MyDramaList Best of Japan 2016 Winners!

The Best of Japan 2016 - Winners

The votes are in.  Here are the winners of this year's MyDramaList Best of Japan 2016 Drama Polls!

________________________________

Winner of five categories |  A Girl & Three Sweethearts (Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto)

- Best Japanese Drama of 2016

- Best Romance

- Best Romantic Comedy

- Best First Episode

- Best OST

________________________________

Best Couple | Kiritani Mirei and Yamazaki Kento (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

Yamazaki Kento in A Girl & Three Sweethearts won both:

- Best Actor
 -Best Idol Actor/Actress

________________________________

Best Actress | Kiritani Mirei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actor | Miura Shohei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actress |  Ishida Yuriko (Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu / We Married as Job)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actor | Nomura Shuhei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actress | Komatsu Nana (The Black Devil and the White Prince)

________________________________

Best Bromance | Yamazaki KentoNomura Shuhei, and Miura Shohei (A Girl & Three Sweethearts)

Wolf Girl and Black Prince won both:

- Best Japanese Movie

- Best Manga/Anime Adaptation

________________________________

Best Comedy Drama | Please Love the Useless Me (Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai)

Best Historical Drama | Seirei no Moribito

Best Action/Suspense and Best Mystery Drama |  Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko

________________________________

Best Villain |  Narimiya Hiroki (Kaito Tantei Yamaneko)

Best Family Drama |  Koe Koi

Best Medical Drama |  Doctor X-4

________________________________

Thank you for voting for the Best of Japan 2016. Did your favorites get picked?

Credits: A big thank you to Anniee and thatseelyah for putting in many, many hours into making the Best of Japan polls happen, counting the nominations, and more.

surfaktan Mar 26, 2017

seirei no moribito as far as concern, a historical?in genre? Lol come on MDL guy and ladies, it like sayin' LoTR was also historical

Ninda Rib Mar 20, 2017

What??? The Girl and The Three Bitterhearts won all the awards well good to know that people still like dramas with jerk main guy.. that's why this type of drama keep being produce.. When there are many gems like Juhan Shuttai, Nigeru wa Haji, ect.. Cant believe it.. btw so tired to see YamaKen's face everywhere, it's not that i hate him.. i mean there are better actors but then again he's popular so what i'm gonna do lol.. anyway congrats to all winners of "I dont care if it suck, I just wanna vote my favs" award base on who has most fans ..although some of them deserved it.

Maryan Mar 6, 2017

was hoping sumike sumire would win something :( but atleast please love the useless me won something!

Narcissa Jan 23, 2017

Yamazaki kento and Narimiya Hiroki, all respect and love.

shaz22 Jan 22, 2017

What I learned from this post is that I should pick up Yamaneko as a last tribute to amazing Hiroki (as it spoiled the fact that he's the villain).

DaemonSaDia Jan 17, 2017 - edited

I thought "A Girl & Three Emotionally Abusive Men" was pretty awful, but the other winners I can agree with.

Luly Feb 6, 2017

"A Girl & Three Emotionally Abusive Men" bless your soul, I'll call it that from now on.

ken Jan 16, 2017 - edited

I really thought Love That Makes You Cry should have won at least one award

Trouble-chan Jan 16, 2017

"Thank you for voting for the Best of Japan 2016. Did your favorites get picked?"

Ummmm, unless we all loved and adored A Girl and Three Sweethearts as much as every Yamazaki Kento fan did, then no.....no, my favourite did not get picked. But, thankfully, seeing that AG&3S was nominated in so much and teen fave of the moment, Yamazaki Kento, was in it I wasn't expecting anything else to win.

Indeed I'm more surprised there wasn't a way found to shoehorn AG&3S into EVERY category thereby ensuring a sweep of EVERY award for the drama in general and YK in particular.

Trouble-chan Jan 16, 2017 - edited

So to recap - a girl and three sweethearts won EVERYTHING? Wow, I didn't even think it was THAT good; I mean it was good, but not good enough to win SO much. o_0

However, it was DEFINITELY a teen show and I think the amount of wins it got showed that teen girls were voting the show for their biases and NOT the show.

amourexdile Jan 15, 2017

No mention of Boku no Yabai Tsuma? I think there should be a new category added for the absolute craziest and most unpredictable drama of the year. I loved it even more than the Gone Girl franchise it was (loosely) based on.

chibiladychoi Jan 13, 2017 - edited

I didnt get Koe Koi winning the family drama category...

tropka Jan 13, 2017

or being nominated in the first place

theairtwit Jan 13, 2017

I don't either, or why seirei no moribito won best historical & why yamaken won best idol actor---or why any of these guys were put in these categories for voting in the first place, actually.

Trouble-chan Jan 16, 2017

I think it was a teen thing - both the nominations (knowing teen girls would vote the most) and the wins.

FreeWhirpool Jan 13, 2017 - edited

You know what is unfair? A mediocre drama like AG&3S won TONS of awards (even in categories like best couple- they had ZERO chemistry) and excellent dramas like Dame ni Watashi and Nigeru wa Haji won only ONE each. Fujioka Dean and Fukuda Kyoko had much, much, much more chemistry anda better relationship (ie, they actually talked to each other and didn't run away whenever they had a small misunderstanding). I am also a little sad that Nigeru wa Haji didn't win Best First Episode. AG&3S was okay, but Nigeru wa Haji's first episode, I felt, laid a very good base for the next few episodes. It adequately summarised the tone of the whole series, giving the viewers a good expectation on what the rest of the episodes will be like (if they want to drop it or continue).

I get that Yamazaki Kento and Kiritani Mirei are more popular actors with larger fan following but... it's not like I have to like it.

Trouble-chan Jan 16, 2017 - edited

Agreed - AG&3S won because a LOT of teen girls voted for their biases and NOTHING else. However, my daughter (19) was outraged though that Nigeru wa Haji didn't win more - especially best first episode. She also said the chemistry between the main leads in AG&3S was laughable, let alone so good they won the best couple award. Frankly I think Fujioka Dean and Tsuchiya Tao from IQ246 had more chemistry than the main couple from AG&3S, and they were NOT even a couple in that drama! Even if you didn't agree about NwH's couple being the best chemistry there were most definitely better couples out there than AG&3S'.

I am the most upset though that NwH didn't win Best First Episode as SO many people have said they were snagged by the very first episode and couldn't stop watching thereafter. Whereas there's NOTHING said even remotely the same about AG&3S. It was, to be honest, a mediocre drama with mediocre acting and an ending so obvious you could be blind and still see it coming from ten miles away.

Still, that's democracy - we have to accept the results. Jinsei towa souiu mono desu ne.... :)

FreeWhirpool Feb 2, 2017

I do actually agree that NwH's couple was better than AG&3S, but I do know many people who thought that they were too distant for 70% of the drama and never showed the 'signs' (I disagree, but a lot of people felt that way). But still.

Erica Jan 12, 2017

Love these J-Drama. Huge fan of J-Drama. Thanks for posting them. I cannot wait for the upcoming movies and drama in 2017.

ItIsAshViolet Jan 12, 2017

Awww....Narimiya Hiroki! He totally deserved that award :)

Skye-N-Rain Jan 12, 2017 - edited

If anyone is upset about these results, keep in mind that we are always looking for more Jdrama/Japanese news writers to encourage people watching Japanese content.

EmaChan Jan 12, 2017

Thank you for your hard work. = D

prettytin Jan 29, 2017

thank you for still including japanese category and not only korean :)

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...