• Join Date: March 15, 2016
Encounter
Jan 5, 2019
This drama is a treat for romance drama lovers. Cha Soo Hyun's life after divorce once she gets Donghwa hotel as her alimony is picturised here. She meets a young man in Cuba who later turns out to be her employee. Their beautiful lovestory is well picturised here.

I wanted to write a review on 10th episode because this episode for me is like a beautifully written poem.

The actors Song hye kyo and Park Bo gum are very natural in their acting and handles their roles with ease.

The music compliments the story beautifully.

The 10th episode is a good example of everything coming together beautifully - the acting, story and music.

Now after watching all 16 episodes, I feel like the story can be condensed into 12 or 14 episodes but viewers like would have wanted more of this drama. The way they have presented a simple love story is just amazing. 16 episodes are just perfect for a beautiful slow paced(in a good way) romance drama.

If you are a romance drama lover and haven't started watching this already, then it is time to include this in your watch list.

Does the Flower Bloom?
Jan 10, 2019
Sakurai San meets the 19 year old reserved boy yoichi minagawa while at work. Sakurai realises how much yoichi enjoys painting. Yoichi lost his parents in childhood and he took an instant liking to Sakurai San.

The story is ok. It is not the age gap. The actor who played Yoichi portrayed the sad emotions and insensitiveness required of his character well. Sakurai handled the maturity of his character well. But what was lacking is the chemistry. The Chemistry to bind the two characters acting well for this love story was missing. That makes everything less interesting. Even though the actors put an effort to justify their roles, the lack of chemistry makes it looks like the actors have not put in enough effort. If you look at the intimate scenes, it looks like the actors are unwilling or awkward(in a bad way) to do it. And that really put me off. Oh come on Sakurai San, you need to show the intense love in a very expressive way. Minagawa Kun also need to be more expressive. I felt Minagawa was intense but need to be expressive. These subtle expressions would have paid off in a big way if these two had Chemistry.

I liked the music part.

If you are expecting an intense love story, you might be a bit disappointed. Still if you have nothing else to do and just need to kill time, then watch it.

Bungaku Shojo
Nov 22, 2018
I gave this a 9 because the story and the characters are very close to my heart.

This is the love story of a virgin book editor Tsukishiro who has never been in love. She is assigned to an author (Kagaya) who can't write love stories. How they fall for each other and how they handle the situation is portrayed in this drama. Tsukishiro's colleague Mochizuki has a secret crush on Tsukishiro but have never had the courage to profess his love. He sees Kagaya as his potential competetor. Mochizuki is your sweet gentle second lead who takes care of the girl when she needs someone the most. Here the main lead Kagaya isn't that much of a jerk he seems to be, so you kind of ship Tsukishiro with both of them. My inclinination was more towards the main lead, but I do not mind if Tsukishiro ends up with Mochizuki either. Characters like Nanase isn't fully developed in the drama and I wish Nanase had more screen time.

This is one of the few dramas which I wish had more episodes than just 8 . I have neither watched the anime nor read the manga(I am planning to read the manga today.). So I cannot compare how true the live action is to the manga.

I liked the subtle way the love story developed in this drama. I need more of Tsukishiro and Kagaya. Completed all 8 episodes in just one go. That's not enough for me, going to read the manga and watch the anime now. That's what this drama does to you. It leaves you wanting for more.

Give this a try, it is a short sweet love story. There's definitely scope for a season 2.

Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter
Dec 27, 2018
A fairy who comes into human realm to take bath in fairy falls loses her winged dress. The winged dress was stolen by a deer who was with a woodcutter. The fairy marries the wood cutter and when he dies waits for his reincarnation for centuries. Meanwhile woodcutter's fate is entwined with that of the deer. Their children also reincarnates as a tiger and dragon. At present day and age fairy runs a Cafe. A professor and his assistant comes to the cafe. The professor reminds fairy of her dead husband.

I liked the fairy cafe part. Apart from that, the story is draggy and pretty much predictable. A very weak plot. The issue between izy of mizar and Dubhe sounded like it was created for the sake of creating something for the story to move on.

