Editorials Details
- Last Online: 56 minutes ago
- Location: If you see me online, assume the worst.
- Contribution Points: 5,977 LV15
- Roles:
- Join Date: January 21, 2020
- Awards Received:
2
8
1
1
Editorials
K-Drama
Editorials
2
8
1
1
Its a standard monster of the week formula but they make it really fun and there's also always a bigger story in the background. Theres a backstory of an ancient alien civilization of gem-people and I love it. Theres tons of ''Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen'' references too.
They literally cover so many subjects too... From traditional Japanese games to obsessive fans its all there.
Also the music they use is so catchy! KIRAMAI GO!
But for episode 1 its mainly Asada who's acting manipulative, no doubt he will change for the better in next episodes but his first impression isn't that great.
In those dramas their orientation is much more explored and I'm assuming this drama won't do that as much.
So far (Episode 1) I think the girls relationship is indeed not based on love but dependence which can be toxic as they'll probably show in later episodes. They're cute together though. I don't like the main guy yet as he comes off as intolerant and very manipulative but I'm sure he'll grow a bit someday.
Yes knowing some basic Japanese like ''Youkai'' as Monster and ''Ningen'' as Human will help.
The environment was beautiful to look at, some of the film-techniques were a bit random though.
Anyway, I hope someone finds it with subs sometime in the future so I can understand the ending better.
The female lead also talks in an interesting way as an Eunuch, very reserved with a lot of short breaks in her speech.