GrnGrnTmt
Mar 14, 2017
My first Thai drama and it was FANTASTIC! Personally, I think the acting really made the difference for me. The chemistry between the leading couple (Mark Prin and Yaya) was off the charts! Yaya was great at the emotional scenes, not just the crying but the ability to really project the emotions. It was captivating. As for Mark Prin, he is great at the subtle facial expressions. The attention is in the read more details and he nailed the subtle emotions each time. As a viewer you definitely get more invested in the characters and the story if the actors are able to elevate the story and the depth of the characters. They both did it for me. The story itself could be deemed somewhat cliched but what made it was the nuanced attention by the actors and the director. The conflicts, the emotional complications, the internal struggles all seemed very realistic and understandable. Each episode wasn't drawn out without reason, each had a purpose for adding to the layers of emotional complexity and the turmoil the characters were feeling. I LOVED it. I usually watch K-Dramas and Taiwanese or Chinese dramas but I have to say, this drama really impressed me and blew my perception of Thai dramas out of the water. I will be watching a lot more Thai dramas and now, I'm a huge Yaya and Mark Prin fan! Oh yes, a shout out to P'Suki - Jee's gay manager in the drama. He is arguably the best gay side kick I've seen in any drama! AWESOME!!!
NaijaLuv_88
Mar 16, 2017
I have been watching lakorns since last year and even longer have watched various of other Asian dramas for seven years now that I easily lose interest because either the plot, characters, or the overall storyline makes no sense or changes within the middle. The same cannot be said of this drama, from beginning to end the storyline, characters, and plot has always been consistent. I didn't know much of Yaya or read more Prin before heading into this drama, but afterwards they have made a huge impact when it comes to further lakorns in the future.

The story is like Secret (kdrama), if anyone ever watched it, and although Secret has been one of my favorite dramas when it comes to revenge/hate turning into love and obsession, this lakorn has beaten it out of the water due to the main characters but more so to Yaya's potrayal of Jeerawat or Jee.

Very Simple, Jee is a major nangek/celebrity who despite all the fame and status lives her life constantly in the rumor mill potrayed as a whore and slut who snatches up people husbands. In reality, she is anything but and instead is just a woman or rather a girl who just wants love, mainly from her mother that she continuously protects at the cost of her own self-respect. While Satit is a young lawyer who is deeply in love with his fiance Tiw, all for justice and the fight for the underdog and the little man. Unlike in the synopsis, Jee is NOT an alcoholic and instead is lusted after by her stepfather and is heavily drugged (IM style in the arm) and in her pursuit to run away from her eventual rape innocently hit and run over Satit's fiance Tiw. Instead of actually running, Jee tries to express her apologies and own up to her mistake, however, the people around her refuses for her to do so and instead her assistant takes the fall while she lives her life in a constant cycle of regret, guilt, remorse, and horror for the fact she cannot pay for the crime that she caused.

Satit, however, doesn't believe what is released to the public and is in hot pursuit to punish Jee for his fiance's death which leads to his obsession. Eventually constant interactions, fighting/arguments, and slowly seeing the inner truth of who Jee really is makes him falls in love with her. But at the same time, he struggles with the reality that he might be falling for the very woman who killed the love of his life and is constantly struggling to battle his own feelings.

Of course there are two other couples but in reality it became such a nuisance (really in Piak and Chaiyan's case) but they only at times help the main draw closer and own up to their feelings.

Acting/Cast:
If I didn't state it earlier, this show was amazing not from the story itself alone, but from the flawless potrayal from the main characters and the amazing chemistry between Jee and Satit. Although Prin was amazing showing Satit as someone obsessed, I have to give the full recognition to Yaya for such an amazing job as Jee.

