• Last Online: Feb 22, 2018

ShreeyaSharma

India
The Master's Sun
Aug 30, 2014
Another highly acclaimed and loved drama that I was putting off (It's become my habit to that) and regretting watching it so late. But better late than never. You should also take that into account and watch this show if you haven't yet, you're missing out on some really good writing and acting.

The story had me hooked right from the beginning. The moment I read the synopsis I knew I wanted to watch the show, but again the generally high ratings were turning me off a little, as I didn't want to start the show with unrealistic expectations. I began it nonetheless and to be honest I should have lowered my expectations a little and I might have enjoyed it more, much more than what I felt this time. The execution and direction was praiseworthy. The horror element could have easily become pitiable and downright miserable, but the writers kept a good balance between spooky and funny. The pace of the show is.. good. I wouldn't say it is perfect since it gets a little draggy in the middle, but that usually happens in almost all the dramas, even the really good ones, so it's not really something you should base your decision on, just giving you a heads up.

The actors. Wow. Impeccable work. Su Ji Sub was a pure delight to watch on the screen. His persona and charm as Joong Won was impressive. I could easily connect with the character because of him. Same goes for Hyo Jin. I'm currently watching another work of her's (It's Okay It's Love) and she's simply marvelous. I loved the work of each actor in this show. Each and everyone. I'm definitely going to try other works by these actors.

The OST of this drama was really likable. The songs were beautiful and catchy, and put forth the emotions well. The melody of the tracks especially, was quite soothing.

Despite the fact that there is so much I like in this show, there are things that stopped me from giving it a perfect overall 10 rating. It's definitely one of the shows I could rewatch again without much hesitation. But there was still the slight glitch that I faced towards the later part of the show. Too much push-pull tactic going on between the lead pair for my taste. Granted it's not unreasonable and foolish, there's a good solid reasoning behind it, but for me, it went on a little too long. But the writers need to be commended for giving a good and proper ending to the show. I was really happy with the finale. Almost so much that I forgot about the way it was dragged :P

Either way, don't let anything stop you from trying out this show. It's absolutely worth the watch. All the genres that the drama incorporates (Horror, Romance, Mystery, Comedy), everything is in a perfect blend and nothing overpowers the other. A really well crafted show. Don't miss it!

Kill Me, Heal Me
May 3, 2015
Brilliant. Genius. Beautiful. Heart-wrenching. Heart warming. Unforgettable. These are the words that are spinning in my head as I write this after just finishing the show. The potential was evident from the first episode and everyone delivered on the expectations that became exponentially high, even till the last minute of the show. There were moments when I wasn't sure how the story would move froward from that point or how they were thinking of executing a plot, but the writers wove the story so beautifully, everything just unfolds itself smoothly, it just wraps you up in a cocoon you never want to come out of. There was such warmth in the show, it's unbelievable.

If you had to summarize the story of this show, it'd be pretty simple, could be done in a few lines. To have given a lifelong worth of depth to those few lines, to have brought alive the events in the life of the characters, to have made us feel what what the characters were going through with such beautiful narratives, the writers need to be commended. The plots could have easily gone awry in so many places, but EVERY plot, every character, every loose end - have all been taken care of with remarkable finesse. There are zero complaints or unsatisfied worms lingering in my head, none.

Where do I begin with the actors? Where? I've been blown away, drowned, burned, buried, shocked - you name it - by every actor in this wonderful show. Ji Sung left me begging for more of him, even when he was present in 90% of the scenes, I just wanted more. "I wish that the time would stop, and that I could be with you forever", that's all that I felt every time he appeared. This guy can ACT, and he did a bloody brilliant job in this show. To have portrayed 7 personalities, is commendable. To have played 7 personalities with such absolute perfection, is downright worth worshiping him for. There wasn't a moment went he faltered in his performances, never a flaw, never a single crack in his portrayal. Be it the grumpy, violent, protective, dashing and charming Shin Se Gi; the middle-aged, goofy, bomb-making, beer-loving, accented Perry Park; the quite, calm, suicidal teen-genius Ahn Yo Sub; the foul-mouthed, oppa-crazy, troublemaker twin sister of Ahn Yo Sub, Ahn Yo Na; and the less frequently appearing 7-year old Nana, or Mysterious Mr. X; Ji Sung has lived and brought to life each of them. I didn't know it was even possible to be able to do such a thing! I had to literally pause the episodes and look at his face to believe in the changes. His eyes changed, how does one do that. Just with his expressions, his gaze, his very demeanor it was obvious as to which personality it was. He wasn't just Cha Do Hyun behaving like someone else, he WAS someone else. And it was one of the best performances by any actor that I've seen. My opinion of Ji Sung has reached the Sun.

