• Location: India

ShreeyaSharma

India
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Aug 10, 2017
It has been ages since I have been compelled to write a review for a drama. Not that I haven't seen good (or bad for that matter) dramas lately, just that, none of them made me want to stop and sit and write about them. There was something so captivating about Moon Lovers that I had been hooked since the first episode. I binge watched it straight till the final episode and I am so glad I picked it up after it was completed, I wouldn't have been able to wait for weeks to watch the episodes otherwise. When I read the storyline I was kind of expecting something along the line of 'Faith', a drama that had already dealt with a modern character being stuck in history due to rare astronomical occurrences. I had loved Faith and wasn't sure how this drama could handle something similar and stand out or trip and fall, even.

I have been pleasantly surprised at every turn when it comes to the drama. The story was so beautifully unfolded that I didn't even realize I had spent 20 hours watching it. The pace was so thrilling, the sub-plots so well blended with one another, the twists were thrilling, it was a memorable journey from the first scene till the last. The way the writers have handled all the characters and their individual stories as well is commendable. I found myself warming up to the characters unexpectedly. Until the very end I was skeptical, rational and kept my wits, but the finale did it. Such a marvelous beauty. It's going to be a long, long time before I forget the characters, the story or this drama.

I won't lie. Lee Joon Ki drew me into the drama. I probably wouldn't have picked this amazing drama up in the first place if it hadn't been for him. I might have missed out, but then I think it is safe to say that one of the MAJOR reasons this show was so unforgettable was because of him. I haven't seen such a powerful performance by an actor in such a long time. He made me feel bad for him, he made me fall for him, he made me laugh, he made me hate him, he made me cry with him. Until the very end, this guy held my attention like my life depended on it. IU was so so SO GOOD! I was pleasantly surprised by her dynamic acting. I'd only seen her in Bel Ami and it wasn't really a.. stellar show to say the least, but she gave such a brilliant portrayal of an amazingly strong character. I'd say nice things about all the cast and end up writing a 10 page review, so I'll just sum it up by saying that except maybe a little overacting on the part of a few people who were playing the roles of pedestrians on the streets, remarkable acting on everyone's part! (I hope you got that joke :3 )

I'm currently listening to at least 4 of the OSTs on loop since the last few hours. Hauntingly beautiful pieces were created for this drama I must say. A couple of them raised goosebumps on my arm. Even if you don't feel like watching this show (although you must!), you should definitely listen to the soundtracks, they're that good.

I would start re-watching this right this instant, but I won't. Solely because I am now waiting for a second season to this drama. I really really hope they make one. I'd read the reviews and comments while watching it and people were really sad in general. They kept saying how this was such a sad drama and a tragedy. It was, but it was also breathtakingly beautiful. I'm tearing up just remembering it. The love between the characters, be it Wang So and Hae Soo, or the brothers (the ones who got along anyway), or the families, was heart-wrenching. I'm definitely rewatching this show even if the second season doesn't come out (but please SBS make the second season! *kneels and begs*).

I have been shaken up by this show in a hundred ways. I love it when a drama I don't expect to be good turns out to be one of the best shows I have seen in my life. It was so human, so real. All the people in it were human, they made mistakes, they had flaws, they loved, they hated, they were weak, but they were also really strong. I'd recommend this drama to everyone, regardless of your favorite genre. It deserves to be seen. You might not like it (I bet you will though), but you won't be able to forget it.

Falling for Innocence
Aug 1, 2016
It was on a whim that I began watching the show while I was looking for some KDrama on Netflix, and this title popped up. Funnily I recalled having seen the first episode while it was airing back in 2015, and funnily, it didn't capture my attention as much as it did this time. I cannot comprehend a single reason for that because I genuinely loved every bit of this show. So much so that I stayed up all night just to finish all the episodes without any breaks. Yes, this drama brought back my crazed need to finish a Kdrama at a stretch when I pick one. It is EVERYTHING you are looking for when you want to watch a heartfelt rom-com.

