• Last Online: 1 day ago

ShreeyaSharma

India
The Master's Sun
Aug 30, 2014
Another highly acclaimed and loved drama that I was putting off (It's become my habit to that) and regretting watching it so late. But better late than never. You should also take that into account and watch this show if you haven't yet, you're missing out on some really good writing and acting.

The story had me hooked right from the beginning. The moment I read the synopsis I knew I wanted to watch the show, but again the generally high ratings were turning me off a little, as I didn't want to start the show with unrealistic expectations. I began it nonetheless and to be honest I should have lowered my expectations a little and I might have enjoyed it more, much more than what I felt this time. The execution and direction was praiseworthy. The horror element could have easily become pitiable and downright miserable, but the writers kept a good balance between spooky and funny. The pace of the show is.. good. I wouldn't say it is perfect since it gets a little draggy in the middle, but that usually happens in almost all the dramas, even the really good ones, so it's not really something you should base your decision on, just giving you a heads up.

The actors. Wow. Impeccable work. Su Ji Sub was a pure delight to watch on the screen. His persona and charm as Joong Won was impressive. I could easily connect with the character because of him. Same goes for Hyo Jin. I'm currently watching another work of her's (It's Okay It's Love) and she's simply marvelous. I loved the work of each actor in this show. Each and everyone. I'm definitely going to try other works by these actors.

The OST of this drama was really likable. The songs were beautiful and catchy, and put forth the emotions well. The melody of the tracks especially, was quite soothing.

Despite the fact that there is so much I like in this show, there are things that stopped me from giving it a perfect overall 10 rating. It's definitely one of the shows I could rewatch again without much hesitation. But there was still the slight glitch that I faced towards the later part of the show. Too much push-pull tactic going on between the lead pair for my taste. Granted it's not unreasonable and foolish, there's a good solid reasoning behind it, but for me, it went on a little too long. But the writers need to be commended for giving a good and proper ending to the show. I was really happy with the finale. Almost so much that I forgot about the way it was dragged :P

Either way, don't let anything stop you from trying out this show. It's absolutely worth the watch. All the genres that the drama incorporates (Horror, Romance, Mystery, Comedy), everything is in a perfect blend and nothing overpowers the other. A really well crafted show. Don't miss it!

Pinocchio
Jan 16, 2015
I cannot recall the last show that I found so gripping and intelligently written. I feel that this show has raised the bar for me and placed it considerably high. I simply didn't want it to end! A show that had me hooked from the 1st episode to the last one without a single low point or a hitch - it's hard to come across those. I'd like to warn you that this review might be a long one, but such a show deserves nothing but unabridged words from the heart.

The story was simply genius. The twists and turns didn't seem deliberate, the characters were true to life, the sub-plots were all significant as well! Nothing, and I really mean NOTHING was out of place. No side characters seemed forcefully added or hastily exited (Although the finale did seem to exclude an end to a tiny plot the writers were building, but I'm willing to squelch that itch in my brain). The story itself taught so much! I still remember the great things I learned from I Hear Your Voice and the writers haven't failed to teach me several things in this show either. There was such commendable courage, unconditional love, and selflessness shown in this drama, it simplifies many things that have become complicated in our lives these days. The main pivotal element, that brought freshness and brilliancy to the story, was the drama's namesake medical condition - Pinocchio Syndrome. The inability to lie brings such delightful reprieve from all the deceits and hidden truths and misunderstandings that come along with relationships. If only people were usually so honest and open about their emotions, things wouldn't be so complex. There are some of the most beautiful bonds that I saw in this show that I will never forget. I could go on and on about how remarkable the story of this show was, and still not say enough.

I need to take a deep breath before I begin about the actors. Why? Because I need to make coherent sentences from the heap of positive adjectives that are popping in my head. All I can think of, are words such as - Perfect, incredible, incomparable, outstanding, amazing, brilliant, etc. etc. I can certainly say that from the leads to the guest appearances, EVERY single actor, that worked on this show, deserves an applause or a pat on the back at least. I've never seen such a plethora of great performances, all in one show. Each performance of the actors seems to be imprinted in my head. Lee Jong Suk was positively dazzling throughout the series! And Park Shin Hye pleasantly surprised me with her remarkable portrayal of Choi In Ha. I'd never been a fan of hers, but I have to admit, she gave an absolutely stunning performance. The veteran actors, that were part of the cast, need no extra praise, they were great as always. A special mention for Jin Kyung and Kim Hae Sook though, these two ladies gave such captivating performances as the antagonists that I couldn't help but respect and admire their characters even while hating them. Kim Young Kwang and Lee Yoo Bi looked really promising! I've seen other works by these two, but Pinocchio definitely brought out the best of them, as well as every other actor in the cast.

