I am still having trouble understanding why didn't he try to find out who killed him when he was right by his own dead body. He could have just travelled a few hours earlier to catch the culprit red handed. What made him travel to the past?

Any thoughts?

Gwenchana Gwenchana:

I am still having trouble understanding why didn't he try to find out who killed him when he was right by his own dead body. He could have just travelled a few hours earlier to catch the culprit red handed. What made him travel to the past?

Any thoughts?

Was he right by his own body though? He goes to 2037, I think?, and finds out he's already dead. If he goes to 2022 does it put him in his own future body or do two of him exist? I'd love to rewatch the episodes for those flashbacks again. He probably figured it'd be simpler to go back to 1987 where he had all the information already.

Ivy:

Was he right by his own body though? He goes to 2037, I think?, and finds out he's already dead. If he goes to 2022 does it put him in his own future body or do two of him exist? I'd love to rewatch the episodes for those flashbacks again. He probably figured it'd be simpler to go back to 1987 where he had all the information already.

We do see his body covered in blood which means he was there. Don't know why he came back to 2021 instead of going back to a day before he died in 2037.

Gwenchana Gwenchana:

We do see his body covered in blood which means he was there. Don't know why he came back to 2021 instead of going back to a day before he died in 2037.

Does it though? The drama shows the audience his body, doesn't necessarily mean Hae Joon saw his body in 2021. This is definitely a drama for the rewatch pile for me because so many details get hazy week to week.

From what I understand he can't go to the specific time (such as specific day or hour of the day) but only the specific year. As you can see  the time machine  only shows the year.  So if the the incident didn't happen right at the beginning of the year he has to simply wait there . That's why when he travels he has to wait around the place for a couple of months to reach the time he wants. So from understanding it seems like he can't travel to specific time like one hour before his death.

I think he also decided to go back 80s when all the murders began, to just simply start from the very beginning and hopefully save  more people.

Gwenchana Gwenchana:

Any thoughts?

idk what episode are you on when you posted this, but he explained this on Ep 7. He can't travel at a specific time and date, only years. After returning from 2037, he went to  2022 (March) and said he was already dead 2 mos earlier so he was probably murdered in January. He said he would have to wait for another 10 mos to be able to go back again on that specific day. He did his research and found out he was not the only victim and thus he decided to go back to 1987 when the murders all started, with the hope of saving all the victims' lives and stopping the culprit.

Also, we're not entirely sure IF he is really DEAD since there was no body found?? On ep 2 there was a scene with the chairman - his grandpa, on 2024 and asking him to find his grandson, who is still missing. 

The scene where he was beside his body, I guess, was only depicted from the description on the newspaper/tv news. And him saying it's cold bc maybe it was his own body so he kinda feels the same or maybeee a clue where his body really is??? 

PS. I'm currently on ep 10 only

I thought this was a plothole as well, like instead of pretending to be a teacher and wasting time, he could have gone straight to the exact day of the murders. But later on, it was subtle but it was implied he could only choose the year. If you look at the date picker in the car, he can only choose which year to travel to.

Gwenchana Gwenchana:

@deemunu is right here. His present is 2021 if I am not wrong. He finds out that he died in January 2022. So the only way he can catch the culprit is to go a year back since he can only choose year and wait for months. But if he does that he comes to his own present i.e. 2021 which means he is right where he started. Anything he does will not change what is going to happen. So it makes sense that he goes back to the 80s and catch the culprit.

Agreed and what @deemunu said is correct. I am guessing it was March 2021 when he found the time-machine car, so he time-traveled to March 2037 and found out he died in January 2022. 

Traveling to 1987 when the killings started was the best option because the killings started in May and his current timeline was March.

he cannot investigate in a place where he is already dead. what if people see him and freak out. And he cant go to exact time of his death to see the culprit as time machine doesnt work that way.

indeeboyy:

Any thoughts?

He mentioned that the time machine can only control year but not exact date..he already travel to the year he died but either its too late or too early.