• Birthday: October 23
  • Join Date: January 30, 2016
When We Were Young
Dec 21, 2018
This drama was soo gooooood!!!! I really recommend to new c-drama fans!! It's definitely one of my top favorite dramas of 2018! It has similarities with "Itazura na Kiss" series and their remakes as well as "A Love So Beautiful"

Yangxi, main female character, is actually quite smart when she puts her mind to it. Although she seems to not have enough confidence or believe in herself, she is still able to do it with motivation from those around her. She is typically very positive and energetic. The usual happy-go-lucky female lead. I really like her personality. She initially wanted to depend on cross country running to help with her exam points but that changed so the drama focused on her in class with her friends - studying, reading, etc. She is obsessed with wuxia romance novels and dramas its her way of de-stressing or happiness. Its also a distraction so she gets in trouble for it. Don't worry though because her tutor is quite strict yet charming.
New transfer and intelligent student, Hua Biao, is usually her tutor and very strict. Its adorable watching those two together! They have such great chemistry; I just couldn't stop smiling when they stare at each other, care about each other or have subtle movements with one another. Hua Biao tends to do things on his own or prefers to not bother anyone until his friends figure it out. However, Hua Biao is also friendly with others like Yangxi so he's quite loved by his peers. His personality is typically very nonchalant but in reality he has his troubles. I was very heartbroken for him in episode 23. I felt his pain, Hou Ming Hao (actor) did a great job portraying the character.
Liyu is Yangxi's neighbor and childhood friend, he is also smart and cares deeply for Yangxi. He tends to do things for Yangxi because he likes her, however, Yangxi is quite clueless and thinks its just part of his personality. He is able to do a lot of things on his own and he cooks very well according to Yangxi. He is usually alone, like Hua Biao who only has his grandma. Liyu only has his dad while his mother is living in another country. He is a mama's boy and wishes to see her and be with her. There was one time when he was upset with her, and that's the episode I disliked the most because he was very stubborn. Other than that, I do like his relationship with Yangxi, its very precious!
The drama focuses on other supporting characters' stories as well and it's not boring at all! I can resonate with a few of them. You may end up being heartbroken, or sad but not mad or anything. Although there are some parents I wanted to slap because they were quite selfish. At the end of the day, this drama has almost every issue families deal with in reality.

I love the editing of the drama especially when someone does something for another without their knowledge, it transitions back to show us how that person did it. The last episode was one of my favorite edits because it shows when Hua Biao took notice of Yangxi, quite earlier than we thought haha.

The ending wasn't exactly how I wanted to happen but I'm satisfied. Its not a bad ending. It was, in a way, sad but I'm happy that everyone were able to do something they dreamed of or hope to do. I wish for a season 2 of the same cast but I doubt it will happen. :( IT NEEDS A SEASON 2!!!

Overall this drama was very sweet, cute, refreshing and a must watch! It deals with typical school stress, teenage crush/romance, dementia awareness, depression, families issues such as divorced parents, expectations from parents, job lost, etc. I could re-watch it all over again! I kept re-watching the episodes as I waited for new episodes to come out each week, it is very good!

My Youth
Apr 10, 2019
This drama is set in the early 2000s where all the wonderful Taiwanese groups and artists were quite popular during this time! Jay Chou, F4♥ aka JVKV F.I.R., and S.H.E.!!

Aside from my fangirling of these legendary artists, the overall drama plot was very pleasant to watch and quite refreshing. I just finished it raw about half an hour ago.
Typically the female lead will work hard to grab the attention of her first crush from the start of the drama. However, the main female lead's love shifted throughout the drama. Its not your typical love story. It goes from bickering enemies, friendship then love relationship. Towards the end, the main couple had some bumps in their relationship but of course it doesn't stop there. The side characters' love story were very interesting to watch, some were relatable as well.
There's a relationship that began from playing games together and finally falling in love in real life. Then there's the heartbreaking unrequited love from another side character.
The thing I did not like about the drama is the main female lead who plays San San. Something about her acting was very awkward and unrealistic to me. The transition between her lines seems a bit off as well. Maybe it's just me but I really did not enjoy her acting. It's awkward to the point that I don't really see the chemistry between the main leads. It just seems one-sided from Zhao Yi Qin who plays Lan TIan Yi in the drama. Which by the way, he looked very much like the early 2000s Jay Chou - I couldn't stop thinking about that! I digress however I must say Zhao Yi Qin did a wonderful job with his role.
Overall the drama had a happy ending for everyone. It was a great ending. I would recommend if you like high school, college life, and adult life drama because this drama went through all three phases. It was overall cute and adorable drama.

