@luyi

Thank you for this great list of fanfics!

Reading well-written stories really helps with drama withdrawal.

On a side note, there are many valuable fanarts and bits on twitter and Instagram.

It's a great time to be a fan.

Jurianne:

@luyi

Thank you for this great list of fanfics!

Reading well-written stories really helps with drama withdrawal.

On a side note, there are many valuable fanarts and bits on twitter and Instagram.

It's a great time to be a fan.

My pleasure!  I never used to understand the appeal of fanfics but I totally get it now.  It's the combination of a great story with characters you can't let go of and well-written fics that allow said characters to live on...  I really highly recommend AO3, there's many more good fics to be found.  The list is just a starting point.

And yes!  Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram are also a treasure trove of fanart, videos, etc!  

@luyi, I take the liberty to re-posting your link of Wei Wuxian - On Loving Lan Wangji here for the convenience of our fellow fans. Hope you don't mind. :)

Of course not!  Here's another link:  Who fell in love first?

i found it months ago .. awesome fan art

https://wratshit.tumblr.com/ 

the untamed trailer 陈情令 (some fans are definitely on another level  )
https://youtu.be/3mVGYSzg-Pk 

luyi:

My pleasure!  I never used to understand the appeal of fanfics but I totally get it now.  It's the combination of a great story with characters you can't let go of and well-written fics that allow said characters to live on...  I really highly recommend AO3, there's many more good fics to be found.  The list is just a starting point.

And yes!  Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram are also a treasure trove of fanart, videos, etc!  

Aaah... luyi... I found the AO3 MDZS FFs and OMG.... I should never have started reading, because I'm soooo addicted and obsessed. First I read the stories with the most kudos, but after I while I filtered, incl. omegaverse stories (first time I heard about A/B/O and male pregnancies!!). Since the Untamed/MDZS was my first BL story I had no idea that there were so many dedicated fans. There are over 8000 FFs on AO3 alone (over 5000 in English). 

Like you I never understood appeal of FFs. I only read TMOPB FFs so far, but MDZS is such a larger world and fandom. Unbelievable. I didn't know it was possible but because of the FFs I became even more obsessed with this beautiful love story. I can't stop reading now... (whilst I have a new business to run and totally swamped). Some stories are so angsty and makes me cry so much. My hubby shakes his head everyday... 

Promised ChineseDramaFan to post the calming song that LZ played for WY :). Lyrics are beautiful! Title ‘You still don't understand my heart'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9SYsEYRao&list=PLtfE0Pq1v22lpqHWfkj6LBjNVmZSR5Ao5

Emma:

Promised ChineseDramaFan to post the calming song that LZ played for WY :). Lyrics are beautiful! Title ‘You still don't understand my heart'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9SYsEYRao&list=PLtfE0Pq1v22lpqHWfkj6LBjNVmZSR5Ao5

I have been waiting for your news for days, and here you are posting this song. You're killing me. Are you indicating something as in this song? XD XD XD

Jokes aside, yes, this is a beautiful song. Now we can tie the lyrics of this song to those scenes when Lan Zhan plays the "Cleansing" tune (Qing Xin Yin) for Wei Ying when he's wounded. With an even better understanding of how Lan Zhan is feeling while playing his guqin at those moments gives us an even higher level of appreciation of the characters and the CQL team for coming up with such brilliant ideas. For the non-Chinese speakers, I'd like to share this wonderful lyrics with you:

You say I'm like the clouds, cannot be understood
Actually you don't understand my heart

You say I'm like a dream, suddenly further and suddenly closer
Actually you don't understand my heart

You say I'm like a puzzle, cannot be seen through
Actually I don't care to hide my true heart

I'm scared I can't shoulder my strong affection for you
That's why I don't dare to be too close to you

You say you want to leave, I cry silently
I won't let you see the tears in my eyes

Almost everything mentioned in the lyrics happens in the story. Let me know if it wrenches your hearts. The next time when you re-watch those scenes, maybe you'll be feeling very differently.

Emma:
Aaah... luyi... I found the AO3 MDZS FFs and OMG.... I should never have started reading, because I'm soooo addicted and obsessed. First I read the stories with the most kudos, but after I while I filtered, incl. omegaverse stories (first time I heard about A/B/O and male pregnancies!!). Since the Untamed/MDZS was my first BL story I had no idea that there were so many dedicated fans. There are over 8000 FFs on AO3 alone (over 5000 in English).

I consider my mission a success now that I've hooked someone on AO3 lol!  I totally know what you mean!  My first omegaverse story and I was like... what's happening..??   I still don't quite understand some aspects of it, but totally addicted to AO3 in general.  There are so many good fics!!  I LOVE angsty ones (as long as it ends well!).  I love that I can read on my phone, whenever I get a moment in between things during the day.  My hubby is also used to me staring at my phone screen/AO3 page all the time lol.

Unlike many people on MDL, I haven't even seen the anime or listened to the audio drama yet, because I'm still in the thick of reading fanfics.  There's just so many.... but filters are the best!

@luyi. i love the angsty ones the most too. so far this one made me cry the most.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19168585/chapters/45562858

and chapter 2 of this story https://archiveofourown.org/works/18022046/chapters/43383935#workskin

explained the omgaverse universe so very well. it helped me a lot. this story 'exclusively yours' is a very nice one too. 

One that I love about Mpreg but very well explained without any Omega dynanics is this one

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20459813/chapters/48545195

Aaah... there are too many too mention. I love those modern fluffy ones too. or the one shots. really depends on my mood at the moment. I havent read the three very long stories with the most kudos though. those are over 200.000 words. Im saving them when I have time like on holidays. its self preservation too. I wont sleep when I start Im afraid

@CDF. thank you so much for translating!! 

Does  anyone know a way to watch in the United States:  the Untamed Concerts  on November 1st & 2nd ?   I heard Tencent Video is streaming it for a cost but only in China.  Also does anyone know where I can find/buy the Thailand Fan Meeting with Eng Subs?  Thank you!  

CqlisMdzs:

@ChineseDramaFan

Do you wanna kill me with the lyrics?! Isn't this song too perfect a fit for LZ's feelings? Clouds? Dreams? Really now!

You say you want to leave, I cry silently
I won't let you see the tears in my eyes
  (Just... wow. If this isn't about that heartbreaking rain scene, I don't know what it's about.)

I'm pretty sure the writer time-traveled and penned this song after MDZS/CQL happened, there's no other explanation.

Seriously though, thanks you so so much for translating. Beautiful song. 

I know right. Before @Emma posted the old song, I found the Qing Xin Yin tune very pleasing and calming. But once I read the lyrics, it was an epiphany for me. Everything just falls into place so perfectly. With these lyrics, I can empathize with Lan Zhan and the roller coastal emotions he is going through. The whole thing just lifts up to a even higher level.