The lead lady Hwng Jung Eum came as a surprise to me. I've ever seen her works before and I'm glad I began with this show. She handled every scene so well. She was goofy and loud and cute and serious and mature and terrified and depressed - and every emotion was conveyed very nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing her other works. Park Seo Joon was a delight to watch, that guy made me laugh and cry with equal flare. His character was simply brilliant, very heart touching. It would be unfair to the others if I focused on a few actors more than the other but these three deserved the mentions, the rest of the cast did a pretty great job as well. They're the ones who were able to make the script, story and direction work.

I don't know what I had in mind when I began the show, what it was that I had expected it would turn out to be, but whatever it was, it was nothing compared to what I actually got. The stories of each personality, their traits, the personality itself grows on you so much that it's hard to let them go. I found myself hoping for them to come out sometimes. I grew to love every facet, every broken piece of Cha Do Hyun. I was sobbing harder with every farewell. It felt as if you're losing a person rather than a personality. The story of each character in this show is going to be in my heart for a long, long time.

I'm really glad I picked up this show, it is one of the best I have seen. The level of brilliance is more than worth watching. I'm already looking forward to rewatching it in the near future. I don't think I've had enough of the characters yet.

The kind of show that Kill Me Heal Me is, you don't need any reasons to watch it, all you have to do it watch the first episode for a couple of minutes and you'll be irrevocably hooked, just as I was. It's everything you want in a drama of this genre. Everything and more. Don't miss out on this one, you'll be passing on a masterpiece.

Pinocchio
Jan 16, 2015
I cannot recall the last show that I found so gripping and intelligently written. I feel that this show has raised the bar for me and placed it considerably high. I simply didn't want it to end! A show that had me hooked from the 1st episode to the last one without a single low point or a hitch - it's hard to come across those. I'd like to warn you that this review might be a long one, but such a show deserves nothing but unabridged words from the heart.

The story was simply genius. The twists and turns didn't seem deliberate, the characters were true to life, the sub-plots were all significant as well! Nothing, and I really mean NOTHING was out of place. No side characters seemed forcefully added or hastily exited (Although the finale did seem to exclude an end to a tiny plot the writers were building, but I'm willing to squelch that itch in my brain). The story itself taught so much! I still remember the great things I learned from I Hear Your Voice and the writers haven't failed to teach me several things in this show either. There was such commendable courage, unconditional love, and selflessness shown in this drama, it simplifies many things that have become complicated in our lives these days. The main pivotal element, that brought freshness and brilliancy to the story, was the drama's namesake medical condition - Pinocchio Syndrome. The inability to lie brings such delightful reprieve from all the deceits and hidden truths and misunderstandings that come along with relationships. If only people were usually so honest and open about their emotions, things wouldn't be so complex. There are some of the most beautiful bonds that I saw in this show that I will never forget. I could go on and on about how remarkable the story of this show was, and still not say enough.

I need to take a deep breath before I begin about the actors. Why? Because I need to make coherent sentences from the heap of positive adjectives that are popping in my head. All I can think of, are words such as - Perfect, incredible, incomparable, outstanding, amazing, brilliant, etc. etc. I can certainly say that from the leads to the guest appearances, EVERY single actor, that worked on this show, deserves an applause or a pat on the back at least. I've never seen such a plethora of great performances, all in one show. Each performance of the actors seems to be imprinted in my head. Lee Jong Suk was positively dazzling throughout the series! And Park Shin Hye pleasantly surprised me with her remarkable portrayal of Choi In Ha. I'd never been a fan of hers, but I have to admit, she gave an absolutely stunning performance. The veteran actors, that were part of the cast, need no extra praise, they were great as always. A special mention for Jin Kyung and Kim Hae Sook though, these two ladies gave such captivating performances as the antagonists that I couldn't help but respect and admire their characters even while hating them. Kim Young Kwang and Lee Yoo Bi looked really promising! I've seen other works by these two, but Pinocchio definitely brought out the best of them, as well as every other actor in the cast.

The OSTs in the drama struck a chord in every situation they were played in. The music really brought forth the emotions and conveyed the intensity of the moments spectacularly. There were so many scenes where I simply shed tears because of the perfect harmony of the music and the script.