Yaya: have never seen her before, never knew her before, or etc...but my GODDDD!!!!! She was simply amazing as Jeerawat. She potrayed the hard as nails, aloof, bitch that everyone saw her but at the same time show the vulnerabilities of a young woman (more so girl in my opinion) that just wanted love. Love from her mother and those around her that were actually genuine. At times female leads that just cry nonstop would be annoying and ridiculous but you knew Jee was crying was because she built such a icy facade for the world that when it came to herself, her manager Suki, and her best friend Dao, that was the only time she could really be herself and let it out. Each time, each time, Yaya did such an amazing job showing the emotions of someone lost, tired, hopeful, yearning, and just wanting someone to just love her for herself. Although as the audience battled with the decisions she made at times Yaya did such a seamless job in showing someone fighting with herself and inner desires, wants, and needs. She was not a Candy female lead or someone so darn evil you wonder if she was REALLY a lead female. Rather she was human. She was realistic. She came from a broken home, her mother and her struggled and suffered for everything they got, and even then she wouldn't show others her true self. she was tough as nails and at the same time vulnerable. She was as real as you are gonna get if you want a realistic female lead that is not sugarcoated but is not always wearing a smile despite all the crap life hands to her.

Piak: a insecure housewife now producer/director who constantly suspects her husband Chaiyan is sleeping with his female actresses (nangek) and more specifically, thinks he is sleeping with Jee. Her (adopted) brother is Satit.

Chaiyan: is best friends with Jee, rather shares a brother/sister relationship to Jee that is constantly misconstrued to his wife and the media as an affair.

Dao: Jee's best friend with Jee and is in love with Jate

Jate: confused and playing both fields. In love with Jee but attracted to Dao.

Rewatch Value, Overall:

I would watch this show again at least a few months from now to completely forget the story-line (which i doubt) as this show is just so darn intriguing, and not so predictable compared to most dramas. As i stated before this show has two other couples and to me were either annoying at times or just so unbelievable, but they don't ruin the story. This lakorn is sooooooo enjoyable, intriguing, and unpredictable. Highly recommend to watch, and watch, watch, and then watch some more.
PRincess
May 17, 2017
What can i say?? This is my second thai drama and I fell in love with it. The story is similar to Secret (Kdrama). But all I have to say is that whatever you are watching right now STOP and start watching this right away. Out of all the Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas i have seen, Jee is the strongest, best, most intelligent female character I have seen. She overshadows everything read more about this drama. I literally had a female crush on her lol. Her acting was the best. The writers really developed a great character and Yaya did full justice to it. I am sure other reviews have mentioned this but watch this show just for Yaya. I have never like a female character so much. Other than that the story itself was amazing. The only parts i skipped were of the other couples which thankfully weren't that much haha....But seriously.....GO WATCH THIS LAKRON NOW LOL!!!!!!!!
Jeana
Kleun Cheewit is basically a mixture of everything you hate combined into something you'll like. My experience with lakorns is pretty sour, if I'm being honest. The last Thai Drama I watched was Full House and to say I disliked it would be an understatement. So granted, I wasn't expecting much from Kleun Cheewit and unsurprisingly in many ways it did live up to the low expectations.

This lakorn is filled with read more over dramatic and almost insincere portrayal of characters. It's loud, in your face, try hard and almost obnoxious in its production. In short, it's like a bad action movie. With exaggerated expressions, corny dialogues and intense music- Kleun Cheewit lacks the simplicity that comes with being subtle. Almost all of the females in the drama are insecure, jealous and backstabbing bitches who are unfortunately, complemented with their chauvinistic dick-headed male counterparts. However, like some classic soap operas it is highly addictive. It is that ball of slime that you keeping rolling between your fingers no matter how squeamish the feeling.
Once you start it, it's really hard to stop watching for it is a fast paced drama with never a calm moment and all kinds of bombs exploding everywhere.

Ultimately however, there was one woman who singlehandedly carried this show on her back and that is: Sperbund Urassaya.
Yaya is stunningly beautiful and at times, I was simply mesmerized by her. I was hopelessly in love with her outfits, hair and makeup and her toned af gym bod made me want to start working out asap. Being a heterosexual, cis straight girl who's most definitely into men, I feel no shame in saying that I had a massive crush on her. However, her visual beauty would've amount to nothing if she didn't had the talent to back it up. And talent she had. Loads of it. Yaya's portrayal of Jeerawat was the most genuine one in the show; she seemed to be completely natural and in her element which was what made Jee such a likable character.