Many incidents happen in the drama but the plot connecting them all is very weak. Actors were ok and this drama was too sweet for my taste. The actress who played fairy was beautiful but unrealistically sweet. May be that was required of her for this role.

I didn't feel bored much since I watched it each week but I did pause after 20 to 24 minutes and took break. Not a story that would make you glued to the scree. This is not a drama that you want to watch nonstop from start to finish - Well not for me atleast.

If you are a person who gets bored easily because of a sweet not much of a story romcom, then I suggest you skip this one.

Principal - Koi Suru Watashi wa Heroine Desu Ka?
Nov 5, 2018
Shima's parents are divorced, after her mother's remarriage, Shima leaves Tokyo to go to Hokkaido where the story is based at. Shima comes to live with her father and how she adjusts to the new school and home environment is portrayed here.

The story is centered around Shima, Ken and Wao. I liked the way Shima handled her relationship while hiding her crush for some one else. The story is pretty much predictable. There are no unusual plots but it is very sweet.

Overall a sweet high-school romance movie to watch while sipping your tea.
Rooftop Prince
May 27, 2016
Time traveling to solve murder mystery is the one sentence story of this drama, liked the crowned prince. Park yun chun and ha ji min did their parts well. The crown prince while searching for the murderers of his crown princess ends up in bak ha's rooftop, 300 years later. An interesting love story line which keeps you on your toes, liked this drama. Even though at some point story is predictable, it is not dragging at all. Overall a good drama worth watching. Must say what an ending! aah!
Witch's Romance
Apr 30, 2016
Watched it for Park SeoJoon. Was expecting more passionate love from Young Dong Ha and Ji Yeon, thats why I was a bit disappointed. Dong ha falls in love with his noona boss Ji Yeon and how their relationship progresses is what this drama is all about. Not too boring overall an Ok drama for me.
You Who Came from the Stars
Mar 30, 2016
This drama became interesting for me after the first half..i.e. after almost around 10 episodes. The alien who lives in this human world falls in love with an actress. First half is pretty much dragging, if you can endure it, second half too is stretchy but also interesting. Liked the second half..Cried with Cheaon Song Yi and Do Min Ju SSi..
Perfect Crime
Aug 19, 2019
If you are in for a passionate love story, then this is it.

The newly transferred designer from New York office gets involved with his planner in Tokyo office. It isn't as simple as it appears to be.

Loved the narration, how the story was presented. That made the first few episodes very passionate. It is a mature themed romance story.

Sakurada dori who handles such mature roles with ease, handled his role very well. 10 episodes are just enough.

The beauty of japanese dramas are, they don't drag the story to fit to a 1 hour length or a 16 episodes one.

Just writing what I need to write. Loved the music too.

If you are into mature romance dramas, give this a try!

Hakuouki SSL: Sweet School Life
Apr 7, 2019
A light hearted sweet high school drama, that's what I found it to be. I saw people writing more negatives about it, but I liked it.

Yukimura takes admission on an all boys private academy which just started admitting girls. She did this as per the suggestion of her neighbour boy who attends the same school. Bits and pieces of her life in an all boys' school is shown here.

The past shown and the present time - the events that happen have a connection. Even though it builds up your curiosity, ending was predictable and that curiosity build up didn't reach anywhere. Still I found it light hearted and not boring, because it is just 6 episodes.

I am not going to mention anything about acting, music or cinematography. For cinematography, I am not a professional. For acting and music, nothing was worth mentioning ( in a good way - nothing was extra ordinary, still the actors didn't do a bad job). Infact I found Yukimura's character pretty mature, as she didn't have to overact to present her character. For some characters, the writer portray them as extremely cute or extremely stupid. Yukimura didn't have to do either of this. So that made this watchable for me. Even though one of the teachers had such a role, and even though the plot was very weak, it was still bearable for me.

My review is my perspective, so it may or may not suit you. Give one or two episodes a try and see if you are up for it. I liked it.