The OSTs in the drama struck a chord in every situation they were played in. The music really brought forth the emotions and conveyed the intensity of the moments spectacularly. There were so many scenes where I simply shed tears because of the perfect harmony of the music and the script.

Which reminds me to mention the powerful script that the show had! Such impactful words, such brilliant dialogues! The chemistry between, not just the lead pair, but every actor was evident and impressive. I've run out of adjectives that I usually get to use while describing a show, but I still have many things I haven't been able to mention. The list of things that worked in the favor of the show is too long to post in this already too long review. If anybody has had the patience to read till now, I'd like to request you Dear Reader, do not let anything stop you from watching this show, it'll be one of the best you've ever seen. I can guarantee that. I'm off to place this in the top slot of my favorite dramas.

Innocent Thing
Aug 30, 2014
I'm still shaking off goosebumps after finishing the movie. I thought I knew what I was getting into and I prepared myself for it but I didn't know I'd still be this jarred. I'm not really sure yet whether I like this movie or not, but what I cannot deny is that it is a very strong and solid film.

The story is not a very complicated one. You have an obsessive school girl who's crazy about her teacher and thinks what they have is love. The teacher wavers slightly and pays the price for it with his family at stake. A simple setting but what sets this movie apart are the layers of complexities in each character's personality. More so than the obsession, the film makes you see these characters as individuals whose stories you are watching. A really well directed and written piece.

The actors did a splendid job. Jang Hyuk and Jo Bo Ah were completely engrossed in their roles. I really need to mention that these people have a huge age gap in real life and to portray such a tender and hard-to-digest topic with such realism is commendable. There were times when I was too repulsed to watch the scenes but couldn't take my eyes off of the screen because the actors were doing such a brilliant job. Worth the watch for the actors' work if not anything else.

It is definitely not something just anybody can see. You need the appetite for this sort of movie. When they say there's lust, betrayal, obsession and revenge, they mean it. There's no sugarcoating anything here. Just raw emotions. In fact, I don't think I'd be able to watch this movie again even if I wanted to. Everyone gave such a powerful performance, It's going to stay in my head for a long time.

I might not have enjoyed this movie in the true sense of enjoying a movie, but I sure respect and admire the work. It's a really good movie. Not made for everyone though. It's also rated R because of explicit scenes that are shown, but there's nothing extremely offensive about them. So that's another thing to consider before watching the movie if you're not ready for that sort of content.

Kill Me, Heal Me
May 3, 2015
Brilliant. Genius. Beautiful. Heart-wrenching. Heart warming. Unforgettable. These are the words that are spinning in my head as I write this after just finishing the show. The potential was evident from the first episode and everyone delivered on the expectations that became exponentially high, even till the last minute of the show. There were moments when I wasn't sure how the story would move froward from that point or how they were thinking of executing a plot, but the writers wove the story so beautifully, everything just unfolds itself smoothly, it just wraps you up in a cocoon you never want to come out of. There was such warmth in the show, it's unbelievable.

If you had to summarize the story of this show, it'd be pretty simple, could be done in a few lines. To have given a lifelong worth of depth to those few lines, to have brought alive the events in the life of the characters, to have made us feel what what the characters were going through with such beautiful narratives, the writers need to be commended. The plots could have easily gone awry in so many places, but EVERY plot, every character, every loose end - have all been taken care of with remarkable finesse. There are zero complaints or unsatisfied worms lingering in my head, none.

