• Last Online: Jan 1, 1970

Rourou

England
High School Debut
Apr 7, 2012
I watched this film when I had nothing better to do without high expectations or anything that's why I think it was fair enough.
I am familiar with the lead actor; I've seen and liked him in several dramas before. However, I was introduced to the lead female through this drama but Mizobata Junpei was the reason of my liking.
The story of makeover is known but somehow, I felt it was more captivating here.
This is a highly recommandable films for rom-com fans.
King2Hearts
Jun 6, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was mainly attracted by the cast then the story seemed intriguing enough I just went for it without high expectations or anything.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking the story was about royalty nowadays and north-south Korean peace process through love, pain and many other mixed feelings. The Korean nation, the king, the love realtionships, loyalty, friendship and action therefore you can say that the story got it all!

Positive points:

*The different theme: When you watch too many dramas of the same genre you would get tired of all the Korean romantic stories that share the same plot but this was unusual; script writers gave a unique story: I haven't seen anything like it before.
*The South and North Koreans never ending troubles; this existed before in some dramas like "Muyang the spy", it's not a new theme but it was greatly expressed here. Well, a non-Korean person may find himself not interested in this sort of theme but everyone ould like to watch the peace process and the two nations reunion.
*Royalty nowadays was a great background. It's true that "My princess" shared the same background but "King2Hearts" was way too interesting.
*The romance was cute but not shallow. The romantic development was always captivating especially that there's two different love stories to follow.
*The action was set up in a good way; those scenes were exciting to watch. Writers were brilliant for inserting action in this story because that genre is able to eliminate any sort of balnk moments.
*Involving other countries like China, the U.S and even Japan in the drama made the events complicated in a good way.
*Politics: it wasn't heavily present but when it existed it was well doe especially the diplomatic talks.

Negative points:

*I wouldn't say it's a negative point but I wanted the main couple's love story to go deeper since there was lack of drama in that aspect.
It's true that there were many obstacles but I felt like they got together so soon. Anyway, it wasn't bad but I wanted everything to go deeper in this drama.
*Beside that, everything was cool except something that happened near the end but it would be a spoiler if I mention it.

Story: 9.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Lee Seung Ki : I've seen him in two dramas before but here he was amazingly different. At the beginning, he may sound childish but in some point he felt like a total grown up plus his character development was greatly done. I fell for his role and even his speeches were nicely spoken plus he delievered great emotions.

*Ha Ji Won: I like this actress because she have a great way in portraying her roles. Here, she was different from what I saw before. Being a couple with Lee Seung Ki may seem like a huge age gap but events didn't allow to think much about that side. Then there's her North Korean accent: that was really annoying to hear at the beginning but I got used to it as the drama went on. I specially liked her actions scenes and her convincing acting.

*Jo Jung Suk: i haven't seen him in anything before before but I fell for the character ever since his first meeting with Lee Jae Ha and everything that happened later on, he was so cool.

*Lee Yoon Ji: Special likes for the princess; I liked her character and her relationships with everyone.

*I didn't hate Jhon Mayer like I hated his stupid psycho artist Tara or whatever, I still want to kill her!! But I have to admit that they were great actors and performed their parts greatly.
*The remaining cast were awesome; thumb up to the WOC team and the queen.

*The chemistry and relationships between the cast members was cool uncluding other countries cast; it was cool to hear English, Chinese, Japanese and even French here.
* I rarely give 10's to any drama's cast or acting department but here I was deeply impressed.

Cast: 10/10
Acting: 9.5/10

4) The ending:

I really hated one event near the ending that I even considered it a negative point earlier but that doesn't deny that we had the ending that we wanted.
The ending a nice closure to a great drama.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I really enjoyed this drama, so much that I feel some sort of emptiness when it ended.
*I always love the unique different stories and I found that in this drama's storyline. Special likes to politics since I love it.
*The cast was amazing one of the fewest drama's cast that I genuinely loved.
*I had all sort of feelings while watching this: great impression.

My impression: 9/10

6) Overall:

*If you like watching royalty stories then you would like this.
*If you're looking for an interesting story the this is for you.
*If you like romance combined with action and politics then you would like this.
*If you like Lee Seung Ki/Ha Ji Won then you need to watch this.

Overall: 9.5/10.

