Favorite 'Not So Lead" Characters

Favorite “Not-so-Lead” Characters
Today I will be listing my favorite characters in Korean dramas that are not the main leads nor the second leads, but just characters in the story that are so funny and loveable you look forward to their scenes. I cannot imagine the drama without them. So let’s start the countdown of the best scene-stealers:

• At number 7 we have Kang Ja (Jung Soo Young) from Fantasy Couple. She is also known as the crazy girl in the neighborhood that becomes friends with the new crazy girl. She is super funny, especially when she is with Anna.  I laugh even if they just mention her name.

http://data0.eklablog.net/dramas_and_co/perso/images dramas/k-dramas/fantasy couple-capture-anna et kang ja.jpg

• At number 6 we have deputy manager (Kim Seul Gi) in Flower Boy Next Door. She is the girl with the severe dark circles. She is funny when she is angry, when she is in love, when she happy.  She adds so much to the comedy of the show and I waited for her in every episode.

• At number 5 we have Jin Pal Rang (Chun Bo Geun) and Jin Nam Bit from Stars Falling From the Sky. They are the youngest brothers of Jin Pal Kang. Though all the little children were so great these two are my favorite; the baby is just the cutest thing and Pal Rang is so energetic and clumsy. I really loved his song about the panties.

• For number 4 we have the fake parents in Myung Wol the Spy. I know that drama was weird, but this couple was just the funniest thing in that drama. I loved the “love-hate” relationship they had. The things they teach her for seducing Kang Woo are so funny and entertaining; they were very good scene-stealers.

• Now for number 3 we have Kim Dong Ah (Lim Ju Eun) from Wild Romance. You may know her as the creepy weird best friend of Yoo Eun Jae. She is the weirdest character I have ever seen. She’s so funny, cute and bizarre. She speaks so frankly about everything and she is not embarrassed to be herself, that’s her charm. And I loved the robot couple so much.

• And for number 2 we have Manager Ma (Kim In Kwon) from You’re Beautiful. He really is so essential to the story. He is even the cause of the switch. I love the scenes when he imagines things and I love the pig nose thing. The nice thing about him is that even though he is very selfish he does care for Go Mi Nam a lot.

• And finally, for the best scene-stealer ever we have Kim Tan’s mother (Kim Sung Ryung) in Heirs. She really was so refreshing in the middle of that drama. I really didn’t like the main couple or the story, but I missed her after the drama ended. When I first started the drama I thought she was going to be another evil rich mom, but I was so surprised by her uniqueness. I loved her so much.

Do you like these characters too?? Who are some of your favorite not-so-lead character??

Esther Jun 14, 2014

Manager Ma!!! <3 hahahaha

UnknownGirl Apr 17, 2014

love it

vanillasalt Mar 28, 2014

i liked Dae-woong's friend from mgig, he was so funny!

DontPanicToktok Mar 21, 2014

the Japanese guy (forgot his name) in Flower Boy Next Door was just so amazing and of course Kim Tan's mom was awesome too ^^

joy_drama78 Mar 20, 2014

Jung Soo Young was also the best friend, Boo-mi, in "City Hall". I laughed (and cried) during most of her scenes with Kim Sun-ah. I always love it when the side characters make you love them more than the main ones. Honestly, that's what makes a good drama is when every character is utilized and made unique :)

hazel321 Mar 18, 2014

Yes, and the reporter from Oh my Lady. That same actor in Scent of a Woman as the coworker/dance instructor.

Harutama Mar 18, 2014

I loved the Manager Du Jin (Jin Qin) in Skip Beat! He was totally funny!! XD And Stresemann from Nodame Cantabile, i laughed so much!!In 'The Best Lee Soon Shin' I liked so much the couple Hye Shin-Jin Wook, they were too cute!! *^*

Illusion Mar 17, 2014

Good side characters are pretty essential. One of my favorites is Yang Taek Bae in Queen of Ambition. I also loved Lee Moon Kwon (Park Yoo Hwan) in A Thousand Days' Promise, though I suspect it's because I liked looking at him. Well, how could one not like Micky's brother? Eye candy side characters are great XD

yankumicho Mar 17, 2014

Ahn Jae Hyun as Cheon Yoon Jae from You Who Came from the Stars and I'm not sure if this counts, but Kim Sung Kyun as Samcheonpo in Reply 1994 (He's my favorite character).

PinkyPie Mar 17, 2014

Haha the best Romance ever: Tan's Mother + Eun Sang's Mother!!! They were so great *0* xD

washburn Mar 17, 2014

Ah, Tan's mum was so amazing in Heirs! I loved her and Cha Eun Sang's mum together :D

cuzie Mar 17, 2014

i love kim dong ah more than the main story on wild romance too,

love your list, hope there will be another one.. ^^

MyOwnJudgement Mar 16, 2014

My favourite in this list is definitely Kim Seul Gi. That girl was such a genius.
    I currently love the ghost character in Bride Of The Century, she's hilarious. :)

cuzie Mar 17, 2014

LOL, i love the ghost too, she's hilarious..

ricky Mar 16, 2014

I liked a lot of these characters too.
    I'll add Dol Swe and Bang Wool from Arang & The Magistrate.
    Bara-ssi from Let's Eat!

Joooya Mar 16, 2014

City hunter : lee kwang soo as (Go Ki Joon)
    Gu family book : jo jae yun as (Wal Pae)
    lee do kyeong as (Master Gong Dal)
    Haeundae lovers : kim hye eun as (Yook Tam Hee)
    My girlfriend is a gumiho : sung dong il as (Ban Doo Hong)he is the best ever and makes me feel happy everytime i see him .

• 0Published Posts
  • 0Total
  • 0Total Views

fatima_july's most recent articles...