It's not a very original idea for a story, honestly, but who said it has to be original to be beautiful? The best part about the whole thing was that it never felt redundant, I never experienced the "Pfft-Not-Again" feeling that one usually ends up feeling when you watch rom-coms. The plot was well paced out, with enough content to cover 16 episodes impressively. Even when there were switches in the subplots, I didn't feel the awkwardness of it. And the story itself is so beautiful! I know I've already used that word for it once, but it just IS that beautiful. Just as the characters. Every character felt so real. The lead guy was never perfect, neither was the leading lady. Everybody made mistakes, everybody had doubts, everybody was human. The only issue I had was with the last 10 minutes of the last episode. I felt they could have explained things a little more smoothly. It felt just a little abrupt. Do get to the end and maybe you'll understand what I mean. But please, do get to the end. The journey matters more than the destination right? :)

The cast. Oh the cast. Kdramas keep making me realize there's so much acting talent in the world that I'm missing. The one jewel I discovered in this drama was Jung Kyung Ho. He was ridiculous, he was charming, he was obnoxious, he was adorable, he was a jerk, he was a hero. He stole the show. Not saying the rest of the cast didn't do a good job, I loved the leading lady's work as well, along with every other cast member, down right to the gritty-voiced Ahjussi Jung Kyung Ho mimics flawlessly. But every time I recall this show, I think I will fall again for Jung Kyung Ho (Did that rhyme?)

I loved the background score, it didn't seem out of place at all, and though one only gets to hear bits and pieces of it, mostly during the end credits of the episode, I listened to the whole thing without skipping to the end. That says something I guess.

YES YES YES. I would definitely rewatch this. Maybe not right away, but every time I feel down and want to feel good, I would watch this again. I waited for a day before writing this review because I didn't want to go overboard with my emotions that were so riled up when I finished it last morning. I had been crying like a baby (not exaggerating) by the end of the last episode. And when a show affects me to that level, I tend to recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a good show in the rom-com genre.

This isn't your average feel good rom-com either. It is a really well-made, well-acted show that you will definitely remember for a long long time. Must watch!

Kill Me, Heal Me
May 3, 2015
Brilliant. Genius. Beautiful. Heart-wrenching. Heart warming. Unforgettable. These are the words that are spinning in my head as I write this after just finishing the show. The potential was evident from the first episode and everyone delivered on the expectations that became exponentially high, even till the last minute of the show. There were moments when I wasn't sure how the story would move froward from that point or how they were thinking of executing a plot, but the writers wove the story so beautifully, everything just unfolds itself smoothly, it just wraps you up in a cocoon you never want to come out of. There was such warmth in the show, it's unbelievable.

If you had to summarize the story of this show, it'd be pretty simple, could be done in a few lines. To have given a lifelong worth of depth to those few lines, to have brought alive the events in the life of the characters, to have made us feel what what the characters were going through with such beautiful narratives, the writers need to be commended. The plots could have easily gone awry in so many places, but EVERY plot, every character, every loose end - have all been taken care of with remarkable finesse. There are zero complaints or unsatisfied worms lingering in my head, none.

Where do I begin with the actors? Where? I've been blown away, drowned, burned, buried, shocked - you name it - by every actor in this wonderful show. Ji Sung left me begging for more of him, even when he was present in 90% of the scenes, I just wanted more. "I wish that the time would stop, and that I could be with you forever", that's all that I felt every time he appeared. This guy can ACT, and he did a bloody brilliant job in this show. To have portrayed 7 personalities, is commendable. To have played 7 personalities with such absolute perfection, is downright worth worshiping him for. There wasn't a moment went he faltered in his performances, never a flaw, never a single crack in his portrayal. Be it the grumpy, violent, protective, dashing and charming Shin Se Gi; the middle-aged, goofy, bomb-making, beer-loving, accented Perry Park; the quite, calm, suicidal teen-genius Ahn Yo Sub; the foul-mouthed, oppa-crazy, troublemaker twin sister of Ahn Yo Sub, Ahn Yo Na; and the less frequently appearing 7-year old Nana, or Mysterious Mr. X; Ji Sung has lived and brought to life each of them. I didn't know it was even possible to be able to do such a thing! I had to literally pause the episodes and look at his face to believe in the changes. His eyes changed, how does one do that. Just with his expressions, his gaze, his very demeanor it was obvious as to which personality it was. He wasn't just Cha Do Hyun behaving like someone else, he WAS someone else. And it was one of the best performances by any actor that I've seen. My opinion of Ji Sung has reached the Sun.

The lead lady Hwng Jung Eum came as a surprise to me. I've ever seen her works before and I'm glad I began with this show. She handled every scene so well. She was goofy and loud and cute and serious and mature and terrified and depressed - and every emotion was conveyed very nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing her other works. Park Seo Joon was a delight to watch, that guy made me laugh and cry with equal flare. His character was simply brilliant, very heart touching. It would be unfair to the others if I focused on a few actors more than the other but these three deserved the mentions, the rest of the cast did a pretty great job as well. They're the ones who were able to make the script, story and direction work.

