I saw an article on this drama saying it was going to be a huge hit  here 

But it doesn't seem to get any hype here on mdl, what's happening?

_MooBerry_:

This is a different drama, the drama that was mentioned in the article is this one 

https://mydramalist.com/680385-black-sun

ehh but i did post under the drama discussion section for - the unveil 

It is a hit drama in korea. But most of the MDL users are here only to watch pretty boys and not great actors like Namgoong Min so maybe that is why it is not getting that much hype outside korea, even though he is one of the biggest actors in korea. Also the genre of this drama is not something that everyone is fond of.

Luffy:

It is a hit drama in korea. But most of the MDL users are here only to watch pretty boys and not great actors like Namgoong Min so maybe that is why it is not getting that much hype outside korea, even though he is one of the biggest actors in korea. Also the genre of this drama is not something that everyone is fond of.

definitely agree, Live Trending dramas are usually the pretty looking flower boys. And it usually takes a while for MDL users to catch up. 

I maybe generalizing this, but in my opinion there is generally a different audience pool and watching habit of watchers between the two. 

The audience pool you have for the dramas with pretty pretty flowers boys are much younger and tends to be vocal online and watch dramas simultaneous as the airing. While the audience pool for The Veil are not really the younger generation and usually tend to not be so online with anything that happens in the drama.  But by the end of it all, I am pretty sure that if the trajectory of the narrative continue to be solid to support the awesome actor that Namgoong Min, the reviews will probably show it all.