Details

  • Last Online: 58 minutes ago
  • Location: If you see me online, assume the worst.
  • Contribution Points: 5,977 LV15
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: January 21, 2020
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award2 Flower Award8 Clap Clap Clap Award1 Reply Hugger1

RandomUsagi

If you see me online, assume the worst.
On The Love by Hypnotic • Aug 22, 2020
Title The Love by Hypnotic Spoiler
Finished the drama, am still disturbed by FLs dad and feeling sorry for 2nd male lead. But yeah ML and FL do make a beautiful couple.
1 8
On Al Cappuccino • Aug 21, 2020
Some of the scenes in this show are so dramatic but I love them. Actors can make pretty convincing mafia bosses after all, they're just a bit too dramatic about it sometimes xD
4 0
On Mr. Heart • Aug 21, 2020
Title Mr. Heart
A new BL one from Korea! Nice! I was afraid the previous series was just a one off for Korea.
13 0
On Cursed in Love • Aug 21, 2020
Episode 1 got me interested but episode 2 got me hooked. The interactions between FL and ML are the best! The romance, thriller-elements and beautiful candy-art mix well.
4 0
Replying to wildflower18 • Aug 21, 2020
Title In a Class of Her Own Spoiler
What episode start the romance? I love the korean version
The FL first starts getting feelings for the ML in episode 13 but it takes until episode 24 for the ML to show any interest in FL beyond good friendship (him missing her). I'd say the real start is ep 26 though when he first sees her dressed as a woman.
Sure, before that you get scenes where the ML catches/saves the FL but there is 0 show of any romantic interest on the ML part.
I love the Korean version as well.
1 0
On Contrail • Aug 20, 2020
Title Contrail
Is this just gender reversed Secret?
0 2
Replying to caDAVEr • Aug 20, 2020
Title In a Class of Her Own Spoiler
Just a bit curious since I assumed you watched the original Korean version, is that version as careless in the…
ML doesn't end up going through with that initial marriage tho? In the end he marries FL. But yeah the plot in the original is fairly similar except with less filler content and in my opinion executed a bit better.
0 0
On Pops Loves Kawaii Stuff • Aug 19, 2020
If you're unsure whether to watch this, its pretty adorable. You get to see cute mascots and the actors are all great. There's also enough comedy to keep you engaged.
The cat guy.. may have some unresolved issues though.
9 0
On In a Class of Her Own • Aug 19, 2020
Title In a Class of Her Own Spoiler
Alright finished it. I loved Lei Ze Xin so much in this drama, he's my favorite character but I also felt sorry for him at the end :( at least he still has his buddy.
That romance started very late in the series, which I honestly didn't love. They also lessened the impact of some of the originals iconic moments. I feel like they didn't add any new iconic moments either but it was still a solid drama.

For those who have seen the original:
-That island trip where they get stuck for a night was reduced to a starseeing trip with 0% romantic happenings.
-That time Lee Sun Joon (ML) was given the p*rn-book (comedy gold) which was basically reduced to ''dude go read more books or date someone''.

In the end I don't regret watching it but I feel like its a bit like watching a watered down version of the original although mayby that's also nostalgia. I did like that they do give 2nd male lead and 3rd male lead some good scenes together. Also the very last ending scene was the exact same as in Sungkyunkwan scandal except... In the original its the guy pushing over the girl and here its the girl pushing the guy at the end.
0 4
On In a Class of Her Own • Aug 19, 2020
I guess I'm not used to it because I mainly watch shorter dramas (+I've seen the original) but that romance took a long time to get somewhere. But oh well.. At least its there.
0 0
Replying to xxxzxxx • Aug 16, 2020
The entire premise of this drama makes no sense when just reading the synopsis. If a lot of men died then men…
Yeah from the synopsis it probably sounds weird but the drama does explain how certain women attain power over the course of years which is just plainly a lack of male heirs. It also works out because everyone gets affected by the disease so even potential enemies. Yeah other countries could attack but Japan is pretty isolated and the disease would have the same effect on their armies after mere weeks.

The drama is basically just some females replacing their dead male relatives to fulfill roles of power. Which of course is not really tolerated openly at first by those in power and the ultimate goal is still to get a male heir.

And the concubine thing? Well they REALLY wanted a male heir so they just threw men at the female shogan to see if one would produce a male baby.
3 0
Replying to RandomUsagi • Aug 16, 2020
Title Ooku
Very late but heres my take on the oversized males clothing. Courtladies in Japan usually wore more fabric to…
I totally agree, it's a really interesting movie! I lately end up on a lot of empty drama pages though since I look for interesting older jdramas/movies. I watched the movie without subtitles (couldn't find subs that are still up) but I can understand some very basic Japanese and just figured the context out by their reactions. I'm gonna be watching the drama of Ooku next.
0 0
Replying to Kristina303 • Aug 16, 2020
Title Ooku
So I started this (awesome) movie and this is the first time I watch something historical from japan. I got used…
Very late but heres my take on the oversized males clothing. Courtladies in Japan usually wore more fabric to show their status (juni-hitoe, twelve-layered robe). So the important guys are wearing more fabric to show their increased status in this case.
Edit: I just looked up Mori Ranmaru and turns out they really did wear that kind of clothing to look pretty back then. So its not something they exaggerated for the movie, they just liked pretty big clothes for highranking guys (if they wanted to show off).
2 2
On Satorare • Aug 13, 2020
Title Satorare
This drama is good and I recommend it! Not all episodes are focused on the romance so that's why I think some people consider it to be a bit longer than needed. Drama has comedy but also heartfelt moments of human understanding.
0 0