I don't know what I had in mind when I began the show, what it was that I had expected it would turn out to be, but whatever it was, it was nothing compared to what I actually got. The stories of each personality, their traits, the personality itself grows on you so much that it's hard to let them go. I found myself hoping for them to come out sometimes. I grew to love every facet, every broken piece of Cha Do Hyun. I was sobbing harder with every farewell. It felt as if you're losing a person rather than a personality. The story of each character in this show is going to be in my heart for a long, long time.

I'm really glad I picked up this show, it is one of the best I have seen. The level of brilliance is more than worth watching. I'm already looking forward to rewatching it in the near future. I don't think I've had enough of the characters yet.

The kind of show that Kill Me Heal Me is, you don't need any reasons to watch it, all you have to do it watch the first episode for a couple of minutes and you'll be irrevocably hooked, just as I was. It's everything you want in a drama of this genre. Everything and more. Don't miss out on this one, you'll be passing on a masterpiece.

Pinocchio
Jan 16, 2015
I cannot recall the last show that I found so gripping and intelligently written. I feel that this show has raised the bar for me and placed it considerably high. I simply didn't want it to end! A show that had me hooked from the 1st episode to the last one without a single low point or a hitch - it's hard to come across those. I'd like to warn you that this review might be a long one, but such a show deserves nothing but unabridged words from the heart.

The story was simply genius. The twists and turns didn't seem deliberate, the characters were true to life, the sub-plots were all significant as well! Nothing, and I really mean NOTHING was out of place. No side characters seemed forcefully added or hastily exited (Although the finale did seem to exclude an end to a tiny plot the writers were building, but I'm willing to squelch that itch in my brain). The story itself taught so much! I still remember the great things I learned from I Hear Your Voice and the writers haven't failed to teach me several things in this show either. There was such commendable courage, unconditional love, and selflessness shown in this drama, it simplifies many things that have become complicated in our lives these days. The main pivotal element, that brought freshness and brilliancy to the story, was the drama's namesake medical condition - Pinocchio Syndrome. The inability to lie brings such delightful reprieve from all the deceits and hidden truths and misunderstandings that come along with relationships. If only people were usually so honest and open about their emotions, things wouldn't be so complex. There are some of the most beautiful bonds that I saw in this show that I will never forget. I could go on and on about how remarkable the story of this show was, and still not say enough.

I need to take a deep breath before I begin about the actors. Why? Because I need to make coherent sentences from the heap of positive adjectives that are popping in my head. All I can think of, are words such as - Perfect, incredible, incomparable, outstanding, amazing, brilliant, etc. etc. I can certainly say that from the leads to the guest appearances, EVERY single actor, that worked on this show, deserves an applause or a pat on the back at least. I've never seen such a plethora of great performances, all in one show. Each performance of the actors seems to be imprinted in my head. Lee Jong Suk was positively dazzling throughout the series! And Park Shin Hye pleasantly surprised me with her remarkable portrayal of Choi In Ha. I'd never been a fan of hers, but I have to admit, she gave an absolutely stunning performance. The veteran actors, that were part of the cast, need no extra praise, they were great as always. A special mention for Jin Kyung and Kim Hae Sook though, these two ladies gave such captivating performances as the antagonists that I couldn't help but respect and admire their characters even while hating them. Kim Young Kwang and Lee Yoo Bi looked really promising! I've seen other works by these two, but Pinocchio definitely brought out the best of them, as well as every other actor in the cast.

The OSTs in the drama struck a chord in every situation they were played in. The music really brought forth the emotions and conveyed the intensity of the moments spectacularly. There were so many scenes where I simply shed tears because of the perfect harmony of the music and the script.

Which reminds me to mention the powerful script that the show had! Such impactful words, such brilliant dialogues! The chemistry between, not just the lead pair, but every actor was evident and impressive. I've run out of adjectives that I usually get to use while describing a show, but I still have many things I haven't been able to mention. The list of things that worked in the favor of the show is too long to post in this already too long review. If anybody has had the patience to read till now, I'd like to request you Dear Reader, do not let anything stop you from watching this show, it'll be one of the best you've ever seen. I can guarantee that. I'm off to place this in the top slot of my favorite dramas.

Bad Guys
Jan 10, 2015
Bad Guys was an amazing experience. I saw some spectacular acting, a solid plot, unwavering edginess that made the watch all the more thrilling. It's one of the best thrillers I have seen. Why the overall rating of 9 then? Because I can't find myself being thoroughly satiated. Maybe it's got something to do with the weekly episodes that made the ride a haling one, or maybe it was because I wanted there to be more. If this is not the end of the series, I'll gladly take back my 9 and reward it with the 10 it deserves, but if there isn't a 2nd season, I'll definitely be disappointed and unsatisfied.