My Girl
Apr 27, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I just read the synopsis then I unconsciously started to watch and finished it in three days dramathon

2-Storyline/Plot : Totally loved the story, it was well done plus the events passed by so smoothly without any blanks or slow moments.
The start was really awesome,I really enjoyed the hilarious moments at the beginning. The rest was good too although I still prefer the beginning of the drama.

3-Acting/Cast : Lee Da Hae has done her role in a perfect way; I haven't noticed any mistakes in her performance although her character fell into the usual dumb lead Korean female in some point but I really liked the way she lied; it was very believable and super hilarious.
Lee Dong Wook and Lee Jun Ki were my special eye candy in this drama, I am really sorry for saying this but when I see them on screen all I was thinking about were shallow feelings for those two actors looks so I really can't talk about their acting skills but I can say that they had usual characters as a lead male and a second lead male.
Other cast weren't that bad but they weren't that great either. However, I will say this: Park Si Yeon was really annoying as a character and as an actress.

4-Music : It was the same song played all along the drama but it was good enough to hear over and over again.

5-Rewatch value : I don't think that it could be fully rewatched but there's some moments that deserves repeating them.

6-The ending : A nice cute ending not that special but I totally loved the two guests who showed up in the last episode.

7-Overall : This is the type of drama that's highly recommended to romantic comedies lovers.

Hot Summer Days
Apr 25, 2012
1-The reason i watched this : i was so bored then i found this movie so i decided to watch it in a try to cheer up but i end up getting even more bored, i was mostly attracted by the numerous stories .

2-Storyline/Plot : At first i thought that the story of the movie is going to make me love it since it have 5 diffrent love stories in summer but i was wrong i end up hating it, i usually fall for movies with numerous stories but this movie's story wasn't that good it was fair not the kind of story that will grasp your attention from the first moment.

3-Acting/Cast : the only strength point in this movie; it got some great actors that knows how to deliver feelings.

4-Music : i don't actually remember it so it got to be that bad.

5-Rewatch value : i couldn't stand watching it once and kept skipping some parts how about rewatching it i must be crazy if i do so.

6-The ending : the kind of ending that everyone want to see, i was expecting it anyway so there isn't much to tell about it because i hate it when i expect the ending and it turn out to be the same as my expectations. I was hoping that they will surprise me or something yet what i was anticipating actually happened.

7-Overall : i won't say watch it or not because that's up to you but if you're bored and looking for a movie to cheer up please avoid this movie, i really regret wasting my time on; it so not worth watching.

Lovely Complex
Apr 27, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I've already seen the anime therefore, I wanted to see the the live-action adaptation and so I end up watching this film.

2-Storyline/Plot : Almost the same from the anime though it was a bit rushed and lacked many important events which made it feel wrong sometimes. However, script writers managed to take the right path after a lot of struggle.
I watched the anime so the story was predictable to me. As for those who haven't seen the anime, this storyline may seem really absurd to watch.

3-Acting/Cast : Teppei was one of the main reasons I watched this since he's cute and *insert shallow feelings*.
Beside that, I don't believe that the acting department wasn't that amazing or appealing; it was acceptable overall.

4-Music : It was kind of a normal music not too special not too lame.

5-Rewatch value : Well, people who fell for it hardly would defenitely rewatch, others would think of it as a waste of time.

6-The ending : It was satisfying. it wasn't the type of ending that would make you jump of your seat so don't expect too much.

7-Overall : It wasn't that bad but it wasn't that great either. It could've been much better yet it wasn't a disappointing adaptation.

P.S : For those who watched the anime and liked it you may want to watch this without high expectations or prejudices; it will much better that way.

You're Beautiful
Apr 4, 2012
I watched this drama when i was a total newbie in Asian dramas field and what a way to start the addiction! Of course at that time i wasn't familiar with actors neither the kind of stories that korean dramas proceed but from the very first episode i liked the drama and end up devorating it in 3 days!
The story, the characters, the music,the actors, i will never forget this drama, it actually opened my apetite for dramas.
My Sassy Girl
May 10, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

All my friends watched it and fell for it; they kept recommending so I watch it in order to find out the fuss that went around it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This rom-com doesn't have the usual boring concept of other films, it has a new story that bumps out from crowd.

Positive points:

*There was a great self-introduction at the beginning of the film: it was a cool start.
*The love story was just great from how they met and all the weird yet sweet acts that would keep anyone interested.
*So much laughter in this film, it was really hilarious most of the time.
*Beside romance and laughter there were also some sad moments and captivating twists so it sort of got it all.

