5 Reasons To Start Watching Hwarang Immediately!

5 Reasons to start watching Hwarang immediately

Y4BQoRy3_320b3c_f.jpg

Hwarang, also known as Flower Knights: The Beginning; The Beautiful Knights; and Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth is surely one of the most popular currently airing dramas right now. In case you're still wondering whether you should give it a try, here are my top 5 reasons to help you make up your mind. And of course, for all those who are already on it, let this be an article of appreciation for this amazing TV series.

1. 1. The Eye Candy

One of the main reasons why somebody would absolutely love this show is, without a doubt, the eye-catching cast. The Hwarangs are indeed "flowering" and "beautiful" just like the title of the series suggests. The only thing that I still can't figure out, though, is why do the Hwarangs have to be so good-looking and what does it have to do with the protection of the kingdom, not that I'm complaining, of course.

tumblr_ojkfz3lMg11ringc4o1_500.gif tumblr_ojkfz3lMg11ringc4o2_500.gif

tumblr_ojkfz3lMg11ringc4o3_1280.png

Park Seo Joon casually stating the facts

1. 2. The Love-Hate Relationships

I feel like the whole drama is based on this kind of relationship, varying from serious, even heartbreaking ones to cute and funny ones. A love-hate relationship between a kid and a parent, between a general and his comrades, between lovers, siblings or friends, you name it - they have it all and you just can't help but gush over the moments where characters work things out between each other, because it's simply adorable

tumblr_inline_ol3vomvYdF1utg0nm_540.png

tumblr_ol79z8fmaG1w4hopxo2_500.gif tumblr_ol79z8fmaG1w4hopxo1_500.gif

1. 3. The Comedy

The show is pretty much a meme gold mine and there are some absolutely hilarious moments which you'll have to see for yourselves or else I'd be spoiling.

tumblr_ojk8z5eUhB1rpyw6wo4_400.gif tumblr_ojoeye4X0t1u0fn8uo3_400.gif

1. 4. The Romance

Another thing I adore about this drama is that it doesn't just focus on the relationship of the main leads but the love stories of the supporting characters are also shown, which is a huge advantage because I always get bored of the main leads' romance at some point.

tumblr_ol2g5v5T8K1w3s6ybo2_400.gif tumblr_ol2g5v5T8K1w3s6ybo1_400.gif

because there is no limit to who or what a man can fall in love with

tumblr_ojita8tm281s8t96qo1_400.gif tumblr_ojita8tm281s8t96qo2_r1_400.gif

and of course the grab of love

1. 5. The Bromance

Because, well, who doesn't like bromance?!? But really, casting aside the fangirl feels, the drama displays just how beautiful both friendship and brotherhood are and how much easier life can be if you choose to open up to and rely on somebody. It's really impressive how heartwarming the plot could prove to be if you give it deeper thought.

1. tumblr_ojl2k9vp7E1qk6zmeo10_400.gif tumblr_okyq151sd61s8352to3_r1_500.gif

2. tumblr_ol7mgwn2qX1v3t8tio2_540.png tumblr_ol7mgwn2qX1v3t8tio3_1280.png

And those were only the main reasons but I can confidently assure you there's more to it! I read a lot of hate comments about this one but I honestly can't see why people dislike it. I've been enjoying it since episode 1 and I highly recommend it to you guys. Hope you enjoyed my first ever article! ^^

SimronParida 17 days ago

I started watching the drama because of the eye candies but soon I lost interest in the sorry. And the female lead was too sour to my eyes !!!!!!!
    Many of my friends loved this drama but it was not my cup of tea!!!!

Ella Feb 18, 2017

i guess a lot of people dislike it cause there's no chemistry between the main couple, even the second couple is more interesting and entertaining tbh..

kittyflumpin Feb 16, 2017 - edited

The undeniable appeal of this show even managed to draw *me* in, and I hardly watch K-dramas anymore (I'm thoroughly burned out on their tropes tbh), so it takes a lot to get me interested these days! Once I got through the "set-up" eps in the beginning (which were not even *that* boring, honestly), I was hooked.