The plot was just brilliant! I loved the premise and the setting of the story. It's one of those stories that I could watch anytime without hesitation. The synopsis was enough to reel me in. The characters that the writers created were superb. Such depth to each character, such detail that you forget it's just fiction. The story had it's share of twists and turns that kept me at the edge of my seat. And the show didn't break it's streak until the end, which is commendable.

I simply bow down to the cast of this show. I saw some of the best performances I have come across in the time since I started recognizing good performances :P The actors are a part of the reason I'm silently praying for a next season. Anyone who's seen this show will probably agree with me that the actors did praiseworthy work.

It was an absolutely wonderful show, one of the best I have seen. I just need another season to make it perfect. Don't miss out on this one though.

Love 911
Dec 21, 2014
When you watch a great movie such as this, I don't mind being generous with my ratings :D What I thought would be a feel good romantic comedy flick turned out to be so much more, and I'm not complaining. I loved every moment of this movie, almost didn't want it to end! I thoroughly enjoyed the novelty of the characters and the work that the actors did.

If you read the synopsis, it might seem like one you've read or seen before, and it is, objectively. But the manner in which the story was written and told, it was absolutely delightful to watch. Everything felt just right and nothing seemed to be rushed, the character development, the interactions, emotions, incidents that happened - everything was timed right. And the characters.. I just loved them! The character of Go Mi Seo was so refreshing to watch!

The casting was spot on. Everybody seemed to be doing a great job with their respective roles. Han Hyo Joo and Go Soo were adorable together! Amazing chemistry. I discovered Go Soo in this movie, and I think I'll stalk him a little after now :D

I cannot really focus on the music on movies unless something really stands out, in this case two songs stood out - Along Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan and the track that plays at the end of the movie (I LOVED that one). I don't recall anything else, which is good as well because it must have blended in well with the scenes :P

Absolutely worth rewatching! I'm so happy I have such movies to watch again with friends or even alone. A thoroughly enjoyable experience while watching the movie, it made me laugh, it made me smile, it made me wince, I might have even teared up a little once - in short, it touched my heart. I'd definitely recommend this to those who haven't seen it already!

Always
Dec 21, 2014
I really thought I'd think over every review aspect and then rate this movie but after watching it, every possible calculation has gone out of the window. I cannot give anything less than a 10 to any category. The movie surpassed any presumptions, any expectations I had before I began watching it. I could literally feel my heart swelling up with emotions while I was watching the film. I'm writing this with still-wet and puffy eyes, sniffling but smiling nonetheless.

The synopsis had me believing that there wouldn't be much alterations in the conventional storyline concerning a blind girl and a coconut-like guy. If I'm being honest, yes the basic story was pretty much by the book. Having said that though, I would like to clarify that, despite there being no creative and novel plot twists, this movie still managed to make me feel as if I was watching this scenario for the first time. The freshness and the warmth was unparalleled. I fell in love with the premise, the characters, their habits, everything! Even though this was not a novel concept, the story still deserves a perfect 10 for the way it was written and executed. It's one of the best depicted love stories I have ever seen.

Where do I even begin about the actors.. The female lead (this is the first time I've seen her work) was spectacular! She gave a praiseworthy natural performance, you'd have a hard time believing that she isn't blind in real. I can recall there is a scene where she shines the torchlight in her eyes, with the torch a mere inch or two away from her eyes and she doesn't show a spec of emotion on her face! Brilliant work. And So Ji Sub was a pure delight to watch, he came off as such an endearing and likable person, especially in all his efforts at redemption. The two have a very heartwarming chemistry as well, you feel all giddy and joyous just looking at the two of them.

The music stood out even though it was a movie and music rarely leaves a mark during films. But I loved the soundtracks used in this film, definitely added to the beauty of the story.

Even as I'm writing this review I want to watch the movie again :P This movie is definitely something I'll rewatch and make my friends watch too, it deserves to be seen. The bonds between the characters that are shown in the film are very memorable and you take them with you even after you finish watching it. You remember all the little details that touched your heart and make you feel good all over again.

I highly recommend this beautiful movie to everyone who wants to watch a movie that'll leave a fond memory :)

My Lovely Girl
Nov 7, 2014
I've been reading a lot of flak about this drama since I began watching it. One thing I've read everywhere is that if this drama was one thing, it's boring. I don't really agree with that. It's got a really mellow pace, which admittedly could be boring to some. But those are not the same things. I can say I did enjoy watching the show. I'm a very impatient person and I was able to go through the whole show in a couple of days without skipping any parts.