Where do I begin with the actors? Where? I've been blown away, drowned, burned, buried, shocked - you name it - by every actor in this wonderful show. Ji Sung left me begging for more of him, even when he was present in 90% of the scenes, I just wanted more. "I wish that the time would stop, and that I could be with you forever", that's all that I felt every time he appeared. This guy can ACT, and he did a bloody brilliant job in this show. To have portrayed 7 personalities, is commendable. To have played 7 personalities with such absolute perfection, is downright worth worshiping him for. There wasn't a moment went he faltered in his performances, never a flaw, never a single crack in his portrayal. Be it the grumpy, violent, protective, dashing and charming Shin Se Gi; the middle-aged, goofy, bomb-making, beer-loving, accented Perry Park; the quite, calm, suicidal teen-genius Ahn Yo Sub; the foul-mouthed, oppa-crazy, troublemaker twin sister of Ahn Yo Sub, Ahn Yo Na; and the less frequently appearing 7-year old Nana, or Mysterious Mr. X; Ji Sung has lived and brought to life each of them. I didn't know it was even possible to be able to do such a thing! I had to literally pause the episodes and look at his face to believe in the changes. His eyes changed, how does one do that. Just with his expressions, his gaze, his very demeanor it was obvious as to which personality it was. He wasn't just Cha Do Hyun behaving like someone else, he WAS someone else. And it was one of the best performances by any actor that I've seen. My opinion of Ji Sung has reached the Sun.

The lead lady Hwng Jung Eum came as a surprise to me. I've ever seen her works before and I'm glad I began with this show. She handled every scene so well. She was goofy and loud and cute and serious and mature and terrified and depressed - and every emotion was conveyed very nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing her other works. Park Seo Joon was a delight to watch, that guy made me laugh and cry with equal flare. His character was simply brilliant, very heart touching. It would be unfair to the others if I focused on a few actors more than the other but these three deserved the mentions, the rest of the cast did a pretty great job as well. They're the ones who were able to make the script, story and direction work.

I don't know what I had in mind when I began the show, what it was that I had expected it would turn out to be, but whatever it was, it was nothing compared to what I actually got. The stories of each personality, their traits, the personality itself grows on you so much that it's hard to let them go. I found myself hoping for them to come out sometimes. I grew to love every facet, every broken piece of Cha Do Hyun. I was sobbing harder with every farewell. It felt as if you're losing a person rather than a personality. The story of each character in this show is going to be in my heart for a long, long time.

I'm really glad I picked up this show, it is one of the best I have seen. The level of brilliance is more than worth watching. I'm already looking forward to rewatching it in the near future. I don't think I've had enough of the characters yet.

The kind of show that Kill Me Heal Me is, you don't need any reasons to watch it, all you have to do it watch the first episode for a couple of minutes and you'll be irrevocably hooked, just as I was. It's everything you want in a drama of this genre. Everything and more. Don't miss out on this one, you'll be passing on a masterpiece.

Aug 10, 2017
It has been ages since I have been compelled to write a review for a drama. Not that I haven't seen good (or bad for that matter) dramas lately, just that, none of them made me want to stop and sit and write about them. There was something so captivating about Moon Lovers that I had been hooked since the first episode. I binge watched it straight till the final episode and I am so glad I picked it up after it was completed, I wouldn't have been able to wait for weeks to watch the episodes otherwise. When I read the storyline I was kind of expecting something along the line of 'Faith', a drama that had already dealt with a modern character being stuck in history due to rare astronomical occurrences. I had loved Faith and wasn't sure how this drama could handle something similar and stand out or trip and fall, even.

I have been pleasantly surprised at every turn when it comes to the drama. The story was so beautifully unfolded that I didn't even realize I had spent 20 hours watching it. The pace was so thrilling, the sub-plots so well blended with one another, the twists were thrilling, it was a memorable journey from the first scene till the last. The way the writers have handled all the characters and their individual stories as well is commendable. I found myself warming up to the characters unexpectedly. Until the very end I was skeptical, rational and kept my wits, but the finale did it. Such a marvelous beauty. It's going to be a long, long time before I forget the characters, the story or this drama.