Jeerawat is a strong and brave woman who's not afraid to speak her mind. And if she has to cut up some next hoes, bitch slap some jealous bitches, throw remote controls at ugly foreheads and knee assholes in the groin to get her point across; so be it. She never backs away from a fight and she's tough as nails. At the same time, she is desperate for love, extremely self-sacrificing, at times vulnerable and someone who is genuinely kind. Surrounded by people who constantly take advantage of her and want to downplay her success, Jeerawat stands tall in her branded shoes and billion dollar dresses. I loved her so much, that even the fact that her waterworks started every five minutes in every episode couldn't lessen it. 'Cause only Jeerawat could make the highly irritating runny nose, pitiful 'woe is me' look work.

The only other character I loved in the show was P'Sukki; Jeerawat's very gay, very fierce manager slash best friend. He always has her back, is with her in her worst moments and he knows how to put twats in their rightful place. He's a completely Diva, way too extra and melodramatic but there ain't no messing with him cause rest assured, no matter what the case P'Sukki always has the last laugh.

Now let's talk about our Male Lead. Is it just me or is he just so 'slap-able'? He made me feel sheer violence and I think I spent the entirety of the show cussing him out. For a lawyer he sure is good at breaking the law. He constantly gets into fist fights, waves around revolvers like they're lollipops, sexually harasses and physically assaults women and at the end of it all, still has the gall to act all self-righteous and holier than thou. Like bitch please.

I get that Mark Prin was supposed to play this brooding bad boy but with his chubby cheeks and midget height all he managed to do was look nasty. Again, as an ordinary person I could somewhat understand his reasons. When we lose someone, we are angry at the world and we want someone to take the blame but Sathit wasn't any other person. He was a lawyer; someone who knows that there are a million different reasons and circumstances behind apparent crimes and for him to go to such lengths to destroy an innocent woman's life and drag out his single minded revenge was just plain ridiculous. And even though Jee makes him work for it and grovel towards the end, I still feel that his atonement wasn't half as much as his sins. I was fully rooting for Jeerawat to dump his bratty ass and fly away but oh well, she was a tad too forgiving for my taste.

One thing that Thai Dramas do best is the OTP chemistry. Even though, I didn't like the hero I couldn't deny that the sexual tension between them both was almost tangible. Lakorns know how to do skinship right and the interactions between couples definitely give you the feels. On a side note tho, I did feel that the concept of personal space was kind of alien in Kleun Cheewit. Even people who weren't love interests sure knew how to be intimate. lol

The rest of the characters were pretty one-dimensional, doing the same bullshit over and over again and never getting tired. The soundtrack wasn't to my taste, the direction was less than mediocre and I wouldn't be watching this show again. However, I would most definitely be watching more of Urassaya.

So if you have a lot of free time on your hand (one episode is 2 hours) and you wanna waste it by indulging in petty drama, lots of backstabbing and some ovary-exploding scenes then be sure to watch Kleun Cheewit.

Enjoy!
nabila aninditya
Mar 17, 2017
OMG, i can't breath because of this thai drama, i love both of them (Mark and Yaya) since 2011!!!
the lead actor and actress are so freakin awesome, i hope i can watch them together as a couple in other lakorn !! i hope so 1000 %
Kiromenanz
Apr 8, 2017
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

First things first - this isn't usually my genre of drama. I'm more the romantic comedy type rather than the slap/kiss one, and I've been avoiding lakorns like this because I know that they might be extremely lenient with things that I consider unforgivable (such as rape, mainly). That said, if you're sensitive to male leads dragging around female leads, physically overpowering them at times and both sides joking about read more rape, head in the other direction (or be very careful when you proceed). But still for some reason I enjoyed this show immensely.