Though I wouldn't deny there were a few unnecessary sub-plots that didn't really add much to the show, and in all honesty just filled up the gaps, but I'm willing to overlook those for the sake of the love story that was being shown. I liked the story. It seemed realistic and plausible. The characters in themselves were quite real in my opinion, I can almost believe that this was a real story. Sure, there aren't many thrilling or omg moments in the story, but it is still very endearing at a core level.

The romance in the show was the key point that kept me hooked. I forgot I was watching Rain, Krystal, L or any other actor, I was just looking at the characters in the story. Some found the coupling of Hyun Wook and Se Na quite odd, which is surprising because they played their parts quite well. We have a thiry-something old guy who's just coping with the loss of his love and a young twenty-something sister of that guy's love, who in a turn of events fall in love with each other. Obviously you cannot expect it to be a typical by-the-book romance. There are too many emotions, too many things between them to have a carefree love story. But what you do have is a fundamentally understanding and loving relationship. It doesn't always have to be heady, some love stories are just plain sweet.

I'm going to admit I started watching the show because of Rain. The story was interesting but, Rain pulled me in. I loved watching him act, and since there's no doubt in his acting prowess I will not elaborate on that scene. This was the first time I heard of Krystal (I'm not an avid KPop follower) and was intrigued. I wouldn't say she's really good, or bad, just that she played her character well. It could have easily turned into a whiny annoying damsel in distress sort of a portrayal but she did better than my expectations (which were very low to begin with but anyway). L was okay. Frankly he seemed out of his skin sometimes, acting is definitely something he'll have to work on. I'm not judging him, I haven't heard his music, cannot comment on him there, just stating my opinion about his acting. The rest of the cast was fine, nobody stood out really.

I loved the music! It felt fresh and heart-warming. Krystal's voice in her song was too sharp for my taste earlier but it grew on me. But the song 'I Want you' was.. magical. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I hear it. It's a song that makes you want to be in love. The show's got a good OST overall. Worth listening.

Although I enjoyed watching the series, I wouldn't say I'd watch it again. For some reason, it feels like a story that I've heard and which I'll definitely remember, but repeating it might take away it's beauty. I don't know if I make sense, but there are some stories that I just read or watch once and then never again even if they're quite amazing. I want to relish in the feel of the first watch or read. Makes them more real, like something I might have actually witnessed in my life which won't repeat itself in the future. Makes me want to remember all of it.

All in all I'd say I was smitten with the show throughout the airing. I loved watching the actors, I loved how the story unfolded, I forgot about the cliches, I forgot about what's right what's wrong, all I focused on was the fact that love prevailed no matter what and that Hyun Wook and Se Na deserved to be happy together.

It's a lovely story, which deserves to be seen. But my unbiased verdict would be to watch it only and only if you're willing to keep an open mind and not get into the bog of what's right and what's wrong and what should have been done and how. Also, if you want an exciting and thrilling romance, this show is not for you. What we have here is a calm and ordinarily paced story that feels true to life. It's not everybody's cup of tea. I'd recommend it to the true romantics though.

Fated to Love You
Sep 5, 2014
I've spent so much time crying and laughing with this show that it's really hard to believe it's come to an end, it feels as if a part of me is gone now.. The characters have made a place in my heart and it's going to be really hard to forget them, not that I want to. This has been one of those shows that I absolutely fell in love with from the very first episode and stayed madly in love until the last. It's very rare for that to happen for me because at some point or the other something puts me off. But not with FTLY. I fell hard and deep with this one.

What's so amazing about this show is that it's got such a simple storyline. You basically know the beginning, the middle and the end inside out. You know what's going to happen and how. Despite all of that, for the fact that you still anticipate every episode, still blush and giggle at the romantic moments and still cry your eyes out at the sad ones, the writers deserve commendation. A truly beautifully written show with direction. The pace was so smooth, the transitions were so effortless that you just go with the flow of things and I never thought I was watching a show, rather listening to someone's story. There's a huge difference if you really think about it.

I already know that there was a Taiwanese version of this show (which I haven't watched) plus there was the usual girl-meets-boy plot so I can't really say it's a very original concept. I can't compare the show versions either without watching the Taiwanese version either. But all I can say is, this show occupies a truly special space in my heart. I've cried in many dramas, but this is only the second time that I've cried while feeling the characters' pain deep in my bones (the first being in Love Rain)

The main credit for this attachment that I have for the show goes to the actors. Jang Hyuk simply blew me away. He is such an outstanding actor. I've fallen in love with his acting. Since I began the show I've seen a couple more of his works and he was just wow. You can just look at his work and see that he is a really brilliant and seasoned actor. There's this special magnetic quality about him that you just cannot take your eyes off the screen when he's on. It doesn't matter what he's doing, you'll still watch him. And he played the role of Gun to perfection. He WAS Gun. The parts where there's sadness, Jang Hyuk makes you bawl your eyes out. His eyes are lethal. His mannerisms are so bloody realistic that you just feel so mesmerized and forget that it's just a show and not something that's happening in real. He's beyond words.