I won't lie. Lee Joon Ki drew me into the drama. I probably wouldn't have picked this amazing drama up in the first place if it hadn't been for him. I might have missed out, but then I think it is safe to say that one of the MAJOR reasons this show was so unforgettable was because of him. I haven't seen such a powerful performance by an actor in such a long time. He made me feel bad for him, he made me fall for him, he made me laugh, he made me hate him, he made me cry with him. Until the very end, this guy held my attention like my life depended on it. IU was so so SO GOOD! I was pleasantly surprised by her dynamic acting. I'd only seen her in Bel Ami and it wasn't really a.. stellar show to say the least, but she gave such a brilliant portrayal of an amazingly strong character. I'd say nice things about all the cast and end up writing a 10 page review, so I'll just sum it up by saying that except maybe a little overacting on the part of a few people who were playing the roles of pedestrians on the streets, remarkable acting on everyone's part! (I hope you got that joke :3 )

I'm currently listening to at least 4 of the OSTs on loop since the last few hours. Hauntingly beautiful pieces were created for this drama I must say. A couple of them raised goosebumps on my arm. Even if you don't feel like watching this show (although you must!), you should definitely listen to the soundtracks, they're that good.

I would start re-watching this right this instant, but I won't. Solely because I am now waiting for a second season to this drama. I really really hope they make one. I'd read the reviews and comments while watching it and people were really sad in general. They kept saying how this was such a sad drama and a tragedy. It was, but it was also breathtakingly beautiful. I'm tearing up just remembering it. The love between the characters, be it Wang So and Hae Soo, or the brothers (the ones who got along anyway), or the families, was heart-wrenching. I'm definitely rewatching this show even if the second season doesn't come out (but please SBS make the second season! *kneels and begs*).

I have been shaken up by this show in a hundred ways. I love it when a drama I don't expect to be good turns out to be one of the best shows I have seen in my life. It was so human, so real. All the people in it were human, they made mistakes, they had flaws, they loved, they hated, they were weak, but they were also really strong. I'd recommend this drama to everyone, regardless of your favorite genre. It deserves to be seen. You might not like it (I bet you will though), but you won't be able to forget it.

Full House
Jun 21, 2014
So I'd watched this as a kid when it aired on a channel in our country, but couldn't finish it and it's been on my mind since. I finally got around to watching all of again and now after having finished a few dramas, I think my kid-self was a little over-excited :P

First, the story wasn't a fresh concept to me. But I won't go around blaming that, there are tonnes of ways to bring novelty to old storylines as well. The characters were nice, believable, a little thick maybe but they don't tick you off as such. The character evolution takes longer than necessary but seeing that the plot didn't have much to go on, it was needed for the characters to get around slowly. One thing I liked was that they didn't try to incorporate everything into a single plot. They could have put in numerous obstacles, all sorts of them but they stuck to a couple of problems that popped up again and again. Which could be tiring as well, frankly. I mean, how many times can you really go through the same procedures again and again?

The lead actors were great. I loved their performances. To be honest, they were the sole reason that kept me going. Regardless of whether they were bickering or yelling or laughing or wallowing, I loved them. Rain brought Young Jae to life. The character of Young Jae is lovable as it is but Rain just made me like him even more. And both Rain and Song Hye Kyo were great together! I've never seen more realistic bickering between couples on any drama yet.

The music was so good! I was really surprised. I don't know why but I didn't think the show would have a good OST, I was so wrong! The main three songs that were repeated throughout the show were catchy, fit the scenes, were good over all.

I don't think I'll watch the show again but there were pretty nice bickering/quarrels between the lead that I might watch again sometimes in the future.

This is supposed to be one of the most famous dramas around and mostly everyone's watched it. But if you haven't and are wondering if you should, you should ask consider the fact that the story in itself isn't great and you won't find amazing twists or such but I'll give you this, the lead is worth watching the show for. If you can put your trust in the lead and want a story that'll leave you with a smile on your face and maybe wet eyes at the end, you can definitely watch this. But if the story and premise, and plot twists are an essential ingredient for a drama to be good for you, maybe you can pass on this one.

Classic
Jul 30, 2014
There were about 35 minutes left for the movie to get over and I'd already given a rating of 8.5 thinking nothing could redeem the rating now at this point. The scores I've given now after finishing the movie tell a whole different story. This is the magic of the movie. A good movie turned into a beautiful story in a matter of 30 minutes. I'm still holding back tears as I type the review.