Negative points:

I couldn't find any, even if there was, they weren't so serious that would ruin the general story therefore there's no need to mention them.

Story: 9.5/10.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Jun Ji Hyun : This was the first and only work that I saw with this actress; she has a lot of potential since she prtrayed her role perfectly since I don't believe that there's any other actress that would portray the sassy girl the way she did: she was convincing, brought me laughter and some sorrow near the end: *Claps*

*Cha Tae Hyun : I really liked that actor, he has held the main lead male in a great way. The character was appealing to the point that I feel sorry for him since he always get hitted by both his mother and the girl he loves, so much laughter in those scenes xD
*I loved the chemistry between the leads and the way they acted in the park and in the club with school uniforms: I loved those scenes.

Cast: 8/10
Acting: 10/10

4) The ending:

It may sound weird but I saw it comming while it's supposed to be a "surprise".
Anyhow, it was a smart move to gather events in a way that would make the film end that way. Great end overall.

The ending: 8.5/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*This film made my day, I kept wondering why I haven't watch it sooner.
*I laughed a lot while watching this, it was a great K-film classic that deserves to be remembered.

My impression 9/10

6) Overall:

*If you like rom-coms then this is a must watch.
*If you like unusual yet sweet love stories then you would like this.
*If you like hilarious films with a strong female lead then this is for you.

Overall: 8.5/10

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
May 4, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I was about eleven years old and so fond of action-Wuxia martial arts films when i found this; I remember watching it on TV with my father and my brother.

2-Storyline/Plot : I never forgot this film even though it has been nine years since I first saw it simply because it had an unforgettable story; events were relly amazing to follow.
Action mixed with romance with a slight of mystery is one of my favorite types when it comes to Wuxia productions, I liked how they made the fighting scenes; they were captivating.

3-Acting/Cast : The best combination ever! there were chemistry between all of them. There were geat fighting scenes between the actors since they acted in total harmony plus they delivered great feelings when it comes to romance.
They were great cast even though I wasn't familiar with half of them back then.

4-The ending : Even though it wasn't what I wanted but it felt realistic on many levels.

5-My impression: I was so moved by this film; even when there were commercials I was anticipating what will happen next.
I even kept thinking about it even after it ended : It affected me in a great way .

6-Overall : If you like action-wuxia then you need to watch this.
If you like action combined with romance then you would like this.
If you like martial arts films then you you will like this.

Look For a Star
Jul 20, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

Again, I decided to watch this film because I thought it was Korean biut it turned out to be from Hong Kong. It's really hard for me to watch a Chinese romantic film because all the Chinese films that I watched were martial arts related.
Just like the other few romantic Chinese films that I've seen so far, I had to be in a good mood in order to watch this.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The story isn't that special, the main story is common about a rich man falling for a poor girl; the kind of story that we're all used to. Even the other two stories weren't that unique, actually one of those two ressembled the main story except there was a switch.

Positive Points:

*In the positive points column, I have to mention that the existence of three different love stories was nice, I would've been really annoyed and bored if it was only the main story.

*Main Genres:

--->Romance: To start with, I didn't like the main love story because it was so cheesy therefore let's not talk about it.
The other two love stories were accepted, I don't know why I focused on them more than the main one; I think they were more attractive plus the script of those two was nicely written unlike the other one. Just because the film didn't focus on them like the main story made them more interesting to the point that I prefered them.

*I can't think about any other positive points but let's mention that the story's development was good sometimes, only "sometimes".

Negative Points:

--->Romance: The main romantic story that should've been the most attractive failed to do so, it wasn't boring but the other two were better. Even event's progress wasn't that great; at the beginning, things seemed appeling then everything just faded away.

*Another negative point: The film's story was full of cliche plus many elements felt missing.

Story: 5/10.

*Lau Andy:

I only saw him in Wuxia films before so it was hard to watch him in a romantic production but I still have no copalains about his acting skills.
The character is a usual character for me, nothing special about it. In the main love story, I liked him better than the lead female and this have nothing to do with gendres, it's just that his character was better expressed.

*Shu Qi:
I am not familiar with her acting skills. I can't judge an actor/actress after one film especially if it's a a non deep romantic film.
The character was really good at the beginning, there were good vibes but as the story progressed, Milan became so shallow and I hate shallow characters especially if they doesn't justify their shallow behavior. There were some points were I felt that the character failed to deliver anything.

