GrnGrnTmt
Mar 14, 2017
My first Thai drama and it was FANTASTIC! Personally, I think the acting really made the difference for me. The chemistry between the leading couple (Mark Prin and Yaya) was off the charts! Yaya was great at the emotional scenes, not just the crying but the ability to really project the emotions. It was captivating. As for Mark Prin, he is great at the subtle facial expressions. The attention is in the read more details and he nailed the subtle emotions each time. As a viewer you definitely get more invested in the characters and the story if the actors are able to elevate the story and the depth of the characters. They both did it for me. The story itself could be deemed somewhat cliched but what made it was the nuanced attention by the actors and the director. The conflicts, the emotional complications, the internal struggles all seemed very realistic and understandable. Each episode wasn't drawn out without reason, each had a purpose for adding to the layers of emotional complexity and the turmoil the characters were feeling. I LOVED it. I usually watch K-Dramas and Taiwanese or Chinese dramas but I have to say, this drama really impressed me and blew my perception of Thai dramas out of the water. I will be watching a lot more Thai dramas and now, I'm a huge Yaya and Mark Prin fan! Oh yes, a shout out to P'Suki - Jee's gay manager in the drama. He is arguably the best gay side kick I've seen in any drama! AWESOME!!!
NaijaLuv_88
Mar 16, 2017
I have been watching lakorns since last year and even longer have watched various of other Asian dramas for seven years now that I easily lose interest because either the plot, characters, or the overall storyline makes no sense or changes within the middle. The same cannot be said of this drama, from beginning to end the storyline, characters, and plot has always been consistent. I didn't know much of Yaya or read more Prin before heading into this drama, but afterwards they have made a huge impact when it comes to further lakorns in the future.

The story is like Secret (kdrama), if anyone ever watched it, and although Secret has been one of my favorite dramas when it comes to revenge/hate turning into love and obsession, this lakorn has beaten it out of the water due to the main characters but more so to Yaya's potrayal of Jeerawat or Jee.

Very Simple, Jee is a major nangek/celebrity who despite all the fame and status lives her life constantly in the rumor mill potrayed as a whore and slut who snatches up people husbands. In reality, she is anything but and instead is just a woman or rather a girl who just wants love, mainly from her mother that she continuously protects at the cost of her own self-respect. While Satit is a young lawyer who is deeply in love with his fiance Tiw, all for justice and the fight for the underdog and the little man. Unlike in the synopsis, Jee is NOT an alcoholic and instead is lusted after by her stepfather and is heavily drugged (IM style in the arm) and in her pursuit to run away from her eventual rape innocently hit and run over Satit's fiance Tiw. Instead of actually running, Jee tries to express her apologies and own up to her mistake, however, the people around her refuses for her to do so and instead her assistant takes the fall while she lives her life in a constant cycle of regret, guilt, remorse, and horror for the fact she cannot pay for the crime that she caused.

Satit, however, doesn't believe what is released to the public and is in hot pursuit to punish Jee for his fiance's death which leads to his obsession. Eventually constant interactions, fighting/arguments, and slowly seeing the inner truth of who Jee really is makes him falls in love with her. But at the same time, he struggles with the reality that he might be falling for the very woman who killed the love of his life and is constantly struggling to battle his own feelings.

Of course there are two other couples but in reality it became such a nuisance (really in Piak and Chaiyan's case) but they only at times help the main draw closer and own up to their feelings.

Acting/Cast:
If I didn't state it earlier, this show was amazing not from the story itself alone, but from the flawless potrayal from the main characters and the amazing chemistry between Jee and Satit. Although Prin was amazing showing Satit as someone obsessed, I have to give the full recognition to Yaya for such an amazing job as Jee.

Yaya: have never seen her before, never knew her before, or etc...but my GODDDD!!!!! She was simply amazing as Jeerawat. She potrayed the hard as nails, aloof, bitch that everyone saw her but at the same time show the vulnerabilities of a young woman (more so girl in my opinion) that just wanted love. Love from her mother and those around her that were actually genuine. At times female leads that just cry nonstop would be annoying and ridiculous but you knew Jee was crying was because she built such a icy facade for the world that when it came to herself, her manager Suki, and her best friend Dao, that was the only time she could really be herself and let it out. Each time, each time, Yaya did such an amazing job showing the emotions of someone lost, tired, hopeful, yearning, and just wanting someone to just love her for herself. Although as the audience battled with the decisions she made at times Yaya did such a seamless job in showing someone fighting with herself and inner desires, wants, and needs. She was not a Candy female lead or someone so darn evil you wonder if she was REALLY a lead female. Rather she was human. She was realistic. She came from a broken home, her mother and her struggled and suffered for everything they got, and even then she wouldn't show others her true self. she was tough as nails and at the same time vulnerable. She was as real as you are gonna get if you want a realistic female lead that is not sugarcoated but is not always wearing a smile despite all the crap life hands to her.

