ML's brother had no counter plan honestly. Its really weird how he planned to retrieve the edict back, I have…
No that's what. It is not even indicated they were friends. Yeli's mother got the edict from the secret place General Mo told her where he kept it. It was snatched away by her in laws, who gave it to Marquis Muyang from whom Consort got it. But I don't feel Marquis knew Consort had kept the edict for so many years, this is I think not told to us but I think it was said to be destroyed but she kept it.
Someone shared Mo Xiu Yao and Yeli's perceptions in XHS today, and its so on point. I love how they articulated…
1. The seamless transition between two locations connects the past, when Li Mountain was abandoned due to the Crown Prince's fall from grace, to the present, when the Prince of Li's residence, also of the Crown Prince's bloodline, is now abandoned after a fire.
2. The metaphor of a stone blooming represents Ye Li's feelings for Mu Xiuyao. Initially, Ye Li liked the Prince of Ding, but her primary motivations were to repay a debt and seek revenge, with her feelings taking a distant third place. This is why she could remain unfazed by the Prince of Ding's rejection. If things had continued this way, after her revenge was complete, she might have returned to the grave she had dug for herself on Li Mountain to end her life. However, as the Prince of Ding accompanied her and repeatedly promised he would never abandon her, her affection for him grew. The stone bloomed, and she began to fear loss.
3. During their wedding night, Mu Xiuyao paused to observe Ye Li's expression after kissing her. He only continued after she smiled.
4. Among the things Ye Li did after leaving Li Mountain, only asking Mu Xiuyao if he liked her was something she did purely for herself.
5. The bell she brought from Li Mountain represented home. After their wedding night, Ye Li had Mu Xiuyao take it down and hang it in the Prince of Li's residence himself, symbolizing that the residence was now her home.
6. The doctor stated that Ye Li was young and that her loneliness after marrying into the residence had caused her to develop a hysterical condition. Mu Xiuyao asked Ye Li if she had been lonely on Li Mountain. She replied that she was too busy to be lonely. From this, Mu Xiuyao, operating on incomplete information, formed a misunderstanding: he believed Ye Li developed her condition because she had left her loved ones on Li Mountain to marry him and was now overcome with loneliness in the residence. This misunderstanding paved the way for their future separation.
7. Mu Xiuyao was arranged to see Ye Li and her senior brother repaying debts household by household, hinting at his later belief that she married him out of a sense of obligation. "I am also one of your creditors."
Someone shared Mo Xiu Yao and Yeli's perceptions in XHS today, and its so on point. I love how they articulated both the sides. A fan shared it in X today, and I am copy pasting the entire thing here.
ML's brother had no counter plan honestly. Its really weird how he planned to retrieve the edict back, I have…
FL told MXY after her mom's marriage, she was continuously berated by her in laws. Her husband also took another concubine. Her uncle ruled the house. FL's mother's background was powerful. But as a woman she was not at all powerful. Like she was not very dominant. She was kind of a saint. FL's mother was a good person, she wanted to help, I get it. But at that time in the capital, she had no support, her father wasn't there. She did not know fighting. Yes things happened, it took her by surprise, but FL's mom was not like Yeli who has a lot of brain.
No he can't. He was a spoiled brat, a second generation chaebol heir. Never lifted a spoon in his life. But he…
Yes he learns to do chores due to her. She does a lot better in her career thanks to him. That's their story about how they get better depending on each other.
ML's brother had no counter plan honestly. Its really weird how he planned to retrieve the edict back, I have…
Yes that was a stupid too. Even this divorce thing. I posted the director's view on the separation here yesterday, where she said about realism. I feel a fight was normal but writing divorce paper feels a little out of character for MXY. He has not been presented as such to us. But the director herself says that its for climax prep that's bringing MXY to Lishan to know the truth. So they themselves admit its a plot device. Did the writer really have no other idea to bring MXY to lishan. He could have gone to pay respects to FL's grandpa and hence come to know about the truth? For the angst they could show then having different opinions on an important issue hence a small fight. I like the director, I like the way of her direction. But the writer nope, I don't understand her masterclass writing.
ML's brother had no counter plan honestly. Its really weird how he planned to retrieve the edict back, I have…
I remember Yeli saying how powerful Lishan was, and her mother was talented but she fell for a poor official and Yeli's grandpa didn't agree but was forced to. Even MXY said how their marriage was a very big one, and that her mother brought so many dowries that it was very famous. Yeli said a house was given to them after marriage, with additional posts for her uncles and her father being promoted. Yeli said her mother fell for just a good looking man. But after marriage she had no power hold on the family whose respect and riches came from herself. She was a saint, a little stupid but a good person. This was indicated to us since the first episode, and hence there is consistency in her character.
