• Location: Sweden

Heffiner

Sweden
Doctor X 5
Dec 17, 2017
This was such a great season, great characters development and I feel like this season is the one that stands out the most.

We finally get to see the impact Daimon has done on the other doctors, both old and new.  And even though Daimon still faces the same power struggle she has on the other seasons I feel that everyone finally sees and respect Daimon for what she is, which is something I've been waiting for.

The final episode gave me chills down my spine, it was probably the best episode of the show in my opinion. What a ride.

I highly doubt that there will be a 6th season but I will welcome it with all my heart.

Like Daimons catchphrase the shows never fails even though every episode follows pretty much the same formula and that is a hard feat. Especially when it's been going for so long that it has. And the fact that it is on it's 5th season is a good enough reason to watch this if you haven't since it quite rare for a Jdrama to get more than 2 seasons.

So I'm going to end this by saying if you haven't watch this yet, you are missing out. So do it now!!

Scandal Senmon Bengoshi QUEEN
Mar 17, 2019
This drama is about a bunch of lawyers in the crisis management department where they help clients, who are facing some sort of scandal, and their problems with the least amount of damage, such as reputation and stuff.

It is a typical case solving drama, with an underlining story involving the main character that becomes the main part of the climax of the drama. And even though the headline says 'with a twist', the twist isn't huge or revolutionary by any means, it does give the drama a bit of freshness IMO ^^

The acting is great, but I might be a bit biased, because I'm in a totally 'I love Takeuchi Yuko' cloud at the moment ^^ But also because her acting is REALLY good, as well as the rest of the cast. They have a nice chemistry with each other and all the characters has their own unique personality which makes the drama stand out even more.

I really like the opening or whatever you wanna call it but the rest of the soundtrack doesn't really stand out. It's not bad by any means, it just doesn't make a lasting impression on me.

All dramas, movies or tv-series, even games, loses a bit of rewatch value (or replay in some cases ^^) since you already know what happens. In this case, knowing what happens is not a deal breaker, so if you like it, you could definitely enjoy watching it again ^^

I really enjoyed this drama, the acting and all the little moments that made the drama ^^ If it gets a second season, I will definitely watch it.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend that you check this one out.

Dr. DMAT
Dec 2, 2016
Dr DMAT is a story about a team of medical staff members called the 'Disaster Medical Assistant Team' or DMAT for short.
They, as you can guess by the name, go out to disaster/accident sites and save as many lives as they can. They are always short on supplies and have to improvise a lot in a chaotic and stressful environment.

Quite similar to Code Blue in that sense, comparing to other medical dramas where the setting is mostly at the hospital.

I really liked the story. The cases are always different and it's realistic in a sense that not all patients survive. Some scenes can be a bit slow but when they arrive at the site you have barely time to blink.

I also like that it's not predictable on what's going to happen. Is the person going to survive?? What choices will the characters make?? You will just have to watch and see.

The thing I would have wanted more of would be more accident per episode, especially at the end. Not that it was boring at the end but they had build it up really well and I would of liked to see a bit more before they went to the last site at the last episode, but other than that, it was great.

Acting/Cast:
The acting is really good and really believable. The cast know exactly what their doing to make their character justice.

Yakumo Hibiki, the main character, has a really smooth character development from being a newbie and only being in the way of DMAT to being the one controlling everything.

The music is great, even though there isn't one that really stood out, it really helped to enhance the scenes to the max.

Re-watch:
A series will always lose a bit of it's shine after the first watch in my opinion, but since this one is a, that I like to call, one case/episode drama (Which most police/medical dramas are), it has a higher
re-watch value rather than a story that build every episode before coming to the conclusion drama where the magic is in not knowing until the end.

Overall:
It's one of the better Jdramas that I've seen and I could definitely see myself watch this again in the future.

Stranger
Oct 17, 2017
It's the first K-Drama I finished and I'm not disappointed.