I began the movie thinking I already had the plot figured out. While watching the movie I still thought that this isn't such a great movie maybe. By the end I was choked up and bawling my eyes out. The story takes such an unexpected turn towards the end that you just never see it coming. It was a beautifully woven tale about the love stories of a mother and daughter. In fact, as far as unrequited love stories go, this has got to be my favorite one. Usually at the end of those, I'm cursing the characters for their foolishness but this time, I was awestruck by the sheer power of sentiments and reality when it comes to loving someone you cannot be with. The strongest part of the movie, as well as the best, is the story.

The actors were all truly amazing. Son Ye Jin is one of my favorite actors and she never fails to impress me. She did a great job playing both the roles and brought credibility to the screen. Jo Seung Woo was brilliant from the first scene he appeared in, you just love the guy by the end. Jo In Sung and Lee Ki Woo had smaller roles but were pretty good in their own respect.

I never usually notice the music in a movie because there's not much time, not much focus on it. But the music of this movie was heartbreaking and heartwarming-ly beautiful. The instrumental theme of the movie made me feel bittersweet, like an unrequited love.

I could definitely watch this movie again but maybe in a little while, not in the near future. I'd like to see it again when the effect of this tie wears off and I need to be reminded that yes not all the love stories get their happy ends but life moves on nevertheless.

A must watch movie for everybody. Steer clear if you don't like too of much emotional hooha. But I'd still recommend it anyway because it's just that brilliant!

I Hear Your Voice
May 27, 2014
I was a fool that I let the hype scare me away from such an amazing show for so long. But as they say, better late than never. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the drama, from the first episode till the last. The story was gripping, the characters were outstanding, the acting was stellar, nothing went overboard at any point (considering everything), the pace of the show was just right, had the element of clever wit and the episodes were consistently good. A drama that has everything? I finally found it.

Never has a show taught me so much, and I'm not saying that these teachings have been profoundly philosophical or deep inner-soul hoo-ha. The basic things like being honest, compassionate and responsible. At the same time, being a good judge of situations and analyzing your actions before doing them. It also taught me that I should never feel ashamed to accept my mistakes and learn from whomever I can. These things may seem like everyday stuff but, for me, I'm not sure that I always go by all them diligently, even though I know I should. This show has, somehow, compelled me to. Suddenly I'm thinking, hey, maybe being honest about what I think wouldn't be so bad; but at the same time, being prudent about the truth wouldn't hurt either. I think it's suffice to say that along with the characters of the show who learned tons of things from each other, I learned a helluva lot from them.

The consistency in the show, along with the nature of the characters that only evolved for the better despite being same at the core, was commendable. It made me stick with it right till the end. The emotions portrayed by all the actors (brilliant work by them btw, another reason to watch the show) strikes the right heartstrings, without ever giving the feeling that it's deliberate on their part. You relate with them, their feelings, their predicaments, everything.

I think I should especially mention the praiseworthy performances by Lee Jong Suk and Lee Bo Young. Not that the rest of the cast doesn't deserve commendations, but for me, these two were just absolutely terrific. Surprisingly, there's this one character in this show that I adored beyond measure - Hye Sung's mom. In all the dramas that I've watched so far, I've never come across such a strong mother. She was just.. great, I have no words really. She's definitely going to stay in my heart for a long, long time.

On an ending note, I'd recommend this drama to anyone who wants to watch something worth their time. This show totally deserves all the hype and appraisal it has received. Go for it :)

Dance Of The Dragon
Aug 30, 2014
The movie was in one word - beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed each moment throughout the film. The pace of the story is a little on the slower side but that didn't put me off at all, and I'm one of the most impatient people I know.

The story you could say is just another take on "Find Your Dream" theme, but again, mostly its the execution that matters with such plots, and the execution of this movie was fantastic. The cinematography is really beautiful and it just lightens up everything. It feels like a journey. And you enjoy and love each minute. Nothing is exaggerated, nothing is over the top. What you have is a simple, elegant and beautiful plot that you will find yourself smiling at.

All the actors did a wonderful but Jang Hyuk (because of whom I chose the movie) stood out and outperformed everyone. He was simply magnificent in every scene he was in. And call me vain but god this man looks stunning while performing those dance and Shaolin patterns. My eyes were glued to the screen during each of those. Great work.

The music in the movie was again, beautiful. Forgive me for overusing that word but nothing else is coming up when I think of the movie. The instrumentals and classical pieces played were in complete sync with the situations and made the impact they were supposed to. Great use of the background sounds as well.