Which reminds me to mention the powerful script that the show had! Such impactful words, such brilliant dialogues! The chemistry between, not just the lead pair, but every actor was evident and impressive. I've run out of adjectives that I usually get to use while describing a show, but I still have many things I haven't been able to mention. The list of things that worked in the favor of the show is too long to post in this already too long review. If anybody has had the patience to read till now, I'd like to request you Dear Reader, do not let anything stop you from watching this show, it'll be one of the best you've ever seen. I can guarantee that. I'm off to place this in the top slot of my favorite dramas.

Innocent Thing
Aug 30, 2014
I'm still shaking off goosebumps after finishing the movie. I thought I knew what I was getting into and I prepared myself for it but I didn't know I'd still be this jarred. I'm not really sure yet whether I like this movie or not, but what I cannot deny is that it is a very strong and solid film.

The story is not a very complicated one. You have an obsessive school girl who's crazy about her teacher and thinks what they have is love. The teacher wavers slightly and pays the price for it with his family at stake. A simple setting but what sets this movie apart are the layers of complexities in each character's personality. More so than the obsession, the film makes you see these characters as individuals whose stories you are watching. A really well directed and written piece.

The actors did a splendid job. Jang Hyuk and Jo Bo Ah were completely engrossed in their roles. I really need to mention that these people have a huge age gap in real life and to portray such a tender and hard-to-digest topic with such realism is commendable. There were times when I was too repulsed to watch the scenes but couldn't take my eyes off of the screen because the actors were doing such a brilliant job. Worth the watch for the actors' work if not anything else.

It is definitely not something just anybody can see. You need the appetite for this sort of movie. When they say there's lust, betrayal, obsession and revenge, they mean it. There's no sugarcoating anything here. Just raw emotions. In fact, I don't think I'd be able to watch this movie again even if I wanted to. Everyone gave such a powerful performance, It's going to stay in my head for a long time.

I might not have enjoyed this movie in the true sense of enjoying a movie, but I sure respect and admire the work. It's a really good movie. Not made for everyone though. It's also rated R because of explicit scenes that are shown, but there's nothing extremely offensive about them. So that's another thing to consider before watching the movie if you're not ready for that sort of content.

Classic
Jul 30, 2014
There were about 35 minutes left for the movie to get over and I'd already given a rating of 8.5 thinking nothing could redeem the rating now at this point. The scores I've given now after finishing the movie tell a whole different story. This is the magic of the movie. A good movie turned into a beautiful story in a matter of 30 minutes. I'm still holding back tears as I type the review.

I began the movie thinking I already had the plot figured out. While watching the movie I still thought that this isn't such a great movie maybe. By the end I was choked up and bawling my eyes out. The story takes such an unexpected turn towards the end that you just never see it coming. It was a beautifully woven tale about the love stories of a mother and daughter. In fact, as far as unrequited love stories go, this has got to be my favorite one. Usually at the end of those, I'm cursing the characters for their foolishness but this time, I was awestruck by the sheer power of sentiments and reality when it comes to loving someone you cannot be with. The strongest part of the movie, as well as the best, is the story.

The actors were all truly amazing. Son Ye Jin is one of my favorite actors and she never fails to impress me. She did a great job playing both the roles and brought credibility to the screen. Jo Seung Woo was brilliant from the first scene he appeared in, you just love the guy by the end. Jo In Sung and Lee Ki Woo had smaller roles but were pretty good in their own respect.

I never usually notice the music in a movie because there's not much time, not much focus on it. But the music of this movie was heartbreaking and heartwarming-ly beautiful. The instrumental theme of the movie made me feel bittersweet, like an unrequited love.

I could definitely watch this movie again but maybe in a little while, not in the near future. I'd like to see it again when the effect of this tie wears off and I need to be reminded that yes not all the love stories get their happy ends but life moves on nevertheless.

A must watch movie for everybody. Steer clear if you don't like too of much emotional hooha. But I'd still recommend it anyway because it's just that brilliant!

Full House
Jun 21, 2014
So I'd watched this as a kid when it aired on a channel in our country, but couldn't finish it and it's been on my mind since. I finally got around to watching all of again and now after having finished a few dramas, I think my kid-self was a little over-excited :P

First, the story wasn't a fresh concept to me. But I won't go around blaming that, there are tonnes of ways to bring novelty to old storylines as well. The characters were nice, believable, a little thick maybe but they don't tick you off as such. The character evolution takes longer than necessary but seeing that the plot didn't have much to go on, it was needed for the characters to get around slowly. One thing I liked was that they didn't try to incorporate everything into a single plot. They could have put in numerous obstacles, all sorts of them but they stuck to a couple of problems that popped up again and again. Which could be tiring as well, frankly. I mean, how many times can you really go through the same procedures again and again?