While the plot may not be new the cast did a great job with the acting so it did not get boring. And even though it is quite a common plot you could not predict how it will end up so if that is something that is putting you off, give this one a chance.

It did get a bit dragging at some point but that is not the shows fault in itself, but rather something that I have found that many, if not all K-Drama have a problem with. I personally think that K-Dramas are a bit to long, both in episode count and in episode length. American shows can have long running seasons because the way they are built, but for K-Drama, and J-Drama that has a lot of information in its episodes, seasons with more than 12 episodes tends to get a bit dragging. Same with the length of the episode which in my opinion should not be over 45-50 minutes unless it's a special episode or something similar. And even though I felt it in this drama I still managed to finish it without problems, so good job for that.

The music is great, some soundtracks have but stuck in my head for days and that should say something.

As for rewatch value it does go down quite a bit because this is a show that thrives with that you don't know who did what and what is going to happen.

I would still recommend this one with all of my heart because this a really good show and I would definitely watch a second season if it would happen.

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim
Sep 25, 2019
Not sure if what is said here would be considered spoilers so I have put the warning just in case.

I have watched a decent amount of medical dramas, both Japanese and Korean and most of the time, even if they are really good, they are not what I was after or expected in a medical drama.

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim is not on of them. This drama IS what I've been looking for in a medical drama. It has the cases, it also deals with the characters themselves and is has a good ratio between the two.
It also have political power play but that feels kinda standard for dramas ^^

I'll admit the first episode did put me off a bit cause it felt like this was gonna be a romantic roller-coaster which is not what I'm after in show like this, but I'm happy I decided to continue.

The cast is amazing. They all make their characters believable, flaws and all. What I really like about the characters is that they all have flaws that makes sense. All the worries they have are understandable and they make mistakes that anyone can make even if they now what they are doing.

The human bond that the show focuses on are basically every type of bond you can think of. Family bond between patients and their families, romantic bonds, friendships and more. Everyone at Doldam Hospital are a family and we get to see how they become a family as we watch the show progress.
My favourite bond/relationship is between Master Kim and Dr Yoon Seo Jung. They have that father-daughter bond that I love to see in shows. Master Kim is strict and he doesn't give any of the doctors special treatment but you can tell that he has a soft spot for her even if he doesn't always show it. I found myself hoping for scenes with the two of them just to see that bond that they share.

My least favourite is the romance between Yoon Seo Jung and Kang Dong Joo. For several reasons. I'm not a huge fan of romance if the shows doesn't need it and this one doesn't. I did warm up to it later on thanks to the chemistry between the actors but the characters, mostly Kang Dong Joo shows some unhealthy responses to it IMO.
He kinda forces himself on her, not in a sexual way, but she's says she's not interested and he keeps pushing. He also becomes jealous and is kinda overprotective when he sees another guy show some sort of interest in her, and that happens even before they actually become an item. It is probably meant to be cute and endearing and Yoon Seo Jung doesn't seem to mind that much but if this was a real relationship that is some serious red flags if you ask me.

Best character is Master Kim's smile XD
Jokes aside, Han Seok Kyu, who plays Master Kim has a really nice smile and when Master Kim is happy I become happy cause it's so infectious. One of my favourite scenes is when Yoon Seo Jung agrees to something and Master Kim shows a big smile while bursting out a happy OKAY!! ^^

I feel like this is one of the few KDramas that has ost that isn't a song but an instrumental ost.
The one called "Hope of Hospital" is really good and when you hear it you know that everything is gonna be all right ^^

This one has a really good rewatch value since it isn't a mystery, even if you've seen it you can enjoy everything as if you're watching it for the first time.

This might be my favourite medical Drama after the Jdrama Code Blue, I recommend this one with my entire being.

Life
Sep 30, 2018
It is no doubt that this drama is a masterpiece but it isn't for everyone.

If you expect a full on medical drama or if you don't like heavy toned dramas with themes like Power struggle, then this isn't for you.