It was a really great watch overall. To some it might seem a little slow or boring, but I'd like to tell you to have a little patience and then watch it. It's a really good movie that deserves more views! Recommended :)

Bad Guys
Jan 10, 2015
Bad Guys was an amazing experience. I saw some spectacular acting, a solid plot, unwavering edginess that made the watch all the more thrilling. It's one of the best thrillers I have seen. Why the overall rating of 9 then? Because I can't find myself being thoroughly satiated. Maybe it's got something to do with the weekly episodes that made the ride a haling one, or maybe it was because I wanted there to be more. If this is not the end of the series, I'll gladly take back my 9 and reward it with the 10 it deserves, but if there isn't a 2nd season, I'll definitely be disappointed and unsatisfied.

The plot was just brilliant! I loved the premise and the setting of the story. It's one of those stories that I could watch anytime without hesitation. The synopsis was enough to reel me in. The characters that the writers created were superb. Such depth to each character, such detail that you forget it's just fiction. The story had it's share of twists and turns that kept me at the edge of my seat. And the show didn't break it's streak until the end, which is commendable.

I simply bow down to the cast of this show. I saw some of the best performances I have come across in the time since I started recognizing good performances :P The actors are a part of the reason I'm silently praying for a next season. Anyone who's seen this show will probably agree with me that the actors did praiseworthy work.

It was an absolutely wonderful show, one of the best I have seen. I just need another season to make it perfect. Don't miss out on this one though.

Jun 1, 2014
Despite my overall high rating, fundamental things about the drama like the story and creativity left a lot to be desired. Having said that, it was still a very enjoyable drama. For the whole of 16 episodes, you'll be thinking, 'Seriously? This is the plot? This is how the story is panning out?' But mind you, you'll still watch it. Why? Because it has these tonnes of amazing scenes stringed together that your brain outright refuses to be turned off by the absolute ridiculousness of the story and wants to keep on watching more.

The main leads have to be praised for holding together the drama. Without them, I would have dropped this drama halfway through. The chemistry that they share, no just in duos but the three of them together as well, was worth spending 16 hours on. There are scenes which you will rewind and watch again and again because they were too funny or too sweet (The drama has abundant amount of both of those, don't worry). The actors bring alive the characters that were too conflicted otherwise.

The story was 1) Nothing striking 2) Not thought through 3) Illogical 4) Eve frustrating, after a point. But you love watching the leads so much that you decide to bear through that. I'm a very impatient person and sometimes -major confession comping up- skip parts that bore me to death. And I just skipped a little bit in one episode through the later part of the show I think. That's rare. The main low of the drama arrives after the 9th episode. You start to feel that the story is being dragged and you're being dragged along with it, the show tempts you many times to drop it, but you still don't. The thing is, even though the story is.. not so good, it moves at a decent pace. Before you can get annoyed enough to drop it, you have another illogical thing to focus on. So basically you don't even realize that while moving from one silly plot to another, you reached the finale and made it through! But I should still mention, beware of some serious character warping towards the end. You'll want to smash the writers' heads for distorting perfectly great characters into a morbid shell of what they were earlier, especially Kang Mu-Gyul's (JGS) character. Had me grimacing throughout the last few episodes.

The main leads chosen were simply outstanding. I'm a JGS fan through and through and thought I'd be rooting for the girl to end up with him till the end but I've never been proved so wrong. True, JGS's character Mu-Gyul was pretty attractive and appealed to me, but I was more confused than Mary between whom I would choose! Kim Jae Wook was a brilliant surprise for me. I'd seen him in Coffee Prince of course but, there wasn't really much to see was there. Here.. Woah, I was blown away. Half the time I was thinking I wouldn't mind it if Mary ended up with Jung-in (Kim Jae Wook) either. Then my JGS fan-side would chide me for being a traitor and gushing after another. But I loved him nonetheless, he acted really well. Superb acting by all three of them actually! There were some majorly annoying characters though. All the parents in this show (not counting Mary's mother since she wasn't actually there) - pathetic. No parenting skills whatsoever. God knows how the three leads ended up being so good. And Mary's friends.. Agh, I cringed every time they were about to get drunk, I would either end up banging my head against the table or run away if I had such noisy and whiny friends, but I should give them credit for being helpful and loyal though.