The lead actors were great. I loved their performances. To be honest, they were the sole reason that kept me going. Regardless of whether they were bickering or yelling or laughing or wallowing, I loved them. Rain brought Young Jae to life. The character of Young Jae is lovable as it is but Rain just made me like him even more. And both Rain and Song Hye Kyo were great together! I've never seen more realistic bickering between couples on any drama yet.

The music was so good! I was really surprised. I don't know why but I didn't think the show would have a good OST, I was so wrong! The main three songs that were repeated throughout the show were catchy, fit the scenes, were good over all.

I don't think I'll watch the show again but there were pretty nice bickering/quarrels between the lead that I might watch again sometimes in the future.

This is supposed to be one of the most famous dramas around and mostly everyone's watched it. But if you haven't and are wondering if you should, you should ask consider the fact that the story in itself isn't great and you won't find amazing twists or such but I'll give you this, the lead is worth watching the show for. If you can put your trust in the lead and want a story that'll leave you with a smile on your face and maybe wet eyes at the end, you can definitely watch this. But if the story and premise, and plot twists are an essential ingredient for a drama to be good for you, maybe you can pass on this one.

Aug 10, 2017
It has been ages since I have been compelled to write a review for a drama. Not that I haven't seen good (or bad for that matter) dramas lately, just that, none of them made me want to stop and sit and write about them. There was something so captivating about Moon Lovers that I had been hooked since the first episode. I binge watched it straight till the final episode and I am so glad I picked it up after it was completed, I wouldn't have been able to wait for weeks to watch the episodes otherwise. When I read the storyline I was kind of expecting something along the line of 'Faith', a drama that had already dealt with a modern character being stuck in history due to rare astronomical occurrences. I had loved Faith and wasn't sure how this drama could handle something similar and stand out or trip and fall, even.

I have been pleasantly surprised at every turn when it comes to the drama. The story was so beautifully unfolded that I didn't even realize I had spent 20 hours watching it. The pace was so thrilling, the sub-plots so well blended with one another, the twists were thrilling, it was a memorable journey from the first scene till the last. The way the writers have handled all the characters and their individual stories as well is commendable. I found myself warming up to the characters unexpectedly. Until the very end I was skeptical, rational and kept my wits, but the finale did it. Such a marvelous beauty. It's going to be a long, long time before I forget the characters, the story or this drama.

I won't lie. Lee Joon Ki drew me into the drama. I probably wouldn't have picked this amazing drama up in the first place if it hadn't been for him. I might have missed out, but then I think it is safe to say that one of the MAJOR reasons this show was so unforgettable was because of him. I haven't seen such a powerful performance by an actor in such a long time. He made me feel bad for him, he made me fall for him, he made me laugh, he made me hate him, he made me cry with him. Until the very end, this guy held my attention like my life depended on it. IU was so so SO GOOD! I was pleasantly surprised by her dynamic acting. I'd only seen her in Bel Ami and it wasn't really a.. stellar show to say the least, but she gave such a brilliant portrayal of an amazingly strong character. I'd say nice things about all the cast and end up writing a 10 page review, so I'll just sum it up by saying that except maybe a little overacting on the part of a few people who were playing the roles of pedestrians on the streets, remarkable acting on everyone's part! (I hope you got that joke :3 )

I'm currently listening to at least 4 of the OSTs on loop since the last few hours. Hauntingly beautiful pieces were created for this drama I must say. A couple of them raised goosebumps on my arm. Even if you don't feel like watching this show (although you must!), you should definitely listen to the soundtracks, they're that good.

I would start re-watching this right this instant, but I won't. Solely because I am now waiting for a second season to this drama. I really really hope they make one. I'd read the reviews and comments while watching it and people were really sad in general. They kept saying how this was such a sad drama and a tragedy. It was, but it was also breathtakingly beautiful. I'm tearing up just remembering it. The love between the characters, be it Wang So and Hae Soo, or the brothers (the ones who got along anyway), or the families, was heart-wrenching. I'm definitely rewatching this show even if the second season doesn't come out (but please SBS make the second season! *kneels and begs*).

I have been shaken up by this show in a hundred ways. I love it when a drama I don't expect to be good turns out to be one of the best shows I have seen in my life. It was so human, so real. All the people in it were human, they made mistakes, they had flaws, they loved, they hated, they were weak, but they were also really strong. I'd recommend this drama to everyone, regardless of your favorite genre. It deserves to be seen. You might not like it (I bet you will though), but you won't be able to forget it.