*Other cast: I liked the remaining characters (the four supporting roles) better than the lead ones but that doesn't mean they were great, they were just "Okay" compared to Sam and Milan's characters.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: even though , I didn't appreciated the main romantic story, the chemistry was present and appreciated. The other two stories contained less chemistry.

--->Friendship: It was between Sam, his secretary and his driver; that relationship was good and entertaining. Actually, it's the best relationship in this film.

Cast: 5.5/10
Acting: 7/10

4) The ending:

The ending wasn't unique since it was a typical rom-com ending.

The ending: 6.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I didn't enjoy this film that much, I don't drop films but if it was a drama; I would've dropped it from the first episode.
*This film wasn't boring but it didn't entertain me at all.

*Is this film memorable: No it's not, I won't remember its events after two or three weeks, I will just remember that I watched it.

My impression: 4/10

6) Overall:

*If you're looking for a film to pass time with, this can be what you're looking for.
*If you like romantic films, you may like this.

Overall: 5/10.

Love in Space
Jun 9, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

This film has been in one of my collections for over a year and I really have no idea why it was there. Anyway, I just decided to watch it having no idea what's its theme or main actors. At first, I thought it was a Korean film but when it started I realized that it was a Chinese film. I had second thoughts but I watched it anyway.

2) Storyline/Plot:

It's a multiple stories film; the sort of production that usually sound appealing to me because you would feel diversity and lack of blank moments.

Positive points:

*Three sisters, three love stories and three different places.
*The way all the three stories were combined together was pretty well done.
*Watching the three stories at the same time was fun since you would watching one while anticipating what will happen in the other one, that was sort of cool.
*Even though the three female leads belongs to the same family but there were great differences which was one of the positive points that counts for the storyline.

Negative points:

*It may feel rushed sometimes.
*One of the stories didn't feel as deep as the other ones: there was a little disorder there.
*I still don't agree with the title "love in space" because only one story happened in space while the rest was located on earth: it felt a little unfair.
*This is not a unique storyline so don't expect a lot of depth, just enjoy another typical rom-com.

Story: 6.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Generally speaking the cast was pretty good considering the fact that I am only familiar with two actors here.
The chemistry was enjoyable and captivating.
The second sister was annoying as a character but the general acting was actually cool.

Cast: 7/10
Acting: 8/10

4) The ending:

Two stories were combined at the end; that was kind of cool .
The ending was nice, not intense, a little light.
It was a typical rom-com ending that anyone would love to see on screen.

The ending: 8/10

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Considering the fact that I am not a fan of Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty cool.
*It's not one of the best romantic comedies that I've seen but it was a decent way to pass time with since it was exempt from boring moments.

My impression: 7/10

6) Overall:

*If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
*Don't expect much from the film's title.

Overall 7.5/10.

Hana Yori Dango
Apr 21, 2012
I watched all the versions of Hana Yori Dango : the korean, the chinese and the taiwanese but the japanese version still and will always be the best ever! it's true that the korean have a better cast but i totally hated the lead actress.
Anyway, the story is known and as everyone agree it's a nice story with great events that will make you anticipate more.
The music: It was good.
What I truly blame on this season that it's too short. What I truly like is Domyouji's foolishness; Matsumoto Jun did his role perfectly no mistakes at all, I fell in love with his character in this drama: so cute, so funny and most of all so childish.
I believe that this drama is one of the greatest jdramas that i've ever seen, I enjoyed it so much.
I wonder if there's someone who haven't watched it and if there's such person I would highly recommend this.

Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku
Apr 28, 2012
1-The reason i watched this : yes, I watched it because of Matsumoto Jun, I wouldn't even gave it a try if it was another lead male.

2-Storyline/Cast : The main story here was about the love relationship between a single old mother and a second generation young actor; there were age problems, his failing career, family, friends.
I would've liked it better if they focused more on his acting career as much as they focused on family problems.
In general, the story was acceptable (considering the fact that I dislike old woman-young man relationships).

3-Acting/Cast : Like I said earlier it's Matsumoto Jun is the main reason that made this drama watchable. On the other hand, I really respect Takeuchi Yuko as an actress (I believe she's one of the greatest Japanese actors) but here there wasn't much chemistry between her and Jun here although I liked her character portrayal.
The believable acting is a strength point that counts for this drama.