ACTING

The best aspect of this show is Yaya, hands down. Other reviews will have told you this, but I'll repeat it – She's absolutely brilliant. She shines. Her acting is incredible, the character of Jee both tough and sensitive, extremely likeable despite giving back as good as she gets. I would happily spend hours watching Yaya act out Jee even if the rest of the show hadn't been as good. She had me rooting for her within the first ten minutes. Also, she's absolutely stunning, she took my breath away almost every time she appeared on screen.

Prin does his job well, too, but I'll be honest – Yaya captured my attention in their scenes more than he did. But for fans of him I can definitely say his performance is worthwile, and you won't regret watching this. His character is annoying to me at times, being extremely stubborn and with an infuriating tendency for black/white thinking and casting out female lead as The Worst Person Ever. (But I guess that's kind of the point ^^).

Everyone else also did their job very well. I'll say it one last time, though – Yaya took the cake. I might rate everyone's acting a solid 8, but Yaya's get's a 10++++ with a gold star on top.

STORY

The summary tells you most of it – due to her stepfather drugging her, Jee accidentally runs over and kills Thit's fiancé Tiw. He then proceeds to hate her, throw the same ridiculous accusations at her every time they meet for the first third of the show. He overhears an incredible amount of her private conversations, never failing to misunderstand every single aspect of them to make her seem even worse. Meanwhile Jee does her best to deal with the fact that there's a handful of horrid people throwing every stone in her way they can think of.

What carried the story for me was my love for Jee, all I wanted was for people to see how damn amazing she was. The twists aren't that unexpected, but they are shocking. The whole thing reminded me very much of a Mexican telenovela I once watched – all the drama, intrigue and misunderstandings.

But don't get me wrong – I absolutely loved it. There's many sweet, funny moments to carry you through the sad/dramatic/infuriating bits. You'll love to hate the antagonists as well as the male lead at times, but it's so worth it. There are parts I skipped – especially Chaiyan's side story gets repetitive at times, and Thit's hate for Jee almost began to bore me when he finally started to see sense.

About Thit and Jee – their relationship seems natural, though personally I looked back at some point and went "wait, why exactly am I shipping this?". They have lots of long, meaningful looks and they can be wonderfully gentle and careful with each other. At the same time, you'll see a lot of anger and hate getting in their way, and they do get physical with each other, and not just in the happy way (most of it on Thit's side of things). Still, I adore the two of them together.

P'Suki and Dao are the best friends one could wish for, and especially Suki made my heart melt multiple times with his unconditional love for Jee. Tbh, I'd recommend this show for the two of them :)

One con to this – if you get angry when people just won't explain themselves, this will make you angry. Yes, they get angry and try to justify themselves, but nine times out of ten they won't come out and just say "I didn't do that!". It had me screaming at the screen in frustration.

MUSIC

Repetitive and overly dramatic at times. At the end, whenever the dramatic music began I caught myself groaning and going "what is it THIS time", but the rest of it is cute.

REWATCH VALUE

I might come back to this, to be honest, mainly for Jee and her relationships with people. It's a very moving show with lots of good actors and an engaging plot, even though there's so many hospital scenes that I lost count.
AshMendy
As usual, Yaya & Mark did a great job! Been a fan with these two together with their other love teams but never have I thought that they will also have a great chemistry!! Watching their scenes together made me smile and say "The one you hate is the one you really love." :) Hope they will have another lakorn together in the future.

The story for me was kinda new, with read more twists that leaves you surprised and excited for the next scenes to follow. It's not the usual Thai drama story and I really like it.
Yaya's acting was superb! Even when she was still starting out, she could already act but in here her acting skills not only improved as well as the way she handled herself that made her stand out in this lakorn. Yayas' acting during emotional scenes was very natural. Crying for her in front of a camera feels like so easy.
For Mark, I was quite impressed. His acting has also improved. Back then, he had a hard time crying in emotional scenes but here he did it so well and to think he had to do it for lots of times in this lakorn.
For the supporting casts, I couldn't asked for someone better to portray their roles especially Joonkiat Jarinporn as Piak! She's so good in her role that you will surely hate her!!! I think Chaiyan's too good for her!