The music of the show was another reason you sail through the illogical story. The main song of the show 'My Precious' seemed off to me the first time I heard it and then later, I found myself wishing for it to come up at every situation possible. The rest of the score was okay, nothing noteworthy but bearable at the same time. Overall, I didn't find anything specifically wrong in the Music department.

Like I said, there are many adorable and hilarious scenes in the show which you don't get tired of watching again and again. For them, and them alone (and for the main leads of course) the rewatch value imo is 8. I might not watch the whole drama another time but I can sure see myself opening specific episodes and watching those great scenes again.

Verdict:

Definitely not the best drama I've seen, but I've seen worse. This is definitely a drama that should be seen as a breather between heavy ones to just freshen up your mind. If you're looking for a story that makes absolute sense and if too much mush makes you gag, this drama is not for you. But if you want to laugh, scoff, giggle, gush - you won't regret watching this. Just remember to switch off the logical side of your brain, it'll get fried anyway.

Falling for Innocence
Aug 1, 2016
It was on a whim that I began watching the show while I was looking for some KDrama on Netflix, and this title popped up. Funnily I recalled having seen the first episode while it was airing back in 2015, and funnily, it didn't capture my attention as much as it did this time. I cannot comprehend a single reason for that because I genuinely loved every bit of this show. So much so that I stayed up all night just to finish all the episodes without any breaks. Yes, this drama brought back my crazed need to finish a Kdrama at a stretch when I pick one. It is EVERYTHING you are looking for when you want to watch a heartfelt rom-com.

It's not a very original idea for a story, honestly, but who said it has to be original to be beautiful? The best part about the whole thing was that it never felt redundant, I never experienced the "Pfft-Not-Again" feeling that one usually ends up feeling when you watch rom-coms. The plot was well paced out, with enough content to cover 16 episodes impressively. Even when there were switches in the subplots, I didn't feel the awkwardness of it. And the story itself is so beautiful! I know I've already used that word for it once, but it just IS that beautiful. Just as the characters. Every character felt so real. The lead guy was never perfect, neither was the leading lady. Everybody made mistakes, everybody had doubts, everybody was human. The only issue I had was with the last 10 minutes of the last episode. I felt they could have explained things a little more smoothly. It felt just a little abrupt. Do get to the end and maybe you'll understand what I mean. But please, do get to the end. The journey matters more than the destination right? :)

The cast. Oh the cast. Kdramas keep making me realize there's so much acting talent in the world that I'm missing. The one jewel I discovered in this drama was Jung Kyung Ho. He was ridiculous, he was charming, he was obnoxious, he was adorable, he was a jerk, he was a hero. He stole the show. Not saying the rest of the cast didn't do a good job, I loved the leading lady's work as well, along with every other cast member, down right to the gritty-voiced Ahjussi Jung Kyung Ho mimics flawlessly. But every time I recall this show, I think I will fall again for Jung Kyung Ho (Did that rhyme?)

I loved the background score, it didn't seem out of place at all, and though one only gets to hear bits and pieces of it, mostly during the end credits of the episode, I listened to the whole thing without skipping to the end. That says something I guess.

YES YES YES. I would definitely rewatch this. Maybe not right away, but every time I feel down and want to feel good, I would watch this again. I waited for a day before writing this review because I didn't want to go overboard with my emotions that were so riled up when I finished it last morning. I had been crying like a baby (not exaggerating) by the end of the last episode. And when a show affects me to that level, I tend to recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a good show in the rom-com genre.

This isn't your average feel good rom-com either. It is a really well-made, well-acted show that you will definitely remember for a long long time. Must watch!

Love 911
Dec 21, 2014
When you watch a great movie such as this, I don't mind being generous with my ratings :D What I thought would be a feel good romantic comedy flick turned out to be so much more, and I'm not complaining. I loved every moment of this movie, almost didn't want it to end! I thoroughly enjoyed the novelty of the characters and the work that the actors did.

If you read the synopsis, it might seem like one you've read or seen before, and it is, objectively. But the manner in which the story was written and told, it was absolutely delightful to watch. Everything felt just right and nothing seemed to be rushed, the character development, the interactions, emotions, incidents that happened - everything was timed right. And the characters.. I just loved them! The character of Go Mi Seo was so refreshing to watch!