4-Music : I still remember it and sing it sometimes. I rarely remember any drama's music but "Please Stay whith me" was extremly great.

5-Rewatch value : No it's not rewatchable. If you liked it from the first time you will ruin the story for yourself if you rewatch it.

6-The ending : It was an acceptable ending but it wasn't any special.

7-Overall : Anything Matsumoto Jun touches turns to gold that's what i've been thinking while watching this drama nothing more.

P.S : if you are not Matsumoto Jun's fan then I would really advice you to stay away from this drama.

MARS
Jun 17, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I had this drama on my PTW list for a long time, I've delaying it for ages then one day, I decided to go fo it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

As a person who haven't read the manga and have no idea about this drama's story, I believe that the storyline was somehow strong.

Positive points:

*The plot was set up in a good way plus the story's development was meaningful since it gathered rigid events.
*This is the type of drama that won't let you lose interest in its events simply because mysterious twists were always present.
*This drama's storyline was a great mixture between romance, mystery, psychology and even some little horror moments; that's why I would say that the storyline is rich and enjoyable.
*There were some brilliant suspens moments that would fill you with anticipation and expectations.

Negative points:

*There were some unnecessary events or let's say they were "badly expressed".
*Some moments were really annoying to watch.

Story: 8.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Zhou Vic : he has always been my weakness point but seriously he managed to portray the character in a perfect way.
He completely owned the role whether in sadness, happiness, his gloomy or his cheerful character; he knew how to deliever feelings.

*Hsu Barbie : As an actress she had a good show but I can't say the same about her character which took the wrong turn sometimes.

*The chemistry was one of the greatest chemistries that I've seen so far. I enjoyed every scene they had together.
*The rest of the cast was cool too plus their acting skills were good too.

Cast: 8/10
Acting: 8.5/10

4) The ending:

It one of those endings which anyone would love to see on screen. Overall it was good enough.

The ending: 8/10

5) My impression (How did it afect me):

*It's true that I had to skip some parts in order to make the drama's episodes equilibrated but I never lost interest in its events.
*Zhou Vic was simply amazing here not only as *insert shallow feelings* but also as a good actor who knew how to portray his role.
*Although I liked this drama, I can't say that I was obsessed about it.

My impression: 7.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you want a good change from typical romantic comedies then you like this.
*If you like romance mixed with psychology then this is for you
*If you like Zhou Vic then you need to watch this because this was his best role ever.

Overall: 8.5/10.

Paradise Farm
Apr 29, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I had nothing better to do at that time, I had about 50 dramas choices but I end up watching this after seeing five minutes drama's preview.

2-Storyline/Plot : The drama's background was one of the kind since I haven't seen any other dramas in a ranch before.
As for the story, I don't believe it was any special because there are tons of dramas and films about a former married couple. However, it was kind of cool to see how fate can mess with their hearts and bring them back together under hard circumstances .
Certainly, there were too many slow and boring moments in this drama (especially in the middle) so I had to skip many parts in order to make events go faster.

3-Acting/Cast : The lead male and the second lead female were the shallow reason that made me finish this drama. Lee Yeon Hee has always been a good actress for me but her character was really annoying to watch.
The supporting roles weren't that great plus the second lead female was the usual dumb character that we find in other Korean productions.

4-Music : It was a normal drama's music, I don't really remember it because it wasn't that special.

5-Rewatch value : No, I don't believe it's rewatchable.

6-The ending : Kind of cool, i was expecting more and i wished it lasted a little but anyway it was nicely done.

7-How did it affect me : No special feelings while i was watching this, i was just following the events. Even after it ended, i didn't have any kind of feelings for it but it wasn't that forgettable either.

8-Overall : This drama isn't brilliant or special in any aspect; only the ranch element was appealing.

Hana Kimi
Apr 9, 2012
The main reason that I gave this drama an 8 is its unsatisfying ending since it made me feel so bad; it have been years since I watched it but I can't get over that ending.
Generally speaking, I liked the drama and the main lead actors but Ella's acting was a serious flaw since it can be overdone sometimes.
If you want to like this drama you have to stop comparing it to the 2007 japanese version; They may share the general story and characters but there are huge differences between them so watch this without previous expectations and you will love it; just feel the events like you've never watched the japanese version and you're going to fall for it.
However, the ending sucked: it's a warning for endings lovers, if you want to like this drama forget about its ending.