• Join Date: March 15, 2016
Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter
by Tel
A fairy who comes into human realm to take bath in fairy falls loses her winged dress. The winged dress was stolen by a deer who was with a woodcutter. The fairy marries the wood cutter and when he dies waits for his reincarnation for centuries. Meanwhile woodcutter's fate is entwined with that of the deer. Their children also reincarnates as a tiger and dragon. At present day and age fairy runs a Cafe. A professor and his assistant comes to the cafe. The professor reminds fairy of her dead husband.

I liked the fairy cafe part. Apart from that, the story is draggy and pretty much predictable. A very weak plot. The issue between izy of mizar and Dubhe sounded like it was created for the sake of creating something for the story to move on.

Many incidents happen in the drama but the plot connecting them all is very weak. Actors were ok and this drama was too sweet for my taste. The actress who played fairy was beautiful but unrealistically sweet. May be that was required of her for this role.

I didn't feel bored much since I watched it each week but I did pause after 20 to 24 minutes and took break. Not a story that would make you glued to the scree. This is not a drama that you want to watch nonstop from start to finish - Well not for me atleast.

If you are a person who gets bored easily because of a sweet not much of a story romcom, then I suggest you skip this one.

Principal - Koi Suru Watashi wa Heroine Desu Ka?
Nov 5, 2018
Shima's parents are divorced, after her mother's remarriage, Shima leaves Tokyo to go to Hokkaido where the story is based at. Shima comes to live with her father and how she adjusts to the new school and home environment is portrayed here.

The story is centered around Shima, Ken and Wao. I liked the way Shima handled her relationship while hiding her crush for some one else. The story is pretty much predictable. There are no unusual plots but it is very sweet.

Overall a sweet high-school romance movie to watch while sipping your tea.
Rooftop Prince
May 27, 2016
Time traveling to solve murder mystery is the one sentence story of this drama, liked the crowned prince. Park yun chun and ha ji min did their parts well. The crown prince while searching for the murderers of his crown princess ends up in bak ha's rooftop, 300 years later. An interesting love story line which keeps you on your toes, liked this drama. Even though at some point story is predictable, it is not dragging at all. Overall a good drama worth watching. Must say what an ending! aah!
Witch's Romance
Apr 30, 2016
Watched it for Park SeoJoon. Was expecting more passionate love from Young Dong Ha and Ji Yeon, thats why I was a bit disappointed. Dong ha falls in love with his noona boss Ji Yeon and how their relationship progresses is what this drama is all about. Not too boring overall an Ok drama for me.
You Who Came from the Stars
Mar 30, 2016
This drama became interesting for me after the first half..i.e. after almost around 10 episodes. The alien who lives in this human world falls in love with an actress. First half is pretty much dragging, if you can endure it, second half too is stretchy but also interesting. Liked the second half..Cried with Cheaon Song Yi and Do Min Ju SSi..
Act III: Motte - Documentary
Sep 25, 2018
If you are a true VIP and loves Bigbang, then this is a must watch.

It has casual natural behind the scenes from Act III motte tour. I watched it for our cute beloved GD. Everything is portrayed naturally. GD's interactions with his manager, how GD is in his van - does he sleep? Does he talk a lot? I know VIPs are curious about all these things and you get to watch all these. You won't feel it is scripted. Miss Top(Choi Seung Hyun).

Waiting for all of them to be back from military soon.
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Jul 23, 2016
Kim Yun hee who is disguised as his brother kim yoon shik is forced to take the mens only national exam when she is caught as a substitute in the exam venue by lee sun joon. Kim yoonhee and lee sun joon passes the exam and kim yoonhee enters the men only sungkyunkwan as her brother kim yoon shik. Kim Yoon shik and lee sun joon is allotted to the same dorm and has to share their dorm room with their senior moon jae shik. These three also become friendly with another senior Go young hwa under certain circumstances and become the jaegum quartet. The student president is determined to make their life a living hell. Meanwhile the king gives the quartet a secret order. The quartet's adventures at sungkyunkwan and how they fulfill king's secret order is featured in this drama. Funny bromance, romance, action, politics.. this drama has everything you want. The ending is.. what can i say? to know the ending, watch the drama!

The World That They Live In
Jul 21, 2016
This is a drama about making dramas. Jun Young falls in love with her sunbae Director Jong Ji Oh . The haps and mishaps of their relationship along with surrounding characters are pictured in this drama. The struggles the drama team goes through to complete each episode to air it on time and the rating hassles are portrayed well. Somewhere in the middle this drama gets stretched but its a mixture of relationships and daily work life of drama broadcasting people.
Encounter
by Tel
Cha Soo Hyun's life after divorce once she gets Donghwa hotel as her alimony is picturised here. She meets a young man in Cuba who later turns out to be her employee. Their beautiful lovestory is well picturised here.

I wanted to write a review on 10th episode because this episode for me is like a beautifully written poem.

The actors Song hye kyo and Park Bo gum are very natural in their acting and handles their roles with ease.

The music compliments the story beautifully.

The 10th episode is a good example of everything coming together beautifully - the acting, story and music.

If you are a romance drama lover and haven't started watching this already, then it is time to include this in your watch list.

Does the Flower Bloom?
by Tel
Sakurai San meets the 19 year old reserved boy yoichi minagawa while at work. Sakurai realises how much yoichi enjoys painting. Yoichi lost his parents in childhood and he took an instant liking to Sakurai San.