I Hear Your Voice
May 27, 2014
I was a fool that I let the hype scare me away from such an amazing show for so long. But as they say, better late than never. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the drama, from the first episode till the last. The story was gripping, the characters were outstanding, the acting was stellar, nothing went overboard at any point (considering everything), the pace of the show was just right, had the element of clever wit and the episodes were consistently good. A drama that has everything? I finally found it.

Never has a show taught me so much, and I'm not saying that these teachings have been profoundly philosophical or deep inner-soul hoo-ha. The basic things like being honest, compassionate and responsible. At the same time, being a good judge of situations and analyzing your actions before doing them. It also taught me that I should never feel ashamed to accept my mistakes and learn from whomever I can. These things may seem like everyday stuff but, for me, I'm not sure that I always go by all them diligently, even though I know I should. This show has, somehow, compelled me to. Suddenly I'm thinking, hey, maybe being honest about what I think wouldn't be so bad; but at the same time, being prudent about the truth wouldn't hurt either. I think it's suffice to say that along with the characters of the show who learned tons of things from each other, I learned a helluva lot from them.

The consistency in the show, along with the nature of the characters that only evolved for the better despite being same at the core, was commendable. It made me stick with it right till the end. The emotions portrayed by all the actors (brilliant work by them btw, another reason to watch the show) strikes the right heartstrings, without ever giving the feeling that it's deliberate on their part. You relate with them, their feelings, their predicaments, everything.

I think I should especially mention the praiseworthy performances by Lee Jong Suk and Lee Bo Young. Not that the rest of the cast doesn't deserve commendations, but for me, these two were just absolutely terrific. Surprisingly, there's this one character in this show that I adored beyond measure - Hye Sung's mom. In all the dramas that I've watched so far, I've never come across such a strong mother. She was just.. great, I have no words really. She's definitely going to stay in my heart for a long, long time.

On an ending note, I'd recommend this drama to anyone who wants to watch something worth their time. This show totally deserves all the hype and appraisal it has received. Go for it :)

Doctor Stranger
Jul 10, 2014
For anyone who's been paying attention to the weekly episode reviews I've been posting, it is quite obvious that I've been following this show religiously for the sole purpose because it had an amazing beginning. I do not exaggerate but the start of the show really was one of a kind for me. But this show just might be the prime example of how things sometimes go downhill in a Korean Drama.

The plotline of the show was strong, it had the potential to be great, if executed properly. The thing that didn't work for me at all was the writing of the show. It was clearly evident from the trajectory of the episodes that the writers were making things up as they go. That is not a great trait for any drama, it basically ruins everything. If this had been an older drama that I was watching now, I would have definitely dropped it by the 10th or 11th episode (They were the weakest episodes from the whole list of weak episodes) for sure. But since I felt a sense of loyalty towards the show and the actors, I watched it regardless of that, just to see how the writers would screw up next week.

There were some really great medical elements though, I loved every hospital scene. What irked me was that a mystery and suspense that had started out so brilliant was warped and made into an annoying recurring subplot that ruined the rest of the drama. The writers tried to revive the show towards the later episodes but sadly they couldn't get it back up on the level it was before, far from it.

All in all the execution of a possibly good plot was delivered disappointingly on the writers' part.

The acting in the show was, moderately good. Lee Jong Suk did a phenomenal performance as Park Hoon. He was bright, he was sharp, he had skills, he WAS Park Hoon. The next person who totally stole every scene he was in was Park Hae Jin. That actor deserves more than he's getting! He did an absolutely amazing job as Han Jae Joon, the broody brilliant doctor with a shady past and a purpose of revenge. Watching these two guys was a prize I got in return for sticking with the show. The female leads were okay, I wouldn't say they were that good. The rest of the cast was pretty experienced and did well in their respective roles. I don't have much complains in the acting department.

The OST of this drama was superb. I loved every track, I've got every one of them on my phone and I listen to them quite often. The background score is pretty great as well, intense and hits the right nerve. If I had to choose one thing that worked out well for this drama, I'd say it was the Music.

This drama is not something I'd like to go through again, it made me rethink about watching shows that are airing currently. But I guess I shouldn't generalize. The overall score of 7 was mainly because the show had a really strong and impressive beginning, nevermind the steep slide it went through after the half-run.

