• Last Online: 49 minutes ago
  • Birthday: December 30
  • Join Date: May 5, 2013
The Bad Guys: Reign of Chaos
Oct 31, 2019
The trailer was impressive you would think that the movie has so much adrenaline rush but nah, it was boring, a heavy let down from the drama version. It felt like I wasted my time with this. The actions weren't great, just a typical punch and jump, nothing more. Kim Ah Joong was fine, Ma Dong Seok was good, but Jang Ki Young really needs to improve his acting skills. He is one of the main stars in the movie yet his presence was mostly supporting at best. The whole gang didn't have chemistry and the plot isn't interesting. It's rare for me to rate a movie low but I never really enjoyed this, it was a big disappointment.

Fleet of Time
May 26, 2016
It was beautiful. It was good though I may say Our Times and You Are The Apple Of My Eye are better, nonetheless, the movie keeps me wanting more towards the end.
The acting was great, nothing cringy and both actors played their part so well. Just that thinking about it, I cant really see their in love, yes you know they love each other but maybe, I believe its on Eddie Peng's side. The movie was shot pretty well, It was one of the reasons why I came to like the movie though I feel like it was quite lengthy but it kept me wanting for more and the ending left me hanging.
Of all the movies I mentioned in my comment, this movie has made some tears fall. I don't know but it felt real, those moments of them in the classroom, their friendship and the things that happened throughout the movie. It made me miss high school days, my friends, old friends, and wanting some reunion with them, them memories. That one thing is the strength of this movie, it captured what it meant to fall in love for the first time :)

Touch Your Heart
Mar 30, 2019
A drama with a shallow love story plot, thats it. Noting exciting and encouraging. Its just flat like a food filled with so much sugar and nothing more. Lee Dong Wook is so stoic and doesnt fit the role like he is acting like he doesnt seem to be liking what he is doing from his expression to his clothing/styling to the way he says it sounds so monologue. Yoo In Na hard carries the drama, you will watch it for her. She's improved soo much and her portrayal of an actress/celebrity suits her. But that aside, this drama is just a waste of time. Both this and the drama Romance is a Bonus Book. Though I must say that at least, Romance is a Bonus Book has a background story, something going on with their lives, unlike this just flat out sugary shallow love story thrown with a case that we all know what will happen or how it will turn out just to add flavor to the drama, lol

The Great Battle
Feb 6, 2019
It lacks depth in its story telling and emotions, there seems to be lacking in the movie, its like a food with all ingredients but still taste bland. CG Effects are not that great for a movie. Jo In Sung is great but still Nam Joo Hyuk needs to improve his acting skills, he is not that bad here but his expressions needs a lot of training. Seol Hyun, its my first time seen her act and she was good in here. There were some great moments like almost heart-wrenching but fails for it always felt rushed. Over-all its just a movie to watch if you're bored.
Go Go Squid!
Aug 5, 2019
To be totally honest I am quite embarrassed to say that I liked Go Go Squid in its earlier episodes. I squeezed each time the two leads were on screen. And just like everyone else, I like Li Xian aka Han Shangyan's masculine persona. I was willing to forgive the non-sensical immaturity tone of the show but you know, there will always be a limit when you compromise.

I liked it from episode 1-16. I still continue to adore it episode 17-25 but I began to question myself if I should continue watching it. From episode 26 onwards, I really really feel like dropping the show. It's no fun anymore. I began to get annoyed with the constant flashback of Han Shangyan's backstory, the uninteresting side-characters stories wherein there's just so many of them. And Hu Yi Tian being one of the main leads wasn't given enough screentime (not that I am complaining since I am not his fan, but as a team captain of the group, I think he deserves some spotlight).

The drama was off to a good start but it progresses way too fast. The relationship of the main leads was given to us at a speed of light. They were already gf-bf in just about a few episodes and it felt like they haven't gone into the process, lol. Then Tong Nian's attitude became like a 'stalker' so obsess like a girl madly yet blindly in love with a handsome guy. And Han Shangyan who's still a virgin at the age of 30 is spoiling the girl too much that at times it feels like she is more of her daughter than a girlfriend.

