rabbitcasa:

They changed the plot. In the novel, it was Qiu Qiu's father who was involved. I don't think CSS's father died, though he may be badly injured.

Could I know what happened that the Cheng family are in jail please? And then CSS had to leave as well...

dramafeast:

Could I know what happened that the Cheng family are in jail please? And then CSS had to leave as well...

The drama is different to the book. It was meant to be Wan Songbai (Qi Qi's father) who got implicated and then the Cheng siblings went to help him uncover the truth. The drama has changed this plot line quite a bit so no idea what is going to happen. 

I'm assuming they're keeping the case true to the book but swapping out the Wan family for the Cheng family. In this case it would be Lou Yao's brother who colluded with the enemy.

Tetothegremlin:

The drama is different to the book. It was meant to be Wan Songbai (Qi Qi's father) who got implicated and then the Cheng siblings went to help him uncover the truth. The drama has changed this plot line quite a bit so no idea what is going to happen. 

I'm assuming they're keeping the case true to the book but swapping out the Wan family for the Cheng family. In this case it would be Lou Yao's brother who colluded with the enemy.

Thank you?

There is a suggestion in preview 46 that Lou Yao's wife kills herself. From what I read on this thread, the couple end up living happily in the novel, is that correct? 

hell59:

There is a suggestion in preview 46 that Lou Yao's wife kills herself. From what I read on this thread, the couple end up living happily in the novel, is that correct? 

I think there’s some confusion. In episode 46 preview, the person walking towards the water is Lou Ben’s wife, Wan Yanji. According to the books she doesn’t kill herself and has an important role to play in the later part of the story. He Zhaojun doesn’t die.

Tetothegremlin:

I think there’s some confusion. In episode 46 preview, the person walking towards the water is Lou Ben’s wife, Wan Yanji. According to the books she doesn’t kill herself and has an important role to play in the later part of the story. He Zhaojun doesn’t die.

Thanks for clarifying us, It seems like there is something fishy behind Lou Yao's brother. I guess he was involved behind qiqi's/shaoshang father to framed them.

Lou Yao's brother is definitely involved. Not sure whether they change it in the drama, but in the novel, the motive for his schemes was to earn merit himself in the court and then further devoted his talent for the country after being recognized. Since his uncle kept blocking his path for career advancement, despite he being the most talented person in his family, he saw there was no chance for his talent to be acknowledged unless he resorted to the underhanded ways. He went too far and many innocent lives were lost in his schemes, a cost that he called 'sacrifice for greater good'.

His action was the catalyst for many things that happened later in the novel (that I'm not sure whether it will be included in the drama).

I dislike his character in the novel. In spite of his talent, he is of twisted mind, arrogant and very self-centered. What LBY said abt him was spot-on: he was not deserved a person like Wan Yanji, even he treated her well, the one was most important to him was himself and his urge for being acknowledged.

@tetothegremlin, thank you so much for answering my question! I was confused.

That's why wan yanji/Luo Ben's wife revenge?

cocoppa:

That's why wan yanji/Luo Ben's wife revenge?

Yeah that’s right. In the novel after LBY/HBY and SS get back together, they realise that Wan Yanji has been plotting to get revenge on LBY/HBY for the death of her husband. You might have seen it in one of the drama spoilers, but there’s a scene where SS runs into his arms and she’s covered in what looks like ashes. This scene is towards the end of the novel where they work on stopping Wan Yanji.

hell59:

@tetothegremlin, thank you so much for answering my question! I was confused.

You’re very welcome.

I do really love the drama. The actors are perfect for their roles and everything is just amazing, however I wished they added some of the smaller sweet moments between LBY/HBY and SS. I feel like these moments are so important for their relationship development and they’re just super sweet. For example when they were walking into the Liang house to investigate the murder, SS made a comment about how beautiful the mansion was and then LBY said that one they’re married she can decorate the house however she likes. They also had a very sweet moment just before entering the mansion. These are just a few of those moments that help build up their relationship and I wished that they added them in. BUT they are compressing 179 chapters+ maybe some of the epilogue into 59 episodes haha so it’s probably difficult to add all these details in. Really hoping that a properly translated English version of the book gets released. I’m pretty sure the Google translated version is not doing the book justice. ?

it will take a lot of time to get that novel translated - and yes, google translation doesn't give any justice to it!

Just finished watching Ep41... it was really nice one :)
Ep 42 - so the defection plot already started
and based on the preview we can expect massacre in ep 48 or 49 if they will break it on the last scene from preview...
that means that we will have  at least 8 episodes covering up 5 years break up and reconciling part

vesca:

it will take a lot of time to get that novel translated - and yes, google translation doesn't give any justice to it!

Just finished watching Ep41... it was really nice one :)
Ep 42 - so the defection plot already started
and based on the preview we can expect massacre in ep 48 or 49 if they will break it on the last scene from preview...
that means that we will have  at least 8 episodes covering up 5 years break up and reconciling part

Episode 41 was so adorable. 

Yeah looks like 49 will be the turning point with the massacre. That means that we only have 6 episodes to cover the final portion which isn’t much!

My guess is that episode 48 will contain some of the massacre, 49 will be the breakup, SS falling ill. The 5 year separation will probably be episode 50 & 51, LBY will come back as HBY maybe episode 52. Omg that only leaves 4 episodes for the reconciliation and the final battle with Wan Yanji in the underground palace. Omg and the wedding too! I hope they’re able to add a wedding into the drama. I would love to see some of the epilogue scenes but I don’t know how they’re going to fit everything in. 

Only way I can see it happening is if they condense the 5 year separation into 1 episode, maybe remove the Lou Jitong part, shorten the reconciliation period (HBY trying to win back SS) which means that the Queen is going to die fairly soon, SS heads off to scatter her ashes, at which point the couple will reconcile. Woaw there’s a lot to cover in a small number of episodes. Only way to do that is to cut out a lot of what happens between chapters 139 + 179 in the book. 

We’ll just have to wait and see!