In all honesty I cannot recommend this drama to anyone anymore. I did when the show had just begun and had started galloping awesomely but now I'm embarrassed to even suggest the show. A show that began so wonderfully made me ask myself what the hell is happening and why am I watching this anyway is not something I'd recommend. It had it's moments, it's got one hell of a medical drama aspect but the script of the show becomes downright meh after the 10th episode and you just have to go along with whatever twist or boomerang they throw at you. Watch at your own risk.

Fated to Love You
Sep 5, 2014
I've spent so much time crying and laughing with this show that it's really hard to believe it's come to an end, it feels as if a part of me is gone now.. The characters have made a place in my heart and it's going to be really hard to forget them, not that I want to. This has been one of those shows that I absolutely fell in love with from the very first episode and stayed madly in love until the last. It's very rare for that to happen for me because at some point or the other something puts me off. But not with FTLY. I fell hard and deep with this one.

What's so amazing about this show is that it's got such a simple storyline. You basically know the beginning, the middle and the end inside out. You know what's going to happen and how. Despite all of that, for the fact that you still anticipate every episode, still blush and giggle at the romantic moments and still cry your eyes out at the sad ones, the writers deserve commendation. A truly beautifully written show with direction. The pace was so smooth, the transitions were so effortless that you just go with the flow of things and I never thought I was watching a show, rather listening to someone's story. There's a huge difference if you really think about it.

I already know that there was a Taiwanese version of this show (which I haven't watched) plus there was the usual girl-meets-boy plot so I can't really say it's a very original concept. I can't compare the show versions either without watching the Taiwanese version either. But all I can say is, this show occupies a truly special space in my heart. I've cried in many dramas, but this is only the second time that I've cried while feeling the characters' pain deep in my bones (the first being in Love Rain)

The main credit for this attachment that I have for the show goes to the actors. Jang Hyuk simply blew me away. He is such an outstanding actor. I've fallen in love with his acting. Since I began the show I've seen a couple more of his works and he was just wow. You can just look at his work and see that he is a really brilliant and seasoned actor. There's this special magnetic quality about him that you just cannot take your eyes off the screen when he's on. It doesn't matter what he's doing, you'll still watch him. And he played the role of Gun to perfection. He WAS Gun. The parts where there's sadness, Jang Hyuk makes you bawl your eyes out. His eyes are lethal. His mannerisms are so bloody realistic that you just feel so mesmerized and forget that it's just a show and not something that's happening in real. He's beyond words.

While I couldn't connect with Jang Na Ra's acting in the earlier episodes, she totally captivated me later with her ability to live her character. These two phenomenal actors gave such a breathtaking performance that it's hard not to fall for them and their characters. The support cast was equally good. There moments of ridiculous comedy but they were quite endearing too. I couldn't make out any mis-castings.

The music. Oh lord what do I say about the music of this drama! It is simply magical. I can't think of another word. It's got the power to transport you to another world. To the world of FTLY. Even now when I listen to the tracks Goodbye My Love (By Ailee) and Destiny Sonata (By Jung Dong Ha) I get lost in the flashbacks of this show and my eyes end up tearing. It's embarrassing but that's what the music of this show does to me, especially these two songs. Such powerful melody and lyrics, it just goes straight to your heart and you feel the emotions. Perfectly made for the show.

I will definitely absolutely without fail rewatch this drama. I don't think I'd be able to live without watching Gun and MiYoung for long. The couple was one of the best I have ever seen in any RomCom. I will recommend this drama to everyone who loves to watch a good love story, or wants to see some really good acting by some of the most brilliant actors around. This is so much more than just another RomCom. This show becomes a part of your life. Don't miss it!

Bad Guys
Jan 10, 2015
Bad Guys was an amazing experience. I saw some spectacular acting, a solid plot, unwavering edginess that made the watch all the more thrilling. It's one of the best thrillers I have seen. Why the overall rating of 9 then? Because I can't find myself being thoroughly satiated. Maybe it's got something to do with the weekly episodes that made the ride a haling one, or maybe it was because I wanted there to be more. If this is not the end of the series, I'll gladly take back my 9 and reward it with the 10 it deserves, but if there isn't a 2nd season, I'll definitely be disappointed and unsatisfied.

The plot was just brilliant! I loved the premise and the setting of the story. It's one of those stories that I could watch anytime without hesitation. The synopsis was enough to reel me in. The characters that the writers created were superb. Such depth to each character, such detail that you forget it's just fiction. The story had it's share of twists and turns that kept me at the edge of my seat. And the show didn't break it's streak until the end, which is commendable.

I simply bow down to the cast of this show. I saw some of the best performances I have come across in the time since I started recognizing good performances :P The actors are a part of the reason I'm silently praying for a next season. Anyone who's seen this show will probably agree with me that the actors did praiseworthy work.