While I couldn't connect with Jang Na Ra's acting in the earlier episodes, she totally captivated me later with her ability to live her character. These two phenomenal actors gave such a breathtaking performance that it's hard not to fall for them and their characters. The support cast was equally good. There moments of ridiculous comedy but they were quite endearing too. I couldn't make out any mis-castings.

The music. Oh lord what do I say about the music of this drama! It is simply magical. I can't think of another word. It's got the power to transport you to another world. To the world of FTLY. Even now when I listen to the tracks Goodbye My Love (By Ailee) and Destiny Sonata (By Jung Dong Ha) I get lost in the flashbacks of this show and my eyes end up tearing. It's embarrassing but that's what the music of this show does to me, especially these two songs. Such powerful melody and lyrics, it just goes straight to your heart and you feel the emotions. Perfectly made for the show.

I will definitely absolutely without fail rewatch this drama. I don't think I'd be able to live without watching Gun and MiYoung for long. The couple was one of the best I have ever seen in any RomCom. I will recommend this drama to everyone who loves to watch a good love story, or wants to see some really good acting by some of the most brilliant actors around. This is so much more than just another RomCom. This show becomes a part of your life. Don't miss it!

Innocent Thing
Aug 30, 2014
I'm still shaking off goosebumps after finishing the movie. I thought I knew what I was getting into and I prepared myself for it but I didn't know I'd still be this jarred. I'm not really sure yet whether I like this movie or not, but what I cannot deny is that it is a very strong and solid film.

The story is not a very complicated one. You have an obsessive school girl who's crazy about her teacher and thinks what they have is love. The teacher wavers slightly and pays the price for it with his family at stake. A simple setting but what sets this movie apart are the layers of complexities in each character's personality. More so than the obsession, the film makes you see these characters as individuals whose stories you are watching. A really well directed and written piece.

The actors did a splendid job. Jang Hyuk and Jo Bo Ah were completely engrossed in their roles. I really need to mention that these people have a huge age gap in real life and to portray such a tender and hard-to-digest topic with such realism is commendable. There were times when I was too repulsed to watch the scenes but couldn't take my eyes off of the screen because the actors were doing such a brilliant job. Worth the watch for the actors' work if not anything else.

It is definitely not something just anybody can see. You need the appetite for this sort of movie. When they say there's lust, betrayal, obsession and revenge, they mean it. There's no sugarcoating anything here. Just raw emotions. In fact, I don't think I'd be able to watch this movie again even if I wanted to. Everyone gave such a powerful performance, It's going to stay in my head for a long time.

I might not have enjoyed this movie in the true sense of enjoying a movie, but I sure respect and admire the work. It's a really good movie. Not made for everyone though. It's also rated R because of explicit scenes that are shown, but there's nothing extremely offensive about them. So that's another thing to consider before watching the movie if you're not ready for that sort of content.

The Master's Sun
Aug 30, 2014
Another highly acclaimed and loved drama that I was putting off (It's become my habit to that) and regretting watching it so late. But better late than never. You should also take that into account and watch this show if you haven't yet, you're missing out on some really good writing and acting.

The story had me hooked right from the beginning. The moment I read the synopsis I knew I wanted to watch the show, but again the generally high ratings were turning me off a little, as I didn't want to start the show with unrealistic expectations. I began it nonetheless and to be honest I should have lowered my expectations a little and I might have enjoyed it more, much more than what I felt this time. The execution and direction was praiseworthy. The horror element could have easily become pitiable and downright miserable, but the writers kept a good balance between spooky and funny. The pace of the show is.. good. I wouldn't say it is perfect since it gets a little draggy in the middle, but that usually happens in almost all the dramas, even the really good ones, so it's not really something you should base your decision on, just giving you a heads up.

The actors. Wow. Impeccable work. Su Ji Sub was a pure delight to watch on the screen. His persona and charm as Joong Won was impressive. I could easily connect with the character because of him. Same goes for Hyo Jin. I'm currently watching another work of her's (It's Okay It's Love) and she's simply marvelous. I loved the work of each actor in this show. Each and everyone. I'm definitely going to try other works by these actors.

