• Last Online: 28 minutes ago
  • Join Date: April 21, 2017

YueofBlueGables

YueofBlueGables

Manpuku
It is only my second Asadora, but I can confirm they are really addictive. Easy to watch and easy to fall in love with the characters. It is like they become part of your family, I am going to miss them all ^_^.

I love Sakura Ando as Fukuko; she was cheerful and strong and my, her tears were so good. She had a nice chemistry with Hasegawa Hiroki; they were truly a wonderful married couple. They look the part too.. they look young at first and older at the end, unlike Kaname Jun (Tadahiko) and Matsushita Nao (Katsuko), who still looked too young to be grandfparents. Manpei was the ying and Fukuko the yang in their relationship, the complimented each other. If it weren't for Fukuko, Manpei wouldn't go anywhere with his ideas (but let's face it.. most of the good ideas came from Fukuko but Manpei-san was the one who was able to reproduce the idea or make it real).

I loved Fukuko's mother.. she was such a character! Annoying and meddlesome but so funny and with a good heart. By the end of the series, I was loving every one, from Sera to Shinichi. How nice that Shinichi was still part of the family, even after so many years of Saki's death. And how nice that Saki was still present in their lives even though she died so many years ago. How nice that Kanbe-kun admired and loved the Tachibana couple so much. And how nice how everyone was involved in one way or the other in the success of Manpuku Noodles.

The support of family, friends... all of them were so important to make Manpuku Noodles come to what it is. As always in a J-drama, family and friends are pivotal in the main character's lives (and at the same time, they influence positive in the others).

Some scenes were a bit slow for my liking, like all the times Manpei went to prison. Reason why I rate this 8.5. And sometimes I just wanted to smack Manpei-san... I know he was a genius and couldn't see straight beyond his ideas, but poor Fukuko suffered so much many times and years (but she loved that her husband was an inventor). He was the reason of all her tears; of her happy and sad tears.

Main song was cute and the opening sequence very dorky, I loved it.

I will mourn for a couple of weeks and then start a new Asadora ^_^

The Crimes That Bind
Oct 1, 2018
As someone who is a bookworm and reads lots of mystery, I can say that Japanese mystery books are among my favorites. They are gripping and usually the ending stays with me for a long time. And Higashino Keigo is a master in suspense/thrillers/mystery. All the tangles of the murder, who is connected to whom... not so much who is the murderer (there are not many suspects) but the reason of why behind the murder. And it was really touching; I was very touched at the flashback and the reasons behind the crimes. I am weak when it comes to father and daughter relationships :( and as always, Kohinata Fumiyo was great, he is so kind-looking... **weeps**

I was pleasantly surprise at the cameos at the end of the movie... cameos of actors who worked previously with Abe Hiroshi

On a side note, I wish more Higashino's books were translated, they are truly worth reading.

Soratobu Kouhoushitsu
May 31, 2018
I just noticed that most of my favorite dramas come from TBS. This one was no exception. It is a very heartwarming story. Good work environment, giving your all, working for your dreams, nice friends and coworkers, a sweet romance and excellent acting. I loved it.

The setting is the Japanese Air-force Public Relations, which may be an odd place but it worked because of the people working there. I love to watch stories in places that make you feel, or part of them, or at least, wanting to be part of them and of course I felt the same with this group of people. Sorai (Ayano Go) is the sweetest Beta hero I've seen in a long time, hardworking, who loves what he does (and what he used to do), and who loves his Boss, who, by the way, was a gem. Who wouldn't want to have a Boss like Sagizaka-san, who was not only kind but a splendid matchmaker? He loved Sorai as his son, so that made him love "Ina-pyon" automatically like his daughter. And his story with his wife brought tears to my eyes, such a sad story.

I love stories where less is more.

Ayano Go looks and acts amazing in this. His gentle face, his dorky smile XD He and Gakky make a beautiful and cute couple. I hope they do a rom-com in a near future.

Jan 22, 2018
The poster is totally unrelated to the story, but nevertheless, it was a  very fun movie that has aged quite well. I love American 90's movies, and this one was very similar to them... location, jokes, life of the students, etc. The first 10  minutes or so had me giggling the whole time, it was both impressive and imaginative. It reminded me a little bit of my high school life XD Then it is all about the students trying to save their dorm, but the principal -the villain- makes a pact with them: in order to save the  dorm they all need to grade 100 points. And what's the safest way than cheating in all the exams? XD

The group of students are all colorful, a bit geeky but silly. Pretty Namie Amuro is part of the gang because she has to go and fall for her dimwit classmate XD

All of them look so young! But they didn't change much, like Namie, Yamaguchi and Fujiki Naohito. They all look them same, the men even aged like wine.