The story isn't very original but it is solid. It is slow, yes, but slow doesn't necessary mean bad. They do not rush through the story and they know when to give it progress and some 'action' to not bore the audience.
It's very dialogue heavy drama and not very light it does have it light moment, so that you're able to breathe or have a little laugh.
There isn't really any romance in this show, some people like that, others don't. I myself aren't really a big fan of romance in dramas because I feel that they always go the through the same route. I don't mind some subtle romance or hints of it. Or even actual romance, if they do it really well. This show go for the subtle romance and it fits this story really well, so I'm happy they didn't go full out with it.

One of the best thing in this show was the acting, everyone did a great job and almost every character was in the grey zone and not one-dimensional. No one of the main characters or 'the good guys' were perfect or 'pure' and that gave a very realistic tone the show which is very important in these kind of shows. Every action the characters made, did make sense.
Some characters do work better than others but it isn't the acting that's the problem but rather the characters themselves and it didn't really bother me to much, but can be worth mentioning at least.

Like some of the other reviews has said, the worst thing in the show is probably the music. And it isn't even bad, just that nothing really stands out, the intro music is probably the soundtrack that stands out the most. This doesn't have to a bad thing as well. It just means that the music does what it supposed to, but it might not be something you would listen to on it's own outside of the show.

As for rewatch value, it always go down a bit after you seen a show since nothing it new anymore, but you could certainly watch this again and enjoy it to it's full potential since it isn't a mystery you have to solve. You know the characters motives and there isn't any big plot twist that would ruin the fun in rewatching the show.

Zettai Reido 2
Jul 14, 2018
First of all, you have to watch the SP before watching this one. I almost didn't and I would've been so confused since the case in the SP has a big part in this season.

The story in this one is different from the first, whereas in the first season it's about cold cases and this season is about live cases and the art of going undercover as a part of the investigation.

At first I was really afraid that the big difference of the cases itself would ruin this season but fortunetly it didn't. Though what I thought was a little sad about this change is that you don't really focus on the feelings of the victims and the people around them that we saw in the first season.
Instead it did turn out a bit more about the cases itself. Also unlike the first season, pretty much all of the cases in this season has a connection to each other even if it doesn't appears to be at first. Once again we see Sakuragi evolve smoothly from an amateur in the art of being undercover to being a profesional.

The acting was great, as was the first season but the stiffnes I felt with some of the guest characters had in the first season was all gone in this one, which is a plus. If it's beacuse of the actors or if the scrips was better I don't know, but that doesn't really matter.
The new characters was introduced well and they quickly felt part of the group that we loved in the first season.

The music was nice, it fit well with scenes but I couldn't find one that really stood out for me.

As for rewatch value it always goes down after you've watch it the first time, but you could certaintly watch this again without feeling bored.

Zettai Reido
Jul 11, 2018
I have watched a lot of crime dramas and I've like most of them, and this is not an exception...

Even though the story isn't super unique you don't really feel bored, as if you've seen it before. What this show does have, that a lot of crime dramas don't, is the focus on the feelings that everyone have.
The victims, family and friends of the people that has left the world and even sometimes the murderers feelings.
What made them commit the crime?? What were the victims doing before they died and what did they do that caused them to become the victims??

The fact that this drama went into that territory and not only focused on the crime solving itself, is what made this show in my opinion.

The acting from the main cast is really great Ueto Aya did a great job of being a "pure" newbie without being too naive and slowly growing as the series progress.
Though I did feel that in some instances some of the guest characters could be a bit stiff in the acting but nothing that bothered me to much.

The music was great, the soundtrack fit really well on the scenes the were playing on and I could see myself listening to it on my spare time.

As for rewatch value, I always find it to go down a bit since you've already watched it... especially if the drama has a lot of twists. Zettai Reido does not really have any huge twists so I feel like you could watch this again after some time and still enjoy it to the fullest.

Overall it is a quite average drama, nothing to special but nowhere nere boring. It has it's moment, and I had no trouble binging the first season, so I would recommend this one to lovers of crime dramas ^^