This is a must watch Thai drama! You should really watch this now :)

P.S. Who else skips Piak's tantrum scenes?? :D
Brownie
Jul 11, 2017
This is my first super long lakorn! Most dramas I watch are no longer than 1 hour. When I first started watching episode one I'm not gonna lie it took me 2 nights to finish because I felt it was a bit slow and extremely dragging like "what the heck can be going on for 1 hour 50 mins" lol. By the time the first episode ended I was hooked. It was read more a story I'd never come across before so I was quite intrigued by where the storyline would end up going. The main leads were absolutely amazing, their chemistry was amazing. Unfortunately there had to be annoying characters but this one took the bloody biscuit. At times I felt like and did forward but not much. I loved watching them film scenes from their own lakorn which did feel a tiny bit weird but I adjusted.
AsmaMohammadi
Apr 26, 2017
I Love this drama and it was amazing. Love story between Khun Sathit and Jeerawat was very, very,very very nice :)
Shanee E
Apr 4, 2017
I love this lakorn....Yaya played this one very well...she is spreading her wings on her character and acting skills...I was very shocked to see her in Ep. 12...she just let go...I didn't think she had it in her (i bet Nadech says the same..lol) but she is growing in her acting and parts...very good.
len carandang
Mar 24, 2017
This is my second thai drama that I've watched. I really really really love it than the first. Though the plot is really heavy but they made it in a much lighter way. I was really touched by Jee. I like the chemistry between Mark and Yaya they are really adorable. I hope more lakorns for Mark and Yaya together
makeuptemple
May 22, 2017
This was my second lakom, My first one was the Parent story, I decided to watch that one before watching this. I love the actors, how they pass the emotions to the us audience.

The Chemistry between the two leads, Mark Prin & Yaya wooww amazing. It was not like they were acting but they were living it. As I said above the actors were really great at passing the emotions to read more us. I loved how they fall in love and how their love developed.

To be honest I was always biased at Thai dramas, I thought they'd be like Indian dramas but not at all, I generally watch Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas so this was new for me although it was my 2nd.

First thing you notice on Thai dramas is the makeup, while it is really natural on K-C-TW dramas, the make on Thai dramas is like watching American - Brazilian daily soap operas.

Now I'm a great fan of Yaya and Mark Prin!!

We shouldn't forget about Jee's gay manager P'Suki, he's one of the most colourful characters in the drama. :D

The plot is very very similar to The Secret Korean Drama Ji Sung was leading. He ( Satit) was trying to take revenge on the woman ( Jee) who caused his fiance's death and eventually fell in love with her.

As I understood lakoms are famous for the rape. There's no rape in this drama I mean he did not force her to sleep with him, he only use the words and she go over him and with all the mixed emotions they have been having for each other it caused a blast and they spend the night together.

She falls pregnant but hides it from him, he learns it much later, he asks her to marry, she refuses, and she goes hides somewhere, he asks to her friends, they don't share it with him, her mother gives him a box she made pottery which was posted to her mother, in a way her mother told him indirectly, he finds her and does his best until she forgives him, those scenes were really cute.

It's not also the main couple which makes this drama lovely, it's the 2nd and 3rd leads story makes it also great.

Here are the additional couples

Piak: a insecure desperate housewife now producer of her father's company where her husband works as a director, she constantly suspects that her husband is sleeping with his female Jee.

Her cousin she calls him brother is Satit.( the main guy)

Chaiyan is the best friend of Jee, he's married to Piak

Dao: Jee's best friend with Jee and is in love with Jate

Jate: confused and playing both he thinks he loves Jee but actually he's in love with Dao

P'iak : Jee's gay manager

It has definately a rewatch value and I hope K-C-TW will make one too :D

There's Le Jun Kai a Chinese drama full of misunderstandings and cruelty but the finale is not as sweet as this one.
Kleun Cheewit

Channel 3
  • Duration:

1 hr. 50 min.

• Score:

8.7 (scored by 675 users)
  • Ranked: