smile.....DAMN HIM!! Even the second couple is sooo damn cute! 

Yeah Leh Ratree with Sean and Esther had a better writing and acting than the older version.

rainruma:

I cringe whenever anyone recommends Sawan Biang .   I hesitate to recommend it, unless I am certain of the person's taste.   

It is my absolute favorite lakorn , by far the best written and the best acted!!!  Even though the plot is simple  and typical lakorn slap/kiss, the insight into the very well-developed characters  is excellent and rare to find .... A tight script, a tough heroine that never breaks,  and a vulnerable hero in emotional turmoil.....  Yet, I feel it must always come w/ a warning -->

BEWARE: Sawan Biang is intense and shocking!!!  It is not for everyone!  The lead not only rapes her several times, he also uses emotional blackmail and psych abuse. ..... .....  Despite the warnings, so many people still end up watching out of curiosity, then rate it a 1.0 or very low, just for the subject matter, w/out appreciating the tight script or complexity of the characters.  

I totally understand what you mean, but I was just recommending it, since it's in the league of revenge-slap/kiss drama. Sawan Biang was one the first shows I watched. Tbh, it was a shock to me lol!! But the script and characters were well written and portrayed. It would be interesting to see a remake.

@AdeNike   ...   Oh, I am not berating you, not at all ,  it is just that I learned my lesson after having recommended it in general; I am now hesitant unless it is someone whose taste I know ....  Too often , I see people being so infuriated by the subject, that they overlook all the well-developed characters, the tight script, the insight  into the psyche, and much more.

That's also why I doubt any remake can be better .... The story itself is nothing special, esp for lakorns: typical selfish man-child who abuses a woman for revenge but ends up falling for her- that's why earlier versions were  average lakorns .....   .....     No production can improve on what made the 2008 version stand out : The excellent writing, directing and amazing acting by Ken and the supporting cast., are difficult to replicate or improve on.

Hello! Kluen Cheewit was my first Thai drama too! If you like Kluen Cheewit I recommend Game Rai Game Rak. It has the same actress and the handsome Nadech kugimiya. It is really good and I even prefer it to Kluen Cheewit. It has the whole misunderstanding plot where he treats her poorly because he thinks she betrayed him kind of thing. Ok the actually plot is: 

Saichon is an islander living on Min island. One day, destiny leads him to find Fahlada, a 17 years old girl lying unconscious on the beach. When she wakes up, he realizes that she lost all her memories. Saichon takes care of her and names her Nang Fah (angel) because he doesn't know her real name and she doesn't remember it. They fall in love with each other and live together."

But that is just part 1 there is a lot more after she gets taken away from the island and he goes after her.. really great show and I enjoy all of Nadeck's Dramas :) Tarm Ruk Keun Jai  and Lom Sorn Ruk are great as well.. 

Talay Fai is great as well and the actor Mik Thongraya is so cute! and he is in some great dramas as well. 

If you need more to get your drama fix after you are done with Thai dramas I recommend K Dramas. They are similar in the hi-jinks and misunderstandings and I actually prefer them even though I started out with Thai Dramas..

hope that helps have fun in dramaland!

@laurli vider 

Thanks for all the recommendations,they'll definitely go on my watchlist.I have read a lot about nadech and yaya's chemistry,however I haven't really gotten to watch any of Nadech's lakorns yet.Can you recommend some of your favs that feature nadech? 

As for my drama fix,i'm basically an addict who watches any drama as long as its good.Be it chinese,japanese,korean,taiwanese-you name it & I watch it! LOL

rainruma:

I read A LOT about Sawan Biang! The more I read,the more curious I was about people's differing opinions of it.So,I decided to watch the first ep just to decide wether I was interested enough to keep it on my watchlist-something i've never done before (I either watch something or I don't) .I was really surprised by the first episode.The lead actor was SO GOOD...not the character but the way the actor portrayed him.Right from the first ep you could get a glance at all the layers his character would have and it all thanks to the actor.Though he was an A Class Jerk,you could see why.Every time he mentioned his mom or interacted with his father (especially that scene at the breakfast table where he breaks down in the first ep) ,you feel so BAD for him.

The lead actress was so good too.She was strong and gave it back to him everytime he tried to embarrass her-I LOVED it! The supporting characters also seem to be doing well.Just seing the acting of the leads,I'm so impressed that it's hard to believe this is 2008 lakorn! At the end of the first ep,I was like WOW! I REALLY NEED TO WATCH THIS! And your comment about the script and the complexity of characters just makes me that much eager to watch it.I love those things in a show-when you don't just see the characters but feel their emotions.All the things you mentioned are right up my alley! Therefore,I have to ask what are your favorite lakorns - similar to this or even otherwise?

@Ali_101 ... anything w/ Nadech and Yaya  together (7 dramas so far)  is worth watching , they have the most Natural, most amazing chemistry. .....   I like Game Rai Game Rak  (as mentioned above) , Duang Jai Akkanee , and their Rising Sun series (they're the main couple in the 2nd one, but their story starts in the first one)...... Also, their two most recent ones, I have not yet watched : Leh Lub Salub Rarng is supposed to be hilarious , I am anxiously anticipating The Crown Princess, which should air soon.