Xuan-Yuan Sword: Han Cloud
Jan 1, 2018
This drama was interesting and heartbreaking but at the same time can be hilarious. It has a lot to do with loyalty, betrayal, friendship, trust, teamwork, and of course romance. I specifically liked the brotherhood/sisterhood in this drama. The romance of the main leads were a bit eh. I did not know when they started liking each other and why? Still asking that now since I finished it. The annoying part is that I remember the female lead kept calling the male lead Yang Feng's name over -5 times in a row. It got the point that I did not want her to speak another word.  If you like xianxia dramas [fantasy with martial arts action scenes+special effects] I would recommend it. But if you hate watching a character(s) get saved over and over when at the brink of death then don't watch it

Put Your Head on My Shoulder
May 9, 2019
Once the main couple gets together the drama just becomes very bubbly, cute, loveable and cliche. Also the cat and dog audio effects makes this drama a lot more fun to watch.
In the beginning I was upset with the main lead, Si Tu Mo because she wouldn't leave this man who is one out of two most irritating and annoying character in this drama. (The other one is a snitch and I wanted to punch him everytime he raises his hand or snitches on ehem someone.)
Anyways, eventually she began living together with male lead, Gu Wei Yi who taught her how to chase her dreams and come out of her shell. When that happens she's more outgoing and basically wears the pants in the relationship. I grew to love her because she knows what she wants. haha
Gu Wei Yi is an awkward nerd but handsome student. He's quite innocent when it comes to relationships so he's clueless 100% of the time when it comes to how Si Tu Mo is feeling. Needless to say, I enjoyed watching him from not caring about Tu Mo to growing feelings for her. The way he did it was ADORABLE! He respected her boundaries but he can get jealous. haha
There's not much of a plot going on in this drama. Its like a sitcom where you see a life of a couple living together except they start out as "strangers." We see the main leads interact with one another and how they grew close to each other. As well as hanging out with friends, misunderstandings/jealousies, asking advice from friends about love. There's also work related things as well. But overall, nothing tooooo exciting besides the love life of Si Tu Mo and Gu Weiyi. I guess in a way there's nothing that is too memorable for me to fully love this drama aside from the main leads. However, I enjoyed it a lot.
The acting from Fei Xing who plays Si Tu Mo was great! She acted quite well and I love it when she makes her puppy eyes face expression. Gu Wei Yi CANNOT deny that!
The actor who plays Gu WeiYi needs a bit of work. His acting was quite stiff, yeah he's suppose to be awkward but its his acting is just stiff and off to me. Its difficult to explain but it did bother me sometimes when I notice it.
The ending is a happy +1 ending. ;)

I love the transition effects in this drama as well as seeing how Gu Wei Yi does things without the audience knowing initially. It seems to be a trend in cdramas lately. ^^

If you want to watch a campus love story then this is a recommendation for you. If you do not want to watch something that doesn't have much of a plot then its not for you.

The Legend of Dugu
Apr 19, 2018
I was looking forward to the drama every week. It was the only cdrama I kept up with these past few months, I had others that I dropped but this kept me on my toes.
The story revolves around the Dugu Clan, specifically the three sisters: Dugu Banruo (eldest), Dugu Mantuo (second oldest) and Dugu Jialuo (Youngest).