The casting was spot on. Everybody seemed to be doing a great job with their respective roles. Han Hyo Joo and Go Soo were adorable together! Amazing chemistry. I discovered Go Soo in this movie, and I think I'll stalk him a little after now :D

I cannot really focus on the music on movies unless something really stands out, in this case two songs stood out - Along Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan and the track that plays at the end of the movie (I LOVED that one). I don't recall anything else, which is good as well because it must have blended in well with the scenes :P

Absolutely worth rewatching! I'm so happy I have such movies to watch again with friends or even alone. A thoroughly enjoyable experience while watching the movie, it made me laugh, it made me smile, it made me wince, I might have even teared up a little once - in short, it touched my heart. I'd definitely recommend this to those who haven't seen it already!

Always
Dec 21, 2014
I really thought I'd think over every review aspect and then rate this movie but after watching it, every possible calculation has gone out of the window. I cannot give anything less than a 10 to any category. The movie surpassed any presumptions, any expectations I had before I began watching it. I could literally feel my heart swelling up with emotions while I was watching the film. I'm writing this with still-wet and puffy eyes, sniffling but smiling nonetheless.

The synopsis had me believing that there wouldn't be much alterations in the conventional storyline concerning a blind girl and a coconut-like guy. If I'm being honest, yes the basic story was pretty much by the book. Having said that though, I would like to clarify that, despite there being no creative and novel plot twists, this movie still managed to make me feel as if I was watching this scenario for the first time. The freshness and the warmth was unparalleled. I fell in love with the premise, the characters, their habits, everything! Even though this was not a novel concept, the story still deserves a perfect 10 for the way it was written and executed. It's one of the best depicted love stories I have ever seen.

Where do I even begin about the actors.. The female lead (this is the first time I've seen her work) was spectacular! She gave a praiseworthy natural performance, you'd have a hard time believing that she isn't blind in real. I can recall there is a scene where she shines the torchlight in her eyes, with the torch a mere inch or two away from her eyes and she doesn't show a spec of emotion on her face! Brilliant work. And So Ji Sub was a pure delight to watch, he came off as such an endearing and likable person, especially in all his efforts at redemption. The two have a very heartwarming chemistry as well, you feel all giddy and joyous just looking at the two of them.

The music stood out even though it was a movie and music rarely leaves a mark during films. But I loved the soundtracks used in this film, definitely added to the beauty of the story.

Even as I'm writing this review I want to watch the movie again :P This movie is definitely something I'll rewatch and make my friends watch too, it deserves to be seen. The bonds between the characters that are shown in the film are very memorable and you take them with you even after you finish watching it. You remember all the little details that touched your heart and make you feel good all over again.

I highly recommend this beautiful movie to everyone who wants to watch a movie that'll leave a fond memory :)

Love So Divine
Jul 18, 2014
I was skeptic even while the movie was buffering to begin. I almost closed it. I'm not religious as such so the whole 'going-celibate-in-service-of-god-because-you-love-him-alone' thing has always seemed a little outlandish to me. No offense to the people who follow this, I have respect and admiration for what they do, it's just not something I agree with.

But I still began watching it, and it was quite pleasant. I wouldn't say the story is anything exciting or there are great build ups. It's a nice, sweet story that can be enjoyed without any issues. It gets much better towards the end, when emotions are shown more vividly, things move at a quicker pace. Somewhere in the middle I thought the movie lost its aim, but I can overlook that since the later half was pretty nice.

This is the second movie of Sang Woo that I'm watching and I think he is very likable as an actor. I especially liked his role in this movie and he did a great job with the performance. Ha Ji Won is considered as one of the best actresses ever, but somehow I've never been able to connect with her acting. She always seems a little off to me. I'm not judging her acting skills, don't get me wrong. She played the character really well. The rest of the cast, especially the guy who played Sundal (Go Mi Nam's manager in You're Beautiful) was hilarious. Lovely work by everyone!

I didn't like anything in particular from the Music in this movie, it wasn't unpleasant but it didn't strike the right chords with me.

As far as rewatching goes, I'd have to pass it. This was more like a one time watch movie for me, frankly. It's a nice movie, you could watch it when you want to take a breather. Not regrettable.