A very fun 1 hour and a half movie. Short and to the point. I think anyone who likes classic American comedy would like this.

Gomenne Seishun!
Dec 18, 2017
Usually I try to avoid school dramas because I think I've see the best of them. But I wanted to see Mitsushima Hikari (Hachiya-sensei) in a light role for once. And I am so happy I did! Not only she finally gets a happy life, but the story was so much fun. When I was watching  it, I was constantly thinking:

"ah, I want a teacher like Hara-sensei when I was in school" (he loves his students, he gives wonderful and encouraging speeches, and he is so cute <3).

"ah, I want to have students like them" (they were all nice people and honest and not one of them was mean and they were all fighting to have a good time in their first year as co-ed).

"ah, I want classmates like them when I was in school" (they were all fun and supportive).

There are like 12 students that are the main students in the drama, and each one of them contributed to the story. There are silly and fleeting romance stories between them: one day A loves B, next day B loves C, so A falls for D, and so on. Still, their friendship was never fleeting; this was a classroom to remember fondly in the future. I specially teared up when the transsexual student came out of the closet and all her classmates were like "we knew and that's ok". Same when her father, who at first refused to acknowledge his beautiful son loved to dress as a girl, finally embraced the reality and said "thank you for pretending to be a boy all these years till now". What a beautiful quote.

The script was beautiful,  nothing corny about it. I can safely say that this drama is one of the  best school comedy in Jdramaland. This one deserves more love! When I  was in ep. 6 or so I was already a bit sad since it was almost the end.

Nishikido Ryo was lovely as Hara-sensei. No wonder his student fell for him. Not only he is a kind person, his smile is bright and he loves what he does. And I love Hachiya-sensei's love story with him. The kabe-don, and the grip  in the train, and all her craziness. And of course, she looked so  pretty with that short hair. It suits her heart-shaped face. Really, I loved everything about her, from her face to her personality to her weird clothes. And she must be super-tiny because Ryo is short, but he was at least one head taller than her O_O

The principal (Namase Katsuhisa) suits this kind of role perfectly. He wasn't annoying (like his role in Gokusen), and his talk-show was very funny. First time I liked all teachers in a school drama! And all these students too... I loved them all. I have seen most of them is small guest roles in other dramas, so I am happy to know  that they are doing well, being still young.

Music was ok, I didn't pay much attention to K8' song but I know it suited the fun, vibrant life of school-life.

Mini-reunion: Ryusei Ryo (my boy!) with another Kyoryuger member.

Mi wo Tsukushi Ryouricho
Dec 12, 2017
A very heartwarming dorama. I wasn't expect that, since the summary  tells that it is about the difficulties of a young girl to be a cook in a  chauvinistic world. And it is but it is also about the kindness of  people, how they help each other in small but significant ways; it is  also about family and to care about someone else's well being. And of  course, it is also about overcoming the difficulties in life with the  help of people who loves you.

I am adding Kuroki Haru in  my list of favorite actresses. Whenever role she plays, I just want her  to be happy And when she is, her happiness is contagious. And she is so  gentle, so Japanese-lady-like. My other favorite in this dorama was her  mistress (Yasuda Narumi), who loved her as a mother. Her love for her adopted daughter, and for her son was beautiful. Her sad smile was so poignant...

There  is a little reunion of members of "Juhan Shuttai", which made me really  happy (4 of them!). Starting with the MC, who again works hard in what  she loves XD And is spite of working again with Nagayama Kento  (Nagata-sensei), I was rooting for Komatsubara-san since the very  beginning. I loved when there is respect and a little bit of teasing  from the love interest XD

I love the setting, since historical  stories set in Edo period are most of the times my favorites. The food  that are shown look mostly so tasteful (and there is a little culinary  demonstration of the main recipe of the day at the end of each episode,  performed by the amazing Kuroki Haru). The other time, when I was eating  with other people and they were "ohhh my, so delicious" I laughed  internally because that's what happens every time people eats Mio's  food).

The OST is lovely, it helped to keep the tone light.

