How To Create A Youku Account

Please note, many translations may not be accurate but do get the job done. If you need any help feel free to comment and I will try my best to assist you as I'm sure will many others.

After navigating to the Youku Website, Click the icon in the top-right corner. (Pictured Below) 

Next, click the large blue button at the bottom of the bar. This will log us in and register new users.

Ignore everything else for now and click the bottom-left text in the pop-up box.  免费注册  = Free Registration

This looks complicated but take it a step at a time. 

Step 1: We choose our number area code. If you're not sure what code you should use check here for a list of countries and their respective area prefix. E.g +44 is used in the UK and stands in place of the beginning 0 in mobile number.

Step 2: After selecting your code, enter your mobile number (minus the prefix already selected e.x My mobile starts with 079 and +44 is my area prefix which replaces the zero, meaning I only type 79-)

Step 3: Click this blue text (as shown below) This sends a code to your mobile (No charge!) for you to input in the adjoining section (Step 4)

Step 5: Click the large blue button, by which you agree to the terms linked underneath the button and register successfully. 

If you aren't automatically logged in, navigate back to this screen (see first and second images)

Step 1: Your mobile number and prefix (See above)

Step 2: Send the code and then input it once received.

Step 3: Log-in!

This next part is optional but you may wish to do it. (Adding an avatar and username & Connecting an email and password)

1: Hover over the icon in the right corner.

2: Click the text as shown in the image below.

Step 1: Press the fifth button below your blank avatar 个人设置 = Personal settings

Step 2: 修改头像 = Modify avatar (After clicking press the button in the middle of the blank character to select an image and then the blue button to save)

Step 3: 修改昵称 = Change username (Must be in Chinese characters, I used a rough translation of the meaning of my name. Once done press the right button 完成 = Complete)

Step 4: 账号设置  = Account settings. Here we can set an email and password so as to avoid having to enter a code when logging-in.

Step 1: 邮箱  = Mailbox. The highlighted 修改 = Modify. This process mirrors the mobile set-up. You may need to check your spam folder, The code is easily identifiable. 

Step 2: 登录密码  = Login password and 修改 = Modify.

You may need to identify yourself for this. On this page, you will see your mobile number censored above two boxes. The second box reads 获取短信校验码  = Send SMS verification code, click this and wait for the code and then type this into the first box; lastly pressing the blue button. Typing in a password follows the usual methods.

Now you can log-in using your email and password. Navigate to the sign-in page and click the right button. Fill it in and press the big blue button. Done!

Wow! Thank you for this!

Hi, I also subscribe to Youku  on my phone but I just click the 1 year subscription ( a little bit to excited?) do you know how to cancel it after the show?  I cannot find it in my settings.. Thank you

Thank you so much<3

Is anyone else having problems getting Youku to send the verification code to your phone?  I have tried and tried, but the text message is never delivered.  

@princesspianista same problem here

Arang:

@princesspianista same problem here

PrincessPianista:

Is anyone else having problems getting Youku to send the verification code to your phone?  I have tried and tried, but the text message is never delivered.  

Hmm. Okay. Let me see what I can suggest.

Are you typing your number in correctly? (with the correct prefix)

Does an error appear, if so are you able to copy and paste it into Google translate?

Has a countdown appeared next to the sendcode button for you to try sending it again?

Have you checked your mobile to make sure you are receiving incoming SMS messages?

Mem1011:

Hi, I also subscribe to Youku  on my phone but I just click the 1 year subscription ( a little bit to excited?) do you know how to cancel it after the show?  I cannot find it in my settings.. Thank you

I'm really sorry, I do not know how to go about doing that. I'm using my laptop and paid via a giftcard code. Have you tried looking on Google? 

ChareonDaw:

Hmm. Okay. Let me see what I can suggest.

Are you typing your number in correctly? (with the correct prefix)

Does an error appear, if so are you able to copy and paste it into Google translate?

Has a countdown appeared next to the sendcode button for you to try sending it again?

Have you checked your mobile to make sure you are receiving incoming SMS messages?

Thank you for trying to help me! I’ve been having the same problem trying to sign up for Weibo for about a year now. So frustrating. 

To answer your questions:

I am in the US so I used a 1 as the prefix and then typed my number without spaces or hyphens. 

I don’t get any error message, just that the text message never arrives.  I checked whether I’m receiving sms like you said and I am. I’ve never had a problem getting texts before except from Youku and Weibo’s signup pages. 

Yes, there is a countdown. 

Thank you so much!

PrincessPianista:

Thank you for trying to help me! I’ve been having the same problem trying to sign up for Weibo for about a year now. So frustrating. 

To answer your questions:

I am in the US so I used a 1 as the prefix and then typed my number without spaces or hyphens. 

I don’t get any error message, just that the text message never arrives.  I checked whether I’m receiving sms like you said and I am. I’ve never had a problem getting texts before except from Youku and Weibo’s signup pages. 

Yes, there is a countdown. 

Thank you so much!

Hi! After taking a quick look I noticed two +1 prefixes listed in the dropdown. 

美国 = United States

加拿大 = Canada

Maybe this is causing an issue? I've also attached an image below for reference. Youku states that it could take up to 15mins to receive a confirmation text. (Disclaimer for MDL- The number is fake)

HEY! So I am from India and I just bought a activation code for Youku VIP on Seagm! But how do I use it? what should I do? It would be amazing if you could please help me out :')

Magblueroses:

HEY! So I am from India and I just bought a activation code for Youku VIP on Seagm! But how do I use it? what should I do? It would be amazing if you could please help me out :')

Hello! Once you've received your code (which could take up to 24hrd) Log into your Youku account and then enter this into your address bar. https://h5.vip.youku.com/active_card

The website will load and then you can copy and paste (or manually) add your code into the box and hit the large golden button. Done!

ChareonDaw:

Hello! Once you've received your code (which could take up to 24hrd) Log into your Youku account and then enter this into your address bar. https://h5.vip.youku.com/active_card

The website will load and then you can copy and paste (or manually) add your code into the box and hit the large golden button. Done!

Thank you! I'll try it out!

I actually got the code immediately! Hopefully it works... *fingers crossed*

I GOT IT!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I GOT YOUKU VIP AND NOW I'LL GO CRY / WATCH... :')

Magblueroses:

I GOT IT!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I GOT YOUKU VIP AND NOW I'LL GO CRY / WATCH... :')

Yay! Glad to have helped. :D