moonchild:
It would be better to create a new thread with each challenge/year, I just wasn't sure and I'd like to make sure it's okay.

Yes, that's exactly it.
For the X years to come, all we have to do is relate the links of the previous challenges on the front page of the current year. A bit like the MDL Challenge did, but to be improved or customised in our own way.  

ManUtiavN:

Yes, that's exactly it.
For the X years to come, all we have to do is relate the links of the previous challenges on the front page of the current year. A bit like the MDL Challenge did, but to be improved or customised in our own way.  

Since the 2022 challenge will change a bit (additional challenges, lightly changed) it would have overwritten the existing one. I'll talk to admins and ask for permission to create an account and to be sure also for the threads as this will put additional data on the server if we create new threads each year (though only slightly). 

moonchild:

Since the 2022 challenge will change a bit (additional challenges, lightly changed) it would have overwritten the existing one. I'll talk to admins and ask for permission to create an account and to be sure also for the threads as this will put additional data on the server if we create new threads each year (though only slightly). 

Okay ! 

Thank you both  moonchild  and  ustOneMoreEpisode and new friends for the Thai Challenge 2021.  <3

Done! Completed all Challenges 1-12; today.  Game of Outlaws (2021) was the last. Thank the gods. I couldn't have made it through Irresistible, or Unhappy Birthday without it to look forward too.  Enjoyed Game of Outlaws (the other 2 not so much) . Recommend it over the original. Action is fun, just enough romance. I had fun!

ManUtiavN great idea! All in on the club when it happens. Will be watching this thread for more info.
Cheers! A

My custom list - Thai Watch Challenge 2021 - ratings and notes.
https://mydramalist.com/list/389r2lq4

Anusaya:

Thank you both  moonchild  and  ustOneMoreEpisode and new friends for the Thai Challenge 2021.  <3

Done! Completed all Challenges 1-12; today.  Game of Outlaws (2021) was the last. Thank the gods. I couldn't have made it through Irresistible, or Unhappy Birthday without it to look forward too.  Enjoyed Game of Outlaws (the other 2 not so much) . Recommend it over the original. Action is fun, just enough romance. I had fun!

ManUtiavN great idea! All in on the club when it happens. Will be watching this thread for more info.
Cheers! A

My custom list - Thai Watch Challenge 2021 - ratings and notes.
https://mydramalist.com/list/389r2lq4

Congrats to finishing the entire challenge! That's been a lot. xD 

I'm still waiting for a reply from admins. I'll post here once there are new infos. :)

moonchild:

Congrats to finishing the entire challenge! That's been a lot. xD 

I'm still waiting for a reply from admins. I'll post here once there are new infos. :)

I'd have watched anyway. lol Awesome and thank you.

My New Year present to myself, and now you. A recommendation for the Thai challengers. There is no nuance, just visual drama. Might be a good chance for those afraid of raw releases. I suggest raw often (especially after watching in your native sub) it'll make it easier to learn. It is a train wreck of beauty.
Saeng Soon (2007)
Raw - enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVIsBfEPsA&list=PL0ST3ArUD3-gZ1P1RUKutIth7bgO8gQAH&index=2&ab_channel=PitchaphanRot

Happy New Year everybody !!  Wish you to make your dreams a reality and  turn your efforts into great achievements.

Anusaya:

My New Year present to myself, and now you. A recommendation for the Thai challengers. There is no nuance, just visual drama. Might be a good chance for those afraid of raw releases. I suggest raw often (especially after watching in your native sub) it'll make it easier to learn. It is a train wreck of beauty.
Saeng Soon (2007)
Raw - enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVIsBfEPsA&list=PL0ST3ArUD3-gZ1P1RUKutIth7bgO8gQAH&index=2&ab_channel=PitchaphanRot

It's always a bit special to rediscover actors who are now playing supporting roles as leads some fifteen years ago. Thanks Anusaya  for sharing.

Here is my proposal for an additional section for our Thai challenge for 2022.

We can name it Thai Club favourites.

The purpose  is to watch/discover at least one drama in the list of the club members' favourites. For this, to make the list  it will be necessary that each member communicates :

✔️ The best drama released in 2021 that you have seen.
✔️ An actor you discovered and who impressed you in 2021. (not necessarily in main lead) and we will watch one of his dramas.
✔️ An actress you discovered and were impressed by in 2021. (not necessarily in main lead) and we will watch one of her dramas.

Drama of 2021 for me: I promised you the Moon
Actor: James Teeradon Supapunpinyo
Actress: Baifern Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul

I don't know if I should post here but if  it's bother you I'll send directly to the forum creators for the next ideas that are running through my head.

ManUtiavN:

Here is my proposal for an additional section for our Thai challenge for 2022.

We can name it Thai Club favourites.

The purpose  is to watch/discover at least one drama in the list of the club members' favourites. For this, to make the list  it will be necessary that each member communicates :

✔️ The best drama released in 2021 that you have seen.
✔️ An actor you discovered and who impressed you in 2021. (not necessarily in main lead) and we will watch one of his dramas.
✔️ An actress you discovered and were impressed by in 2021. (not necessarily in main lead) and we will watch one of her dramas.