It was an absolutely wonderful show, one of the best I have seen. I just need another season to make it perfect. Don't miss out on this one though.

Dance Of The Dragon
Aug 30, 2014
The movie was in one word - beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed each moment throughout the film. The pace of the story is a little on the slower side but that didn't put me off at all, and I'm one of the most impatient people I know.

The story you could say is just another take on "Find Your Dream" theme, but again, mostly its the execution that matters with such plots, and the execution of this movie was fantastic. The cinematography is really beautiful and it just lightens up everything. It feels like a journey. And you enjoy and love each minute. Nothing is exaggerated, nothing is over the top. What you have is a simple, elegant and beautiful plot that you will find yourself smiling at.

All the actors did a wonderful but Jang Hyuk (because of whom I chose the movie) stood out and outperformed everyone. He was simply magnificent in every scene he was in. And call me vain but god this man looks stunning while performing those dance and Shaolin patterns. My eyes were glued to the screen during each of those. Great work.

The music in the movie was again, beautiful. Forgive me for overusing that word but nothing else is coming up when I think of the movie. The instrumentals and classical pieces played were in complete sync with the situations and made the impact they were supposed to. Great use of the background sounds as well.

It was a really great watch overall. To some it might seem a little slow or boring, but I'd like to tell you to have a little patience and then watch it. It's a really good movie that deserves more views! Recommended :)

Love So Divine
Jul 18, 2014
I was skeptic even while the movie was buffering to begin. I almost closed it. I'm not religious as such so the whole 'going-celibate-in-service-of-god-because-you-love-him-alone' thing has always seemed a little outlandish to me. No offense to the people who follow this, I have respect and admiration for what they do, it's just not something I agree with.

But I still began watching it, and it was quite pleasant. I wouldn't say the story is anything exciting or there are great build ups. It's a nice, sweet story that can be enjoyed without any issues. It gets much better towards the end, when emotions are shown more vividly, things move at a quicker pace. Somewhere in the middle I thought the movie lost its aim, but I can overlook that since the later half was pretty nice.

This is the second movie of Sang Woo that I'm watching and I think he is very likable as an actor. I especially liked his role in this movie and he did a great job with the performance. Ha Ji Won is considered as one of the best actresses ever, but somehow I've never been able to connect with her acting. She always seems a little off to me. I'm not judging her acting skills, don't get me wrong. She played the character really well. The rest of the cast, especially the guy who played Sundal (Go Mi Nam's manager in You're Beautiful) was hilarious. Lovely work by everyone!

I didn't like anything in particular from the Music in this movie, it wasn't unpleasant but it didn't strike the right chords with me.

As far as rewatching goes, I'd have to pass it. This was more like a one time watch movie for me, frankly. It's a nice movie, you could watch it when you want to take a breather. Not regrettable.

Jun 1, 2014
Despite my overall high rating, fundamental things about the drama like the story and creativity left a lot to be desired. Having said that, it was still a very enjoyable drama. For the whole of 16 episodes, you'll be thinking, 'Seriously? This is the plot? This is how the story is panning out?' But mind you, you'll still watch it. Why? Because it has these tonnes of amazing scenes stringed together that your brain outright refuses to be turned off by the absolute ridiculousness of the story and wants to keep on watching more.

The main leads have to be praised for holding together the drama. Without them, I would have dropped this drama halfway through. The chemistry that they share, no just in duos but the three of them together as well, was worth spending 16 hours on. There are scenes which you will rewind and watch again and again because they were too funny or too sweet (The drama has abundant amount of both of those, don't worry). The actors bring alive the characters that were too conflicted otherwise.

The story was 1) Nothing striking 2) Not thought through 3) Illogical 4) Eve frustrating, after a point. But you love watching the leads so much that you decide to bear through that. I'm a very impatient person and sometimes -major confession comping up- skip parts that bore me to death. And I just skipped a little bit in one episode through the later part of the show I think. That's rare. The main low of the drama arrives after the 9th episode. You start to feel that the story is being dragged and you're being dragged along with it, the show tempts you many times to drop it, but you still don't. The thing is, even though the story is.. not so good, it moves at a decent pace. Before you can get annoyed enough to drop it, you have another illogical thing to focus on. So basically you don't even realize that while moving from one silly plot to another, you reached the finale and made it through! But I should still mention, beware of some serious character warping towards the end. You'll want to smash the writers' heads for distorting perfectly great characters into a morbid shell of what they were earlier, especially Kang Mu-Gyul's (JGS) character. Had me grimacing throughout the last few episodes.