For  rewatch value, yes, I would watch it again, specially when the SP is  subbed (there HAS to be a SP... when I finished Ep 8 I was like, WHAT?).  Besides, it is very short, with 8 episodes only, of 35 minutes aprox  each ep.).

Oriento Kyuko Satsujin Jiken
Nov 22, 2017
This was a really, really well done version of the famous book. I think  one of the factors is that, in my eyes, Japan and England are similar in many things (their people are considered cold/not showing too many  feelings, they both like tea and gardens, and so on). There are 2 parts,  Part 1 is all about the murder, and the most loyal to the book (I've  read the book years ago, I don't remember it all too well though). Part 2  is about the recruitment of the group who is going to murder the bad  guy and the planning to do it. My personal favorite was Part 2. It was  more dynamic, and we get to know all characters. Part 1 was much slower,  I think it could have been shorter.

The OST was sublime. The girls look all beautiful with their vintage clothes, make-up and hairstyles. The younger men, like Tamaki and  Nino, looked so handsome.

I  love how they changed what it needed to be changed to make it more  Japanese. Like, instead of other languages (English, French), it were dialects. Or all names in Kanji.

I can find only 2 minuses in this version:

1)  Suguro Takeru, a.k.a, Poirot. I think the actor looked incredible as  Poirot, and I think he would be excellent in a version for theater.  Poirot is a very vain and egocentric guy, therefore, he is also a character who can be annoying for some or amusing for others. The actor, Nomura Mansai,  was certainly more eccentric than I imagine Poirot to be, that's why I  think it would have looked better on stage. He certainly is the most handsome (and thinner) Poirot I've seen so far. Unfortunately, where he did very wrong was in trying to look... what? Funny? One of a kind? with that annoying voice. Why did he have to talk like that?

2) Length:  since I am more used to doramas, I would have preferred if, instead of 2 parts of 2 hours and 20 minutes, it were 4 episodes of 45 minutes (part 1 should have been shorter). As it was, I split it in half every episode to watch it.

I recommend it strongly for people who like to watch other version of this super popular book. Besides, the cast was  excellent (except for "Poirot", who could have been great if he talked normally).

Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru
Oct 2, 2017
I love stories with Sign Language. I think it is a beautiful form of  communication. I tried to find books to learn it, but there are so many  (American, British, Spanish, Mexican) so I am not sure which one to  get. Anyway, I strongly recommend this dorama to people who watched/read  "Koe no Katachi" and loved it. The big difference is that this story is  not in school, but the adult life of a deaf girl. How she starts to be  part of the society (by working), how she meets her future husband, how  other people who meet her starts to learn Sign Language. How hard for  her is to become a mother, to be married, etc.

The story is  simple, yet beautiful. I shed many tears while watching it, and it is  not because it is a sad story. No, it is simply because there are  certain scenes that where too emotional. Like when her  future-mother-in-law comes to Mieko's house to ask her to please not  marry her son. Like the speech Mieko's daughter gives at school, both  out loud and with signs. And all the times someone talks to her (thru  signs) for the first time: Hirofumi, his mother, the doctor, etc. It was  so poignant every time someone tried their best to talk to her.

Kanno Miho is the sweetest girl and best fit for this role. She cries many times  throughout the 5 episodes, but they all were understandable. Since she  is deaf, she has little confidence in herself, and for every mistake or  hardship that brings her deafness to the people she loves, she blames  herself. Thank Godness she marries the most patient and sweetest guy on  Earth.

Besides her, I loved, LOVED the mothers: her mother and  her mother-in-law. Strong women who loved Mieko, and some time later,  their granddaughter.

My favorite episodes were 1, 2 and 3. I have  watched Episode 1 twice (I finished this a couple of days ago, and  rewatched Ep. 1 yesterday). There are only 5 episodes, 1 hour and 30  minutes long. First episode is from 1997, 2nd from 1998, 3rd from 1999,  4th from 2000 and the last one from 2001. Like most people, I prefer to  watch recent dorama, but it is for the quality of the video only. In  regards to story, oldies are better: they are simpler, they are sweeter.  Romance is much better without cellphones and other technologies. For  example, in this dorama, there are no cellphones, so Mieko and Hirofumi  send each other faxes to talk at night. Isn't that cute?

The song "I just called to say I love you" fit the dorama perfectly.

Beautiful story, totally recommended!