I don't have anything to say in the acting department. Both leads delivered their roles perfectly well especially Yang Zi, she indeed suited for cutesy roles like these however, I find her character here a bit too immature at times.

Also, call me conservative but I don't like the idea of them getting married when the girl is just barely 20y/o. Oh well, it's their choice but still...

Overall, the drama was enjoyable for the first few episodes but dragged down towards the end. I believe it was purposely stretched to accommodate more episodes because as usual "business comes first". Unless you have so much free time, you may end up finishing the entire drama. It's not too bad, I can say mediocre at best. I was able to finish it though I abused the fast-forward and skip button of my laptop.

Kingdom
Oct 23, 2019
It was good but the story and the pacing are quite too simple to be 'epic'. Though I must commend the director of the movie. Its really an ambitious project and they did deliver quite well with the resources they have. The cinematography is great, the CG effects were good and the cast were perfect (minus Kento's somehow forced and cringy acting).

Okay now for the acting part. Kento tried his best, one can really felt the sincerity in his acting, must be the burden of being the main man of this high budgeted movie weights him. However, it usually happens that when an actor tries too hard, it becomes unnatural. And that's what happens with Kento's acting. It is not really that hard to pull off his character though, but since he's been acting those 'prince-ly' type of character for years, the transition becomes quite difficult. Though I know, I know, he will improve. If there's a season 2 for the movie, I hope he can showcase his improvement there.

For Yoshizawa Ryo, gosh that actor is so good. I am not a fan of him so I'm never biased when I say that he has a high commanding screen presence even when he is sharing scenes with Kento. His acting is great and since he has ample screentime in this film, one who is not familiar with the movie and the leads might go into thinking that Ryo is the main lead here. His character is pretty more interesting than Shin.

Also, I hope next time, they will give Masami more lines. The girl is so pretty and badass but her character lacks the opportunity to shine.

Over-all, the film was good. Obviously a second season will be on the works considering the explosive popularity the movie has achieved. Hopefully, they will add more heart to the story and depth to the journey of our leads and battles to make it more epic and outstanding.

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Jul 16, 2019
I liked the Taiwanese version. So when the announcement was made that Japan will be remaking the movie, I was really excited. I didn't know the main actress but I have seen Yamada Yuki act before so I knew this will deliver. Was I right? Yes, but not entirely.

The movie was a total copycat of the original version, from the set-up to the styling. Yamada Yuki was good in his portrayal as the guy who has a childish crush to his classmate. Though Ko Ching Teng still wins in a battle of who is better, still one can tell that Yamada was a good fit for the role. The problem lies with the female lead. She's just blank and bland. She doesn't know how to carry conversations naturally. Her voice and facial expressions are really awkward. You could tell that her visibly awkward acting makes her partner awkward too, it's contagious. Well, she's a rookie, still young, and I believe she will improve with more acting gigs. Also, the chemistry between the two leads isn't there and even the friendship among men wasn't as strong compared to the Taiwanese version. The movie lacked spice, emotions, they were short to every element the original had.

Anyways, despite everything, the movie still made me feel bitter about the ending. They still made me feel the same way as I did when I watch the original version years ago. The regret and heartache, the whys... it's still there. And I guess, that alone will make you check out this version.

My Youth
Jun 30, 2019
This is one of the few dramas out there that went all out with the story (from school-to college-parting-work-meeting again-conflict-then settled with an ending). They have it phased by phased and unlike most dramas wherein conflict ended way too early - most theres like 10 episodes left and conflict ended and they have to fill it up with so many sweet lovey dovey moments, not that it ain't great, but too much sweet can cause diabetes, eeks! This drama has conflict going on that will make you still watch it until the end even though it gets tiring and cliche. I have two main problems with this drama though, the main actress' acting, and the execution of scenes and the way director cue's and cut scenes like you are still absorbing the scene and then baam, cut! If I disliked long pauses of most dramas I watched, then its the polar opposite here and to think most of those sudden cuts are the main leads. And the ending was a bit abrupt. In Love de Foudre, there were too many episodes for me, but in Wait My Youth, they lack the right length.
But I still stick out despite the bad acting and poor execution. The male lead's suits the bad boy yet a soft boyfriend type. He has a screen presence (though him and the female lead dont have that ump chemistry) and definitely one of the reason why I finished the drama aside from the story, yes the story. I love the premise of girl likes another guy and the guy likes the girl a little too late hence, the bestfriend has taken over - I have always been waiting for this kind of story.
8-8.5/10 for me