Initially I did not expect much sisterly love between any of the sisters because most sisters in traditional dramas hate each other for no reason. However, Banruo loves the youngest, Jialuo dearly because she practically raised her.It was so touching to see her do anything she can to save her sister. I loved their relationship the most. Banruo is played by one of my top favorite Taiwanese actress, Ady An. She did a WONDERFUL job with her role. Although her role was obsessed with having her "Dugu tian xia" - so obsessed to the point that she's betrays someone quite close to her. Unlike Mantuo, she puts her family safety above all others. Until the end, she knew which side to be on and what really mattered.

Second sister, Mantuo, is the antagonist of this drama. She's VERY VERY VERY annoying. She's also OBSESSED with the Dugu Tian Xia legend but she thinks everyone is against her when really its the other way around. She's willing to betray and back stab (and kill) her family. She fake cries to get her way around and get what she wants. Mantuo may be smart but she doesn't know that everyone else is even smarter and that those people knows who she really is and what she's up to. Yet, she continues to bat her eyelashes as if she's innocent in her wrongdoings. It's hialrious and irritating at the same time. I hate that the actress keeps pouting her lips, its ridiculous. In the end, she was still a pain in the ass. I still can't tell if the actress is good at her role or not because the pouting, baby talking, innocent act were very irritating to me. Like I wanted to slap her. :]

Youngest Jialuo was very carefree and did not let anyone boss her around.. She knows what she wants and its not "Dugu Tian Xia." She, like Banruo, holds her family above anything else. Which means she is willing to follow her father's orders despite protest against marrying ..someone. She and Mantuo is always fighting because Mantuo is a B****. Banruo is always on Jialuo side because she knows how cunning Mantuo is.

Main couple: Jialuo and Yang Jian were very cute once they warmed up to each other. I grew to love them when Yang Jian finally figured out Mantuo was a lying piece of ****..:]

Overall story is all about lies, betrayal, sisterhood, fight for the throne and high ranks in the palace, friendship, family, and love.

Inference Notes
Nov 29, 2017
I really liked the over all plot of this drama. Hou Ming Hao is so adorable, acted pretty well for a youngster. The actor that stood out for me was the one who played Qi Mu. He's the BEST actor in this drama, i just loved the way he acted towards the end.  The actress was hard to watch because of her expressionless face or ...RBF. Her voice was very monotone when she switched "personalities." I understand her expressionless acting when she switched but her voice was equal to her expressions so it was quite hard to watch her. Although, her action scenes were quite fun. I love the CGI effects of the futuristic screens, it felt like a game or a sci-fi anime. I disliked the way they edit some of the scenes and of course the DUB the Chinese dub was so frustrating to listen to. It was worth it though. The intensity and mystery was what got me hooked on  this drama despite my pet peeves towards Chinese dubs. There is no romance  but there were little hints here and there.  I would definitely re-watch it again!

Youth
Apr 10, 2018
If you love stalking a lot, then this is the drama for you!
In all seriousness, the drama was OKAY. Not the best but not terrible either. The stalking became too much as each episode went by. Usually the stalking is done by the females but they do not go as far as the male lead here. The male lead in the dramas literally follows the female lead EVERYWHERE, even places that are meant to be private (he even waited outside a changing room!?) It got annoying. Sometimes he even forces the other characters to tell him what's up when its obvious they did not want to include him, he's also very controlling as well. Yeah, I know he LOVES Yuan Xin but there's a limit to where you can stalk a person and control them as well.
Aside from Simon Lian's terrible character stalking, one of the bullies was quite tame . I like that she changed for the better and how much self-confidence she had.

This drama dragged on for what felt like many many maaaaany episodes even though it was only 24 and I have seen over 40+ episode dramas. Problem with this one is that it was very dragging, because the female lead. Yuan Xin, was very oblivious to Ya Xiu's feelings. I also like how they retell a character's POV when its time for them to tell their friends about some incident. It's a nice editing method(?).

I do love the friendship in this drama, the relatable hardships and sorrows, etc. But I would not rewatch it.

A Little Thing Called First Love
This drama is somewhat relateable aside from the love lines.
First off, its a typical youth C-drama, female lead loves the popular, smart and handsome male lead.
The character development in this drama is great especially with the female lead, Xia Miao Miao. She was initially a timid and shy girl but grew into a brave, confident, and independent girl because of her friends and because of her beloved Liang You Nian.