Cold Case: Shinjitsu no Tobira
Sep 28, 2017
This was a really, really well done remake of the American TV Show  (which I used to watch). All episodes were engaging, there wasn't any  dragging, and they were all well narrated. The dark tone fit the show  perfectly. Awesome cinematography. It's been a while since I wanted to  watch a WOWOW dorama; from what I've read, they are mostly well received,  with talented characters and a big budget.

The characters were  excellent played. I liked all 5 main characters, and I found the serial  killer so creepy I think I will ever see him (the actor, who also is in  variety shows) as a creepy guy. There wasn't any overacting at all, even  the children did good. The songs were mostly great, some were  American/English, some were Japanese. All cases were interesting, some  were sad, and some were hard to watch (the poor students, for example).  And I absolutely loved that this was set in Yokohama, one of the most  beautiful cities I have ever seen and visited.

I think this is  one of those dorama that anyone would like: young people, older  people... I am glad they are having a second season.

Nakuna, Hara-chan
Aug 17, 2017
I am going to miss watching "Nakuna, Hara-chan". I am going to miss Akkun, Makihiro, Laughing Old Man, Yuki. I am going to miss listening to their song. This dorama is so full of heart! I loved it, the story and the characters and the soundtrack, and the little town, and everything.

First episode was ok; to me, the weakest one. But Ep. 2 and the next, and the next, were all wonderful. Nagase Tomoya was excellent as Hara-chan. He is, in this drama, like a Japanese Jim Carrey. The way he runs, the way he laughs, the way he smiles... He is handsome but at the same time, goofy, which suits the character. The weakest character, for me, was Echizen-san, or "Kamisama", the mangaka. Not only she was a bit bland (but relatable) but the actress, Aso Kumiko, pouts a lot and I hate pouts. On the other hand, she has a sweet smile, and sometimes she looked like an older Gakky.

My favorite episodes were with the manga-characters and their first contact with the world. There was something innocent and sweet in all of these scenes, and the reason why the audience would fall in love with each of them. I loved their thumbs down. And Hara-chan smile :) The setting was lovely, albeit a bit empty. I wonder if there is a meaning for that. And also, what was the meaning of Tama-chan as a manga-character.

I love the OST. Ending song is by TOKIO, and also the nice melody that plays along the scenes. However, and this may sound strange since it is a children's song, my favorite was "Watashi no Sekai". Mostly because it IS the drama; we hear it in the opening song, but also, Hara-chan and his gang love to sing it when they are happy. The song is a bit like "It's a Small World": it is happy but also sad. It is nostalgic and sweet. The lyrics are meaningful, basically "Just let me be. We are all different. This is my life and that is yours". A bit depressing, but real.

The message of the dorama is to love yourself, to value your existence. To value your friends and family. Manga is a wonderful world, but eventually you have to live your own life. I wouldn't hesitate to re-watch it, how knows, maybe I would even love Ep. 1 as much as I did the rest. A hidden gem.

Kodoku no Gurume
Jun 6, 2017
For anyone who likes to watch Gourmet channels and/or Travel shows, this would be highly enjoyable and recommended. It doesn't really have a plot: Goro-san has a job that is related to importation goods, so he goes here and there to meet his clients. That takes around 3 minutes of the show. Then he walks down the neighborhood where he is visiting, makes some remarks about the place, while we the audience can enjoy beautiful sights of the Japanese town. There are mostly in Tokyo, but he also visits the outside, like Chiba. That takes around 3 minutes as well.

Then, he suddenly stops and makes a funny expression. "Ah... I am hungry". Zoom out, zoom out, with a funny OST. This happens all the time, and after that, he goes looking for a restaurant/dining, which is mostly a familiar, cozy, simple one. He orders his food.. it is always different, but 99% of the time, one of his side dish would be rice. Goro-san loves rice (there is an episode where he even eats his Neapolitan spaghetti with rice!). Actually, he loves any kind of food. He is the happiest man on Earth when he is eating. While he is eating, internally he is commenting about his food. ""Ii janaika", is mostly his remark XD He loves it, he is so happy to have picked THAT place and THAT food. And how he eats! You wonder how such a skinny man can eat so much and be that thin. Sometimes he orders 2, 3 different things. And he eats so fast, even when the food is super hot.

The last 3 minutes is the author of the dorama going to the same dining and eating almost always the same food. My, how happy his author is! You can't help but be happy with him, he is 100% smiles.