Waiting For Spring
May 2, 2019
It was an overall feel-good movie, I enjoyed it.

This is what I love with Japanese youth films. They don't stay away from the theme, and just like most of their dramas, their movies are fast-paced, focused yet they don't feel forced.

I simply love the movie because they were able to capture and emphasized the beautiful reasons why "friendship" is all that without losing focus on the cute love story/love triangle. Everyone has great chemistry especially the four boys.

The movie shows me again how nice it is to have this kind of friendship. Watching it made me remind of the friends I had and the moments we share. It was also nice how they were able to add the girl to their clique and they were able to show some real bond among them.

When it comes to the love story, well I didn't technically have a second lead syndrome but I must admit that I was cheering for him (the second male lead Yuta Koseki) and if I were the main girl, I would fall for him for he excels in almost every aspect for me. Plus, I'm not really a fan of the main lead, he slouches at times here and didn't have much chemistry with the main girl and his acting is just so-so.

Also, shout out to Sugino Yosuke here, he stands out even though he is just a supporting actor.

Orange
Jun 12, 2016
I just bumped into this and tried since many people are fully waiting for it. I knew it was a manga from reading the comments but I never have a clue what this movie all about and that makes it even special.

I simply loved it. It made my heart felt heavy all throughout the movie. it was raw, it was great, it was refreshing and they have captured the essence of friendship pretty well. It would be great if they had a drama version following the flow of the movie, it would be greater then. The movie would make you feel how awesome to have good friends beside you, how great it would be to fully understand other people and the fact that its ok to fully open to others. So sad that its only 2 hours and you can only make much with the given time but definitely one of the best manga adaptations I have watched. Now I fully have a grasp what a parallel universe is.

I'm satisfied with the ending but I dont know if I can be fully happy with it. I have mixed emotions really.

In Time With You
May 22, 2013
you will definitely wont regret watching this drama! my top list has been shaken by this drama. you will feel the love, heartaches, depression, happiness, all the smiles, and wanting to have a best friend.

i have seen some posters about this drama awhile back but never paid attention to it since it was a taiwanese drama and never had a good impression in any taiwanese drama except for meteor garden and fated to love you plus the fact that i know taiwanese dramas tend to be very lengthy. then i came accross some sites wherein some users recommended this, then i read the synopsis. it didn't end there since i dont want to waste my time starting a drama and dropping it only after finding its not worth ti (i've been doing that a lot lately). i've explored more and read a couple of comments and reviews on this and then bang!, i said OK, im gonna watch this. i downloaded the 1st 3eps to see. i was smiling and having so many feels on this drama. and i downloaded everything in 1 go. i finished this drama in 1day (1 whole night and 1 day). That's how i feel moved and excited for the feelings of the main characters to evolve.
Li Da Ren's character has become my ideal - guy and friend. really!
the actings of the main character is so real that while watching it, it feels like ts really a true reaction from them, feels like "yes, i would acted that way if it was me", no wonder they have won both the best actor and actress trophy.
the drama is so realistic. you will be touched by the whole story - family bonding, great friendship, career love, forgiveness and moving on.
on the note: this is a taiwanese drama thus its quite lengthy but sure you wont mind it. after awhile, i find a drama worth to keep.

Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi
Mar 26, 2019
Probably I expected so much since I really liked the 1st 3 episodes of the drama. I thought it would be thrilling and exciting talking about how the love progress and bloom in this drama. However I think it felt short and there were lesser cute moments with the leads. They sure have chemistry (at the beginning its sky high) but I dont know that chemistry slowly fades as the drama progresses. And more than the age gap, I find it more disturbing that Yuri-yuri is too skinny for Harumi lol. Anyways, 8/10 for me
Nirvana in Fire
Mar 13, 2019
At last after almost 3yrs, I was able to finish this drama and still, my opinion is the same. Its boring. Its a highly political drama hence I understand that there's less action and more conversations but I didn't sign up for that. I remember I was watching Six Flying Dragons and Nirvana in Fire at the same time and dropped this because SFD though highly political, there are intense scenes and high profile characters that keeps the drama interesting. I picked this up again last month because I want to see why people are highly praising this. Yes, the story is solid, acting may be good, but the plot and execution is boring for me. The ending was expected though sad but unlike most historical cdramas, this one has tied most loose ends. But still, compared to the ones I have watched before with the same genre, I am not moved with this. 6/10 for me.

The Brightest Star in the Sky
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not really a fan of boss-assistant lovers but I gave this a try since I liked both leads.

I was quite surprised that the romance for this drama was slow but that's what I liked about it. You can really see the development of their relationship, there was pacing, progress from being strangers-assistant-manager-friends-mutual understanding-lovers. Through this, their love story resonates more with the audience unlike those dramas with abrupt romances. The slow romance makes the story more realistic.

The drama was good over-all but after episode 30, it becomes draggy. 44 episode is too long though for this kind of story and I fast-forwarded a lot of scenes and went to just focus on the leads story and Tao's progress as a singer, that's how I survived to watch the drama.

And I may add that the songs they used here are all good. I especially liked the song 'Expose' by Tao. You will end up liking the cute moments more because of the background ost. The whole series felt like a biography of Tao's life story as an idol and an advertisement to his musical capabilities.

Anyways, If you liked Tao and a "boss and me" type of drama, you may like this also. The story was written pretty well, the acting was all good (though I sometimes hate the gangsta outfit of Tao and Wu Xian's too simple dresses), the couple was cute and the chemistry was on point.

I Don't Love You Yet
Sep 21, 2019
This took me some time to finish. I was liking the first few episodes but got a bit tired halfway.. I have seen the original Taiwanese version #InTimeWithYou and I knew how things will turn out but I always give chances to remakes. Remaking a classic, outstanding drama could be nerve-wracking both to the artists and to the audience who loved the original version. I myself was particularly nervous at the same time excited with this Japanese version since knowing Japan, they less likely disappoint you than Korean in terms of remakes. And indeed, their version stood their ground.

It was a solid remake/drama over-all. They have followed closely the original version, unlike the Korean remake who made their own take to the story and ended up a disaster. The actors played their part really well. Though I must say that their interactions here show us that they're more than lovers than friends which I find a bit awkward to watch. In the Taiwanese, their relationship was really like those of a close friend with a clear boundary. Here, I feel like there's none. Maybe it is in the execution? And that's why I can't root for Ren the way I did for Li Da Ren.

The show for me lacked some emotional aspect compared to the original one. The highschool background story was kinda shallow and it didn't much show that Ren has a life/friends outside other than being with his family and Yo. The original version has showed family side stories which the Japanese lacked. The show is a 16-episode drama (kinda rare for a Jdrama) but the ending didn't show much sweet moments and relationship progress of the main leads. If you have ever watched the Taiwanese version, you will know why many were saying that it had one of the most satisfying endings ever. They almost dedicated 1 whole episode for the otp - from their friends to lovers to being a married couple to fighting over their principles to their daily lives as husband and wife. Maybe it has to do more of their culture? Taiwanese have a more bold approach than this Japanese remake.

BTW, I liked Adachi Rika's portrayal here. Her smile and her acting is just so sweet. Guess they were really aiming for a tamer version here since, with the Taiwanese version, Cheng You Ching was more of the aggressive and arrogant type - very typical of a LEO.

If you haven't watched the other versions of the drama, most probably, you will like this one. Though honestly, if you are a girl, you will really want to have a guy best friend if you watch the Taiwanese version than this.