That whole scene of Yumi always being bored when she's not in relationship.... really...? -.-
I had the same reaction. Does she have no hobbies, interests, friends...... her diaries reflected none of her personality. Not healthy. This is the main issue I've had with her character actually.... she isn't a balanced person. I understand that people find her relatable and there are definitely things I relate to with her but she also seems like the worlds most boring person who has a singular focus on her romantic relationships where the burden on the other person to be her perfect companion is way too high.
6/20 and I have nothing but praise for PEB. I've seen quite the amount of crossdressing dramas and 99% of the…
I feel the same way!!! I have never fully "bought" the girl playing boy trope until this one. To the point where I even crush on PEB as the Prince!!! She is by far the most believable girl prince in any drama I've watched.....
Fandy Fan has a new Stan. He was incredible and I hope to see much more of him as a ML in the future. My only nitpick with More Than Blue was that I wish he was given much more screen time.
I love this show so much!!!! Moo Hak is written so well and Kim Min Jae gives him so much life!!! Strong, Kind, Smart, Honest, Earnest, Protective ..... becoming one of my top 5 ML characters ever.
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Yumi? I feel like she's very superficial and quite annoying...
I generally feel the same way. She's too calculating, controlling, narcissistic and flawed without having enough charm and counterbalancing good qualities. People are saying that's just being a realistic character but I don't agree.
Both Bo Gum and Gong Yoo can literally make me cry without saying anything. Both are so powerful just by virtue of what their eyes can convey alone. This movie should have been a drama.... even if it would have been only 10 episodes. Less than 2 hours just couldn't do this beautiful heart wrenching story justice. Still a 10/10 for me.
But how many episodes you watch? I think she was this kind only first 2-3 episodes, and for me. as for 30 years…
I'm on episode 12 and she hasn't changed or grown yet. She's just not very likable. It's ok to be depressed and to go through this kind of patch in life but I don't know if I have seen her smile a single time in 12 episodes. There should be some sparks of what she was like before, some sparks of what makes him attracted to her. As she is portrayed it just makes it difficult to believe he is so head over heels in love with her. She's very FLAT.
This is a soothing sweet drama but the FL is miserable and has a very negative off putting personality. I wish they had written her character with much more dimension and more lighthearted, charming moments to balance her depression & seriousness because it makes it difficult to believe in his incredible romantic love for her when she's *always* negative, depressed, sour faced and not really interesting or charismatic. I also wish they gave her a different haircut.
This is definitely a fantasy romance for all of us Noona's because I don't think ML would be so dedicated to this Noona with this kind of personality & looks in real life lol
The Childhood scenes are by far the best part and the ML *heart eyes* is extremely!!!!! sexy and charismatic/charming. I hope to see him in many more modern lead roles because I think he absolutely shines in this drama and has A LOT of chemistry on screen.
the character in the novel is written to be 19. and trust me, the FL in the novel is so much more immature. but…
The insane fandom reactions to these shows always boggle my mind. As you said, a lead character will always be scrutinized and their fans inability to tolerate criticism does the idol no favors.
Yeo Jin Goo has never been hotter than in this. I am so glad it's coming to Netflix so many more people can experience this beautiful drama and Jin Goo's amazing duel performance.
Knowing how amazing Bo Hyun is in real life is only making the thirst more real.
This is definitely a fantasy romance for all of us Noona's because I don't think ML would be so dedicated to this Noona with this kind of personality & looks in real life lol
The Childhood scenes are by far the best part and the ML *heart eyes* is extremely!!!!! sexy and charismatic/charming. I hope to see him in many more modern lead roles because I think he absolutely shines in this drama and has A LOT of chemistry on screen.