The main leads chosen were simply outstanding. I'm a JGS fan through and through and thought I'd be rooting for the girl to end up with him till the end but I've never been proved so wrong. True, JGS's character Mu-Gyul was pretty attractive and appealed to me, but I was more confused than Mary between whom I would choose! Kim Jae Wook was a brilliant surprise for me. I'd seen him in Coffee Prince of course but, there wasn't really much to see was there. Here.. Woah, I was blown away. Half the time I was thinking I wouldn't mind it if Mary ended up with Jung-in (Kim Jae Wook) either. Then my JGS fan-side would chide me for being a traitor and gushing after another. But I loved him nonetheless, he acted really well. Superb acting by all three of them actually! There were some majorly annoying characters though. All the parents in this show (not counting Mary's mother since she wasn't actually there) - pathetic. No parenting skills whatsoever. God knows how the three leads ended up being so good. And Mary's friends.. Agh, I cringed every time they were about to get drunk, I would either end up banging my head against the table or run away if I had such noisy and whiny friends, but I should give them credit for being helpful and loyal though.

The music of the show was another reason you sail through the illogical story. The main song of the show 'My Precious' seemed off to me the first time I heard it and then later, I found myself wishing for it to come up at every situation possible. The rest of the score was okay, nothing noteworthy but bearable at the same time. Overall, I didn't find anything specifically wrong in the Music department.

Like I said, there are many adorable and hilarious scenes in the show which you don't get tired of watching again and again. For them, and them alone (and for the main leads of course) the rewatch value imo is 8. I might not watch the whole drama another time but I can sure see myself opening specific episodes and watching those great scenes again.

Verdict:

Definitely not the best drama I've seen, but I've seen worse. This is definitely a drama that should be seen as a breather between heavy ones to just freshen up your mind. If you're looking for a story that makes absolute sense and if too much mush makes you gag, this drama is not for you. But if you want to laugh, scoff, giggle, gush - you won't regret watching this. Just remember to switch off the logical side of your brain, it'll get fried anyway.

Emergency Couple
Aug 13, 2014
This is the second medical drama that I've seen (the first one being Doctor Stranger). Both the dramas were of a different genre so I can't really compare them but despite that fact where one drama disappointed me time and again (I guess we all know about the downfall of DS), the other surpassed all the expectations I had from it.

I wouldn't call the story of this drama a work of a genius but it was a fresh concept for me and worked really well on screen too. The characters were quite realistic and believable. I had fun following all the stories that were strung together in an enjoyable manner. The thing I loved about the drama was that even though there were many cameos and supporting casts that appeared infrequently, nobody seemed like an extra piece. I especially enjoyed the ER scenes. Though I couldn't understand more than half of medical conditions and treatments they spoke about, I could really feel the tension and the panic they tried to show. It was completely natural and effortless on the writers' part.

The actors did a splendid job in my opinion. They practically didn't look like actors to me but rather as actual doctors/interns. They must have worked their asses off to get the right feel for their characters. Kudos to them. Much of the credit for the love I have for this show goes to the actors because they made me fall in love with the drama in the first place. The chemistry between all the couples(and also almost-couples) was great, nothing seemed out of place. The baby who plays the character of Gook deserves a special mention because he was absolutely adorable in whatever shot he gave! :D

Honestly, during the first few episodes the music almost ticked me off because I couldn't connect with it at all. Especially when they played the songs at the end of the episode. Those songs were frankly VERY misplaced. The end of the episode would be on a mellow or sad note and then suddenly you'd have this super peppy song as an end theme. But as the show progressed they rectified that I guess because even the songs got better and felt more natural. By the end of the show I was in love with the OST track 'Scent of a Flower'. Both the male and female versions were beautiful. Choi Jin Hyuk has a knee-wobbling voice. Worth a listen!

I could definitely watch this drama again in a while. Not in the immediate future but maybe in a few months. A well acted and executed drama that I really like surprisingly. The finale of the drama was a treat to watch as well. Nothing felt rushed, everybody got their ends properly. The reason I have given the show a 9/10 rather than a 10/10 despite liking it so much is because although I really appreciate the fact that they gave a good end, it felt a little incomplete for my taste. This is not a flaw, mind you. Maybe the writers left the rest for us to imagine but in my personal opinion I'd have liked it more if they could have wrapped it up in a more definitive manner.

I have absolutely no other complains with the show, it was a delight to watch! Don't miss it :)