Liang You Nian is the male lead of the drama. He's your typical c-drama male lead. He's sweet and nice to everyone except those who ticks him off or trying to get with his girl. You can totally see his glare when someone gets too close to Miao Miao. IT WAS ADORABLE! Back to the story at hand, You Nian is someone who sticks to what he wants to do and this trait of his helped Miao Miao switch her major to something that SHE herself really wanted to do from the beginning. That sparked the change in Miao Miao and how hard working she is in achieving her dreams.

The relationship between the two leads started later because Miao Miao had a crush on You Nian since high school and (spoiler alert) Liang You Nian did as well, however he didn't exactly confirm this until later in university. It was cute when they got together, they held hands, hugged, not much kissing but other than that its adorable seeing them together and working together, etc.

The drama also focused on other couples Lin Kai Tuo, You Nian's younger step brother (its funny because the actor playing Kai Tuo is way older than Kuan Lin(actor playing Liang You Nian). XD Kai Tuo was coupled with He Xin (Liang You Nian's cousin.) I call them the temper couple cause they both have anger issues/temper. hhahaha Another character is Wang Yi Chao and same-grade female character I forgot the name of albeit sh initially liked You Nian.

Furthermore, the drama focused on family issues such as Liang You Nian's family. His father married Kai Tuo's mother. For a while this caused a disruption in the friend between Kai Tuo and You Nian. One misses their birth mother, and the other misses their birth father. As said before, this drama mentioned individual choices -such as majors in universities- if your family wants you to take this major, but your hearts wants something else then follow it cause thats what Miao Miao ended up doing.

Lets just say, You Nian influenced a lot of Miao Miao's choices which eventually lead to an argument I thought was pointless. Anyways, You Nian also said Miao Miao inspired him as well in ways that she never knew she could because she thought he's "too high" for her. It just tells us that You Nian doesn't care if you're not the best looking person, its all about the personality and your actions and what you do with it.

The acting in this drama is not amazing. I just want to say Kuan Lin is not an actor even though he technically acted. He just didn't seem natural whatsoever. His expressions are stone cold aside from his smile - which is adorable but other than that his expressions in acting is terrible. Even the crying part was awkward - it had no feeling to me. The female lead who played XIa Miao Miao did an okay, passable job.

Overall, if you like youth dramas dealing with fashion design, architect, drawing, college life, family drama, friendship then this is for you. :)

Love & π
Nov 13, 2018
3 orphans from the countryside dream big of going to Taipei. One ended up being a workaholic to the point of not having time for friends and love ones. Another went off the wrong path and had to find their way back. Final one was too kind, but ended up accommodating to everyone's decisions around them instead of of going after what they really want.

The main couple is cute. It may be odd for some because they were raised as siblings but with no blood relations whatsoever. I really like the backstory to Yuan Man's childhood when she was abandoned and how she was traumatized because of it. Although I can't really relate, i can in a different way which made me root for her happiness in the end.
Hou Zi is my other favorite character, but you'll be in for a very sad ending. Grab tissues because I loved him and Liqing a lot than main couple. They were adorable!
The antagonist of the story is not a very cunning person, just can be annoying because she always drags Yuan Man to help her with her love life. Overall the drama wasn't too dramatic, it can get a bit draggy but its chill. Childhood friends trying to make it big in the city. You get arguments, college- adult life, breakups, trust broken between friends, misunderstandings, business related things, etc.