Piak: a insecure housewife now producer/director who constantly suspects her husband Chaiyan is sleeping with his female actresses (nangek) and more specifically, thinks he is sleeping with Jee. Her (adopted) brother is Satit.

Chaiyan: is best friends with Jee, rather shares a brother/sister relationship to Jee that is constantly misconstrued to his wife and the media as an affair.

Dao: Jee's best friend with Jee and is in love with Jate

Jate: confused and playing both fields. In love with Jee but attracted to Dao.

Rewatch Value, Overall:

I would watch this show again at least a few months from now to completely forget the story-line (which i doubt) as this show is just so darn intriguing, and not so predictable compared to most dramas. As i stated before this show has two other couples and to me were either annoying at times or just so unbelievable, but they don't ruin the story. This lakorn is sooooooo enjoyable, intriguing, and unpredictable. Highly recommend to watch, and watch, watch, and then watch some more.
PRincess
May 17, 2017
What can i say?? This is my second thai drama and I fell in love with it. The story is similar to Secret (Kdrama). But all I have to say is that whatever you are watching right now STOP and start watching this right away. Out of all the Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas i have seen, Jee is the strongest, best, most intelligent female character I have seen. She overshadows everything read more about this drama. I literally had a female crush on her lol. Her acting was the best. The writers really developed a great character and Yaya did full justice to it. I am sure other reviews have mentioned this but watch this show just for Yaya. I have never like a female character so much. Other than that the story itself was amazing. The only parts i skipped were of the other couples which thankfully weren't that much haha....But seriously.....GO WATCH THIS LAKRON NOW LOL!!!!!!!!
nabila aninditya
Mar 17, 2017
OMG, i can't breath because of this thai drama, i love both of them (Mark and Yaya) since 2011!!!
the lead actor and actress are so freakin awesome, i hope i can watch them together as a couple in other lakorn !! i hope so 1000 %
Kiromenanz
Apr 8, 2017
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

First things first - this isn't usually my genre of drama. I'm more the romantic comedy type rather than the slap/kiss one, and I've been avoiding lakorns like this because I know that they might be extremely lenient with things that I consider unforgivable (such as rape, mainly). That said, if you're sensitive to male leads dragging around female leads, physically overpowering them at times and both sides joking about read more rape, head in the other direction (or be very careful when you proceed). But still for some reason I enjoyed this show immensely.

ACTING

The best aspect of this show is Yaya, hands down. Other reviews will have told you this, but I'll repeat it – She's absolutely brilliant. She shines. Her acting is incredible, the character of Jee both tough and sensitive, extremely likeable despite giving back as good as she gets. I would happily spend hours watching Yaya act out Jee even if the rest of the show hadn't been as good. She had me rooting for her within the first ten minutes. Also, she's absolutely stunning, she took my breath away almost every time she appeared on screen.

Prin does his job well, too, but I'll be honest – Yaya captured my attention in their scenes more than he did. But for fans of him I can definitely say his performance is worthwile, and you won't regret watching this. His character is annoying to me at times, being extremely stubborn and with an infuriating tendency for black/white thinking and casting out female lead as The Worst Person Ever. (But I guess that's kind of the point ^^).

Everyone else also did their job very well. I'll say it one last time, though – Yaya took the cake. I might rate everyone's acting a solid 8, but Yaya's get's a 10++++ with a gold star on top.

STORY

The summary tells you most of it – due to her stepfather drugging her, Jee accidentally runs over and kills Thit's fiancé Tiw. He then proceeds to hate her, throw the same ridiculous accusations at her every time they meet for the first third of the show. He overhears an incredible amount of her private conversations, never failing to misunderstand every single aspect of them to make her seem even worse. Meanwhile Jee does her best to deal with the fact that there's a handful of horrid people throwing every stone in her way they can think of.

What carried the story for me was my love for Jee, all I wanted was for people to see how damn amazing she was. The twists aren't that unexpected, but they are shocking. The whole thing reminded me very much of a Mexican telenovela I once watched – all the drama, intrigue and misunderstandings.

But don't get me wrong – I absolutely loved it. There's many sweet, funny moments to carry you through the sad/dramatic/infuriating bits. You'll love to hate the antagonists as well as the male lead at times, but it's so worth it. There are parts I skipped – especially Chaiyan's side story gets repetitive at times, and Thit's hate for Jee almost began to bore me when he finally started to see sense.

About Thit and Jee – their relationship seems natural, though personally I looked back at some point and went "wait, why exactly am I shipping this?". They have lots of long, meaningful looks and they can be wonderfully gentle and careful with each other. At the same time, you'll see a lot of anger and hate getting in their way, and they do get physical with each other, and not just in the happy way (most of it on Thit's side of things). Still, I adore the two of them together.