The story is ok. It is not the age gap. The actor who played Yoichi portrayed the sad emotions and insensitiveness required of his character well. Sakurai handled the maturity of his character well. But what was lacking is the chemistry. The Chemistry to bind the two characters acting well for this love story was missing. That makes everything less interesting. Even though the actors put an effort to justify their roles, the lack of chemistry makes it looks like the actors have not put in enough effort. If you look at the intimate scenes, it looks like the actors are unwilling or awkward(in a bad way) to do it. And that really put me off. Oh come on Sakurai San, you need to show the intense love in a very expressive way. Minagawa Kun also need to be more expressive. I felt Minagawa was intense but need to be expressive. These subtle expressions would have paid off in a big way if these two had Chemistry.

I liked the music part.

If you are expecting an intense love story, you might be a bit disappointed. Still if you have nothing else to do and just need to kill time, then watch it.

Iljimae
by Tel
The adventures of Robin Hood Iljimae while he sets out to avenge his father's death is portrayed in this drama. He robs noble family houses not only for money but also to find the sword that killed his father.

I watched this drama for Lee joonki. Iljimae played by Lee joonki is awesome. Shi woo, Eun chae, yeppun danee, seo dol, ajik gang - all those supported Iljimae did their parts well. Byun sjik's funny moments especially while criticizing his daughter being leader of beggar sect(lol) - enjoyed it very well.

Loved the ending song in the last episode.

Will Iljimae be able to find his remaining family members who went into hiding after his father's death? Will he be able to find his father's murderer? Watch the drama to find out.

The King's Woman
by Tel
Childhood sweethearts cum fellow disciples Sun li and Jing ke gets separated when the Qin emperor hunts down the beautiful Sun li and makes her his concubine. The power struggle of the harem and the palace politics are also the main themes apart from the Qin emperor 's ambition and effort in unifying all states into one.

Dilaraba played the part of concubine Sun li beautifully. The ruthless emperor Ying Zheng played by Zhang bin bin , Jing Ke played by Liu Chang (found him smoking hot) , the sweet gentle eldest senior Han shen who supports Sun li in all her decisions played by Li Tian - all were awesome.

Loved the title and ending songs.

I watched till episode 14, put it on hold for months because I found the story dragging and boring. After a few months, I watched the remaining episodes and thought would put it on hold if I found it dragging. But from episode 15, I watched it non stop and even if the story gets dragging a bit somewhere in 30s episodes and in early 40s episodes, I completed all 48 episodes. What this means is story is predictable in between but it was not boring enough to put it on hold for me, hence I was able to complete all 48 episodes.

Will Sun li be able to survive the power struggle and politics of harem and the Palace? Will she be able to assist the Qin emperor Ying Zheng in his ambition in unifying the states? Will she fall for the emperor or is her heart still with Jing ke? Will Ying Zheng love Sun li's baby as his own or the baby just a means to keep Sun li by his side? Watch the drama to find out.

Top Management
by Tel
This drama gives a glimpse into idol life. It is a slice of life and a bit of romcom together. After getting selected by the agencies how the life of trainees are - this is showcased in this drama perfectly. The story is told from the angle of their Manager.

An ex idol trainee who ends up as a kpop boy group manager - can see the future. Can she use this power to her advantage? Is it a boon or curse? Watch the drama to find out. As a manager how she handles the situations faced by the band is portrayed here.

What goes on in those agencies where they recruit trainees and idols? If you are curious to know that, then watch this drama. This also shows the life of other staff at Entertainment agencies - especially the managers of idols and how busy they can get.

This shows the ups and downs in traineeife, the busier life of entertainment agency staff, the idol life behind the scenes etc etc.

Overall a different, realistic storyline as far as K dramas are concerned.

If you are a kpop fan, then this is a must watch to know behind the scenes of kpop life.

Bungaku Shojo
Nov 22, 2018
I gave this a 9 because the story and the characters are very close to my heart.

This is the love story of a virgin book editor Tsukishiro who has never been in love. She is assigned to an author (Kagaya) who can't write love stories. How they fall for each other and how they handle the situation is portrayed in this drama. Tsukishiro's colleague Mochizuki has a secret crush on Tsukishiro but have never had the courage to profess his love. He sees Kagaya as his potential competetor. Mochizuki is your sweet gentle second lead who takes care of the girl when she needs someone the most. Here the main lead Kagaya isn't that much of a jerk he seems to be, so you kind of ship Tsukishiro with both of them. My inclinination was more towards the main lead, but I do not mind if Tsukishiro ends up with Mochizuki either. Characters like Nanase isn't fully developed in the drama and I wish Nanase had more screen time.

This is one of the few dramas which I wish had more episodes than just 8 . I have neither watched the anime nor read the manga(I am planning to read the manga today.). So I cannot compare how true the live action is to the manga.

I liked the subtle way the love story developed in this drama. I need more of Tsukishiro and Kagaya. Completed all 8 episodes in just one go. That's not enough for me, going to read the manga and watch the anime now. That's what this drama does to you. It leaves you wanting for more.

Give this a try, it is a short sweet love story. There's definitely scope for a season 2.

V.I.P.
Nov 15, 2018
It has gore and rape scenes, not for faint hearted. If you can close your eyes through those or fast forward, then watch it(I can't stand either, so closed my eyes).

Story of catching a serial killer from north Korea and how he is protected by different governments and secret agencies is portrayed in this movie. Will he ever get convicted for the gravest sins he committed? Watch the movie to find out.

They should have ended the movie at 1:50:50, then there would have been a scope for part 2. The scenes from 1:50:50 till the end was really unnecessary( but that is just my opinion).

No other serial killer creeped me out like Lee jung suk's character. Lee jung suk proved that he can handle any role with ease - not just the sweet lover boy role. Amazing acting Lee jung suk. You were perfect for the role. This is worth your time, watch it!