Atslipinbag's Weekend Movie Picks

Atslipinbag's Weekend Movie Picks
Cute Family Movies

Out of all  genres of movies, family based ones are probably the best type to enjoy with your family members (that wasn't too obvious was it?) Today I bring some of my movie picks appropriate for any age group and will make you feel happy after watching them. They might be fairy tales like that of Disney or fast-paced and action-packed superhero movies but they are still wonderful pieces of work. Needless to say they are utterly cute to watch ^^. So without anymore delay, let me introduce to you such family movies.

Country: Taiwan                             Genre: Romance, Drama                            Year: 2009

Synopsis: While helping his parents deliver lunch boxes to an hearing impaired swimming team, Tian Kuo sees Yang Yang who is there to support her sister, Lin Xiao Peng - a talented swimmer training to qualify for an upcoming Deaflympics. And he has immediate interest in her. He shows immediate interest in her, and his days are changed from idly helping his parents food business to trying out different methods to know more about Yang Yang. Will Tian Kuo succeed? And will Lin Xiao Peng get chosen for the Deaflympics?

Hear Me is my personal favorite amongst the movies that I've watched from Taiwan. This is the only love story on this list and a very cute and sweet one. You can enjoy as well as relate to real life people. It also expresses sentiments of hearing impaired and their family. Most of the time there is only sign language communication but this is not a silent movie. It is a beautiful, heartwarming , and very lively movie. The main male character Tian Kuo is very funny (and his parents too). You can't help but love this character. And this movie has no villain, evil character. Plus Music is great too!!

Country: South Korea                Genre: Drama                    Year: 2005

Synopsis: Jang Han Yi is witty and one hell of a troublemaker. Han Byeol, his elder brother, who always helps him out of his troubles, is treated like his slave by him. Han Yi is an attention seeker and what he says is always right. But suddenly everybody say Han Byeol is very sick . Both Ma and Pa give more attention to him. Han Byeol who was always his side-ling now has a new friend in the  hospital. Han Yi starts to feel jealous and lonely. He wants more of his parents and his brother. Will Han Yi keep giving trouble? Will he be able to understand his brother's condition fully? What will happen to this family?

This is the movie that got Park Ji Bin (Incarnation Of Money child actor) an international film award and he was only 9-10 years old when he did this movie !! Isn't that freaking awesome !!! On top of that, this is based on a real story of two siblings. Park Ji Bin plays younger brother 'Hani' who is a total troublemaker who gets jealous easily. One must see is his KPoP dance ! Superb !!!!!

I should warn you -this one is a tear-jerk-er.

Country: South Korea                        Genre: Animals, Drama, Family                Year: 2006

Synopsis: Chan Yi and So Yi are two siblings left on their own. Their poor and lonesome life is filled with happiness when Chan Yi steals a puppy and brings it to So Yi as her birthday gift. So Yi names the pup 'Maeum' meaning heart. This is the story of how Maeum gives them happiness and helps them through their bad times.

I like to think this one is the cutest of all three (although all three are incomparably cute of their own kind) Maybe it's because we have uri Yoo Seung Ho (Missing You) in here. I was constantly saying 'neomu neomu kiwoyo!!! chyo kawaiiiii!!!' while watching this movie. It is also a tear jerky movie, but more than that this is a fun, happy and too too too cute movie.

Bonus
Guess what ???  Hearty Paws has a sequel, and Song Joong Ki oppa is in it!!

Hearty Paws 2: Although the star cast and the story are completely different, it is still very cute. This one is really fast paced and adventurous. I sometimes feel like I am watching a Dog version of Baby's Day Out. But believe me these two are completely different movies.

How did you like my weekend pickups ? Have You watched them ?

I wanted to include a movie from Japan (their movies are great too) but from what I have finished watching, I couldn't find one that perfectly fits into this category. So Japanese movie fans, will you care to recommend me such movies?? I 'd very much appreciate it.

Have a great weekend !!!

darkangel662008 Nov 10, 2013

I haven't watched Hearty Paws, I'll add it on my list. And Hear Me and Hello, Brother were definitely a must-watch movie. I really love Park Ji Bin he's one of my favorite child actor and on the top of my list of child actor I'm looking forward to grow-up and take the main lead in drama and movies. He may not be as handsome as other idol and actors but he can definitely surpass them all in acting department :)

atslipinbag Nov 11, 2013

thanks. yes he is a great actor !!! he is fantastic in Hello Brother and, in Incarnation of Money loved him more than adult character

ketibachan Nov 10, 2013

Family? Based on a real story? Tear jerker? Going on my PTWlist!!!

ketibachan Nov 10, 2013

Family? Based on a real story? Tear jerker? Going on my PTWlist!!!

dapinaymrs Nov 10, 2013

thank *you* for reminding me to put Hear Me on my Faves List. While it's so funny, it surely had its teary moments.

atslipinbag Nov 10, 2013
      Reveal Spoiler »
    supalove Nov 9, 2013

this was a really good idea, i love watching k-movies on the weekend, keep up the recs!! im going to go see hear me and hello brother for sure!!

Draagon Nov 9, 2013

Hear Me is an amazing movie ^^ I'll add the other two to my PTW as well, they seem interesting. Thanks for the recs!

I think a Japanese movie along the same thread of those mentioned is "Miracle / I Wish / Kiseki." It's pretty light-hearted and focuses on children's lives while exploring the effect of adult decisions - like divorce or gambling - on kids.

atslipinbag Nov 9, 2013

U r WLC !!!
      Domo !! for the Jp movie rec !!! i"ll try it out soon

rosefae72 Nov 9, 2013

I lover Hear Me. I've seen it twice already and could really watch it again. Definitely one of my faves.
    I'll have to look into the other selections - they look cute :)

blueaoichan Nov 9, 2013

Hear Me is one of my favorite movie ! It's really heartwarming and sweet <3
    Looking forward to watch the other movies listed ! :D

katrina21 Nov 8, 2013

Hear Me is my favorite Taiwan movie it was cute and sweet. make me want to rewatch it again lol :D

atslipinbag Nov 8, 2013

yeah i never get tired of watching it ..and whenever m feeling low i watch this

hadassa Nov 9, 2013

It's my favourite, too! :D It is such a heartwarming movie!

cuzie Nov 8, 2013

hello brother sounds interesting, will look for it right away, thx for the rec.. ^^

Hana-zfa Nov 8, 2013

I remember wathing Hearty paws together with all my classmate years ago, and we all keep crying till the end.. haha.
    I agree with you, It's good to watch this movie with family.. And i think i will try Hear me, thank's for your recommandation ^^

bananas4dramas908 Nov 8, 2013

Hear Me was a great one! Haven't seen the others... But Hello Brother looks good. thanks for the recommendation. ^v^

AnitaGuida Nov 8, 2013

Great recomendations! Hear Me is one of my favorite movies ever. Hello Brother sounds interesting. =D

Apri Nov 8, 2013

Put the first two movies on my plan-to-watch list! (only watched Hearty Paws 1&2)

Totalt Nov 8, 2013

Hello Brother made me cry which Hearty Paws didn't do... So I really recommend you all who haven't Hello Brother yet to watch it! Park Jibin is doing such a great work

As for Jmovies I really recommend Little DJ. It's a heart-warming and somewhat saddening movie.

atslipinbag Nov 8, 2013

although i cried in both movies but i understand you .
      Hello Brother was definitely more tear-jerker than Hearty Paws for me also..

Thanks for your recommendation ! I will watch it this Sunday

• 0Published Posts
  • 0Total
  • 0Total Views

atslipinbag's most recent articles...