So I'm guessing maybe the ML and FL fall in love with one another at 25 and 21 yo and decide to get married but the mom doesn't support it but they get married anyways ignoring her moms wishes seeing her daughter's resilience the mom unwillingly gives in to NHD's wishes and reluctantly attends their wedding. But after marriage things start to get rough and NHD and BYJ relationship start to experience rough waves due to their careers. They might start to lose that spark they had in the beginning of their relationship so they decide to separate and focus on their respective careers. And NHD's mother saying something along the libes "I always knew he wasn't right for you" . But just as this happens NHD discovers she is pregnant with BYJ child and she decides to keep it but doesn't want to burden BYJ with this news. So she keeps it to herself. Fast forward kim min Chae realizes that NHD really loved BYJ and tries to bring them together with the help of her grandmother who now has developed a soft spot for beak yi jin after seeing his struggles and rise in life. BYJ and NHD reunite and realize they're still very much in love and get married this time with proper blessings from her mother and daughter. Also i think BYJ changed his surname to KIM. So kim min Chae. Seeing this on screen would be refreshing because it would be different than the happily ever after we're so used to ig. But it would be so confusing that BYJ wouldn't know that he has a daughter with all the technology we have today. Or maybe he thought NHD moved on and had a child from someone else. Or maybe they had a mutual consent to never contact one another directly. Do tell me what you guys think? 

silence_is_golden:

I think the end game is gonna be bittersweet, both ML and FL won't end up with each other, but seriously the writer is really playing with our heads 

Yes, the writer has been successful in confusing us.

Izyda:

I think their love story might be sad. Perhaps, due to the financial problems of his family, they will not be able to be together? Maybe Na Hee Do's daughter's father will be her chat friend? Because she is probably not married, since her mother never gave her wedding rings? Or maybe Injeolmi (chat friend) is a girl, because the name means rice cake; possibly it may be this person's favorite delicacy?

Her chat friend is the gold medal girl

What I think is that they somehow had a happy time with each other and had a break-up and they're all good now since NHD's mother said, "I saw him last month". Based on my not-so-logical speculations, maybe Kim Min Chae is adopted or a friend's daughter or something like that which usually happens in K-dramas cause I can't think of anything else at this point, how could it even be possible that the once so lovely and charismatic and talkative Na Hee Do isn't in contact with Baek Yi Jin. What I thought at the start was that maybe they changed their surname and Yi Jin and Hee Do are still married, that's before NHD's mother said "I saw him last month" or was it met? Anyways, it's not possible. Since Min Chae said, "mom's ex-boyfriend", I could think only of this.

About the ending, it's really so unpredictable, the story's good at keeping us at an edge but what I guess it would end like is, Min Chae finding out who her father is (or does she know it already but we don't?) and maybe Yi Jin and Hee Do clearing out what made them break up and get back together or maybe become best friends at least?

What I'm even more curious about now is how Yu Rim and the class seven's pretty boy's relationship is going to end up like and what's going to happen with the school's no. 1 girl aka Seung Wan? Any theories or guesses?

You guys.language is everything.., the daughter started off by saying “that boy” must be her ex-boyfriend (the mom,s)

Okay guys I have a very strong feeling that Yijin is her husband. They are both obviously gonna go through a lot, a happy ending would make more sense for the story. The beginning and the middle will already have a lot of angst, I don't think they'll make the ending bittersweet too. Someone earlier suggested that perhaps it is Heedo's mother who has a memory related condition and I think that's a very interesting perspective. He must've changed his name or they both must've adopted the daughter and decided not to change her given name. But either way, I think they are the ones who are married to each other. 

Given the start of this new episode. I have a strong feeling that the theory "baek yijin changed his name" is the correct one. he must have been a renowned investigative reporter/journalist right now that is why he(the older yijin/present yijin) has not showed up yet. I am dead set on believing that na heedo's mom is really against their relationship and that continued on for a long time. It might be that at present nhd's mom have been trying to reach out and fix the relationship between her and yijin and with her child heedo. It might also be that the relationship between yijin and heedo's mom turned sour and until now yijin is still reluctant to be able to communicate with the mother which might explain the face of heedo when the mom said that yijin and her met. The reaction of heedo when the mother said that she met yijin might be an expression of worry as in the past, things are not good between them(mother and yijin) and heedo was shocked that they even met without hearing anything bad from the reunion.

I have a strong feeling that drama has a happy ending. The writer is just trying to confuse the viewers. Others suggested that Hee Do's mom has memory condition or Dimentia perhaps that' what I thought as well. The daughter's last name is Kim wherein Yi Jin's mother's last name is Kim as well, they probably changed their last name for a reason. 

I know this is probably my wishful thinking, but in the early episodes the writer and PD tried hard to make us think BYJ is Injeolmi (the shot was literally move from Heedo chatting with Injeolmi to Yijin closing the laptop with smiley face). So I think with who is the father question, it's going to be the same. They tried so hard to convince us it's not BYJ, but in the end it will be BYJ. 

I can't wrap around theories rn.. one thing i know forsure, that i will flip out if Na hee do doesn't end up with yi jin

pbjcruffin:

I know this is probably my wishful thinking, but in the early episodes the writer and PD tried hard to make us think BYJ is Injeolmi (the shot was literally move from Heedo chatting with Injeolmi to Yijin closing the laptop with smiley face). So I think with who is the father question, it's going to be the same. They tried so hard to convince us it's not BYJ, but in the end it will be BYJ. 

I agree.. we are on ep 8, and we are witnessing initial attraction..

I just think this is going to be journey of falling in love.. and they are very much together.

1. Ep 7 confirms that Min Jae has a dad, hee do is happily married, daddy is in quarantine (bite me if the one traveling during corona is not a journalist :P .. who else COULD TRAVEL? )

2. ep 8.. and they are still not fully in love.. this is long haul

3. it is kdrama, but ofcourse young face is not equal to old face.. think reply series.. lol.. no you can't recognize your dad from a 20 yr old photo.. and he definitely changed name

also this drama is happy vibe.. sad ending just doesn't go with the overall theme..

they are taking their sweet time with the love story as they are taking it with HD-YR friendship.. enemy to besties

Maybe Yi Jin made Hee Do upset and angry and she went clubbing +  drink soju and then met Mr Kim ... then One night stand ... then baby + Marriage and then heartbroken Yi Jin flied abroad for years ... 

Does that make sense?...

OneAjhussi:

Maybe Yi Jin made Hee Do upset and angry and she went clubbing +  drink soju and then met Mr Kim ... then One night stand ... then baby + Marriage and then heartbroken Yi Jin flied abroad for years ... 

Does that make sense?...

I don't think it does, the way Hee do's personality is portrayed it is more likely that the child is adopted or she had the child with somebody she loves rather than one-night stands. She might seem impulsive but she's not that way.

Xie Lalisa The Lil Kid:

I don't think it does, the way Hee do's personality is portrayed it is more likely that the child is adopted or she had the child with somebody she loves rather than one-night stands. She might seem impulsive but she's not that way.

I agree