I loved this, I realized I had to have my dinner first before watching an episode, since all dishes are mouthwatering.

Recommended specially to people who is going to visit Japan and are looking for places to eat. The restaurants Goro-san visits are real; the rest are all actors.

Love Generation
May 15, 2017
I admit it, I was not very attracted to the story the first 5 minutes, mainly because it is an oldie and you can tell that it is. The quality is poor, I downloaded one that is so LQ that the faces are mostly pixelated. This is the first time I watch a real old dorama. Hell, I was in Middle School when this was released. I was a BSB fan, and not interested in Japan at all (wow, I was missing so much!). The thing is, Internet was a rare phenomenon, and I did not have access to it like I do now.

So once the shock of watching such a LQ dorama passed, I was hooked with the story. It has a Mexican soap opera feeling; the angles of the camera, the old soundtrack, the clothes... Even that apple in the middle of anything was so soap-opera-ish. I did not understand what it meant, although after half of the episodes, I kind of understood (the banner says "True love never runs smooth"; and it is obvious Teppei's and Riko's is True Love).

The story is a slice of life, a romantic one with several misunderstandings. Because the dorama has 11 episodes only, the misunderstandings don't last long (thankfully), but they happen one after the other.

All I can say is that the script was so well done I was immediately hooked, and it did not matter that I did not like most of the characters. Out of 5, I liked 2. I disliked the others intensely.

Who I liked?

- Riko, played by Matsu Takako. She can act, that is a big plus. Besides, I liked her personality. I like that she was so different from Sanae, that she was so easy-going and mostly annoying, but at least, very honest. Every time she cried, I was tearful. Poor girl, she suffered so much, but she never gave up! I admired her, because if I was her, I would have given up since episode 3.

- Eriko: Her best friend, interpreted by Fujiwara Noriko. She was a cheerful girl who was always there to support Riko-chan.

Before I start with the "who I did not like", I want to say that Kimura looked his best here. Not only he is younger (duh), but once he cuts his hair (or it is cut by someone else hehe) he looks really good. Nice haircut, simple but very sexy.

So...

Who I did not like?

- Teppei: while it may be true that KimuTaku looks his best here, it is also not his best role. Sure, Teppei is a "kakkoi" guy, he is a hard-worker, a nice friend and co-worker (what guy would be so nice to not have yelled at the girl who cut his glorious hair?). He also has his moments where the female audience would go "awwww" (such as when he hugs Riko from behind.. or when he runs to her hometown once he hears she is having an omiai). I had Shingo in mind during these scenes. There was a corner in SMAPxSMAP where the guys had to decide between A or B, which action is best liked by women? And according to Shingo, he had Kimura's characters in mind to decide, because Kimura's character are like, the epitome of Hero in a Romance. Well, not really. Teppei is not only a lecher, but an awful boyfriend. He makes Riko suffer constantly; he plays two sides. The only option Riko had was to trust him, and how could she? Even I had my doubts whether he really loved her or not. And once he hurt her, and she ran away, he went after her to do, what? To stay in front of her and be quiet? Say something, damn it!

Another thing I hated about him, but I guess it is all Kimura's, is that bad habit he has to smoke every damn time. In the office. Inside the taxi. At the bar. In his department. I hate smoking, and I hate that Kimura has, in that time already, smoker mouth (gray lips, stained teeth). Not appealing at all.

- Soichiro: what can I say, the Katagiri brothers are the worst. After he commits the worst crime a man can do to his fiancee, he has the nerve to ask for forgiveness. What an ass.

- Sanae: although she is nice and does not have ill intentions towards Riko, I could not stand her. The main reason is that I hate her type: perfect ex-girlfriend, perfect housewife, soft-spoken, always there with Teppei even when they have broken years ago. So fragile she needed Teppei (Te-chan **sneer**) always there for her (and the stupid guy who had to comfort her even when his Girlfriend was there suffering). Besides, first she "loves" Soichiro; then turns out, she has always loved Teppei, and at the end, she wants to try things over with Soichiro. Make up your mind, woman!

To me, the story was somewhat similar to Inuyasha (I love that manga/anime). Teppei is like Inuyasha (although Inuyasha was more sensible, and he truly appreciated Kagome), even their personalities were alike: serious, rescuing whoever needed him. Riko is like Kagome, suffering because her love one cannot forget his first love. And although she suffers and cries because of him, she cannot go away. Better to suffer than not being with him. I cannot say Sanae is like Kikyo because she is not... at all.

