Why:
Tae Eul's distress situation at the end of episode 11.
Not sufficiently exploited, by the way. She faced a traumatic situation.
When Lee Gon comes to rescue her during episode 12. There's a very good background music. This scene is powerful and moving.
For the rest, I was able to hook the wagons as far as the romance is concerned, so it's the most sincere and strongest moment for the characters.
But I fully understand the audience who missed the steps. Nothing was done to help them!
You can see that on another one of my parody memes:
https://www.pinterest.fr/w4worlds/the-king-eternal-monarch-meme/
The meme n°6 sums up the feeling of many spectators. There is a description that explains these memes.

W two worlds Season 2:

Why:
Tae Eul's distress situation at the end of episode 11.
Not sufficiently exploited, by the way. She faced a traumatic situation.
When Lee Gon comes to rescue her during episode 12. There's a very good background music. This scene is powerful and moving.
For the rest, I was able to hook the wagons as far as the romance is concerned, so it's the most sincere and strongest moment for the characters.
But I fully understand the audience who missed the steps. Nothing was done to help them!
You can see that on another one of my parody memes:
https://www.pinterest.fr/w4worlds/the-king-eternal-monarch-meme/
The meme n°6 sums up the feeling of many spectators. There is a description that explains these memes.

Wow! You are so talented and all your memes I looked at so far are hilarious 

Pranksalot:

Four episodes are definitely not enough to develop the growing number of side characters lol when are they going to explain Lee Rim story? I still don’t understand his true motivation 

i thought i am the only one who's still not getting Lee Lim's motive. things they still need to explain:

1. Shin Jae's story

2. Jo Yeong-Eun Sup swap/love stories

3. Lee fckin Lim's motive

4. the exponential increase of time stop - what does it mean for the story?

5. CCTV showing year 2022.

6. first opening scene in ep. 1 showing the interrogation of Lee Lim by Shin Jae and Tae Eul in the police station.

7. who's the one who saved young Lee Gon, and why that person has Tae Eul's ID?

8. Is Court Lady Noh originating from Korea an important part of the story?

9. PM's motives, actions and her doppelganger. did she travel to the other world by shaking hands with Lee Lim?

10. the space of the vacuum of no wind, sun and air where a day there is equal to 2 months in the outside world. 

11. LUNA.

12. that scene when Tae Eul sees the jacket of Lee Gon in his chamber which he wears when he crosses over just to give her the blue flower and suddenly left. has that scene not happened yet or what?

You’re definitely not alone. It’s bothering me so much that Lee Rim is barely featured in each episode  although he’s the big bad wolf of the story. 

12. What’s yo-yo boy purpose and story? Is he just a random cheat code for the good guys?

13. Is there a connection between Luna and TE mom having cancer?

14. What does the lightening scars represent? 

@Baek In Ho 

Nice inventory.

Add : lighting crisis on body when there is a storm.

I have a bad feeling that drama isn't going to answer half of these questions.
And that the last episode will be a nameless mess of disorderly scenes. LOL.

Baek In Ho:
6. first opening scene in ep. 1 showing the interrogation of Lee Lim by Shin Jae and Tae Eul in the police station.

I see that you have mentioned 12 good points. This show is probably gonna end like Vagabond if it goes on with this pace. I don't want it to rush too because it would ruin the great story. Maybe it will end with interrogation just like Vagabond ending (when Lee Seung-gi was gonna shot Suzy in ep 1.) I am always worry when I watch Netflix show because cliffhanger for episode ain't enough but cliffhanger for another season! 'HAHA'. 

Movie can give great story within 3 hours like 'AVATAR' but this is TV-series. But I still hope it would explain everything in 4 hours because I don't want to wait for another season. I know that it is false hope. Anyway, I still like the show so I would wait for season 2 just like I am waiting for Vagabond season 2. When you don't think or busy with other things, time will fly by. I might even forget because waiting is painful. XD

Ahead:

I see that you have mentioned 12 good points. This show is probably gonna end like Vagabond if it goes on with this pace. I don't want it to rush too because it would ruin the great story. Maybe it will end with interrogation just like Vagabond ending (when Lee Seung-gi was gonna shot Suzy in ep 1.) I am always worry when I watch Netflix show because cliffhanger for episode ain't enough but cliffhanger for another season! 'HAHA'. 

Movie can give great story within 3 hours like 'AVATAR' but this is TV-series. But I still hope it would explain everything in 4 hours because I don't want to wait for another season. I know that it is false hope. Anyway, I still like the show so I would wait for season 2 just like I am waiting for Vagabond season 2. When you don't think or busy with other things, time will fly by. I might even forget because waiting is painful. XD

I hated vagabond ending so much!!! I honestly don’t think season 2 is ever happening since it received so much backlash and ratings weren’t that high. 