The OST of this drama was really likable. The songs were beautiful and catchy, and put forth the emotions well. The melody of the tracks especially, was quite soothing.

Despite the fact that there is so much I like in this show, there are things that stopped me from giving it a perfect overall 10 rating. It's definitely one of the shows I could rewatch again without much hesitation. But there was still the slight glitch that I faced towards the later part of the show. Too much push-pull tactic going on between the lead pair for my taste. Granted it's not unreasonable and foolish, there's a good solid reasoning behind it, but for me, it went on a little too long. But the writers need to be commended for giving a good and proper ending to the show. I was really happy with the finale. Almost so much that I forgot about the way it was dragged :P

Either way, don't let anything stop you from trying out this show. It's absolutely worth the watch. All the genres that the drama incorporates (Horror, Romance, Mystery, Comedy), everything is in a perfect blend and nothing overpowers the other. A really well crafted show. Don't miss it!

Marriage, Not Dating
Aug 24, 2014
Romantic Comedies are my favorite genre when it comes to Korean dramas or movies. I'm a sucker for a good romcom. Marriage, Not Dating did not disappoint me. Mainly because I didn't start it with much expectations. I'd never seen any of the actors' works before except for Yun Woo Jin, whom I saw in Arang and The Magistrate, and I can say it was a dark role and I couldn't really imagine him as a lead in a romcom. But the show is such a light breezy take on a veteran plot, you never feel as feel you're being dragged through something you've already seen a lot of times. A major plus point.

The story like I mentioned earlier is definitely not new. I've seen it quite a few times now. You basically know the story inside out even before you begin watching the show. Why watch this show then? Because it's a got a freshness that you will find rejuvenating. Granted, there are no major twists that you should be anticipating. What makes this drama good is the way the plot has been executed. You can think of it as a traditional dish that has been made with the same ingredients but has a different flavor. I hope I made sense there.

As far as the acting is concerned, I won't say I'm thoroughly impressed with the whole cast. Some performances did stand out. Yun Woo Jin surprised me the most and stood out far more than anyone else. The main reason for that could be that since I'd only seen him in a dark and gloomy role as a second lead, it was an eyebrow-raising and praiseworthy performance by him as the multi-faceted Gong Gi Tae. My thoughts about Han Groo are stuck in the grey area between like and dislike. In some of the scenes she did a brilliant job with her character, whereas in others it felt a little over the top. But I guess it's all a part of the package. There wasn't any actor/actress that I found unfit for their role. Just that nobody really stood out other than Yun Woo Jin. No negative marks here.

The music in this show was quite good. Quirky, peppy tracks are sprinkled throughout most of the episodes, and a couple of sad tracks dot the story here and there. I'd say the peppy tracks were pretty decent and easy on the ears. The mellow ones, though nice, didn't really leave an impact. Not really complaining.

Even though I enjoyed the drama very much, and looked forward to the next episodes, I'm in two minds about watching it again. Maybe that's because I just finished watching it. But either way, I wouldn't put it off the ReWatch list just yet. Maybe in a few months or an year or two perhaps. Although, I should mention it HAS got quite a bit of cute romantics scenes and real kisses you feel in your toes.

Overall, it was a good experience. I don't think I wasted any of my time with the show, that's a really good thing if you take into account that it basically took 16+ hours of my life to get to the show's end. And if I'm being honest, I think I really will miss the lead pair a little bit. They are those sort of characters, ones that grow on you and you don't even realize that until you find yourself missing them out of the blue. Well written characters, solid execution and no dragging at all. I'd take this RomCom without a second thought if I hadn't already seen it :P

Emergency Couple
Aug 13, 2014
This is the second medical drama that I've seen (the first one being Doctor Stranger). Both the dramas were of a different genre so I can't really compare them but despite that fact where one drama disappointed me time and again (I guess we all know about the downfall of DS), the other surpassed all the expectations I had from it.

I wouldn't call the story of this drama a work of a genius but it was a fresh concept for me and worked really well on screen too. The characters were quite realistic and believable. I had fun following all the stories that were strung together in an enjoyable manner. The thing I loved about the drama was that even though there were many cameos and supporting casts that appeared infrequently, nobody seemed like an extra piece. I especially enjoyed the ER scenes. Though I couldn't understand more than half of medical conditions and treatments they spoke about, I could really feel the tension and the panic they tried to show. It was completely natural and effortless on the writers' part.