Drama of 2021 for me: I promised you the Moon
Actor: James Teeradon Supapunpinyo
Actress: Baifern Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul

I don't know if I should post here but if  it's bother you I'll send directly to the forum creators for the next ideas that are running through my head.

No bother at all. This thread is the spot for discussions, questions etc regarding the Challenge. :) 

I like your idea. I haven't heard back from the admins yet though. 

ManUtiavN:

Happy New Year everybody !!  Wish you to make your dreams a reality and  turn your efforts into great achievements.

It's always a bit special to rediscover actors who are now playing supporting roles as leads some fifteen years ago. Thanks Anusaya  for sharing.

Period costumed rarely age. Dated can happen but in reality it is stuck in a time capsule from the beginning. 

I love the idea of favorite 2021 drama, actor and actress. I'll think on it. =D

I promise I'll stop spamming ( ⋂‿⋂') until moonchild   and JustOneMoreEpisode  have an aswer from the admins of MDL. Making pretty presentations is not my specialty, but since I have time and let's face it, I was a bit bored, I went through with my idea about the different sections we could integrate into the Challenge.

I figure out since we're taking on this challenge, we're going all out even though I know that most of us watch dramas from other countries, myself included. By proposing several themes, we encourage the members to leave their comfort zone. 

Of course, feel free to suggest changes or add proposals,  not everything has to be included.  

THAI CLUB 

• Create an account called Thai Club (name to be validated) on MDL. The site would be accessible to Club administrators.
  • Create a new thread for the 2022 challenge from the Thai Club account (name to be confirmed) on the forum.
  • Create a new thread for Thai Watch Challenge FAQ and Questions from the Thai Club (name to be validated) on the forum.

From the common account of the Club it will be possible to make custom lists, like for example:

• Make a list of Thai remakes of Thai lakorns or dramas
  • Make a list of remakes from other countries (not necessarily Asian)
  • List award winning writers, directors internationally or in Thailand (votes should not be paid or come from fans). We can take The Nataraja awards for example.
  • Gather banners and various badges of the Club
  • List of members' favourite dramas/actors/actresses for the current year (challenge)

The creation of a common account is interesting to avoid that the Club and the Thai Challenge start again from scratch in case of deactivation of an account of the challenge creator.

CHALLENGE TOPICS PROPOSITION

Singularity

() Watch a drama / film with LGBTQ+ content

() Watch a drama / film with a Thai martial art

() Watch a drama / movie / TV show with a Thai folk dance or traditional instrument

() Watch a drama / movie / TV show with traditional Thai food

() Watch a drama / movie / TV show with traditional Thai costumes

Outside the box 

() Watch a drama / movie with death / murder
() Watch a drama / film with witchcraft / black magic
() Watch a drama / movie with a supernatural background (power, body swp, shapeshifter, etc...)

Tags : guilty pleasures

() Watch a drama / movie with  Slap/Kiss
() Watch a drama / movie with  Revenge
() Watch a drama / movie with  Love / Hate relationship
() Watch a drama / movie with  Evil Stepmother

Tags : fluffy touch  

() Watch a drama / movie with  First Love
() Watch a drama / movie with Bromance
() Watch a drama / movie with Friendship
() Watch a drama / movie with steamy kiss (not sure about this)

Your lakorns journey

() Watch a drama / movie starting with the first letter of your first name
() Watch a drama/movie released in the year you created your account
() Watch a drama/movie released in the year of your birth or any other important event in your life
() Watch a drama/movie that has your work or studies or a hobby as its title or theme, even in the background
() Watching a drama/movie that has been rated the lowest by the user who signed up before you on the thread
() Watch a drama/movie rated the highest by the user who signed up after you in the thread

Thai Club favorites

() Watch a drama / movie from the list of members' favourite dramas in 2021 (list to be provided)
() Watch a drama / movie with the list of actors discovered by the members in 2021 (list to be provided)
() Watch a drama / movie with actresses discovered by the members in 2021 (list to be provided)

Actors/ actresses  from another point of view

() Watch at least one drama with one of its couples both in real life than in fiction (list to be filled)
() Watch a drama/movie with one of the leads singing the soundtrack or one of the OST
() Watch a TV show where one of your favourite actors/actresses is a regular member or the MC.

Thank you for reading my entry.  

ManUtiavN:
I promise I'll stop spamming ( ⋂‿⋂') until moonchild   and JustOneMoreEpisode  have an aswer from the admins of MDL.

Yeah not sure if I'll ever get one. It's been over a week now and still nothing. I'll make an account for the Thai club tomorrow, there are so many already, even the MDL Watch Challenge has their own account now so they can hardly forbid it anyway. I also contacted JustOneMoreEpisode once again, hoping to get a reply from her as well. Hope we'll have the challenge up soon. 

moonchild:

Yeah not sure if I'll ever get one. It's been over a week now and still nothing. I'll make an account for the Thai club tomorrow, there are so many already, even the MDL Watch Challenge has their own account now so they can hardly forbid it anyway. I also contacted JustOneMoreEpisode once again, hoping to get a reply from her as well. Hope we'll have the challenge up soon. 

Okay, let's keep in touch. 

moonchild:

if you need help in anyway - let me know. <3