Painting Heart Expert
Oct 25, 2017
This (web)drama gets to the point really quick from the first episode. It has a ton of actions, so if you love fighting scenes or wuxia/xianxia like myself then I recommend this. The fighting style is really fast, which is what I LOVE about this show so much. The CGI is average - I love Huan's visual effects of her powers - it's very pretty especially with her pen. The only thing that ticks me off is the CGI of the arms, but shouldn't be a surprised when it comes to CGI effects. haha The storyline is interesting  there is a plot twist towards the middle or end. To put it simply, Huan is a Soul Stitcher who help heal those that are filled with bad souls (anger, sadness, resentment, etc.). So basically they seem to be possessed when they have too much of these bad souls, and the only way to be cleaned of it is by Huan's usage of the Soul Stitching pen. Of course any of her clan mates are able to clean them up as well. There's a new patient everyday so it doesn't get boring at all. Problem is the one who plays Ning Wei Yue, Dylan, acting is a bit off and stiff for my liking. His awkward acting was fine in another drama I watched but I don't think it works well in this one. It made me wished they could have cast a different male actor instead of him. The editing of the scenes were quite obvious - it's not smooth.  But you can't expect greatness from a web drama. There's more to the plot than just soul stitching so I suggest watching it if you want to know the plot twist. hehe Overall, it was a nice drama, I would definitely re-watch it if I had the time someday.

The Legend of the Condor Heroes
Feb 5, 2018
This is my first season of Legend of the Condor Heroes. I seen Return of the Condor Heroes back in 2006 or so and Romance of Condor Heroes but never the first season of the series. I must say, I really liked connecting the Guo family with Yang Guo in ROTCH. Its quite fun. haha Surprisingly, Huang Rong is one of the best characters I've seen, she don't need a man to save her but she does do it on purpose just to get her man. However, she still has the skills because she was taught but one of the best martial artists, Meanwhile, Guo Jing is a bit on the slow side, so he can get hurt quite easily since he reacts slow. Huang Rong and Guo Jing travels around to find shifu to teach Guojing some martial arts, etc. Its an overall fun storyline with some interference from villains and the Mongolians. One of the villains is Guo Jing's sworn brother Yang Kang, whose fathers were also sworn brothers. I love the Beggar Clan Chief's crazy brother. haha He's hilarious Huang Rong's father is a Hong Kong actor, it was nice to see him in this version of the series. I love his strong character, quite powerful. Haha Definitely recommend to anyone who is starting out on wuxia dramas, :]

Delicious Destiny
Oct 16, 2017
This drama was awesome! The cast were great, handsome and beautiful!The story is okay - it was a mess because all characters are related somehow and it really was too much in my opinion. Although, most dramas have all characters with relation to one another. So it's normal I guess. As for the antagonist acted really well to the point that I want to slap her and another family member of hers. There was one plot of a illegitimate child, that story was interesting  - I was quite excited for the part where someone was exposed. hahaha. There's a lot of drama in this show so the main couples are on and  off a couple times due to secrets, threats, and bribery. I do not know why I continued with this drama even though it seems cliche. However, it did kept me wanting more and waiting for the next episodes to air. It was that good. Although towards the end it got a bit draggy and it was weird that one of the antagonists got off the hook and all of a sudden became nice. Overall, it was a nice drama. One of my favorites but I wouldn't re-watch it due to all the dramas between family members and rivals, etc. It's too much.

All I Want for Love is You
Nov 4, 2019
This is your typical kind of school related cdrama but with a slight twist of wuxia snippets. The main female lead tend to write about a wuxia fantasy world of her crush and herself and those around her. - All in her diary.
The main story does not revolve around this though. Again, its your typical school idol drama - recycling the smart, no.1 male lead Zuo An and a not academically talented female lead, Xiao Man.

Another thing that makes this drama different from others is Xiao Man can defend herself whether it be verbally or physically. However, when it comes to emotions, she gets tossed around a lot and is gullible to the antagonist's antics.
This drama is easy to watch because the main leads knew who they love and fought hard to be together despite some family and friends' disapproval.

I like the character of Zuo An, he likes Xiao Man for who she is despite her being the total opposite of him. He's very chill and reasonable. He definitely puts Xiao Man first despite what everyone else says. However, the actor playing him wasn't strong. He seemed awkward at times.

Xiao Man's character is strong and sometimes she speaks with her emotions instead of being reasonable (which is usually where Zuo An comes in to help.) Although she's not smart academically, she still managed to become one of the smartest of all "smart male, dumb female leads" dramas I've seen so far. The actress Lu Zhao Hua who plays Xiao Man isn't an amazing actress, however, one of the scenes in the final episode really showcase her potential in acting. I was really surprised by her emotions there.