I really enjoyed avatar and looking forward to the sequels! 

I really doubt season 2 of eternal king is happening because although the production team and writer kes was smart to recover most of their expenses due to selling airing rights early on, the buyers like SBS network and the advertisers are upset because they are losing money due to poor domestic ratings  

I find it funny that some people are telling others not watch the drama if they don't like it when that's exactly why Korean viewers stopped watching it. There are probably people there who are watching this drama hoping it gets better even though they don't love it, which would mean even less rating if they decide to stop watching. Anyway I myself have dropped it. I can't bear to continue watching only to be royally disappointed.

The answer is a clear no. 

We're 12 episodes in and aside from romance nothing has happened. We still know nothing. Well almost nothing. 

The flute probably means time travel and between worlds. It's broken so I would assume neither one has control over it.

There's a sword in a box. Woooo.

Lee Lim has been murdering and replacing people for ?????? 

That's it. That's the whole story and almost nothing has progressed since Episode 1 aside from the romance.

We've been spinning tires in mud for 11 episodes. I don't have any faith that this will wrap up in the remaining 4.

Instead of answering things and slowly revealing to the audience... they're only giving us more questions.

Edit: It really feels like the writing and directing team had no idea where to go with this. When you go with time travel you have a few options - a more episodic approach (this show is not doing that) or a more artistic reveal of what the characters are doing. We are getting neither. Nothing is being explained to us. The reveals are just "oh another person traveled!". The reveals should be explaining motives, explaining why characters are who they are... not "Yep I traveled to Korea and back to the Kingdom" in episode 12 when the show is almost over.

People are acting like this is a high brow TV show... it's not. The writers are just keeping everything open ended.

Is Court Lady Noh a traveler? Maybe. Does she have that scar? No. Maybe it has something to do with the flute being broken and maybe she was brought here with the working flute (who knows why once again... couldn't find a Court Lady in all of the Kingdom of Korea? The show isn't intelligent or smart and has not revealed anything to us, just more open ended garbage).

Amy1009:

I find it funny that some people are telling others not watch the drama if they don't like it when that's exactly why Korean viewers stopped watching it. There are probably people there who are watching this drama hoping it gets better even though they don't love it, which would mean even less rating if they decide to stop watching. Anyway I myself have dropped it. I can't bear to continue watching only to be royally disappointed.

People should just live their own lives and stop dictating other people how to live theirs haha 

—I recommend watching mystic pop up bar if you haven’t check it out already since you dropped eternal king  lol 

@knavery 

I also think it has to do with this show is still being filmed and not Pre-produced as they were once aiming for. They’re forgetting the things they introduced and/or adjusting things to their whims to try to attract viewers back. 

—I agree! I’m getting tired of people arguing that viewers who criticize don’t understand what’s going on because it’s too intelligent for us  and that we are expecting to be fed. That’s far from it, the story is not being presented well and there’s so many fallacies and inconsistencies and bad editing. People who pretend to get it, are just coasting by the comedic or love scenes. They’re lying to themselves if they think they understand what’s going on completely and think this show is for those who attend Ivy League schools lol 

—seriously, we barely learned any answers to the many questions presented. Instead they give us bucketful of new characters every week and pretty looking scenes and moments to distract us from the emptiness within LOL

I don't believe it will be a clear ending for everyone in this story eather.

The main reason: the plot escallated way to quickly in the last 2 weeks.  

My thoughts are pendulling between an open ending or a bittersweet closure.   It's quite obvious at this point. 

But overall is was good.  Here goes my two cents. ^°^

I highly doubt they will be able to end even half of the story threads they have going in a way that makes any sense.

The whole thing is a mess, and yet they keeping adding story lines that can't possibly hold much weight going into the final 4 eps. Also they've completely ignored the savior arc for at least 4 eps, kind of proving how shallow it was to begin with.

EDIT: Still frustrated how slow the first 1/2-2/3 was making these last few eps super rushed.

@Knavery yes to everything you said.

We are 12 episodes in but the plot is still on episode 1.  They keep throwing a bunch of interesting twists but they don't answer anything. So far all we know is Lee Lim and the PM are just bad to be bad. There is no emotional connection, no villain origin story. They have so many characters with great potential for interesting plot and they just skim over it. Like what's up with the cousins that are next in line to the throne. Why can't the oldest son be the heir? Why does it have to be Se Jin? And who is Se Jin? I have a feeling that is another character they are going to throw in the mix.  And where in the world does the chief go out to at night????? I fear they will never answer that lol.