Since people are talking about how FL's mother was stupid, can somebody help me figure out how ML's brother was…
ML's brother had no counter plan honestly. Its really weird how he planned to retrieve the edict back, I have no idea. Yes I get why he trusted FL's mom, because of her connection to Lishan which suppports crown prince, but what if FL's mother never lend suppport to him, we are told nothing about any other plan that ML's brother had.I don't know why FL's mom being a powerless lady with toxic in laws, spineless husband, small child, and no support in the capital, decides to poke her nose in between?I would have understood if the drama told us that MXY's brother and Yeli's mother were friends/classmates or something. Because then to save your close ones you take stupid decisions. But nothing.The edict thing is poorly written.
I love Tan Jian Ci as an actor, but his character in this drama is annoying me. I really don't like the gender…
No he can't. He was a spoiled brat, a second generation chaebol heir. Never lifted a spoon in his life. But he was kind to people. That's his character here. Now you can for sure say, even such people should know it, yes they should. But in practical sense, we will find many of them not doing these works. FL on the other hand belongs from a middle class background. More than gender roles, I think its the class gap. Many modern dramas with rich ladies, show them not lifting their fingers as well. I bet its the same for FL's ex current girlfriend, its just they don't focus there. Honestly he was way worse in the novel. They have toned him down in the drama. But there is character growth for him. Even for the FL who goes from being a saint to a confident woman.
Yeli's mother got the edict from the secret place General Mo told her where he kept it. It was snatched away by her in laws, who gave it to Marquis Muyang from whom Consort got it.
But I don't feel Marquis knew Consort had kept the edict for so many years, this is I think not told to us but I think it was said to be destroyed but she kept it.
2. The metaphor of a stone blooming represents Ye Li's feelings for Mu Xiuyao. Initially, Ye Li liked the Prince of Ding, but her primary motivations were to repay a debt and seek revenge, with her feelings taking a distant third place. This is why she could remain unfazed by the Prince of Ding's rejection. If things had continued this way, after her revenge was complete, she might have returned to the grave she had dug for herself on Li Mountain to end her life. However, as the Prince of Ding accompanied her and repeatedly promised he would never abandon her, her affection for him grew. The stone bloomed, and she began to fear loss.
3. During their wedding night, Mu Xiuyao paused to observe Ye Li's expression after kissing her. He only continued after she smiled.
4. Among the things Ye Li did after leaving Li Mountain, only asking Mu Xiuyao if he liked her was something she did purely for herself.
5. The bell she brought from Li Mountain represented home. After their wedding night, Ye Li had Mu Xiuyao take it down and hang it in the Prince of Li's residence himself, symbolizing that the residence was now her home.
6. The doctor stated that Ye Li was young and that her loneliness after marrying into the residence had caused her to develop a hysterical condition. Mu Xiuyao asked Ye Li if she had been lonely on Li Mountain. She replied that she was too busy to be lonely. From this, Mu Xiuyao, operating on incomplete information, formed a misunderstanding: he believed Ye Li developed her condition because she had left her loved ones on Li Mountain to marry him and was now overcome with loneliness in the residence. This misunderstanding paved the way for their future separation.
7. Mu Xiuyao was arranged to see Ye Li and her senior brother repaying debts household by household, hinting at his later belief that she married him out of a sense of obligation. "I am also one of your creditors."
FL's mother was a good person, she wanted to help, I get it. But at that time in the capital, she had no support, her father wasn't there. She did not know fighting. Yes things happened, it took her by surprise, but FL's mom was not like Yeli who has a lot of brain.
I like the director, I like the way of her direction. But the writer nope, I don't understand her masterclass writing.
Now you can for sure say, even such people should know it, yes they should. But in practical sense, we will find many of them not doing these works. FL on the other hand belongs from a middle class background. More than gender roles, I think its the class gap. Many modern dramas with rich ladies, show them not lifting their fingers as well. I bet its the same for FL's ex current girlfriend, its just they don't focus there.
Honestly he was way worse in the novel. They have toned him down in the drama. But there is character growth for him. Even for the FL who goes from being a saint to a confident woman.