This drama is worth watching in my opinion. Got me hooked at episode 1 thanks to the male lead with his mask acting all shy. Female lead actually has good reasons for her faults (the lack of 6 senses) and her action scenes are just great to watch. Has very memorable characters like merman-bro and best bleach beast Teng She. I also liked how good food is such a priority for some characters, very relatable stuff.
But yeah Dijun (Fog dude as some refer to him) needs to chill in Heaven and stay up there. I kinda get his urge to influence mortal lives but at some point he should've imagined himself in the place of the people he was manipulating. And Wu Tong.....Has some issues...
Still not sure how the reincarnation topic made it through censors but yeah I guess they are ''mortal tribulations''. To quote Hello Dear Ancestors (2018) ''Even TV dramas now aren't allowed to show reincarnation''. Hoping that censors will continue being more lenient.
Buddy cop dramas are totally my thing, thanks for the article! I also recognised Hoshino Gen since I like j-music, love his music like Pop Virus ^^ Thanks for adding all the information!
It was mostly all pretty usual robot-stuff up till episode 5. Never really thought about such a thing happening since realistic humanoid-AI are so far from our current time but it's an interesting thing to see. Of course people would do that sort of unethical stuff if they could, just make an ideal version of someone you like.
Alright I watched the final episode, what was that at the end about an upcoming special episode? Something about planning a secret party? I'm in for watching it when it releases.
I LOVE this show. Such chemistry and tension every episode. Sometimes seeing the scary cliffhangers is almost unbearable. Also, the candy/sweets they make are incredibly detailed and beautiful.
Pretty sure it is! Unfortunate that I don't speak a lot of Mandarin so I'll have to wait for fansubs to happen someday. Might be faster to learn Chinese though
As an LGBTQ person your comment makes me uncomfortable on so many levels. I really think you should educate yourself…
This comment thread went very wild. I think ''I W'' had good intentions but took the social justice warrior aspect a bit far. Technically you can find offense in everything, a normal conversation without making personal assumptions is usually best to resolve things.
Yea some people prefer not to hear stereotypical words like top/bottom or seme/uke but currently these sorts of terms are still used by a lot of members of the gay community. I think its okay to voice an opinion about that but to immediately make assumptions like homophobia is a bit much. It's also not like the terms will disappear anytime soon, its used by so many people.
Also, I agree ElektrionHeart that some experiences are unique to specific groups of people. It's good to understand that while we may have assumptions or ideas... The experiences of real members of a community/gender are often so much more telling. I hope you still feel comfortable on this platform.
If you aren't sure whether the story is gonna be interesting enough to watch I recommend watching Episode 12. It is where the story really picks up in interesting plot twists, the first episodes are mainly focused on fleshing out the main heroes characters.
The show can be childish and there is obviously a focus on the toy-aspect with the designs of the giant gem-machines but they have fun with it. The show-writers know how to build hype (the music is so good for this) and they've created an interesting backstory. You really learn to appreciate the fun fight scenes and their flashy fight-moves. The humor is also often on point like how the weekly monsters capture people in funny ways or just absurd situations.
So the basic story is about an alien gem-civilization with gem-people (they look like gem statues) who use magical gemstones. Their civilization is lost due to a conflict and evil gem-people rise up. The gem-princess flees to earth and acquires the help of the heroes who can transform the magical gemstones. This war has had its casualties and there are many problems to solve. When the final hero arrives a lot more information is given about the gem-war, mostly because he himself was involved.
I guess the show reminded me most of ''Steven Universe'' in regards to the gem-aliens story. I wouldn't be surprised if they took inspiration from that cartoon.
But yeah Dijun (Fog dude as some refer to him) needs to chill in Heaven and stay up there. I kinda get his urge to influence mortal lives but at some point he should've imagined himself in the place of the people he was manipulating. And Wu Tong.....Has some issues...
Still not sure how the reincarnation topic made it through censors but yeah I guess they are ''mortal tribulations''. To quote Hello Dear Ancestors (2018) ''Even TV dramas now aren't allowed to show reincarnation''. Hoping that censors will continue being more lenient.
These guys: ''All of them''
Yea some people prefer not to hear stereotypical words like top/bottom or seme/uke but currently these sorts of terms are still used by a lot of members of the gay community. I think its okay to voice an opinion about that but to immediately make assumptions like homophobia is a bit much. It's also not like the terms will disappear anytime soon, its used by so many people.
Also, I agree ElektrionHeart that some experiences are unique to specific groups of people. It's good to understand that while we may have assumptions or ideas... The experiences of real members of a community/gender are often so much more telling. I hope you still feel comfortable on this platform.
The show can be childish and there is obviously a focus on the toy-aspect with the designs of the giant gem-machines but they have fun with it. The show-writers know how to build hype (the music is so good for this) and they've created an interesting backstory. You really learn to appreciate the fun fight scenes and their flashy fight-moves. The humor is also often on point like how the weekly monsters capture people in funny ways or just absurd situations.
So the basic story is about an alien gem-civilization with gem-people (they look like gem statues) who use magical gemstones. Their civilization is lost due to a conflict and evil gem-people rise up. The gem-princess flees to earth and acquires the help of the heroes who can transform the magical gemstones. This war has had its casualties and there are many problems to solve. When the final hero arrives a lot more information is given about the gem-war, mostly because he himself was involved.
I guess the show reminded me most of ''Steven Universe'' in regards to the gem-aliens story. I wouldn't be surprised if they took inspiration from that cartoon.