There are some characters that were very irritable; the characters Su An Ning played by Han Xinyu and Shen Chen Yang played by Xie Zhi Xun. I must say Han XIn yu played Su An Ning very well especially during her psychotic moments. Shen Chen Yang and Su An Ning are both irritiable because they wouldn't stop bugging the main leads and wanting to break them apart. Su An Ning is your typical jealous, female friend while Shen Chen Yang is just that annoying, very irritating, non-stop smiling as if he can get his way kind of character. I did not like Shen Chen Yang's character at all despite he has something that I'm able to relate with. However, I had no sympathy for him because he still plays around and uses it to his advantage. At least, Xiao Man wasn't 100% clueless about his antics.

Story starts from high school, college then short and quick adult life.
Recommend to watch if you like this genre, otherwise skip if you're picky about the acting.

Fall in Love at First Kiss
Mar 28, 2019
We all know the story of Itazura Na Kiss so I'll cut to the chase. For a 2 hour movie, they did their best with the storyline. It was nice, cringey, comedic, and cute!

The actor Wang Da Lu was quite stiff in this movie? It felt like he was a robot when he walked around. Although, his smile will always be the death of me. You could totally see his various expressions of care and love for Xiang Qin just by his actions and face expressions.
Jelly Jin, the main actress did a great job on her role. Yeah, I have nothing more to say about her. She embodied the character well. As somene who watched the drama since the OG Taiwanese version, its nice to see how well Jelly did in her version of it. She seems a lot more braver than the OG.

One thing that I really love about this was that we didn't have to deal with another love rival - even the girl he was suppose to be married to didn't feel like a love rival to me. At least when I look at it from Xiang Qin's point of view. It's like Zhi Shu like Yang Qin all along.
THE ENDING WAS A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! The way he set up those posts all about her while she over here like "Who the hell is this new gf of his?"

Overall, this movie may have similar story to the manga but the adaption is quite refreshing to watch.

The Elfin's Golden Castle
Nov 27, 2018

Recommend to watch!

This web drama has to be one of my top favorite c-dramas of 2018! Its plot is quite deep if you understand the characters. The storyline, the characters, the settings is just really nice. I grew to love all the characters, except for one toxic guy. However, each and every one of the character had major character development especially Qiqi - the main female lead! Her smart and sassy mouth was what kept me watching cause she can be quite hilarious even when she's serious.
One of the aspects that drew me into this drama is that Qiqi has depression which is usually misunderstood by the rude and rebellious behavior. You would think she being rebellious because she's spoiled but in reality she has issues of her own. Qiqi is always alone, she was an orphan but is currently raised by her adopted, rich yet estranged father. You would think she loves to be spoiled because she had everything a girl would want, However, she wasn't happy at all. Loneliness is what she always felt, and it made her very depressed. She didn't trust people because she knows they are temporary thus she didn't have friends. Its because of the lack of parental love from her father, she tries to make a huge noise by always running away from home multiple times or leaves without telling her dad and she tends to act very rude and mean to others.
The drama revolves around Qiqi and how she met her new friends. These friends are the ones she met while running away from home, as usual. In the beginning, she decided to renovated these new friends' bar and house without their permission = basically flaunting her money, etc. You would not like her yet but again her lines are the best in the drama. Within these group of friends came her character development in learning to be friendly, passionate, and finally open up. She found love, she learned to help her friends a lot. Eventually she learned to talk to her dad more and develop a good relationship with him. Of course, not everything went smoothly. It was a bumpy ride.
Enough about the main character. The drama also focused on the main lead/supporting characters' lives as well: the main lead Li Nanyi is a singer of the band. He is a composer; he just had to learn to go after his dream instead of holding on to the past. Another friend is actually really nice to Qiqi whom she opened up to first. There is a couple.. let's just say their relationship was toxic and it was hard to watch the girl keep crying over boy. But of course, there is some development there.
I really recommend this drama, maybe you guys are able to relate to one of the characters, I know I did. It was very touching.