The actors did a splendid job in my opinion. They practically didn't look like actors to me but rather as actual doctors/interns. They must have worked their asses off to get the right feel for their characters. Kudos to them. Much of the credit for the love I have for this show goes to the actors because they made me fall in love with the drama in the first place. The chemistry between all the couples(and also almost-couples) was great, nothing seemed out of place. The baby who plays the character of Gook deserves a special mention because he was absolutely adorable in whatever shot he gave! :D

Honestly, during the first few episodes the music almost ticked me off because I couldn't connect with it at all. Especially when they played the songs at the end of the episode. Those songs were frankly VERY misplaced. The end of the episode would be on a mellow or sad note and then suddenly you'd have this super peppy song as an end theme. But as the show progressed they rectified that I guess because even the songs got better and felt more natural. By the end of the show I was in love with the OST track 'Scent of a Flower'. Both the male and female versions were beautiful. Choi Jin Hyuk has a knee-wobbling voice. Worth a listen!

I could definitely watch this drama again in a while. Not in the immediate future but maybe in a few months. A well acted and executed drama that I really like surprisingly. The finale of the drama was a treat to watch as well. Nothing felt rushed, everybody got their ends properly. The reason I have given the show a 9/10 rather than a 10/10 despite liking it so much is because although I really appreciate the fact that they gave a good end, it felt a little incomplete for my taste. This is not a flaw, mind you. Maybe the writers left the rest for us to imagine but in my personal opinion I'd have liked it more if they could have wrapped it up in a more definitive manner.

I have absolutely no other complains with the show, it was a delight to watch! Don't miss it :)

Finding Mr. Destiny
Jul 30, 2014
I absolutely loved everything about this movie. The way it was directed, the story, the actors, the premise, the end, music, cinematography, every single thing. This is the sort of romantic comedy I look for.

The concept for finding your first love again struck a chord with me and made me watch this on a whim. It turned out to be one of the best romantic comedies I've seen. The story was so captivating, the characters were so credible and relatable, I just sat through the movie in awe. The story takes a few minutes to settle in, though. You feel as if you're being fed random scenes but it all starts to make sense in about 20 mins max. And you forget about the initial confusion once you get engrossed in the film. The dilemma, the fear of pursuing your first love again has been portrayed amazingly.

Acting skills are not necessarily tested in a romantic comedy movie but the actors need to grasp the characters well and portray their emotions correctly. The lead pair managed to do more than that. They managed to imprint the characters in my memory. Great work by everyone!

The music is quite nice, I especially like the musical portion of the movie, it was really well done and Im Su Jeong did a classy performance!

This is a movie I will be rewatching time and again for sure. It's going down as one of my all time favorites. I just loved the whole feel of the movie and the things I got to learn from it. It's not overly mushy, it's not overly serious or comic either. It's got the perfect blend of everything and I enjoyed every bit of it.

This movie will hold a special part in my heart for a long time, it was such a great experience and moreover it was shot in my city (Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India a.k.a Blue City), all the more reason to cherish it. Worth the watch!

Classic
Jul 30, 2014
There were about 35 minutes left for the movie to get over and I'd already given a rating of 8.5 thinking nothing could redeem the rating now at this point. The scores I've given now after finishing the movie tell a whole different story. This is the magic of the movie. A good movie turned into a beautiful story in a matter of 30 minutes. I'm still holding back tears as I type the review.

I began the movie thinking I already had the plot figured out. While watching the movie I still thought that this isn't such a great movie maybe. By the end I was choked up and bawling my eyes out. The story takes such an unexpected turn towards the end that you just never see it coming. It was a beautifully woven tale about the love stories of a mother and daughter. In fact, as far as unrequited love stories go, this has got to be my favorite one. Usually at the end of those, I'm cursing the characters for their foolishness but this time, I was awestruck by the sheer power of sentiments and reality when it comes to loving someone you cannot be with. The strongest part of the movie, as well as the best, is the story.

The actors were all truly amazing. Son Ye Jin is one of my favorite actors and she never fails to impress me. She did a great job playing both the roles and brought credibility to the screen. Jo Seung Woo was brilliant from the first scene he appeared in, you just love the guy by the end. Jo In Sung and Lee Ki Woo had smaller roles but were pretty good in their own respect.

I never usually notice the music in a movie because there's not much time, not much focus on it. But the music of this movie was heartbreaking and heartwarming-ly beautiful. The instrumental theme of the movie made me feel bittersweet, like an unrequited love.

I could definitely watch this movie again but maybe in a little while, not in the near future. I'd like to see it again when the effect of this tie wears off and I need to be reminded that yes not all the love stories get their happy ends but life moves on nevertheless.

A must watch movie for everybody. Steer clear if you don't like too of much emotional hooha. But I'd still recommend it anyway because it's just that brilliant!