I understand people's complaints about the main romance between Sun Woo & Ah Ro; I'm pretty indifferent about them myself, but that's really not why I'm enjoying the show. Rather, it's pretty much every *other* reason you've listed here. The fact that one element is a little lackluster doesn't make the entire show bad-- unless the main/only reason you watch dramas is the romance, in which case yeah, maybe skip this one. Otherwise, I've been finding it very fun (and funny) and exciting (and frankly *very* nice to look at).

P.S. As a side note, I'll *definitely* be checking out Park Hyung Shik's next project, if that gives you any indication as to who stole my heart in this drama (I know I'm not alone in this).

Nor Feb 15, 2017

I was afraid you'd mention the main couple love-story, but the list is perfect. Well done! :D

Railise Feb 14, 2017

Well said!! :) I'm so completely hooked on this show. Love it!!! <3 <3

klairi360 Feb 14, 2017

good job!!! <3

tattylovestofly Feb 14, 2017
    Reveal Spoiler »
    Wafha_Kamenashi Feb 13, 2017

1. Interesting story
    2. Cast
    3. Comedy
    4.Love story
    5. I love their fighting scene!.
    Thats why am totally Hwarangholic ha!ha!ha!.... :)

Sony Feb 13, 2017

Hwarang ♥

Fortuna Feb 13, 2017 - edited

#1 (Hyungsik!) and #5. That's why I'm still here. Otherwise, definitely spend your time watching something else.

Andre Feb 13, 2017 - edited

The main reason people are saying it isn't worth watching, is because they're seeking romance. Well, this drama is not 100% romance themed. Get over it.

K-Freak Feb 14, 2017

That's totally not true haha. The story is just weak and not worth it. + I am someone who likes the drama if the story is worth it. Six Flying Dragons was one of my favs + Signal

Jay Feb 14, 2017

More like... That's the reason people are NOT watching it... It's because of the forced romance between the leads. If it's more about Hwarang itself/bromance, maybe people would actually watch it

gottcha78 Feb 15, 2017

I disagree... I've been struggling with the horrible, forced romance and I've been seriously missing all the bromance stuff that was happening in the beginning of the show. Plus the "intrigue" parts are just meh. Like, I haven't been biting my nails over any of the political stuff or any of the sword fights.

Fay Feb 16, 2017

lol the reason people don't like it is because of the lackluster romance which is being forced upon them. and romance is an unnecessarily large part of the drama.

Janey Feb 13, 2017

Watch Goblin instead, this is a waste of time. Already watched Goblin? Watch it again!

K-Freak Feb 13, 2017

I don't like it because it is somehow boring to me. Go Ah Ra's role is so unnecessary like most of the roles tbh. It isn't like Scarlet Heart where every character has his/her own story. The main couple is monotonous even the second couple (Ban Ryu & Soo Yeon) are more interesting. The second lead seems more like the male lead but now the writers are ruining that too. Well that is just my opinion. And I would never recommend this drama to anyone. Missing 9 is the best drama at this time.

MelimeloAsiafan Feb 13, 2017

Me too I can^t understand people who dislike hate, I can understand that people have a style/genre of favorite drama, but at this point why watch if you know you won't like it ?
    Well enough about it, I love this drama for all the reason you state above and I really want to know the end of the plot and the secrets behind all characters ! I can only continue to watch it, it is making me addict each week !

zukuu Feb 13, 2017 - edited

I love Go Ah Ra. But this is one drama where her part seems extra. As a weirdo who doesn't actually watch for bromance, and doesn't particularly enjoy it when it takes away from the lead pair, this didn't need a female lead. At all. I feel like the other stories and characters are too strong. The guys really impressed me here. The relationships between them are enough to pull the story along.

Jemerald523 Feb 13, 2017

I dont think she was seems an extra here.. She was given so much crying scene that's seems unnecessary in the progress of the show.

Vanessa's most recent articles...