Currently Watching: My Mr Mermaid

Currently Watching: My Mr. Mermaid

*NOTE: this drama is the best fit for those who are interested in Youth, Comedy, and Romance genres; if you aren't interested in these types of dramas it wouldn't hurt to try!

my-mr-mermaid-lang-hua-yi-duo-duo.jpg

So, the first thing I wanted to talk about was the title, which really hit me hard, it's unique in a different way. It gets me thinking that the title "My Mr Mermaid" should actually be "My Mr Merman" first of all because the word "Mermaid" comes before the word "Mr." which stands for males only and also because Tang Yi Bai played by Xiong Dylan is a male.

ANYWAYS let's get right into this article!!

TANG YI BAI played by XIONG DYLAN

picture3.png

Tang Yi Bai (played by Xiong Dylan) was a former champion swimmer from South Physical Education College which went on a 3 Year Hiatus due to rumors of doing drugs, He returns from his 3 year hiatus to compete for the South Physical Education College "Dream Cup Competiton" alongside his best friend, Qi Rui Feng )played by Huang Sheng Chi), against their biggest rival, Heng Ou Yang (played by Pang Han Chen), of North Physical Education College.

YUN DOU played by TAN SONG YUN

Mer%2056.jpg

Yon Dou (played by Tan Song Yun) is an intern reporter at the company "QK video" and is in charge of getting interviews with college athletes and has a fear of water due to a near drowning incident. She meets Tang Yi Bai after accidentally falling into the pool and he jumps in to save her.

QUI RUI FENG played by HUANG SHENG CHI

picture2.png

Qui Rui Feng played by Haung Sheng Chi is Tang Yi Bai's best friend and team leader of the South Physical Education swim team who slowly starts to fall in love with tomboy Xiang Yang Yang played by Wang Zi Xuan.

OU YANG HENG played by PANG HAN CHEN

picture5.png

Ou Yang Heng played by Pang Han Chen was one of Tang Yi Bai's best friend and currently now his rival in the college swimming industry, they were both friends until the drug incident happened which caused them to drift apart.

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS DRAMA SO FAR:

I love it, but not like other dramas; this one takes time for the love to grow, they actually go through hardships. People can understand and relate to {especially athletes like me}, and the drama is pure and youthful which really goes with the plot and the genre.

JUST GIVE THE FIRST 2 EPISODES A WATCH AND I BET YOU WILL BE HOOKED!

This drama is a heart warming summer love that will pull the viewers together so give it a try, it might end up teaching you a lesson. This drama could best as well be your amulet!

tumblr_ou194o8OrE1qcioylo6_400.gif

Aoolai 10 days ago

I've just finished it, and I loved it!! Really a sweet drama and with great characters (nice people, I needed some nice story with, without too much hatred or revenge etc)

KarenScott 11 days ago - edited

who has watched it? how is it?

LilyL 9 days ago

Highly recommend it! Wrote a review on it if you wanted to see one's perspective :) hope it helps!

RandomShell 12 days ago - edited

I was going to watch it but then I sense second lead syndrome and I ran the other direction

namkookie 12 days ago

don't worry just give the first 2 ep a true am sure you won't regret it

Hozrien 13 days ago

I just finished this drama recently and I quite enjoyed it to say the least, not sure if I would watch it but the cuteness of the male lead/his character made up for it.

daisydeath 13 days ago

I finished this and enjoyed it. The eye candy did help for the slow parts but they weren't that bad. there is one part of the plot that I felt they could have given hints for more towards the beginning.

All_In 14 days ago

I think I might jump back into this one. I watched several episodes but just wasn't sure if there was enough plot for the episode count ( a common problem with c-dramas). I don't have that many dramas on my plate now so I'll give it another go.

HappySqueak 14 days ago - edited

I watched the first few eps, it seems light hearted and fun. I found female lead cute and annoying! Though sometimes that trait goes hand in hand lol, but I think she will improve and her character will develop more further in. So I want to watch some more episodes. The guys all look very nice ^_^

totallyclueless 12 days ago

Agree with you! DIdn't know it is possible to be cute and annoying at the same time, lol.

namkookie 14 days ago - edited

my first article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totoro 14 days ago - edited

Throughout my short drama watching career, I have only watched kdramas, but unfortunately, I'm currently in a kdrama slump (for about a month now). All the kdramas I'm watching seem boring... I picked up this drama yesterday and have already finished ep 4. So far, I'm liking the chemistry between the leads. The storyline is cute, but I hope it picks up (the first four eps are a bit slow). definitely will continue it!

namkookie 14 days ago

i understand you but as you keep going you will begin to get addicted most likely i guess

HappySqueak 14 days ago

there were not that many great kdramas this summer it has been very much a slump, I have found.

namkookie's most recent articles...