There is not a single boring moment on these 11 episodes; true, there were times where I was biting my nails because of certain misunderstandings (although I was always rooting for Riko, and if she misunderstood something, it was for a good reason). I would recommend it to people who likes or liked to watch Latin soap operas.

Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Apr 27, 2017
If I had to choose my favorite Japanese show I would have to say it is ZSK. I loved it, I love it and I will always love it. Geez, I was loving it before I watch it (due the screen-caps and all I've read about it). My first Sentai. And, at least for a long time, my last Sentai. Because I loved this so much I don't think I will bear to watch another one without my favorite cast.

What is so great about this show?

**Cast/Actors**
I don't think I have ever watched a show with such a colorful characters. Sure they may be the stereotypical ones -the energetic one, the funny, one, the playboy one, etc- but it worked. And most of them had a story going on, so we get to know them. It is funny because I was reading this forum in tokunation after I finished the episodes, and there was some really heavy discussion about Daigo being "too perfect". I wasn't bothered by it in the least. In fact, to me it made perfect sense, and I will say why.

Because to me, the characters of ZSK were based on "One Piece".

Huh? Some will say. And no, I am not a OP hardcore fan. Yes I like it, but not to the point of seeing resemblance to OP in every corner. Only in ZSK I felt that way, and only regarding the personality of characters. For example:

- Daigo/Luffy: both are "Red" and the leader of the team. Both are very energetic and also very excited about everything (battles, their nakamas, etc). Daigo's outfit, especially the red vest, is very similar to Luffy's vest. Most of the battles are won by Daigo/Luffy.

- Ian/Sanji: both are the "playboy" of the team. Ian is Black; Sanji always wears a black suit. Both of them have part of their bang falling above their left eye.

- Souji/Zoro: both are good at sword. Souji is Green, while Zoro has green hair and mostly green outfit. Both are serious and don't talk much. Souji did not get along with Ian at first; Zoro and Sanji are constantly fighting. Souji lives in a dojo; Zoro grew up in one until he decided to go out to become the best at sword.

- Nossan/Ussop: both have curly black hair. Nossan is known for telling old man's jokes; Ussop is known for lying. Both are the comic relief of their respective series. Nossan is the Blue K.; Ussop wears wrist-bands that have blue on them. But most of the times, Nossan wears pants and shoes of the same color as Ussop's outfit.

- Amy/Nami: even their names sound similar. Both are kind of tomboys girls; Amy is a rich girl while Nami loves money the most. Both of them are the only girl in the team for a long time.

- Uchy/Chopper: both of them are "different" from the others (Uchy because he comes from another time; Chopper because he is a talking-animal). Both are cute and very innocent.

- Yayoi/Robin: both are the last girl to join; both are somewhat nerdy. Yayoi is Violet K.; Robin wears violet clothes.

So that's it. These are my thoughts about the resemblances. Not much, but episode after episode I couldn't help but comparing both of them.

I looooove the actors. I was impressed by Daigo's energy. Man, that actor was the most energetic MC or what! Even when he was dancing it was with all his might. All of them were really good at fighting; Amy knew how to cry, and man, that Saito Syusuke (Ian) is the most handsome Japanese guy or what! All in all, I have to admit that, although I love everyone of them (not only the Kyoryugers, but everyone! From Candelira to the weakest monster) my favorites were Uchy, Ian and Nossan. I love that, although Ian and Daigo and Souji are young boys, they do not look girly, nor too boyish, but men. Which is something that bothers me about the next Sentai show (Resshai something... TOQrangers or similar). The red ranger looks like a girl! And I saw in some videos that he even wears lipstick... I can't imagine Daigo or Ian or Souji putting themselves lipstick... which, all in all, make them manly even though they are super young.

**Story**
It wasn't complicated, it did not have many twists but it was enjoyable, all 30 minutes of it. Definitely a show for either kids or adults. Or kids AND adults. It wasn't only about the Kyoryugers defeating the bad guys: it was also about Daigo and his father; about Ian looking for revenge (and that last scene with Aigaron was touching or what!); Souji attempting to be a better swordman; Nossan trying to hide from his sister that he was a Kyoryuger. I love that Candelira and Luckiero weren't bad and have their HEA. I love the little tease between Candelira and Nossan. I love the Spirit Rangers.

