MyDramaList Best of Japan 2016 Winners!

The Best of Japan 2016 - Winners

The votes are in.  Here are the winners of this year's MyDramaList Best of Japan 2016 Drama Polls!

________________________________

Winner of five categories |  A Girl & Three Sweethearts (Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto)

- Best Japanese Drama of 2016

- Best Romance

- Best Romantic Comedy

- Best First Episode

- Best OST

________________________________

Best Couple | Kiritani Mirei and Yamazaki Kento (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

Yamazaki Kento in A Girl & Three Sweethearts won both:

- Best Actor
 -Best Idol Actor/Actress

________________________________

Best Actress | Kiritani Mirei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actor | Miura Shohei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actress |  Ishida Yuriko (Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu / We Married as Job)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actor | Nomura Shuhei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actress | Komatsu Nana (The Black Devil and the White Prince)

________________________________

Best Bromance | Yamazaki KentoNomura Shuhei, and Miura Shohei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

Wolf Girl and Black Prince won both:

- Best Japanese Movie

- Best Manga/Anime Adaptation

________________________________

Best Comedy Drama | Please Love the Useless Me (Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai)

Best Historical Drama | Seirei no Moribito

Best Action/Suspense and Best Mystery Drama |  Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko

________________________________

Best Villain |  Narimiya Hiroki (Kaito Tantei Yamaneko)

Best Family Drama |  Koe Koi

Best Medical Drama |  Doctor X-4

________________________________

Thank you for voting for the Best of Japan 2016. Did your favorites get picked?

Credits: A big thank you to Anniee and thatseelyah for putting in many, many hours into making the Best of Japan polls happen, counting the nominations, and more.

ken 16 hours ago

I really thought Love That Makes You Cry should have won at least one award

TroubleMcTrouble 1 day ago

"Thank you for voting for the Best of Japan 2016. Did your favorites get picked?"

Ummmm, unless we all loved and adored A Girl and Three Sweethearts as much as every Yamazaki Kento fan did, then no.....no, my favourite did not get picked. But, thankfully, seeing that AG&3S was nominated in so much and teen fave of the moment, Yamazaki Kento, was in it I wasn't expecting anything else to win.

Indeed I'm more surprised there wasn't a way found to shoehorn AG&3S into EVERY category thereby ensuring a sweep of EVERY award for the drama in general and YK in particular.

So to recap - a girl and three sweethearts won EVERYTHING? Wow, I didn't even think it was THAT good; I mean it was good, but not good enough to win SO much. o_0

However, it was DEFINITELY a teen show and I think the amount of wins it got showed that teen girls were voting the show for their biases and NOT the show.

amourexdile 2 days ago

No mention of Boku no Yabai Tsuma? I think there should be a new category added for the absolute craziest and most unpredictable drama of the year. I loved it even more than the Gone Girl franchise it was (loosely) based on.

chibiladychoi 4 days ago - edited

I didnt get Koe Koi winning the family drama category...

sylwia 4 days ago

or being nominated in the first place

theairtwit 4 days ago

I don't either, or why seirei no moribito won best historical & why yamaken won best idol actor---or why any of these guys were put in these categories for voting in the first place, actually.

TroubleMcTrouble 1 day ago

I think it was a teen thing - both the nominations (knowing teen girls would vote the most) and the wins.

Asya 4 days ago - edited

You know what is unfair? A mediocre drama like AG&3S won TONS of awards (even in categories like best couple- they had ZERO chemistry) and excellent dramas like Dame ni Watashi and Nigeru wa Haji won only ONE each. Fujioka Dean and Fukuda Kyoko had much, much, much more chemistry anda better relationship (ie, they actually talked to each other and didn't run away whenever they had a small misunderstanding). I am also a little sad that Nigeru wa Haji didn't win Best First Episode. AG&3S was okay, but Nigeru wa Haji's first episode, I felt, laid a very good base for the next few episodes. It adequately summarised the tone of the whole series, giving the viewers a good expectation on what the rest of the episodes will be like (if they want to drop it or continue).

I get that Yamazaki Kento and Kiritani Mirei are more popular actors with larger fan following but... it's not like I have to like it.

Agreed - AG&3S won because a LOT of teen girls voted for their biases and NOTHING else. However, my daughter (19) was outraged though that Nigeru wa Haji didn't win more - especially best first episode. She also said the chemistry between the main leads in AG&3S was laughable, let alone so good they won the best couple award. Frankly I think Fujioka Dean and Tsuchiya Tao from IQ246 had more chemistry than the main couple from AG&3S, and they were NOT even a couple in that drama! Even if you didn't agree about NwH's couple being the best chemistry there were most definitely better couples out there than AG&3S'.

I am the most upset though that NwH didn't win Best First Episode as SO many people have said they were snagged by the very first episode and couldn't stop watching thereafter. Whereas there's NOTHING said even remotely the same about AG&3S. It was, to be honest, a mediocre drama with mediocre acting and an ending so obvious you could be blind and still see it coming from ten miles away.

Still, that's democracy - we have to accept the results. Jinsei towa souiu mono desu ne.... :)

Erica 4 days ago

Love these J-Drama. Huge fan of J-Drama. Thanks for posting them. I cannot wait for the upcoming movies and drama in 2017.

NLS 5 days ago

Awww....Narimiya Hiroki! He totally deserved that award :)

Skye-N-Rain 5 days ago - edited

If anyone is upset about these results, keep in mind that we are always looking for more Jdrama/Japanese news writers to encourage people watching Japanese content.

EmaChan 5 days ago

Thank you for your hard work. = D

Hozrien 6 days ago - edited

Well this was a pretty obvious turn out.

Selty 6 days ago - edited

appart from Kaito Tantei Yamaneko I feel like the other dramas don't really deserve this prize. Nobody watch other Js-drama than lowkey teenage-shoujo love stories ?

I think we watch a lot more than that - but teenage girls are nothing if not determined to make sure their biases win. The results show this; it's not the drama but who is in it. Just the way it is. Next year it'll be the movie versions of Itazura na Kiss winning everything; or some other drama starring a teen idol.

Teens in the West are as bad - I mean Beiber can SPIT on fans from his balcony, and they STILL adore him. Thank God most teens aren't that stupid; I still remember with a smile the teenage girl getting him to autograph a notebook.........that was a DEATH NOTE. lol!

Sutera116 6 days ago

I somehow feel like Kaito Tantei Yamaneko was airing 3-4 years ago???
    When we were voting I couldn't even remember the name (the irony lol)

displacedmoon 6 days ago

It's a given that shows like AG&3H's, that were viewed by five times more the people, than gems like Juhan Shutei will get more votes. "There's strength in numbers," as the saying goes. But it's still disappointing to see it win across so many categories, when there were clearly better choices.

Personally, I didn't vote in the jdrama poll this year. I watched my fair share, but after glancing at the categories, I honestly couldn't say I had viewed enough to fairly judge -- so I stuck with just voting for what I really knew -- kdrama.

Sujach 6 days ago

I mean I enjoyed A Girl And 3 Sweethearts, but this is a bit.... xD

nita_misaki 6 days ago

My favorite drama was never let me go though but it's ok i loved three sweethearts also

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...