P'Suki and Dao are the best friends one could wish for, and especially Suki made my heart melt multiple times with his unconditional love for Jee. Tbh, I'd recommend this show for the two of them :)

One con to this – if you get angry when people just won't explain themselves, this will make you angry. Yes, they get angry and try to justify themselves, but nine times out of ten they won't come out and just say "I didn't do that!". It had me screaming at the screen in frustration.

MUSIC

Repetitive and overly dramatic at times. At the end, whenever the dramatic music began I caught myself groaning and going "what is it THIS time", but the rest of it is cute.

REWATCH VALUE

I might come back to this, to be honest, mainly for Jee and her relationships with people. It's a very moving show with lots of good actors and an engaging plot, even though there's so many hospital scenes that I lost count.
AsmaMohammadi
Apr 26, 2017
I Love this drama and it was amazing. Love story between Khun Sathit and Jeerawat was very, very,very very nice :)
Shanee E
Apr 4, 2017
I love this lakorn....Yaya played this one very well...she is spreading her wings on her character and acting skills...I was very shocked to see her in Ep. 12...she just let go...I didn't think she had it in her (i bet Nadech says the same..lol) but she is growing in her acting and parts...very good.
len carandang
Mar 24, 2017
This is my second thai drama that I've watched. I really really really love it than the first. Though the plot is really heavy but they made it in a much lighter way. I was really touched by Jee. I like the chemistry between Mark and Yaya they are really adorable. I hope more lakorns for Mark and Yaya together
Airtox
I was hesitant at first to watch this movie but in the end I saw the comments and the ratings so I had to watch it too. The story was good. I've watched some lakorns and this is definitely one of those unforgettable and must-watch-again thinggy. The twist and secrets between characters added up to the value and creativity of the story. The actors were great. I noticed Thai actors don't usually read more kiss a lot unlike in some other Asian dramas but I am assuming that it's probably because of their conservative culture.

As I was saying, the actors were good and also the chemistry between Yaya and Mark was also great. In fact I became a fan of them already. I hope they make another tandem because I'd definitely watch it.
Karlie
Apr 4, 2017
Everything is perfect in this drama. Yaya is gorgeous????????????
makeuptemple
May 22, 2017
This was my second lakom, My first one was the Parent story, I decided to watch that one before watching this. I love the actors, how they pass the emotions to the us audience.

The Chemistry between the two leads, Mark Prin & Yaya wooww amazing. It was not like they were acting but they were living it. As I said above the actors were really great at passing the emotions to read more us. I loved how they fall in love and how their love developed.

To be honest I was always biased at Thai dramas, I thought they'd be like Indian dramas but not at all, I generally watch Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas so this was new for me although it was my 2nd.

First thing you notice on Thai dramas is the makeup, while it is really natural on K-C-TW dramas, the make on Thai dramas is like watching American - Brazilian daily soap operas.

Now I'm a great fan of Yaya and Mark Prin!!

We shouldn't forget about Jee's gay manager P'Suki, he's one of the most colourful characters in the drama. :D

The plot is very very similar to The Secret Korean Drama Ji Sung was leading. He ( Satit) was trying to take revenge on the woman ( Jee) who caused his fiance's death and eventually fell in love with her.

As I understood lakoms are famous for the rape. There's no rape in this drama I mean he did not force her to sleep with him, he only use the words and she go over him and with all the mixed emotions they have been having for each other it caused a blast and they spend the night together.

She falls pregnant but hides it from him, he learns it much later, he asks her to marry, she refuses, and she goes hides somewhere, he asks to her friends, they don't share it with him, her mother gives him a box she made pottery which was posted to her mother, in a way her mother told him indirectly, he finds her and does his best until she forgives him, those scenes were really cute.

It's not also the main couple which makes this drama lovely, it's the 2nd and 3rd leads story makes it also great.

Here are the additional couples

Piak: a insecure desperate housewife now producer of her father's company where her husband works as a director, she constantly suspects that her husband is sleeping with his female Jee.

Her cousin she calls him brother is Satit.( the main guy)

Chaiyan is the best friend of Jee, he's married to Piak

Dao: Jee's best friend with Jee and is in love with Jate

Jate: confused and playing both he thinks he loves Jee but actually he's in love with Dao

P'iak : Jee's gay manager

It has definately a rewatch value and I hope K-C-TW will make one too :D

There's Le Jun Kai a Chinese drama full of misunderstandings and cruelty but the finale is not as sweet as this one.
Kleun Cheewit

Channel 3
  • Duration:

1 hr. 50 min.

• Score:

8.7 (scored by 468 users)
  • Ranked: