Can someone tell me if it gets any better after thr 3ep? I actually find Do Hyeons behaviour disgusting. He threathens…
It is mixture of jealousy and what would your parents not aprove of or prohibit you doing. It's sort of is probably the result of them spending so long time together including knowing their parents. Weaknesses. Strengths. At the same time I never felt like the counterpart never has an option in fact I think he has plenty of options to just take his things and leave but he decides not to do so despite complaining too much about everything. I agree this Dynamic might not be for everyone at the same time I I think they picture well transition of being like a family to becoming partners. I think you mentioned you checked out only up to the third episode? What I said about the other character having a choice to live and it's being even verbalized comes later in the episodes. Again this Dynamic my sound, feel and look like it is toxic from certain angle.
There will not be any nc scenes. They already hinted very heavily that they have sex regularly since ep 6, 7,…
yes, and i didn't know that before, but if you ask me, it does not belong there. too many ppl will be in group "too much" for them while too many will be in "not enough" group. it is loss on both sides (to potential mostly).
I think I'll be the bad guy here and guess what you mean. I also feel like they love to shove ZeeNunew and James…
you would have to explore further though, because i have multiple reasons for each. if it is what it looks like from your comment, than that is only small part of the problem for me, only tip of the iceberg ๐ฅน
There will not be any nc scenes. They already hinted very heavily that they have sex regularly since ep 6, 7,…
...is a dive deep and further exploration of what i meant when i said "If they are a standard gay couple, then, don't be confused, they absolutely have to do it โ" Hi, kreplach ๐ How is it going? ๐
There will not be any nc scenes. They already hinted very heavily that they have sex regularly since ep 6, 7,…
Call it a mix of experience, personal preference, and a combination of conventions and genres.
There is no problem if a show does not have โ well, idk who categorized it as an NC scene โ a love scene or a kissing scene if it is not a partner scene where one of them is over 30 (character or actor). If there are shows these days with characters under 20, then not being able to portray this kind of intimacy is embarrassing, to say the least. Again, it is understandable if it is because the show is on TV in Japan, in which case I question why they put a gay story on TV if that is such an issue in the first place. But that is a separate problem.
I think the show is really good, period.
That does not make the fact that we have a 30+yo actor who cannot be portrayed in standard dating situations properly any less embarrassing. Relationship-wise, acting-wise, storytelling-wise, I think the show is really good.
It is a pity it was supposed to be a romance, because in that category it falls straight through the bar and right into the city sewer. That is what I am talking about.
If they are a standard gay couple, then, don't be confused, they absolutely have to do it โ unless they claim to be an asexual couple, in which case that is absolutely fine. But the combination of โgayโ and โmaleโ makes me rather unlikely to assume that without some explanation.
But we have here a standard gay couple: one has obviously dated before, the other went from exclusively heterosexual relationships to being with a man โ so far, anyway, unless there is something we don't know yet โ and we can't even portray that properly?
To say the least.
And if you really want to omit sex from the discussion, then because we have two men, I would expect two particular struggles: from the gay character, the fear of choosing someone who has only ever been heterosexual, along with the potential threats and complications that come with that; and from the previously exclusively heterosexual character, coming to terms with his sexuality as it is now.
We are absolutely skipping and romanticizing these parts, glazing over them and pretending nothing like this exists, which makes the characters unbearably flat.
So what purpose does sex serve in a story like this? Well, it is a tool for dealing with these two absolutely essential issues. If you don't address them somehow, your story becomes a puddle of nonsense.
> โYou don't need to have sex to show that you love somebody.โ
a) If it is not fantasy, you need to make it realistic and explain everything that does not fit the expected reality, more or less.
b) I would love you to explain that to your partner: โHey, we don't need to have sex to show each other love.โ For the record, you don't have to โ and I agree with that.
c) Sex is a tool. A strong one. You don't have to show it, yes, but don't expect nobody to notice and address its absence, especially when the story calls for it.
But hey, that is just me, and it only reflects my preferences, as it should, since I wrote the initial commentary. :)
The chemistry is strong, the story is recurrent and reused, same old, same old, but done in a good way for me. So far, so good. I am entirely unhappy about them referencing or having ZeeNunew make appearances all the time, though (for specific reasons Iโm not going to go into here). I am also unhappy about James here (for various reasons Iโm not going to go into here). None of this has any impact on my objectivity about the series, but it does have a negative effect on my personal experience. Whoever wants to say anything about what I just saidโyouโve just eaten your words, so serve yourself.
I will be honest, I don't think they will do it, the sex scene, but I don't think is gonna ruin the show if they…
ok, i retract a little, i didnt know nor did i see a reason for it to be on tv - and since it is Japan, well... expectable, but great fuck up to the storytelling and the characters unfortunatelly
I will be honest, I don't think they will do it, the sex scene, but I don't think is gonna ruin the show if they…
Iโve supposedly seen the series, but nothing is left of it in my brain, or at least not right now. Low budgets usually arenโt an obstacle to proper intimacy scenes โ at least, they donโt have to be. I donโt know what happened with this one, but thanks to that, on this scale, itโs a great disappointment and gets minus points from me.
I hoped weโd finally get a sister or a brother in this series for OFC, but alas, I was wrong. Not that I mind. Exceptional series might just be that rare. ๐
There will not be any nc scenes. They already hinted very heavily that they have sex regularly since ep 6, 7,…
...i hope you don't mean the sleepover five year old do? No. They haven't hinted anything at all, let alone heavily. And "So please manage your expectations." sounds like telling people what to do, so please, don't.
These dads are a definition of "if the mother knew, they would be the one not sleeping at home tonight". :D Lovely that despite their flaws such as rivarly and blindness, we still see that they love their kids. But they are dads. As simple as that. I love the choices of actors for these roles too. Pity we see only speck of the mamas (ah - ahhhh! so it WAS intentional, right?) - esp. Sun's mom. It would be even more glorious seeing some open arguments between the parents... but then again, most functional moms can restore order where it matters. :) Lovely, i now see clearly that the real clash was all about the dads and their sons.
Okay, this is horrifying, but why do I hear Czech being spoken there, and what is going on with every second gay/bromance series having Czech language, Czech actors, or the names of Czech cities in it (currently airing 2 korean series)?
Hi, kreplach ๐ How is it going? ๐
There is no problem if a show does not have โ well, idk who categorized it as an NC scene โ a love scene or a kissing scene if it is not a partner scene where one of them is over 30 (character or actor). If there are shows these days with characters under 20, then not being able to portray this kind of intimacy is embarrassing, to say the least. Again, it is understandable if it is because the show is on TV in Japan, in which case I question why they put a gay story on TV if that is such an issue in the first place. But that is a separate problem.
I think the show is really good, period.
That does not make the fact that we have a 30+yo actor who cannot be portrayed in standard dating situations properly any less embarrassing. Relationship-wise, acting-wise, storytelling-wise, I think the show is really good.
It is a pity it was supposed to be a romance, because in that category it falls straight through the bar and right into the city sewer. That is what I am talking about.
If they are a standard gay couple, then, don't be confused, they absolutely have to do it โ unless they claim to be an asexual couple, in which case that is absolutely fine. But the combination of โgayโ and โmaleโ makes me rather unlikely to assume that without some explanation.
But we have here a standard gay couple: one has obviously dated before, the other went from exclusively heterosexual relationships to being with a man โ so far, anyway, unless there is something we don't know yet โ and we can't even portray that properly?
To say the least.
And if you really want to omit sex from the discussion, then because we have two men, I would expect two particular struggles: from the gay character, the fear of choosing someone who has only ever been heterosexual, along with the potential threats and complications that come with that; and from the previously exclusively heterosexual character, coming to terms with his sexuality as it is now.
We are absolutely skipping and romanticizing these parts, glazing over them and pretending nothing like this exists, which makes the characters unbearably flat.
So what purpose does sex serve in a story like this? Well, it is a tool for dealing with these two absolutely essential issues. If you don't address them somehow, your story becomes a puddle of nonsense.
> โYou don't need to have sex to show that you love somebody.โ
a) If it is not fantasy, you need to make it realistic and explain everything that does not fit the expected reality, more or less.
b) I would love you to explain that to your partner: โHey, we don't need to have sex to show each other love.โ For the record, you don't have to โ and I agree with that.
c) Sex is a tool. A strong one. You don't have to show it, yes, but don't expect nobody to notice and address its absence, especially when the story calls for it.
But hey, that is just me, and it only reflects my preferences, as it should, since I wrote the initial commentary. :)
I hoped weโd finally get a sister or a brother in this series for OFC, but alas, I was wrong. Not that I mind. Exceptional series might just be that rare. ๐