**Opening and ending sequence**
May be the first time I watched the entire show (all 48 episodes of it) from beginning to end. I LOVE the songs; they are so energetic! Wait, am I repeating the word "energetic" over and over again? That is because the whole show was full of energy! It doesn't have a single dull moment, and the opening and ending sequence may be the most excited of all. I love the little kids, and newly-married couple, and basically, everyone that dance at the end. I've read that some sentai heroes from other shows also appeared dancing at the end; isn't that just too cool?

**Henshin!**
What at awesome transformation! With a samba dance. It was so funny and so much fun, to watch the 6 Kyoryugers dancing and shout "fire!" to become Kyoryugers. And when it needed to happen, also when Yayoi, and Torin, and the old guys, had to dance as well. I love that the Henshin is included in the little dance at the end.

**Everything that is MECCHA and whatever**
Ok, so I am not really an expert in that area, but it was so much fun the gun + the little pills to transform and fight, and the meccha part (where all parts of a dinosaur join together to become a gigantic robot). Ahh the memories! When I used to watch Power Rangers, the American edition, when I was younger...

I did not want the series to end :( I can't believe 48 episodes went to fast. Luckily I still have 3 more movies, but still :( Super recommended

Oct 4, 2017
It was nice to see the whole gang again. And to hear the OP song, so cute! It was like a "waa, how nostalgic" feeling, which may be ridiculous because I finished this dorama just  about half year ago. And I also was thinking, throughout the 1 hour and a  half, how lucky those two Johnnys are! Because Ishihara Satomi and Kimura Yoshino are  not only beautiful, but very charismatic and so lady-like! I love  Satomi in this role, her laugh is so contagious. And all her outfit were  excellent (ok, except for that one she wears when she is moving out...  it was kind of ridiculous).

What I loved about the dorama was how  Konno-san worked as proofreader and how she inspired the other people  in her office. Fortunately, since she is now working in Lassy, we still  get to enjoy the fun of proofreading. But on the other hand, it was more  about Konno working for Lassy and being stressed-out about it and how  she is again herself once she proofreads. Like Tako said " your dream  work may not be your vocation". Too bad Tako had so few scenes, because  he was a good character.

Other thing that I didn't like in the  dorama, and still didn't like in this SP, is Yukito. Very bland  character. Konno-san deserved a more lively guy, a guy with stronger  personality. Like Tako :(

While I found the whole SP nice but a bit MEH, I loved the ending. Now I want a 2nd season ^_^ (this time about Konno-sa falling in love with another guy that isn't Yukito)

Tonari no Kazoku wa Aoku Mieru
May 17, 2019
I mentally rated this drama an 8 when I finished Ep01. It was a nice-feeling drama but one I thought wasn't going to be too memorable. Boy, I was wrong. When I finished ep02 I was loving it and by the end of Ep03 I was a crying mess.

The story is a bit idealistic mixed with realistic. Idealistic when it comes to live in a residential complex and being friends after a few disagreements and also the support and acceptance of the ones who were close-minded at first (Komiyama-san; the mother-in-law and Ryota). But highly realistic when it comes to women who have troubles to conceive (Nana) or women who do not want to be a mother (Chihiro), and of course, the ignorance and discrimination of people like Komiyama-san.

All 4 stories were good: the gay couple (the older, closeted guy with his much younger boyfriend); the family (the mother who is more concerned about the "what would people think"); the soon-to-be-married couple (Chihiro does not want to have a baby but eventually learns how to be a mother of the son of her fiancee) and my favorite, Nana and Daiki who are struggling to have a baby.

I liked most actors except for the boy who played Ryota and Nana, played by Fukada Kyoko. She can't act; she thinks that the silly bambi face she makes is acting, but my, every time she cried, I was crying :( Her story was too sad, every day trying to get pregnant till the "reset" day, which was when she had her period and it was starting all over again. Her scenes, along with her mother-in-law (interpreted phenomenally by Takahata Atsuko), made me cry like a baby :( I think Nana and Daiki are my favorite married couple in Doramaland... all her struggles and all his support were outstanding.

The annoying characters have a good redemption at the end, so there is no bad person in the whole drama. So it is one of those uplifting dramas that at the same time, are a bit sad since real life happens and not everything is white or black.

I've read that several people were not satisfied with the ending, but I loved it.

Thanks a million to the subber, Raiho80 ^_^