Act III: Motte - Documentary
Sep 25, 2018
If you are a true VIP and loves Bigbang, then this is a must watch.

It has casual natural behind the scenes from Act III motte tour. I watched it for our cute beloved GD. Everything is portrayed naturally. GD's interactions with his manager, how GD is in his van - does he sleep? Does he talk a lot? I know VIPs are curious about all these things and you get to watch all these. You won't feel it is scripted. Miss Top(Choi Seung Hyun).

Waiting for all of them to be back from military soon.
Missions of Love
Sep 25, 2018
The female lead is a high-school student as well as a famous writer. But none of her classmates or school mates know that she is the famous writer. Her classmates see her as a weird girl who stares at them.

Her novel series ranks no. 1 but her stories lack romance. That is the feedback she gets from her readers. Her childhood friend also attends her school and has a secret crush on her. One day she finds out a secret about one of her classmates. In order to keep the secret to herself, she asks the classmate to be her lover so that she could feel what romance is.

Her experience with her classmate helps bring romance theme into her novels. Her rival novelist even comes to picture. Watch this to know how the story progresses.

It has cliche high school love story plot but it's predictable but interesting twists made this watchable for me.

I found it interesting, may be you might too if you give this a try.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Jul 23, 2016
Kim Yun hee who is disguised as his brother kim yoon shik is forced to take the mens only national exam when she is caught as a substitute in the exam venue by lee sun joon. Kim yoonhee and lee sun joon passes the exam and kim yoonhee enters the men only sungkyunkwan as her brother kim yoon shik. Kim Yoon shik and lee sun joon is allotted to the same dorm and has to share their dorm room with their senior moon jae shik. These three also become friendly with another senior Go young hwa under certain circumstances and become the jaegum quartet. The student president is determined to make their life a living hell. Meanwhile the king gives the quartet a secret order. The quartet's adventures at sungkyunkwan and how they fulfill king's secret order is featured in this drama. Funny bromance, romance, action, politics.. this drama has everything you want. The ending is.. what can i say? to know the ending, watch the drama!

The World That They Live In
Jul 21, 2016
This is a drama about making dramas. Jun Young falls in love with her sunbae Director Jong Ji Oh . The haps and mishaps of their relationship along with surrounding characters are pictured in this drama. The struggles the drama team goes through to complete each episode to air it on time and the rating hassles are portrayed well. Somewhere in the middle this drama gets stretched but its a mixture of relationships and daily work life of drama broadcasting people.
Memories of the Alhambra
Jan 23, 2019
If you have watched W and liked it, then this should be on your watch list. If you haven't watched W but if you're into gaming, then you should watch this drama. If you are neither a gamer nor watched W, even then this should be on your watch list. If you are a gamer and have watched W, then this drama should be on your priority watch list.

The story revolves around an AR game, it's developer and the people who are ready to buy this game. From start to finish, the story makes you glued to the screen - it was like that for me. But bugs appear on this game, people get killed and those who end up playing it at times experiences that there is only a thin line between reality and the game. Can the developer delete the bugs? Watch the drama to find out.

Park Shin hye who gave life to Emma and Hee ju was exceptional as always. Se ju played by Chanyeol - all Exols should watch this. Honestly I wasn't sure of Chanyeol justifying Seju's role but the last two episodes proved me wrong. Chanyeol did his part well. Hyun bin - we all know he is a veteran actor and can handle any role with ease. Others worth mentioning are those who played Marco, CEO Cha, Jin woo's Secretary, Su jin, CEO Park, Professor Cha, Hee Ju's sister and Go Yu Ra.

Music is excellent and suits the drama very well.

The Changes I would have made to this drama if I was in charge - I wanted Seju to have more screen time not because it is Chanyeol, but the Character himself as the game developer - deserved more screen time. Second thing is I might have wanted the ending differently but the ending of this drama is different to the one I or many of us might have imagined(in a good way) . There's a scope for season II, no there has to be a season II otherwise it is like they left us hanging midway just like that.

I will patiently wait for season II no matter how long it takes.